IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s what the ramp should look like. No post.
Just a nut.
[quoted image]

Great thanks, but if I did that on my game, the ball would get stuck between the nut and the ramp.Whats wrong with my set up do you think?

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Great thanks, but if I did that on my game, the ball would get stuck between the nut and the ramp.Whats wrong with my set up do you think?

I don’t understand. On the top of the ramp the ball will get stuck? How? Got a picture? From the plunge? From a ramp shot?

#553 3 years ago

Picked up a Fastbreak yesterday having never seen or played one before. Price was reasonable, so I figured I could resell without taking much of a loss it if it turned out to be a dud.

Wow, what an underrated game!!! Rules seem surprisingly deep and the Announcer and stadium noise are a sweet and unique change from most other pins. Player rosters bring back memories of unboxing Tecmo NBA Basketball for the SNES back in college days. Gonna enjoy this one for a while!

Question: is there supposed to be a cap for the pop bumper under the right ramp? Is there supposed to be a light in that bumper?

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Picked up a Fastbreak yesterday having never seen or played one before. Price was reasonable, so I figured I could resell without taking much of a loss it if it turned out to be a dud.
Wow, what an underrated game!!! Rules seem surprisingly deep and the Announcer and stadium noise are a sweet and unique change from most other pins. Player rosters bring back memories of unboxing Tecmo NBA Basketball for the SNES back in college days. Gonna enjoy this one for a while!
Question: is there supposed to be a cap for the pop bumper under the right ramp? Is there supposed to be a light in that bumper?

No cap I believe.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

There is a service bulletin:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4023/Bally_1997_NBA_Fastbreak_Service_Bulletin_99.pdf

#556 3 years ago

you can also buy a hang up kit
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22014

not sure if anyone still stocks them though

#557 3 years ago

I have the post but still every once in a while it gets stuck and needs a danger nudge to get it out. There’s still space for a round ball to hang up. Need to get something in there to flatten it but it’s rare. Happened to my daughter just now so took a pic.

C190EEE3-BC6A-44A9-98D1-88977C59EF78 (resized).jpegC190EEE3-BC6A-44A9-98D1-88977C59EF78 (resized).jpegE61E7A15-EDAF-4B36-8D71-2FE5BE3C17D2 (resized).jpegE61E7A15-EDAF-4B36-8D71-2FE5BE3C17D2 (resized).jpeg
#558 3 years ago

Recently my girlfriend and I went to Portland, and our hotel was right by an arcade. We both never played pinball much before, but we ended up going 4 more times in 3 days to play. This was one of the games we really liked, so now I'm on the hunt. Hope to join ya'll in here soon!

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from yardmonster:

Recently my girlfriend and I went to Portland, and our hotel was right by an arcade. We both never played pinball much before, but we ended up going 4 more times in 3 days to play. This was one of the games we really liked, so now I'm on the hunt. Hope to join ya'll in here soon!

nice one! i would never sell mine

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I have the post but still every once in a while it gets stuck and needs a danger nudge to get it out. There’s still space for a round ball to hang up. Need to get something in there to flatten it but it’s rare. Happened to my daughter just now so took a pic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What chain of events leads to a ball getting stuck there? Hard for me to picture.

#561 3 years ago

2F79222C-4061-4AD8-996E-EEF03725DF7E (resized).jpeg2F79222C-4061-4AD8-996E-EEF03725DF7E (resized).jpeg

Sometimes weird stuff just happens, check this I have had a wedgie, ya wouldn’t even think it’s possible

#562 3 years ago

Me again (new to the game, just picked one up last weekend)...

Every time I try to “pass right” from the 2-spot to the 3-spot, the ball doesn’t make it over. Coil seems to be firing fine...in test mode without a ball there doesn’t seem to be any noticeable ‘weakness’. Any ideas where to start on adjustment?

Also getting a lot of air-borne balls launched off the right ramp. Is this ‘normal’? Live with it, or is there something available to help cut down on these?

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Every time I try to “pass right” from the 2-spot to the 3-spot, the ball doesn’t make it over. Coil seems to be firing fine...in test mode without a ball there doesn’t seem to be any noticeable ‘weakness’. Any ideas where to start on adjustment?
Also getting a lot of air-borne balls launched off the right ramp. Is this ‘normal’? Live with it, or is there something available to help cut down on these?

You can loosen the screws to slightly move the coil so the plunger strikes it more squarely.

Airborne from the right ramp entrance or airborne from the shooter lane to the right ramp?

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

It seems to me the only way I make the right ramp is to cradle with right flipper and backhand. I get airballs 99% shooting right ramp from left flipper.

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You can loosen the screws to slightly move the coil so the plunger strikes it more squarely.
Airborne from the right ramp entrance or airborne from the shooter lane to the right ramp?

Airborne from the right ramp entrance.

Quoted from Pinstym:

It seems to me the only way I make the right ramp is to cradle with right flipper and backhand. I get airballs 99% shooting right ramp from left flipper.

—yes, that is what I’m experiencing. Left flipper sends the balls flying. Backhand from right doesn’t cause any problems. Was just wondering if there were any good mod solutions.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

[quoted image]
Sometimes weird stuff just happens, check this I have had a wedgie, ya wouldn’t even think it’s possible

That would be a jump ball.

jumpball (resized).jpgjumpball (resized).jpg
#567 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Airborne from the right ramp entrance.

—yes, that is what I’m experiencing. Left flipper sends the balls flying. Backhand from right doesn’t cause any problems. Was just wondering if there were any good mod solutions.

A lot of times when these get shopped, the ramps are put on too tightly. In the picture below, I would loosen the two screws (circled in red) so they have just enough tension to hold the ramp. Also, many of the Williams games of this era had green foam under the ramps (I drew a green line) to keep the bend from being too steep in the metal flap. If loosening the screws doesn't fix it, you can add some foam under there to help it out as well.

For the record, I pitch my games super steep and they play super fast, and my left flipper never causes a jump at this entrance.

Screenshot_20200715-131254 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200715-131254 (resized).png
#568 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Hi Guys,

As chuckwurt pointed out, it should just be a nut. I provided a closer snapshot to what that looks like from the side (see below).

I have never had a problem with the ball getting stuck. However, very once in awhile, when I hit the right ramp fast, the ball almost gets hung up, but it always comes down the ramp successfully.
20200715_125709 (resized).jpg20200715_125709 (resized).jpg

#569 3 years ago

Yep. See above. Thus is how my game is too.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What chain of events leads to a ball getting stuck there? Hard for me to picture.

Usually when it happens for me is at ball launch. It will bounce back towards the ramp so it’s not moving fast. Settles there.

Quoted from AFM95:

Hi Guys,
As chuckwurt pointed out, it should just be a nut.
I have never had a problem with the ball getting stuck. However, very once in awhile, when I hit the right ramp fast, the ball almost gets hung up, but it always comes down the ramp successfully.

Just was showing where it happens. Since those of us with the issue didn’t have the service bulletin done and you guys with the nut don’t have it hang up then that’s the fix. I’ll get mine replaced sometime. But as I mentioned on mine it happens rarely so far. I’ll need to remember to check out service bulletins when I get a game. Thanks.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Usually when it happens for me is at ball launch. It will bounce back towards the ramp so it’s not moving fast. Settles there.

Just was showing where it happens. Since those of us with the issue didn’t have the service bulletin done and you guys with the nut don’t have it hang up then that’s the fix. I’ll get mine replaced sometime. But as I mentioned on mine it happens rarely so far. I’ll need to remember to check out service bulletins when I get a game. Thanks.

I have the same post. I pulled the rubber off and just have the clear post. I have never had a ball get stuck in over 2 years of ownership.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Hi Fastbreak Owners.
I just bought my first fast break and I’m having problems with the ball getting trapped at the left hand side of the shooter lane ramp (at the top). There is something missing and I’m not sure what it is... it was just an empty space with a screw going down through the ramp plastic, and the ball was getting trapped in the area so I’ve Remove the screw and put a post in there with an orange rubber on it, but it hasn't helped, now the ball just gets trapped behind it, against the lip where the ramp ends.
Can anyone offer me some advice please?[quoted image]

I only have a screw. No nut
F90F4417-5403-4B4C-8810-14C51284F3E8 (resized).pngF90F4417-5403-4B4C-8810-14C51284F3E8 (resized).png

Added over 4 years ago:

Realized I have the original post

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

I think the tab is too straight up. I bent my tab forward to make the resting place between the tab and the nut smaller. Then it was possible to have the ball rest between the plunger lane and the tab, so I bend the tab backwards again but only at the right side. It could seem that the ball now can be trapped between the tab and the right wall but that doesn't happen because the plastic has a slope there.

tab (resized).jpgtab (resized).jpg
#574 3 years ago

Just found out the Max extra balls per game setting doesn't work. Well, if set to No extra balls, that works, and the default of 4 also works, since it is only 4 ways to get an extra ball.

But when I set it to Max 1 extra ball per game, it is still possible to get more, if I score them in the right order. Clearly bugs.
And if you have Pinball Scores on, it seems every normal point is 100k pinball points, but you never get any pinball scores from the trivia. Doesn't make any sense, so probably a bug. They also missed out on the chance to let a ring make for instance 3M in pinball score. And why not extra balls too.
I would just love to get hold of the program source code.

#575 3 years ago

Wanted to show my machine. Man I love this game! Added a Rodman and Garnet starting lineup in the back, 4” led strip behind shot clock for more light, a 20” led strip in top rear, comet sunlight GI, fluted orange at outlines, led inserts, and trough lighting. ColorDMD is in future and have been contemplating mirror pinblades but that might be too much.

What has everyone else done!

22E05FBE-8D71-459C-9BC1-9E91F45261FE (resized).jpeg22E05FBE-8D71-459C-9BC1-9E91F45261FE (resized).jpeg2A446BF7-7243-48DF-9473-0017EF0FC475 (resized).jpeg2A446BF7-7243-48DF-9473-0017EF0FC475 (resized).jpeg48E7E51D-4A28-466C-9821-CC0C182D5C5A (resized).jpeg48E7E51D-4A28-466C-9821-CC0C182D5C5A (resized).jpegAC9911F2-6BAD-4FD8-95F5-0A69C6564739 (resized).jpegAC9911F2-6BAD-4FD8-95F5-0A69C6564739 (resized).jpeg

#576 3 years ago

While playing tonight, I realized that only my right (main) speaker was producing sound. I checked all the connections and they all looked good.

Not sure what to do next. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wanted to show my machine. Man I love this game! Added a Rodman and Garnet starting lineup in the back, 4” led strip behind shot clock for more light, a 20” led strip in top rear, comet sunlight GI, fluted orange at outlines, led inserts, and trough lighting. ColorDMD is in future and have been contemplating mirror pinblades but that might be too much.
What has everyone else done!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The mirror blades look nice, I’ve done that and colordmd led on mine. I also would get the topper if you can, it looks great

#578 3 years ago

From Russia with love!

A6B85734-88DB-4111-9052-86D08AE63ACF (resized).jpegA6B85734-88DB-4111-9052-86D08AE63ACF (resized).jpeg
#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

From Russia with love!
[quoted image]

Let us know how it fits.... I actually bought two of them from Russia a few months ago and the bottom hole didn't align with the mount, and I had to dremel down part of the very bottom to keep it from rubbing against the playfield.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Let us know how it fits.... I actually bought two of them from Russia a few months ago and the bottom hole didn't align with the mount, and I had to dremel down part of the very bottom to keep it from rubbing against the playfield.

Same here. I cut the bottom hole off. Basically near the top of his sneakers so the wheel spins freely. So he is only secured by the top two screws. Other than that it is good. The seller seems like a good dude. Quick communication

#581 3 years ago

There is a protector you can get for him so they don’t break Like this

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=419&zenid=ci05i3sjirbg2610upbn5609n3

I have to install mine

#582 3 years ago

I asked a ways back but need to ask again in trying to solve some things.
Can someone check in switch test if your defender optos are normally open or closed. Mine are normally open.
I’m guessing that’s ok since I don’t get any errors but I do have some weird things during games I’m trying to hunt down and want to verify since manual says (and all optos I’ve seen) are normally closed.
Also while in test do you get this extra dot appearing when defender center lock position opto is active? No idea what it is.

12A850F5-2A2A-4D35-ACA9-DECBDF23C650 (resized).jpeg12A850F5-2A2A-4D35-ACA9-DECBDF23C650 (resized).jpeg
#583 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I asked a ways back but need to ask again in trying to solve some things.
Can someone check in switch test if your defender optos are normally open or closed. Mine are normally open.
I’m guessing that’s ok since I don’t get any errors but I do have some weird things during games I’m trying to hunt down and want to verify since manual says (and all optos I’ve seen) are normally closed.
Also while in test do you get this extra dot appearing when defender center lock position opto is active? No idea what it is.
[quoted image]

Defender is always open. There is a bent metal tab that passes through each opto.

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Defender is always open. There is a bent metal tab that passes through each opto.

Ok. That’s what I figured. Since optos are naturally normally closed I figured the signals are being inverted at some point before they get to the board. Just wanted to make sure what I’m seeing is correct since manual has them being normally closed like the others. Thanks.
Now for that dot. Appears in switch level test when it’s cycling through.

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

From Russia with love!
[quoted image]

Thanks for order Let me know if you need something else

#586 3 years ago

First attempt and making a cup holder for fastbreak. Here are a couple finished pics.

20200804_190832 (resized).jpg20200804_190832 (resized).jpgIMG_20200804_193948_204 (resized).jpgIMG_20200804_193948_204 (resized).jpg
#587 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

First attempt and making a cup holder for fastbreak. Here are a couple finished pics.

That's awesome! Good job!

#588 3 years ago

Very cool! Finally a cup mod that really fits the theme 100%... the other cup mods attaching a design to the standard cup now looks “cheap”.. you took it to another level.

Nice job and sign me up if you dare to make more for others!!

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

That's awesome! Good job!

Thanks

Quoted from zermeno68:

Very cool! Finally a cup mod that really fits the theme 100%... the other cup mods attaching a design to the standard cup now looks “cheap”.. you took it to another level.
Nice job and sign me up if you dare to make more for others!!

Lol thanks. Was curious how stable a bottle would be and it does do not move while playing. Your interest is noted.

#590 3 years ago

That looks great! I would gladly pay $30-$40 for one of those.

Maybe do a 1/8 weep hole at the bottom to air out condensation?

Well done!

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That looks great! I would gladly pay $30-$40 for one of those.
Maybe do a 1/8 weep hole at the bottom to air out condensation?
Well done!

Thanks i appreciate it. Good call on a weep hole for condensation was uncertain if it needed one or not. Will definitely add that in sounds like i should and it wont hurt having it there anyways.

For those interested i will start a list

#592 3 years ago

I would be intrested

#593 3 years ago

Thanks i appreciate it. Good call on a weep hole for condensation was uncertain if it needed one or not. Will definitely add that in sounds like i should and it wont hurt having it there anyways.

Interested!

#594 3 years ago

Mirror blades installed. Pinball decals.

37F62496-5C2C-4BB1-89BC-A2F803CAC68D (resized).jpeg37F62496-5C2C-4BB1-89BC-A2F803CAC68D (resized).jpeg
#595 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Now for that dot. Appears in switch level test when it’s cycling through.

My guess: It just means "For your information, this particular opto (defender lock position) is normally closed, not because it is differently wired, but because that is where the defender normally is parked." The position of the dot is arbitrary.

#596 3 years ago

I’m definitely interested !

#597 3 years ago

Update cup holders have been made and painted. Attaching net and ball over next couple days and then will shoot out pm's. Will start a mod thread after this.

20200816_110428 (resized).jpg20200816_110428 (resized).jpg
#598 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the cap screw for the blue rubber ball guide? Or what kind of screw it is?

Thanks for any leads!

20200817_220106_LI (resized).jpg20200817_220106_LI (resized).jpgIMGP0369_LI (resized).jpgIMGP0369_LI (resized).jpg
#599 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Does anyone know where I can buy the cap screw for the blue rubber ball guide? Or what kind of screw it is?
Thanks for any leads![quoted image][quoted image]

Buy a few. Same screws for plastic defender as well

27BE442E-8F6A-49FF-9692-A288408F1BDB (resized).jpeg27BE442E-8F6A-49FF-9692-A288408F1BDB (resized).jpeg
#600 3 years ago

Anyone in the Club looking for the marquee header topper? I was offered a NOS Williams single game header kit still in the orginal factory box. If I still had the game, this would be mine as I looked for years but never was able to find one then sold my game last year. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will get you pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/12?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.