144884784_453570822468563_3484684736726828954_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20210202_115008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210202_114633 (resized).jpg
CHAMP (resized).jpg
141567812_10223202975997232_1451060446808535674_o (resized).jpg
CBD6FC74-F556-436F-A61C-B2A2310DF34D (resized).jpeg
CEBE1898-8BBF-40BD-AB6A-049DF6A9C255 (resized).jpeg
20201229_092808 (resized).jpg

There are 778 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
#751 78 days ago

I have a chance to buy a NBA fastbreak but it’s missing the left ramp diverter. Are those completely unattainable?

#752 78 days ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

I have a chance to buy a NBA fastbreak but it’s missing the left ramp diverter. Are those completely unattainable?

Very tough to find. I would suggest trying to contact everyone you find on eBay that is associated with this game to see if they have the part. I was able to get mine from some guy in Poland. I would not buy the game if you can’t find one

#753 78 days ago

I am in the process of restoring an NBA Fastbreak and replacing the original playfield with a NOS clear coated playfield. The original playfield has zero ball dimples. Was the NBA Fastbreak playfield processed differently, a different playfield coat than other machines? It really is solid in that respect. I know I can google it but anyone with fresh knowledge of it?

#754 78 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:I am in the process of restoring an NBA Fastbreak and replacing the original playfield with a NOS clear coated playfield. The original playfield has

This ma be one of the strongest gest playfields I ever seen. The one I have now I’m my 3rd NBA. By far all the playfields were perfect at least in my games. I did a deep cleaning as Nd polish the crap of it.

#755 77 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I am in the process of restoring an NBA Fastbreak and replacing the original playfield with a NOS clear coated playfield. The original playfield has zero ball dimples. Was the NBA Fastbreak playfield processed differently, a different playfield coat than other machines? It really is solid in that respect. I know I can google it but anyone with fresh knowledge of it?

Where did you get the NOS?

#756 77 days ago
Quoted from Joka:

Where did you get the NOS?

Kruzman about 3 years ago. CC'd by Bill Davis he said.

#757 76 days ago

I'm trying to track down some replacement lamp sockets. I've tried ordering new replacements from several sources, and none fit. The contacts aren't wide enough and don't reach the pads on the PCB. I'll include an image of the bad new ones and the good originals. Anybody here have some extras they don't need? DM me know how much! Thanks in advance.

PXL_20210507_121856113_2 (resized).jpg

#758 76 days ago
Quoted from rockwell:

I'm trying to track down some replacement lamp sockets. I've tried ordering new replacements from several sources, and none fit. The contacts aren't wide enough and don't reach the pads on the PCB. I'll include an image of the bad new ones and the good originals. Anybody here have some extras they don't need? DM me know how much! Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

How many do you need? I can check my used parts stash... I probably have 15-20, but I would have to look, it has been a long time....

#759 76 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

How many do you need? I can check my used parts stash... I probably have 15-20, but I would have to look, it has been a long time....

I don't need any more than that. Would gladly take whatever ya got. Lemme know!

#760 76 days ago
Quoted from rockwell:

I don't need any more than that. Would gladly take whatever ya got. Lemme know!

I will check tonight and let you know. I am pretty sure they were from a spare Lethal Weapon 3.... but they should work.

#761 76 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I will check tonight and let you know. I am pretty sure they were from a spare Lethal Weapon 3.... but they should work.

Sweet, keep me posted. Happy to swing out and pick up if it's easier!

1 month later
#762 39 days ago

Hey Fastbreak owners. Is there a way to turn off that mini game in the backbox. I am thinking about getting another FB but I always disliked that backbox shooting during games. Anything in the code to disable?

#763 39 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Hey Fastbreak owners. Is there a way to turn off that mini game in the backbox. I am thinking about getting another FB but I always disliked that backbox shooting during games. Anything in the code to disable?

The only software adjustment you can make is to disable it during Attract mode. You could unplug the flipper in the backbox if you want to make it unusable, but the mode will still start.

#764 38 days ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

The only software adjustment you can make is to disable it during Attract mode. You could unplug the flipper in the backbox if you want to make it unusable, but the mode will still start.

Too bad, I always found that backbox mini game annoying.

3 weeks later
#765 16 days ago

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....
https://virtuapin.net/
Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.
[quoted image]

Added 97 days ago: Paul did not make the decals.

Paul and VirtuaPin are great. I have purchased some parts from him for my vpin cab. Good stuff.

#766 16 days ago

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....
https://virtuapin.net/
Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.
[quoted image]

Added 97 days ago: Paul did not make the decals.

Good deal! I was talking to Paul about this awhile back for my NBAFB too, didn't pull the trigger, still might. Two questions for you:

1) How did it go with putting everything back in?
2) What did you do with the old NBAFB cabinet? Paul was hesitant to do a licensed cabinet unless I 'destroyed' or shipped him my current one. (even if he didn't make the decals)

Thanks, Keith

#767 11 days ago

So happy to say that I just joined the club. Not only the NBAFB club but the pinball machine club in general. I have always loved pinball and play quite often at the local brewery. My project before getting a real machine was building a virtual cab. Everyone warned me that as soon as I finished that project that I would end up with a real machine and they were right.

Anyway I'm having one issue with my machine that I haven't found an answer for in this thread. My million dollar shot doesn't work. At startup I have two errors saying to check the right outlane switch and the right loop return switch. When I test these switches individually they report as working. When the third ball drains in the right outlane million dollar shot doesn't activate. The game just ends. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#768 11 days ago

Sounds like a flaky switch. Could be a few things:

1. Switch itself is just unreliable and needs to be replaced
2. Diode on the switch is unreliable and needs to be replaced
3. Some wiring connecting to the switch is flaky and you need to reflow solder there
4. The wiring or a connector is flaky, a visual inspection usually can rule this out, sometimes the IDC connections need to be pushed back in.

Take the glass off and manually test the switch with your finger, see it working in the switch matrix, then start a new game and push the switch. It should make the sound effect for a drained ball.

If you can get the switch to trigger the ball drain sound effect, then drain another and try to see if Million Dollar shot will trigger on ball three.

I've had switches that can be made to work manually, but after sitting a while the switch itself stops clicking. My suspicion is it might be a similar issue and the solution is to replace the switch.

#769 11 days ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Sounds like a flaky switch. Could be a few things:
1. Switch itself is just unreliable and needs to be replaced
2. Diode on the switch is unreliable and needs to be replaced
3. Some wiring connecting to the switch is flaky and you need to reflow solder there
4. The wiring or a connector is flaky, a visual inspection usually can rule this out, sometimes the IDC connections need to be pushed back in.
Take the glass off and manually test the switch with your finger, see it working in the switch matrix, then start a new game and push the switch. It should make the sound effect for a drained ball.
If you can get the switch to trigger the ball drain sound effect, then drain another and try to see if Million Dollar shot will trigger on ball three.
I've had switches that can be made to work manually, but after sitting a while the switch itself stops clicking. My suspicion is it might be a similar issue and the solution is to replace the switch.

So I checked the above. It seems to be something with the wire that sticks up through the playfield (not sure what the real name of that piece is). With my finger I can always get it register in the matrix and play the drain ball sound or kick off Million Dollar Shot. If I roll the ball down the outlane it doesn't seem to register. Seems like I could bend that wire to make it more sensitive but that's probably not right solution.

#770 11 days ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Good deal! I was talking to Paul about this awhile back for my NBAFB too, didn't pull the trigger, still might. Two questions for you:
1) How did it go with putting everything back in?
2) What did you do with the old NBAFB cabinet? Paul was hesitant to do a licensed cabinet unless I 'destroyed' or shipped him my current one. (even if he didn't make the decals)
Thanks, Keith

Not finished with the playfield swap yet.

#771 11 days ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Seems like I could bend that wire to make it more sensitive but that's probably not right solution.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

That would be called "adjusting the switch". Follow your intuition here because it is on the right track!

If you over adjust it the balls might have trouble rolling over it and a slow one could get stuck. So be gradual with your tweaking and you can always go the opposite direction if you over do it.

An amazing amount of pinball repair work boils down to making very subtle adjustments to pieces of metal. Often 1mm or less can be the difference between something working just right, or not working at all.

#772 11 days ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
That would be called "adjusting the switch". Follow your intuition here because it is on the right track!
If you over adjust it the balls might have trouble rolling over it and a slow one could get stuck. So be gradual with your tweaking and you can always go the opposite direction if you over do it.
An amazing amount of pinball repair work boils down to making very subtle adjustments to pieces of metal. Often 1mm or less can be the difference between something working just right, or not working at all.

LOL. Awesome. I'll follow my intuition.

Thank you!

#773 11 days ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Hey FB'ers! Question...I am trying to replace (well, add for the first time, I suppose...mine has been missing since I got it) the little guide bracket that holds the blue bumper bit by Crazy Bob's. I ordered a new bracket from Marco, but hell if I can figure out how to align it and make it work. Nothing looked right. Here's a couple pictures of what I've tried. Anyone have a decent image of that piece that might shed some light on it for me? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

My machine is missing the blue rubber and bracket as well. Does anyone have the links for the metal bracket? I can't find it on Marcos or on pinball spare parts. The blue rubber is currently unavailable at Marcos but I'm on the notify list. In the meantime I stuck some 1/4" self adhesive foam to the inside of the ball guide.

Thanks!

#774 11 days ago

Not sure about the bracket but Titan Pinball has the squares.

#775 11 days ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

My machine is missing the blue rubber and bracket as well. Does anyone have the links for the metal bracket? I can't find it on Marcos or on pinball spare parts. The blue rubber is currently unavailable at Marcos but I'm on the notify list. In the meantime I stuck some 1/4" self adhesive foam to the inside of the ball guide.
Thanks!

This is the guide bracket I bought. Fits good, with one tweak: you will have to file/grind a little bit off the bottom, it's just a teeny bit too tall to fit in there.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253

#776 7 days ago

Has anyone replaced the defender plastic?

I got a repro off eBay. When I put it on the holes don’t quite line up. And getting to the screw holes is nearly impossible. Might just have to take off the ramps but figured I’d check with the pros first.

#777 7 days ago

Replaced it once and it was during a bigger project so the ramps and everything were off. Should probably at least get the hook shot ramp out of the way for easier access.

#778 7 days ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Has anyone replaced the defender plastic?
I got a repro off eBay. When I put it on the holes don’t quite line up. And getting to the screw holes is nearly impossible. Might just have to take off the ramps but figured I’d check with the pros first.

I replaced mine. Got it from the guy in Russia. Good dude. I think I cut the bottom off because the holes did not line up. I was able to access the screw by moving the mech between the 3rd and 4th saucers

There are 778 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside