IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Buy a few. Same screws for plastic defender as well
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Does anyone know where I can buy the cap screw for the blue rubber ball guide? Or what kind of screw it is?

A local hardware store should also have those on hand. Just need to know the thread size, length, and pitch. From the Marco bag above the 4-40 is the size and pitch and 1/4" is the length.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

A local hardware store should also have those on hand. Just need to know the thread size, length, and pitch. From the Marco bag above the 4-40 is the size and pitch and 1/4" is the length.

I was going to place a large Marco order so I think I will just pick some up from them this time. Thanks!

#604 3 years ago

Has anyone had problems with the 105 fuse constantly blowing, have you fixed it and how? I can't track down the culprit for the loading.

#605 3 years ago

Have not had that issue

1 week later
#606 3 years ago

Here are pictures of the NOS header kit it comes in the original factory box with all of the mounting hardware & instructions.

1655FEE1-0CA9-47C0-BAFE-96CC0C01A3CA (resized).jpeg1655FEE1-0CA9-47C0-BAFE-96CC0C01A3CA (resized).jpegA70A87FE-AF93-448D-A5A2-658541E345B7 (resized).jpegA70A87FE-AF93-448D-A5A2-658541E345B7 (resized).jpeg
#607 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Here are pictures of the NOS header kit it comes in the original factory box with all of the mounting hardware & instructions.
[quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent

#608 3 years ago

I was finally able to pull it all together! Thanks to all the pinsiders who helped me. There is no way I would have been able to do it without everyone's advice/help.

But I wish someone would have warned me how addictive it is. All I want to do is to keep challenging people to games. It is so much fun!

20200828_214849 (2) (resized).jpg20200828_214849 (2) (resized).jpg
#609 3 years ago

I was finally able to pull it all together! Thanks to all the pinsiders who helped me. There is no way I would have been able to do it without everyone's advice/help.
But I wish someone would have warned me how addictive it is. All I want to do is to keep challenging people to games. It is so much fun!
[quoted image]

Very cool! Where did you find the topper?

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks! I think the topper really completes the look.

I got the topper as a hookup from another pinsider. I will let him chime in on this thread.

#611 3 years ago

[quoted image]

that is awesome !

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I was able to help with the topper. If anyone else wants one I can point you in the right direction.
The topper ties the games together. Those color displays look great. I have to order me a set now.

#613 3 years ago

I made a backboard outline to make it look “real”. It always looked unfinished to me.

908A09CB-6CA5-4829-B3AD-8BF3E7999BD1 (resized).jpeg908A09CB-6CA5-4829-B3AD-8BF3E7999BD1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#614 3 years ago

Made a new version. Now attaches to the back and has pads at the bottom

DD8381CE-B06E-499B-A997-5AC5E069B4C8 (resized).jpegDD8381CE-B06E-499B-A997-5AC5E069B4C8 (resized).jpegF6F5F531-9696-43E1-856A-8203EF8681DD (resized).jpegF6F5F531-9696-43E1-856A-8203EF8681DD (resized).jpeg
#615 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Made a new version. Now attaches to the back and has pads at the bottom

Are you selling these?

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are you selling these?

I need to make some more adjustments, but if people wanted one I guess I would. I just wanted to make it look better.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I need to make some more adjustments, but if people wanted one I guess I would. I just wanted to make it look better.

I would be interested if you are selling!

#618 3 years ago

Does anyone have an occasional issue with shooter #2 in the paint not getting the ball into the hoop? Sometimes it seems like there isn’t enough strength to get it up and over. Doesn’t seem like the ball is hitting the guide and losing power but I could be wrong. Guide is tight.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

#619 3 years ago

Recently my Player 3 (passing to the right) plunger stopped working. FYI- the shooting and the passing to the left plunger works perfectly.

Trying to troubleshoot, I swapped the entire assembly out with a known working one from another NBAFB. With the new one in, it will pass to the right, but very weakly....it just "dribbles out" (pardon the pun) to the right...and sometimes doesn't even drop in the Player 4 hole. The new assembly passes to the left and shoots perfectly just like the old one.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it? What's confusing to me is I know the new assembly works perfectly so I don't think it is a coil or soldering issue with the right plunger.

Thanks!

#620 3 years ago

Recently my Player 3 (passing to the right) plunger stopped working. FYI- the shooting and the passing to the left plunger works perfectly.
Trying to troubleshoot, I swapped the entire assembly out with a known working one from another NBAFB. With the new one in, it will pass to the right, but very weakly....it just "dribbles out" (pardon the pun) to the right...and sometimes doesn't even drop in the Player 4 hole. The new assembly passes to the left and shoots perfectly just like the old one.
Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it? What's confusing to me is I know the new assembly works perfectly so I don't think it is a coil or soldering issue with the right plunger.
Thanks!

Did you try adjusting the legs? Maybe it’s not leveled correctly.

Also for my previous post, I seemed to have fixed my shooter #2 issue by cleaning the plastic sleeve in the coil

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did you try adjusting the legs? Maybe it’s not leveled correctly.
Also for my previous post, I seemed to have fixed my shooter #2 issue by cleaning the plastic sleeve in the coil

I adjusted the legs and that seemed to do the trick! So simple. Thx!

#622 3 years ago

Deleted... didn't see the above post mentioning it was fixed.

#623 3 years ago

Here is a mod I am in the process of making for my NBA Fastbreak. KozMck Arcade made lollipop tops. I also call them as assembled, lollipop posts. These are easily installed on machine screw posts and in this case, they go on the 8 (4 per side) posts that hold the lane guides on. The screw head is recessed in the cap so the screw does not lose any engagement length and the existing screws are used as-is. I still need to let them dry before seal coating them with acrylic varnish so I will post the installed pictures later. Just thought you might like to see them!

IMG_4461 (resized).JPGIMG_4461 (resized).JPGIMG_4462 (resized).JPGIMG_4462 (resized).JPG

#624 3 years ago

I think this is my final version, I painted the back and secured it slightly more. I think it looks pretty good now, more finished.

4CD7FA43-47C4-461B-B1AA-812501B7FAC7 (resized).jpeg4CD7FA43-47C4-461B-B1AA-812501B7FAC7 (resized).jpeg850AA1B1-E60C-4D55-9718-D55079EF2AC1 (resized).jpeg850AA1B1-E60C-4D55-9718-D55079EF2AC1 (resized).jpeg866434A1-2747-40F2-8416-39BEE935F34F (resized).jpeg866434A1-2747-40F2-8416-39BEE935F34F (resized).jpegD472DDE2-131C-4BD5-86E9-E4E35149E11B (resized).jpegD472DDE2-131C-4BD5-86E9-E4E35149E11B (resized).jpeg
#625 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think this is my final version, I painted the back and secured it slightly more. I think it looks pretty good now, more finished.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, but can the electronics "breathe"? Maybe a grill pattern on top or a heat sink if needed?

#626 3 years ago

KozMck Arcade made lollipop tops/lollipop posts installed.
IMG_4475 (resized).JPGIMG_4475 (resized).JPG

IMG_4478 (resized).JPGIMG_4478 (resized).JPG
#627 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

hi it's great but i don't find it
would you have a link ?
Thanks

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi it's great but i don't find it
would you have a link ?
Thanks

There's no link. It's a mod I made for my personal NBA Fastbreak pin that I am restoring.

#629 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those looks really good!

#630 3 years ago

Looks good, but can the electronics "breathe"? Maybe a grill pattern on top or a heat sink if needed?

It's not airtight, there are still holes on the side for air to get out. This isn't something you'd put in an arcade running 365 days a year anyways, it's for home personal use only.

#631 3 years ago

Anyone want to beta test my design for me ( meaning I give it to you for free)? Before I sell any, want to make sure that it works for someone else and they're happy with it. Just post here if you are and I'll contact you. Thanks

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Anyone want to beta test my design for me ( meaning I give it to you for free)? Before I sell any, want to make sure that it works for someone else and they're happy with it. Just post here if you are and I'll contact you. Thanks

Sign me up... PM me for details where to send the frame. Overall, gives the clock a cleaner look.

Thanks,

Robert

#633 3 years ago

I’d be happy to test too but I’m in Australia so I’m guessing you won’t want to ship here?

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I am game.

Thx!

#635 3 years ago

More Kozzies (lollipop tops) installed as my NBA Fastbreak restore progresses...

IMG_4494 (resized).JPGIMG_4494 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#636 3 years ago

All,

Just got the final production version of taylor34 mod for the shot clock frame to try out before he puts it up for sale. This item is like lollipop tops.

Never thought about wanting the mod, but if you install the mod it feels natural. These mods attempt to hid all the electronics and extra washers to enhance the cosmetic look.

My photos does not do justice, but take a look at how much cleaner the shot clock looks with the frame. You can no longer see the circuit board, and the red paint on the edge matches the playfield. Personally it was suttle, but effective execution.

Easy install.

Great Job!!

ComparisonPhoto (resized).jpgComparisonPhoto (resized).jpgIMG_8270 (resized).JPGIMG_8270 (resized).JPG
#637 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

All,
Just got the final production version of taylor34 mod for the shot clock frame to try out before he puts it up for sale. This item is like lollipop tops.
Never thought about wanting the mod, but if you install the mod it feels natural. These mods attempt to hid all the electronics and extra washers to enhance the cosmetic look.
My photos does not do justice, but take a look at how much cleaner the shot clock looks with the frame. You can no longer see the circuit board, and the red paint on the edge matches the playfield. Personally it was suttle, but effective execution.
Easy install.
Great Job!!

I hope George Gomez reads this thread. He'd be impressed I think. I would be willing to provide a couple of lollipop tops, the NBA logo one on a #8 white cap as pictured to a few Pinsiders if anyone is interested. I think the best location for those Kozzies is the head of the lane guide near the outlane as I pictured the Celtics one. A couple of Pinsiders who already restored an NBAFB and have answered some restore questions for me have first dibs and I'll contact them directly. I could do this for a couple more Pinsiders, just PM me with your address and I can send you two for the lane guides. Please just post your installed pictures and opinion.**Update** I have enough Pinsiders to give the spare inventory to for the NBA logo lollipop tops. 2 per person. Thanks for your interest.

#638 3 years ago

I am game for some cool lollipop tops!

Side note, my 3 ball multiball was not functioning properly, and pinballplusMN recommended Www.pinbits.com for a trough insert which fixes the problem, is inexpensive, and requires no tools to install. Hope this helps someone. I played for 6 months with only 2 ball around the world multiball.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

All,
Easy install.
Great Job!!

Thanks for trying it out for me, you took much better pictures than me. I've listed it on the pinside store now if anyone wants one.

#640 3 years ago

Anyone know where a new right ramp 03-9668.2 can be found?

#641 3 years ago

Anyone know where a new right ramp 03-9668.2 can be found?

were those ever repro? I only saw the left and center ones...

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

were those ever repro? I only saw the left and center ones...

I thought bay area amusements/pps would have them but they do not. I think if people get on the waiting list at Pinball Center in Germany they might make them is there's enough interest and they have the rights I guess. Bally P/N is 03-9668.2:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/nba-fastbreak/9302/right-ramp-for-nba-fastbreak-03-9668.2

#643 3 years ago

3 months ago @Irosent345 aka Starship Fantasy said they were working on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ramps-by-starship-fantasy/page/8#post-5732354

#644 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to remove and replace the rivets on the ramps?

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from PeanutBRad:

Does anyone know how to remove and replace the rivets on the ramps?

^^^ Also, the rivets on the metal piece around the hook ramp basket.

#646 3 years ago

You need a rivet gun to replace rivets. I had never done any rivets but purchased a cheap rivet gun and rivets from harbor freight recently, and it's actually pretty easy. To remove the rivets, the only way I know is to drill through them but perhaps somebody else knows a better way.

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

You need a rivet gun to replace rivets. I had never done any rivets but purchased a cheap rivet gun and rivets from harbor freight recently, and it's actually pretty easy. To remove the rivets, the only way I know is to drill through them but perhaps somebody else knows a better way.

Did you use hardware store rivets, just wondering Bally had a special rivet size like some of their washers did. Sorry I know I can get this from the parts list for NBAFB, and I will when I get to that restore work, but I am just throwing it out there now to someone who's already done it.

#648 3 years ago

They are a pain to remove, and you need the dies to press them back in, you can buy them from pinball supplies I got them from pinball spare parts Australia, I have a press to do it, they are 1/8th x what ever length you need

#649 3 years ago

You can get the required tool here also:
https://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html

#650 3 years ago

Did you use hardware store rivets, just wondering Bally had a special rivet size like some of their washers did. Sorry I know I can get this from the parts list for NBAFB, and I will when I get to that restore work, but I am just throwing it out there now to someone who's already done it.

I have never done the ramps on my nbafb but I have done some ramp riveting and other plastics where a lamp or plastic is riveted on. I purchased a kit at harbor freight for around $30. The kit had different sized rivets and is easy to use. While it is not a brass or nickel plated rivet, it looks pretty good although there is a small dimple in the middle of the rivet, good enough for me although not for if you are doing a high end restore. If you want I will post a pic later of what the rivets look like on a ramp or plastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/13?hl=acronymicon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.