20220428_002048112_iOS (resized).jpg
20220428_002039663_iOS (resized).jpg
DB711074-81AF-413C-8AB0-EFE8FD5051AE (resized).jpeg
4EE146F4-3E96-4FE0-B22E-49D18E584184 (resized).jpeg
AE3DDCDD-736A-4D7B-914E-40C6E2E0CAD5 (resized).jpeg
22A57E66-1C0E-440D-8DB4-E5577627B675 (resized).jpeg
66656234692__B33F816D-6283-4A8C-860D-149C7060560E (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 903 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.
#801 8 months ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I can't speak for this part, but I have some experience with WizardMods service. They have been top notch so far. I have purchased for 6 Stern games now and one of the orders came with black magnet stuff melted in shards within the packaging. Impacting some of the graphics. They replaced the entire $400 order immediately no argument. Arrived as usual in about 10 days, since this is overseas. Now I have two sets. I'm about to pick up an NBA FB set myself, so hopefully they get the template right. If you don't mind, keep us posted! Thx

Update: Just received revised aprons. Fits perfectly. Highly recommend Wizard Mods.

20211013_125858 (resized).jpg
#802 8 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Update: Just received revised aprons. Fits perfectly. Highly recommend Wizard Mods.
[quoted image]

Awesome! I had ordered my flippers tops and DMD overlay, but I held off on the apron. Thank you so much for actually getting back. Placing my order now - and the 12 day wait begins *shrug*. Yes, agreed Wizard Mod is highly recommended. I have it on every single Stern I own!

#803 8 months ago

[quoted image]

Nice setup marioparty34 where did you source your link header?

#804 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Nice setup marioparty34 where did you source your link header?

Thanks! I love playing head to head.

I bought the two chips online and made the connection myself. I think the hardest part was finding the chips. One of the chips is no longer in production. Here is what worked for me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/15#post-6115058

Let me know if you need help.

#805 8 months ago

Thanks! I love playing head to head.
I bought the two chips online and made the connection myself. I think the hardest part was finding the chips. One of the chips is no longer in production. You can look at the manual to see which ones you need. Let me know if you need help.

Thank you. I have the chips required. I was wondering where you found your header/topper that spans both games?

#806 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thank you. I have the chips required. I

Thank you. I have the chips required. I was wondering where you found your header/topper that spans both games?

Pm'ed

2 weeks later
#807 7 months ago

Hi everyone.

I have a bunch of Fastbreak parts for sale, so if you need anything just send me a PM.

Nice playfield for it too!

IMG_20210711_191651035 (resized).jpg
#808 7 months ago

Anyone try installing an anypin dmd + on these machines? Looks super easy from the data east video I watched , but wondered if someone has a video for the Bally/Williams games. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.pinballlife.com/anypin-dmd-nvram-battery-eliminator.html

#809 7 months ago

The NBA right ramp should be available late next week.

#810 7 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

The NBA right ramp should be available late next week.

Price?

#811 7 months ago

Hi all
Just an FYI I bought the apron magnet from Wizard Mod and it fits well enough, here is a pic

22D73918-FBF4-4009-BEE3-BE9BD95DDA2B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#813 7 months ago

I bought both of these from Planetary Pinball for my restore.

I don't think this linked outfit delivers to the US easily. Group buys from them were arranged in the past by a Pinsider named Zitt. He might be able to shed some light on that.

#814 7 months ago

hi guys
does anybody have a spare rebound diverter they want to part with
part no 04-10725 or can point me in the right direction

nba 04-10725 (resized).png
#815 7 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Group buys from them were arranged in the past by a Pinsider named Zitt.

Correct. Next group buy is at the end of the year:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcenter-parts-needed/page/4#post-6563469

#817 7 months ago

Hi everyone. I am happy to announce the availability of the right ramp for NBA Fastbreak. I am not as happy to announce the price, $372. The large amount of attachments plus decals has made this ramp expensive.

#818 7 months ago
Quoted from roboclan:

hi guys
does anybody have a spare rebound diverter they want to part with
part no 04-10725 or can point me in the right direction
[quoted image]

Is yours broken or missing? If broken jb weld may work to bond it together

2 weeks later
#819 6 months ago

Hi everyone. Did someone got the new right ramp yet? To see how it looks. Thank you

#820 6 months ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi everyone. Did someone got the new right ramp yet? To see how it looks. Thank you

I have it. I'll take a picture when I get the chance.

#821 6 months ago

I have it. I'll take a picture when I get the chance.

thank you

#822 6 months ago

Starship Fantasy NBAFB right ramp...

NBAFB Right Ramp SF (resized).jpg
#823 6 months ago

Starship Fantasy NBAFB right ramp.

Looks pretty good.

1 week later
#824 6 months ago

Has anyone had an issue with the ball getting stuck under the net, resting against the switch? It seems that so much momentum is lost going through the net that the ball doesn’t have the velocity to make the switch.

#825 5 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Has anyone had an issue with the ball getting stuck under the net, resting against the switch? It seems that so much momentum is lost going through the net that the ball doesn’t have the velocity to make the switch.

Is your Defender mech working as intended? Is the Defender blocker the ball?

#826 5 months ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Is your Defender mech working as intended? Is the Defender blocker the ball?

I believe it’s working correctly. Often the defender isn’t directly in front of the net but the ball still hangs up on the switch.

#827 5 months ago

Starship Fantasy NBAFB right ramp...
[quoted image]

How much was the right ramp if you don't mind me asking?

#828 5 months ago

$372 plus $40 shipping.

#829 5 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I believe it’s working correctly. Often the defender isn’t directly in front of the net but the ball still hangs up on the switch.

Just took a closer look at mine. So you think the switch below the basket is holding the ball? Have you checked the wire form of the switch with your finger? Is it stiff? Sounds strange to me that the switch could hold the ball. Let us know.

#830 5 months ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Just took a closer look at mine. So you think the switch below the basket is holding the ball? Have you checked the wire form of the switch with your finger? Is it stiff? Sounds strange to me that the switch could hold the ball. Let us know.

It’s a machine that I bought for a couple friends of mine that were going through some rough times. I was over there for Christmas and we played it a lot. Almost every time the ball goes through the hoop you have to bump the machine because it gets hung up at that switch. The switch does depress relatively easily with your finger. The ball doesn’t have much momentum and just kind of leans against the switch. It may just need the wire form adjusted so it doesn’t sit so high out of the playfield. Just was curious if this was a problem with anyone else’s machines.

#831 5 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

It may just need the wire form adjusted so it doesn’t sit so high out of the playfield. Just was curious if this was a problem with anyone else’s machines.

Sounds like the right plan. Here are some pics of my switch if they are useful.

IMG_0470 (resized).jpegIMG_0471 (resized).jpegIMG_0472 (resized).jpeg
#832 5 months ago

I’ll have to compare it. To me it looked like it sat higher off the playfield than the surrounding switches. Thanks

1 week later
#833 5 months ago

Hi, my Fastbreak doesn’t give me a multi ball on Shoot around multi ball only one ball even though it launches into the mode. It does however pay three ball in Around the world multi ball.
Is this normal or an issue I’ve never owned or played one before and my tec is unfamiliar with the game as well. He seems to think it might be a cpu type fault or perhaps a game code problem.
I’ve done the usual things like have the boards tested and repaired as well as replaced ball trough Opto s. Have hit a brick wall on this one and hoped that I could check in with other game owners to figure out.

image (resized).jpg
#834 5 months ago
Quoted from Jimmylad:

Hi, my Fastbreak doesn’t give me a multi ball on Shoot around multi ball only one ball even though it launches into the mode. It does however pay three ball in Around the world multi ball.
Is this normal or an issue I’ve never owned or played one before and my tec is unfamiliar with the game as well. He seems to think it might be a cpu type fault or perhaps a game code problem.
I’ve done the usual things like have the boards tested and repaired as well as replaced ball trough Opto s. Have hit a brick wall on this one and hoped that I could check in with other game owners to figure out.
[quoted image]

I recently had issues with Shoot Around Multi Ball but it was the opposite of your problem. It was giving me three balls instead of two. My issue was that my receiver and transmitter boards on the ball trough were misaligned. Are you having any switch errors there? Do you have enough balls installed? LOL. Should be four. Sorry this is not really helpful just sharing my recent experience.

#835 5 months ago

Do the other multiballs work as expected? Also check for balls getting hung up on little divots in the trough as well.

#836 5 months ago

Still looking for a linked header for my two NBAFB's. Hoping someone can help. Had a lead on the artwork file, unfortunately the owner has gone silent and no longer returns messages.

#837 5 months ago

It plays three balls in around the world multi ball and only one in shoot around multi ball. Is three correct for around the world multi ball or should it be 4. It has 4 installed. No switch errors being reported….

#838 5 months ago
Quoted from Jimmylad:

It plays three balls in around the world multi ball and only one in shoot around multi ball. Is three correct for around the world multi ball or should it be 4. It has 4 installed. No switch errors being reported….

Three balls for Around the World and two balls for Shoot Around is the correct number of balls.

#839 5 months ago

Has anyone experimented with modding the lockdown bar so that you don’t have to unhook the switch every time you take the glass off?

That’s always been an annoying design to me, and I noticed recently that newer sterns (with an action button) have a setup where the switch is mounted to the lockdown receiver and therefore the wiring doesn’t need to be unhooked. I’m curious about trying to adapt that setup for my NBAFB.

2 weeks later
#840 5 months ago

Looking to join this club. Anything in Texas. NBAFB.

1 week later
#841 4 months ago

I made an NBA Fastbreak Pinsound mix, if anyone ever wants it, give a shout.

#842 4 months ago
Quoted from Darkstar1234:

I made an NBA Fastbreak Pinsound mix, if anyone ever wants it, give a shout.

Nailed it! Killer mix

2 weeks later
#843 4 months ago

So there is a list of the answers for the NBA trivia is on the bottom of this site:
http://pinball.org/rules/nbafastbreak.html
I swear i've ran across a question or two that i've never seen on this list. Is there a more complete, comprehensive list somewhere online?

#844 4 months ago
Quoted from DK:

So there is a list of the answers for the NBA trivia is on the bottom of this site:
http://pinball.org/rules/nbafastbreak.html
I swear i've ran across a question or two that i've never seen on this list. Is there a more complete, comprehensive list somewhere online?

Once you've played it as many times as I have you'll just remember them!

#845 4 months ago

I made a "cheat sheet" for me and others lol

66656234692__B33F816D-6283-4A8C-860D-149C7060560E (resized).jpg
#846 4 months ago

EDIT - Took the glass off and ran it up to two rings. Still wouldn't save my high score. Can someone confirm they're having the same issue with the Pistons? Thank you.

I ran into an odd issue today. I've been playing teams in alphabetical order. Once I collect a ring, I move on to the next team.

Last night, I picked up a ring with the Pistons, then shut down the game for the night. I come back, and it didn't hold my high score of 171, plus a ring I earned. I thought I might have made a mistake, thinking I didn't win a ring with the Pistons. Sure enough, 211 and another ring with the Pistons, and it didn't hold my high score again.

From a troubleshooting standpoint - all of my other high scores are holding, including a ring with the Lakers, as they are preloaded with one. I tried putting up a small high score without a ring with the Raptors a moment ago to help troubleshoot further, but it held my score.

Any reason why it won't hold my high score with Detroit? Very, very odd.

#847 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

EDIT - Took the glass off and ran it up to two rings. Still wouldn't save my high score. Can someone confirm they're having the same issue with the Pistons? Thank you.
I ran into an odd issue today. I've been playing teams in alphabetical order. O

Bad batteries or not connected properly in the battery holder or cpu board.

#848 4 months ago
Quoted from Santis:

Bad batteries or not connected properly in the battery holder or cpu board.

I ended replacing the batteries, which reset the high scores and cleared out other items such as the time/date. I was able to get a high score with the Pistons with one ring after that.

I was surprised that did the trick, since it was holding other high scores, and recording new ones, just not for the Pistons.

Thanks for the help Santis.

#849 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I ended replacing the batteries, which reset the high scores and cleared out other items such as the time/date. I was able to get a high score with the Pistons with one ring after that.
I was surprised that did the trick, since it was holding other high scores, and recording new ones, just not for the Pistons.
Thanks for the help Santis.

Wasn't there a rumored "easter egg" that prevented the Pistons from getting three rings? Some kind of Chicago/Detroit rivalry or some such?

#850 4 months ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Wasn't there a rumored "easter egg" that prevented the Pistons from getting three rings? Some kind of Chicago/Detroit rivalry or some such?

You could be right. Need to hit up George Gomez for the info.

I just don't get why it would hold other high scores, and hold new high scores AFTER I tried with the Pistons. Super, super odd.

Maybe you're right - they wanted to mess with Pistons fans. Sometimes their scores hold, sometimes they don't. Haha!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Raymond, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 27.50
There are 903 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!