PXL_20210421_201901421 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210507_130310041 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210507_130439716 (resized).jpg
Final product in the basement (resized).jpg
20210327_215159 (resized).jpg
144494841_1097530990764933_6422081132816463901_n (resized).jpg
144884784_453570822468563_3484684736726828954_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20210202_115008 (resized).jpg

There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
#701 9 months ago

Probably should have figured a picture might help.

IMG_20201225_100313816 (resized).jpg
#702 9 months ago

I hadn't played an NBA Fastbreak in quite some time, but thought there were a few things different on the one I picked up recently. Then I noticed this... New ROMs ordered.

20201229_092808 (resized).jpg
#703 8 months ago

I also have bought a 4” basketball stencil from eBay and painted basketballs on my speaker grill. I’m quite happy with the result. Thanks BioBa for the inspiration

CBD6FC74-F556-436F-A61C-B2A2310DF34D (resized).jpegCEBE1898-8BBF-40BD-AB6A-049DF6A9C255 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#704 8 months ago

Hey Fastbreakers! I know I'm asking a biased crew here, but I am considering joining the club. Problem is: I've never played the pin.

Here's my current lineup it would fall alongside:

Deadpool
Ghostbusters
Medieval Madness

My biggest concern is that the fan layout will be too redundant with MM, but the ruleset and callouts kinda make me feel like the two are different enough. Would love some feedback on how this holds up in a smaller home environment and if it's a decent resale candidate in case it doesn't click. Thanks in advance for the intel!

#705 8 months ago

oh, it's a way different game from MM; really, it's pretty different from anything else i've ever played. even though i'm not a fan of the theme, i think they really nailed the feeling if not the actual mechanics of basketball in a great way. i've always liked having some pins of varying themes; like yours mine tend to be pretty sf-f/horror/media-focused, so any time i can add a pin i really like with a totally different theme, i'm in. NBAFB and WCS'94 were both titles my wife pushed for and i'm glad she did as i've been satisfied with both.

as always, i really prefer to put some time on a game before spending money, even if it's only a half-dozen plays, but of course more is better. i know it's tough to find available tables at the moment so that may not be an option. is the resale outlook good? well, it's a budget WPC that's been recognized in the last few years and the prices have been climbing, much like WCS'94, The Shadow, and Congo. so far demand for WPCs has held up well in the current market which most have been guessing will remain strong as long as location play is banned in many places. is it an easy sell? probably not as easy as many other WPC titles to move quickly but there certainly is a growing fanbase out there.

oh, and i just pulled mine out from storage to finish up a lot of the little things i didn't get to when i bought it a few years ago as a re-import. i've been playing a bunch of test games and they're reminding me why i quite enjoy it. i snapped this pic while trying to get some detail shots of the playfield and was pretty happy with how it turned out.

141567812_10223202975997232_1451060446808535674_o (resized).jpg
#706 8 months ago

Ok guys, I am hosting a pinball meet in the near future and I have the luck to be able to borrow a mates NBA Fastbreak.
So what do I need to know to link 2 games together?
Do they need to both be on the same ROM's is there anything else I need to change?

Thanks in advance

#707 8 months ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Ok guys, I am hosting a pinball meet in the near future and I have the luck to be able to borrow a mates NBA Fastbreak.
So what do I need to know to link 2 games together?
Do they need to both be on the same ROM's is there anything else I need to change?
Thanks in advance

The following link may help. I believe the lastest ROMs are required and check if both machines have the IC chips and then just the link cable.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-it-worth-nos-nba-link-kit-marquee-across-2-games-roms-cable-etc

#708 7 months ago

seemed like I was never going to break 100pts or get a ring, for months that seemed to be my cieling.

Started at the bottom, now Im here.

ONE Slam Dunk combo away from a second ring too

CHAMP (resized).jpg
#709 7 months ago

Finally had a chance to make those basketball stencils in the correct size. $12.50 including postage world wide.
PM me.

IMG_20210202_114633 (resized).jpgIMG_20210202_115008 (resized).jpg
#710 7 months ago
Quoted from CastleRockIM:

The following link may help. I believe the lastest ROMs are required and check if both machines have the IC chips and then just the link cable.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-it-worth-nos-nba-link-kit-marquee-across-2-games-roms-cable-etc

Thx for the link and I have those instructions.
Now the problem part is my machine does not have the linking IC chips and that post was from 6 years ago.
So putting on my newbie hat to electronics. What chips do I need to purchase? Does anyone have current upto date links?
I have no idea where to even start looking really and for that matter what suitable alternative chips will work.
Thx in advance

#711 7 months ago

Anyone have experience with replacing the hoop whirl pool ramp plastic? Mine is cracked and I was hoping to replace it, but was wondering how much you have to remove to get to that particular ramp. It’s right below the actual backboard, but looks like it hooks around to the left. Expensive part it would appear.

#712 7 months ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Thx for the link and I have those instructions.
Now the problem part is my machine does not have the linking IC chips and that post was from 6 years ago.
So putting on my newbie hat to electronics. What chips do I need to purchase? Does anyone have current upto date links?
I have no idea where to even start looking really and for that matter what suitable alternative chips will work.
Thx in advance

G'day Crafty!

I just went through the same journey you are on last year trying to link 2 NBAFBs. Everyone on this forum was really helpful to me.

Here are the two chips you need. I don't remember exactly if they are spec to what is in the manual as I believe one of the chips is no longer in production. But I can tell you 100% that these chips work to link them.

Good luck!

144494841_1097530990764933_6422081132816463901_n (resized).jpg144884784_453570822468563_3484684736726828954_n (resized).jpg
#713 7 months ago

UPDATE:

Here is the link for one of them. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/maxim-integrated/max239cng+/?qs=1THa7WoU59EsWoJbg5MpMA%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

For the ST16c450, the guy I bought it from on ebay no longer stocks them. Sorry.

1 week later
#714 7 months ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone have experience with replacing the hoop whirl pool ramp plastic? Mine is cracked and I was hoping to replace it, but was wondering how much you have to remove to get to that particular ramp. It’s right below the actual backboard, but looks like it hooks around to the left. Expensive part it would appear.

You have to take off shooter 1 and 2, the clock, and IIRC pretty much every plastic from the slingshot up that left side, then the diverter and ramp back to the slingshot. Then youll have to unplug some stuff under the playfield to pull the ramp out.

I only replaced the plunger on my diverter and the rubbers under the ramp, but it wasnt as difficult as it was time consuming as I was extra careful to take lots of pictures and reference them as it went back together.

Then I forgot the one way gate under said ramp and had to do it all over again

#715 7 months ago

Hi guys! Can you give me some advice? I've played NBA maybe 3 times in my life so it's hard to say if I like it for a long time. Overall I like sports topics.
I'm wondering if it's worth buying it. My doubs are related to the fact that in the various ranks the pinball is in quite low position, I mean on Pinside 117 position, on IPDB 122 position. The most strange is that it is so low despite of the fact that basketball is so much popular in US. The WCS94 (World Cup Soccer 94) is much higher in ranks but soccer is probably not very known in United States.
What do you think? Will have I and my friends fun playing NBA? In the past American basketball was extremally popular in my country (when M. Jordan was playing).

#716 7 months ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys! Can you give me some advice? I've played NBA maybe 3 times in my life so it's hard to say if I like it for a long time. Overall I like sports topics.
I'm wondering if it's worth buying it. My doubs are related to the fact that in the various ranks the pinball is in quite low position, I mean on Pinside 117 position, on IPDB 122 position. The most strange is that it is so low despite of the fact that basketball is so much popular in US. The WCS94 (World Cup Soccer 94) is much higher in ranks but soccer is probably not very known in United States.
What do you think? Will have I and my friends fun playing NBA? In the past American basketball was extremally popular in my country (when M. Jordan was playing).

My opinion it’s good in a 4+ pin collection. If you have kids or someone to play against it will probably have better longevity. My advice is not to set the game up too easy. It should be difficult to get a ring. I made the mistake of setting the game too easy with multiple extra balls awarded and found myself getting to trophy multi ball way too often. The game became boring after that. Although I only have room for a couple pins. If I had room for 5 pins I definitely would have kept it.

#717 7 months ago

I had WCS94 before getting NBAFB and I like both in that you try to reach the final game/match and for my friends and family that don’t know much about pinball rules they have a target to shoot for. They know to try to make a basket like in World Cup try to make a goal. I’ve been playing NBA more that I did World Cup because of trying to get the high score on each team adds more than just completing it. Ignore the rankings if you can. Watch videos of the game and tournaments to get a feel for it if you’d like it. If you like basketball it’s a fun game.

2 weeks later
#718 6 months ago

I need the NBA hoops ramp metal bracket protecting the outhole. I need to borrow it but would prefer to buy it if possible.

#719 6 months ago

Is it just me or is the translite panel really difficult to remove on this game. Mine doesn't want to be removed at all, unlocking the backbox gives me less than an inch of space to move it up to remove

#720 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is it just me or is the translite panel really difficult to remove on this game. Mine doesn't want to be removed at all, unlocking the backbox gives me less than an inch of space to move it up to remove

Mine is really tight too. I have to make sure the side guides for the translite panel is pushed all the way up and not necessarily "centered" on the panel.

#721 6 months ago

Recently joined the club with my 2nd Fastbreak, hoping to set them up side-by-side sometime soon and link them.

Does anyone have the art files for the 3 piece topper? Or the link banner? Hoping someone can help.

#722 6 months ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I had WCS94 before getting NBAFB and I like both in that you try to reach the final game/match and for my friends and family that don’t know much about pinball rules they have a target to shoot for. They know to try to make a basket like in World Cup try to make a goal. I’ve been playing NBA more that I did World Cup because of trying to get the high score on each team adds more than just completing it. Ignore the rankings if you can. Watch videos of the game and tournaments to get a feel for it if you’d like it. If you like basketball it’s a fun game.

Hi. NBA is a deeper game has more games than World Cup and is also a faster game World Cup is a nice game ( I also have booth ). But ruleshit is smaller.

#723 6 months ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. NBA is a deeper game has more games than World Cup and is also a faster game World Cup is a nice game ( I also have booth ). But ruleshit is smaller.

I quite like the rules, don’t think they are shit at all

#724 6 months ago

Gonna get this in a few weeks. Was wondering if anyone sells team specific mods? Would love to give it some Sixers bling...

#725 6 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

One thing to check.... Make sure you have the right trim for your backbox panel. This game and a couple of others used a different trim for the completely enclosed tub design of the backbox panel. I have had to replace every fastbreak I have had because of the wrong trim.

That all being said, I have two fastbreaks, and am scaling down to one. If anyone wants to get into the club and has something to trade, let me know!

Archived after 7 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
NBA Fastbreak Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “Completely tore this machine down in 2019, and it has collected dust in my basement since the restore. The basics- Full teardown, new cabinet decals, new legs/levelers, brand new ...”
2021-03-12
Sullivan, WI

#726 6 months ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Gonna get this in a few weeks. Was wondering if anyone sells team specific mods? Would love to give it some Sixers bling...

Blades ebay.com link: itm

#727 6 months ago

I just saw that Ron Kruzman listed this NOS NBA Fastbreak playfield and figured someone here may need one since I've never seen up for sale before. Anyway its there if anyone is looking for one.

https://pinballplayfieldskruzman.com/2021/03/18/nba-fastbreak-bally-nos-1200/

1 week later
#728 6 months ago

Anyone have opinions on mirrors vs art blades for NBAFB? If art, which are your favorites? Leaning towards mirrors ATM.

#729 6 months ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Anyone have opinions on mirrors vs art blades for NBAFB? If art, which are your favorites? Leaning towards mirrors ATM.

I had mirrors on mine. Looked amazing. You can never go wrong with mirrors

#730 6 months ago

I have mirrors on mine and I’m quite happy. Have art blades on quite a few of my games too

#731 6 months ago

I love mirror blades, but my for NBAFB I went with art blades. To me, it gives it more of a stadium venue feel seeing the fans in their seats.

20210327_215159 (resized).jpg
#732 6 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I love mirror blades, but my for NBAFB I went with art blades. To me, it gives it more of a stadium venue feel seeing the fans in their seats.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the art blades?

#733 6 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

[quoted image]

Very nice, - i did the same for my NBAFB.

#735 6 months ago

Some of you were asking about my backboard mod and when it was going to be back in stock after being sold out for a while, finally got a couple more made for those of you who are interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1226-game-room-info-shop/04277-nba-fastbreak-backboard-mod

Needed the shop to warm up a little which didn't happen till recently, doing a 3 color print when it's really cold just doesn't work very well.

#736 5 months ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Some of you were asking about my backboard mod and when it was going to be back in stock after being sold out for a while, finally got a couple more made for those of you who are interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1226-game-room-info-shop/04277-nba-fastbreak-backboard-mod
Needed the shop to warm up a little which didn't happen till recently, doing a 3 color print when it's really cold just doesn't work very well.

Will you ship it to Australia at all? I went to buy one and your shop says you wont ship internationally.

#737 5 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

Will you ship it to Australia at all? I went to buy one and your shop says you wont ship internationally.

Actually you're the second person to ask me that, actually maybe 3rd. Shipping is just a pain in the ass internationally for a cheap item...however, if someone wanted to be the 'distributor' over there maybe I could send a batch of them at one time and then they could spread them out to their fellow pinsiders, as I've done that before on a couple other things.

#738 5 months ago

I'd buy one in Australia too if someone can get them over here

#739 5 months ago

Check with Nino at [email protected]

#740 5 months ago

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....

https://virtuapin.net/

Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.

Final product in the basement (resized).jpg

Added 170 days ago:

Paul did not make the decals.

#741 5 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just saw that Ron Kruzman listed this NOS NBA Fastbreak playfield and figured someone here may need one since I've never seen up for sale before. Anyway its there if anyone is looking for one.
https://pinballplayfieldskruzman.com/2021/03/18/nba-fastbreak-bally-nos-1200/

Just so any potential buys know this is the 1st version playfield it doesn’t have the holes up under the hoop for the wires

#742 5 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....
https://virtuapin.net/
Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.
[quoted image]

I bet it smells amazing

1 month later
#743 4 months ago

Hey FB'ers! Question...I am trying to replace (well, add for the first time, I suppose...mine has been missing since I got it) the little guide bracket that holds the blue bumper bit by Crazy Bob's. I ordered a new bracket from Marco, but hell if I can figure out how to align it and make it work. Nothing looked right. Here's a couple pictures of what I've tried. Anyone have a decent image of that piece that might shed some light on it for me? Thanks in advance!

PXL_20210507_130310041 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210507_130439716 (resized).jpg

#744 4 months ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Hey FB'ers! Question...I am trying to replace (well, add for the first time, I suppose...mine has been missing since I got it) the little guide bracket that holds the blue bumper bit by Crazy Bob's. I ordered a new bracket from Marco, but hell if I can figure out how to align it and make it work. Nothing looked right. Here's a couple pictures of what I've tried. Anyone have a decent image of that piece that might shed some light on it for me? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Edit: I think it needs to be turned so the right angle of the bracket faces up to the lockout. Then I think you need to cut a bit off the bottom.

Your first pic is correct. I had same issue and just used a dremel to cut a little off the bottom. You could also use a hacksaw. I think another company sells the correct size. It’s somewhere in this thread.

#745 4 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Edit: I think it needs to be turned so the right angle of the bracket faces up to the lockout. Then I think you need to cut a bit off the bottom.
Your first pic is correct. I had same issue and just used a dremel to cut a little off the bottom. You could also use a hacksaw. I think another company sells the correct size. It’s somewhere in this thread.

Great, yes that does help clarify, thank you. I did find the images from the other post in this thread. I will definitely have to grind a little bit off of the bottom to make it fit. But otherwise should be good! Cheers.

#746 4 months ago

I also designed stencils for new spinners. Was able to redraw the basketball and had a few tests made. They worked pretty good! If anyone wants the art file, just shoot me a message. Happy to share.

PXL_20210421_201901421 (resized).jpg

#747 4 months ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Great, yes that does help clarify, thank you. I did find the images from the other post in this thread. I will definitely have to grind a little bit off of the bottom to make it fit. But otherwise should be good! Cheers.

I had to file some off the bottom of mine.

#748 4 months ago

Anyone ever have a Defender broken error?

#749 4 months ago

Has anyone put a plastic (or other kind of) cap on the pop bumper under the right ramp? I think it looks kinda dumb with nothing covering it, but as far as I can tell that's just how they were made. Not sure if there's enough clearance to put a plastic over it to match the other bumper with the plastic lid on it.

#750 4 months ago

Has anybody ever done anything with this cap-less pop bumper under the right ramp? I debated getting an additional plastic for the top, similar to the other pop bumper, but not sure if it would fit. I just think it looks ridiculous as-is.

PXL_20210425_142542160 (resized).jpg

There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside