IMG_2344 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2353 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2370 (resized).jpeg
D36DEBA5-5A2C-4D23-BEC9-B51EBA58707F (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220408_115050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220616_141323 (resized).jpg
7C5EEBB3-5196-43D7-A6B1-6EF1E3DD4DB5 (resized).jpeg
E087E543-2E5C-45AB-A873-5FAD197BDC55 (resized).jpeg

There are 965 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 1 year ago

I have a chance to buy a NBA fastbreak but it’s missing the left ramp diverter. Are those completely unattainable?

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

I have a chance to buy a NBA fastbreak but it’s missing the left ramp diverter. Are those completely unattainable?

Very tough to find. I would suggest trying to contact everyone you find on eBay that is associated with this game to see if they have the part. I was able to get mine from some guy in Poland. I would not buy the game if you can’t find one

#753 1 year ago

I am in the process of restoring an NBA Fastbreak and replacing the original playfield with a NOS clear coated playfield. The original playfield has zero ball dimples. Was the NBA Fastbreak playfield processed differently, a different playfield coat than other machines? It really is solid in that respect. I know I can google it but anyone with fresh knowledge of it?

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:I am in the process of restoring an NBA Fastbreak and replacing the original playfield with a NOS clear coated playfield. The original playfield has

This ma be one of the strongest gest playfields I ever seen. The one I have now I’m my 3rd NBA. By far all the playfields were perfect at least in my games. I did a deep cleaning as Nd polish the crap of it.

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I am in the process of restoring an NBA Fastbreak and replacing the original playfield with a NOS clear coated playfield. The original playfield has zero ball dimples. Was the NBA Fastbreak playfield processed differently, a different playfield coat than other machines? It really is solid in that respect. I know I can google it but anyone with fresh knowledge of it?

Where did you get the NOS?

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Joka:

Where did you get the NOS?

Kruzman about 3 years ago. CC'd by Bill Davis he said.

#757 1 year ago

I'm trying to track down some replacement lamp sockets. I've tried ordering new replacements from several sources, and none fit. The contacts aren't wide enough and don't reach the pads on the PCB. I'll include an image of the bad new ones and the good originals. Anybody here have some extras they don't need? DM me know how much! Thanks in advance.

PXL_20210507_121856113_2 (resized).jpg

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

I'm trying to track down some replacement lamp sockets. I've tried ordering new replacements from several sources, and none fit. The contacts aren't wide enough and don't reach the pads on the PCB. I'll include an image of the bad new ones and the good originals. Anybody here have some extras they don't need? DM me know how much! Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

How many do you need? I can check my used parts stash... I probably have 15-20, but I would have to look, it has been a long time....

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

How many do you need? I can check my used parts stash... I probably have 15-20, but I would have to look, it has been a long time....

I don't need any more than that. Would gladly take whatever ya got. Lemme know!

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

I don't need any more than that. Would gladly take whatever ya got. Lemme know!

I will check tonight and let you know. I am pretty sure they were from a spare Lethal Weapon 3.... but they should work.

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I will check tonight and let you know. I am pretty sure they were from a spare Lethal Weapon 3.... but they should work.

Sweet, keep me posted. Happy to swing out and pick up if it's easier!

1 month later
#762 1 year ago

Hey Fastbreak owners. Is there a way to turn off that mini game in the backbox. I am thinking about getting another FB but I always disliked that backbox shooting during games. Anything in the code to disable?

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Hey Fastbreak owners. Is there a way to turn off that mini game in the backbox. I am thinking about getting another FB but I always disliked that backbox shooting during games. Anything in the code to disable?

The only software adjustment you can make is to disable it during Attract mode. You could unplug the flipper in the backbox if you want to make it unusable, but the mode will still start.

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

The only software adjustment you can make is to disable it during Attract mode. You could unplug the flipper in the backbox if you want to make it unusable, but the mode will still start.

Too bad, I always found that backbox mini game annoying.

3 weeks later
#765 1 year ago

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....
https://virtuapin.net/
Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.
[quoted image]

Added 97 days ago: Paul did not make the decals.

Paul and VirtuaPin are great. I have purchased some parts from him for my vpin cab. Good stuff.

#766 1 year ago

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....
https://virtuapin.net/
Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.
[quoted image]

Added 97 days ago: Paul did not make the decals.

Good deal! I was talking to Paul about this awhile back for my NBAFB too, didn't pull the trigger, still might. Two questions for you:

1) How did it go with putting everything back in?
2) What did you do with the old NBAFB cabinet? Paul was hesitant to do a licensed cabinet unless I 'destroyed' or shipped him my current one. (even if he didn't make the decals)

Thanks, Keith

#767 1 year ago

So happy to say that I just joined the club. Not only the NBAFB club but the pinball machine club in general. I have always loved pinball and play quite often at the local brewery. My project before getting a real machine was building a virtual cab. Everyone warned me that as soon as I finished that project that I would end up with a real machine and they were right.

Anyway I'm having one issue with my machine that I haven't found an answer for in this thread. My million dollar shot doesn't work. At startup I have two errors saying to check the right outlane switch and the right loop return switch. When I test these switches individually they report as working. When the third ball drains in the right outlane million dollar shot doesn't activate. The game just ends. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#768 1 year ago

Sounds like a flaky switch. Could be a few things:

1. Switch itself is just unreliable and needs to be replaced
2. Diode on the switch is unreliable and needs to be replaced
3. Some wiring connecting to the switch is flaky and you need to reflow solder there
4. The wiring or a connector is flaky, a visual inspection usually can rule this out, sometimes the IDC connections need to be pushed back in.

Take the glass off and manually test the switch with your finger, see it working in the switch matrix, then start a new game and push the switch. It should make the sound effect for a drained ball.

If you can get the switch to trigger the ball drain sound effect, then drain another and try to see if Million Dollar shot will trigger on ball three.

I've had switches that can be made to work manually, but after sitting a while the switch itself stops clicking. My suspicion is it might be a similar issue and the solution is to replace the switch.

#769 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Sounds like a flaky switch. Could be a few things:
1. Switch itself is just unreliable and needs to be replaced
2. Diode on the switch is unreliable and needs to be replaced
3. Some wiring connecting to the switch is flaky and you need to reflow solder there
4. The wiring or a connector is flaky, a visual inspection usually can rule this out, sometimes the IDC connections need to be pushed back in.
Take the glass off and manually test the switch with your finger, see it working in the switch matrix, then start a new game and push the switch. It should make the sound effect for a drained ball.
If you can get the switch to trigger the ball drain sound effect, then drain another and try to see if Million Dollar shot will trigger on ball three.
I've had switches that can be made to work manually, but after sitting a while the switch itself stops clicking. My suspicion is it might be a similar issue and the solution is to replace the switch.

So I checked the above. It seems to be something with the wire that sticks up through the playfield (not sure what the real name of that piece is). With my finger I can always get it register in the matrix and play the drain ball sound or kick off Million Dollar Shot. If I roll the ball down the outlane it doesn't seem to register. Seems like I could bend that wire to make it more sensitive but that's probably not right solution.

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Good deal! I was talking to Paul about this awhile back for my NBAFB too, didn't pull the trigger, still might. Two questions for you:
1) How did it go with putting everything back in?
2) What did you do with the old NBAFB cabinet? Paul was hesitant to do a licensed cabinet unless I 'destroyed' or shipped him my current one. (even if he didn't make the decals)
Thanks, Keith

Not finished with the playfield swap yet.

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Seems like I could bend that wire to make it more sensitive but that's probably not right solution.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

That would be called "adjusting the switch". Follow your intuition here because it is on the right track!

If you over adjust it the balls might have trouble rolling over it and a slow one could get stuck. So be gradual with your tweaking and you can always go the opposite direction if you over do it.

An amazing amount of pinball repair work boils down to making very subtle adjustments to pieces of metal. Often 1mm or less can be the difference between something working just right, or not working at all.

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
That would be called "adjusting the switch". Follow your intuition here because it is on the right track!
If you over adjust it the balls might have trouble rolling over it and a slow one could get stuck. So be gradual with your tweaking and you can always go the opposite direction if you over do it.
An amazing amount of pinball repair work boils down to making very subtle adjustments to pieces of metal. Often 1mm or less can be the difference between something working just right, or not working at all.

LOL. Awesome. I'll follow my intuition.

Thank you!

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Hey FB'ers! Question...I am trying to replace (well, add for the first time, I suppose...mine has been missing since I got it) the little guide bracket that holds the blue bumper bit by Crazy Bob's. I ordered a new bracket from Marco, but hell if I can figure out how to align it and make it work. Nothing looked right. Here's a couple pictures of what I've tried. Anyone have a decent image of that piece that might shed some light on it for me? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

My machine is missing the blue rubber and bracket as well. Does anyone have the links for the metal bracket? I can't find it on Marcos or on pinball spare parts. The blue rubber is currently unavailable at Marcos but I'm on the notify list. In the meantime I stuck some 1/4" self adhesive foam to the inside of the ball guide.

Thanks!

#774 1 year ago

Not sure about the bracket but Titan Pinball has the squares.

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

My machine is missing the blue rubber and bracket as well. Does anyone have the links for the metal bracket? I can't find it on Marcos or on pinball spare parts. The blue rubber is currently unavailable at Marcos but I'm on the notify list. In the meantime I stuck some 1/4" self adhesive foam to the inside of the ball guide.
Thanks!

This is the guide bracket I bought. Fits good, with one tweak: you will have to file/grind a little bit off the bottom, it's just a teeny bit too tall to fit in there.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253

#776 1 year ago

Has anyone replaced the defender plastic?

I got a repro off eBay. When I put it on the holes don’t quite line up. And getting to the screw holes is nearly impossible. Might just have to take off the ramps but figured I’d check with the pros first.

#777 1 year ago

Replaced it once and it was during a bigger project so the ramps and everything were off. Should probably at least get the hook shot ramp out of the way for easier access.

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Has anyone replaced the defender plastic?
I got a repro off eBay. When I put it on the holes don’t quite line up. And getting to the screw holes is nearly impossible. Might just have to take off the ramps but figured I’d check with the pros first.

I replaced mine. Got it from the guy in Russia. Good dude. I think I cut the bottom off because the holes did not line up. I was able to access the screw by moving the mech between the 3rd and 4th saucers

1 week later
#779 1 year ago

Hello,
I just get my NBA Fast Break Pinball and i love it !
Sometimes, ball gets stuck behind scoreboard on hook ramp. Is it a known problem ?
This has happened a lot of times and I have to take the glass off to clear it.
Fortunately, you can drop the ball into one of the In the Paint saucers and it doesn't launch until you close the coin door.
Thanks

Added 14 months ago:

delete

#780 1 year ago

Made some flipper cabinet protectors for my machine. Fully laminated and removable. $15/pair if anybody wants some.

IMG_20210810_115017 (resized).jpgIMG_20210810_115240 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#781 1 year ago

Question about multiball modes and the number of balls. Currently on my machine all multiball modes are three balls. When I play the Fastbreak at the brewery Shoot Around multiball is two balls.

How many balls should each of the four multiball modes have?

My machine is currently throwing a Switch 34, Trough Ball 3 error. I wondering if that is screwing up the ball count.

Thanks!

-J

IMG_1298 (resized).jpeg
#782 1 year ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

My machine is currently throwing a Switch 34, Trough Ball 3 error. I wondering if that is screwing up the ball count.

It does.around the world multiball is 3 balls. Shoot multiball is also 3. Hoops multiball 3 also.as far I know. Unlimited balls when you play for the championship

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

After checking the manual it reads that Shoot Around multiball is a two ball mode. The switch 34 error was causing the "problem" Now that I have fixed that error my Shoot Around is now two balls. There goes all of my high scores. They are all invalid as they were all made with three ball Shoot Around.

-J

#784 1 year ago

Hi fellow owners, just joined the club. Quick question for you. This one is in really nice shape, and no credit dot. However, it does not let you pass the ball from hole to hole. It immediately shoots every time, so getting hole 4 completed is quite difficult. The software is 1.1, could that be the issue? I searched for this, but couldn't find anything on it. Any insight would be appreciated.

20210828_194322_004 (resized).jpg20210828_194711 (resized).jpg
#785 1 year ago
Quoted from F3TT:

Hi fellow owners, just joined the club. Quick question for you. This one is in really nice shape, and no credit dot. However, it does not let you pass the ball from hole to hole. It immediately shoots every time, so getting hole 4 completed is quite difficult. The software is 1.1, could that be the issue? I searched for this, but couldn't find anything on it. Any insight would be appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

You will only be able to pass in certain modes. If you are concerned that it is not working, you can always go to the menu test option and trigger the passing manually. That will tell you if everything is working correctly.

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Welcome to the club!
You will only be able to pass in certain modes. If you are concerned that it is not working, you can always go to the menu test option and trigger the passing manually. That will tell you if everything is working correctly.

thank you, and thank you for the response. that's what I thought, but I'm not really familiar with the rules in detail. I just know i haven't been able to activate the passing, and that includes a game with 85. We have one at a barcade here, and it seems to be much easier to activate. do you know any of the modes specifically so i can test with the glass off?

I ran the solenoid test and pass plungers all work, it's just never happening in the game.

i checked the adjustments, and everything is factory recommended setting.

#787 1 year ago

Welcome to the club!

and i did research that it should work when triggering "in the paint." i did this with the glass off and shot either orbit multiple times when lit. the ball is immediately shot once it drops in the saucer for 2 pts, and the saucer that is shot from is spotted. the shot button also lights up, and it shoots a 1 pt foul shot, and the backglass flipper reacts to that. i ran up like 150 pts with the glass off, and kept shooting "in the paint" shots and it never would let me pass.

#788 1 year ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

Updated both roms and that seemed to help. Also switches 38 & 48 were causing the "in the paint" passing and shot issues. Fixed those and the machine is working perfectly.
Thanks!

thank you! these switches were exactly what was wrong with mine. going to update roms too.

#789 1 year ago
Quoted from F3TT:

thank you! these switches were exactly what was wrong with mine. going to update roms too.

I was just going to respond you should check those switches and you beat me to it.

Glad you found the issue. Now you just need to find another NBA FB and link them!

3 weeks later
#790 1 year ago

quick question does this game use two different flipper coils left fl11753 right fl 11630 i noticed this in the manual

#791 1 year ago

Added speaker panel stickers today. It looks better than I thought. I also bought some magnetic aprons that do not fit at all.

So I would say yes to the speaker panel sticker but don't waste your money on the magnetic apron.

242771183_387831749595247_1413729798199787367_n (resized).jpg
#792 1 year ago

Added speaker panel stickers today. It looks better than I thought. I also bought some magnetic aprons that do not fit at all.
So I would say yes to the speaker panel sticker but don't waste your money on the magnetic apron.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the speaker panel sticker from?

#793 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Any chance you could have your header scanned please, even in sections? I have been trying to locate one for my games without any luck.

#794 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

Where did you get the speaker panel sticker from?

I second that. Where do you buy those?

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I second that. Where do you buy those?

https://wizardmod.com/collections/nba-fastbreak-pinball-mods/products/nba-fastbreak-pinball-wizpanels

Update on the magnetic apron, they said they had the wrong template. So they will try to design a new one and ship to me. No idea how long it will take for them to design a new one.

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Any chance you could have your header scanned please, even in sections? I have been trying to locate one for my games without any luck.

Sorry I don't have a scan.

I bought the print from someone here on Pinside, but I can't remember who it was.

#797 1 year ago

[quoted image]

How do you remove the Bally logo on the existing panel or did you just place the sticker over the top?

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How do you remove the Bally logo on the existing panel or did you just place the sticker over the top?

I didn't remove the logo. It lays over the logo just fine.

#799 1 year ago

https://wizardmod.com/collections/nba-fastbreak-pinball-mods/products/nba-fastbreak-pinball-wizpanels
Update on the magnetic apron, they said they had the wrong template. So they will try to design a new one and ship to me. No idea how long it will take for them to design a new one.

I can't speak for this part, but I have some experience with WizardMods service. They have been top notch so far. I have purchased for 6 Stern games now and one of the orders came with black magnet stuff melted in shards within the packaging. Impacting some of the graphics. They replaced the entire $400 order immediately no argument. Arrived as usual in about 10 days, since this is overseas. Now I have two sets. I'm about to pick up an NBA FB set myself, so hopefully they get the template right. If you don't mind, keep us posted! Thx

1 week later
#800 11 months ago

Nothing important to say. Just had serious fun on my Fastbreak! Love this game.

IMG_1556 (1) (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 27.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
There are 965 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!