IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
nba5 (resized).jpg
IMG_9189 (resized).png
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.
#501 3 years ago

Try having the left side a little higher than the right side even if it’s not perfectly level. That’s what worked for me and it doesn’t seem to affect anything else in the game by not being perfectly leveled.

#502 3 years ago

I’m still on the hunt for an NBA Fastbreak for anyone in the MA / CT area. Gotta be someone out there

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

So I am having no luck with the ball coming down from the pop bumper.... moved around the ball guides many different way, even redid some screw holes but still nothing consistent. I have tried dead bounce foam strip in different spot but it either get the ball stuck or drop off...
I am surprise no one has made a better fix for it... what's the best recommendations?

J-Freeze put a square, clear adhesive, rubber bumper (typically called a "cabinet door bumper") inside the guide after it leaves the pop bumper area.

I would say that the specific placement of this bumper pushes the ball to the other guide, which drops it to the right flipper about 98% of the time. It's not foolproof, but it's the best I've seen and experienced.

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Bumper-106-PC-Spherical-Square/dp/B06XPCLN23
20200615_104933.jpg20200615_104933.jpg

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

j-freeze put a square, clear adhesive, rubber bumper (typically called a "cabinet door bumper") inside the guide after it leaves the pop bumper area.
I would say that the specific placement of this bumper pushes the ball to the other guide, which drops it to the right flipper about 98% of the time. It's not foolproof, but it's the best I've seen and experienced.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

i had tried something similar with dead drop foam but it wasn't really working and came loose. let me try those, thanks!

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Grizzlies were an expansion team from Vancouver and their colours were green before switching their jerseys. As for the warriors and Knicks, those seem like mistakes. I see the grayed our Bally’s at the start too.

I worked with Chris at ColorDMD to update the colors. I didn't know exactly how expansive the color pallet is for ColorDMD, but Chris did a fantastic job updating the team colors. It really made a big difference.

Shout out to ColorDMD for great customer service.

#506 3 years ago

I’m having some weirdness I started a tech thread on. One thing that is confusing me is that the optos in the matrix are all listed as normally closed according to the switch matrix. But in the test the defender optos are normally open and close when the opto is triggered. Is that normal for everyone or is something wrong on mine?

1 week later
#507 3 years ago

I finally found and bought the pin! I have a pop bumper I need to replace...the one under the right ramp ugh...

Speaking of which, when would the ball ever flow through off the plunge to the back end of the right ramp? Seems like it always goes in the hole to the pop bumpers.

4EA354CE-6F6D-42D4-85C0-CC87228DC058 (resized).jpeg4EA354CE-6F6D-42D4-85C0-CC87228DC058 (resized).jpeg
#508 3 years ago

Circled in orange is a curve in the launch that would prevent the ball going up the right ramp.

Circled in green are the pop bumpers, red x is the one I think you are referring to (you probably know this but your arrow made it confusing)

Blue lines are just hair for the green pop bumper man.

Do you know what is wrong with the pop bumper, did the seller tell you?
You may not have to take the ramp off, it may (most likely) be able to be repaired from underneath.

20200627_012157 (resized).jpg20200627_012157 (resized).jpg
#509 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I worked with Chris at ColorDMD to update the colors. I didn't know exactly how expansive the color pallet is for ColorDMD, but Chris did a fantastic job updating the team colors. It really made a big difference.
Shout out to ColorDMD for great customer service.

Great! How do we get the update? ColorDMD only shows the original version on the site.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Circled in orange is a curve in the launch that would prevent the ball going up the right ramp.
Circled in green are the pop bumpers, red x is the one I think you are referring to (you probably know this but your arrow made it confusing)
Blue lines are just hair for the green pop bumper man.
Do you know what is wrong with the pop bumper, did the seller tell you?
You may not have to take the ramp off, it may (most likely) be able to be repaired from underneath.
[quoted image]

My orange arrow was just pointing at the back end of the right ramp, which I do t know how the ball would ever make it there.

Your red x is the busted pop bumper. I don’t know the term, but it’s the metal ring that gets pulled down from the coil that needs to be replaced. The nut and thread that attaches to the yoke underneath PF broke so it’s both above and below playfield job.

#511 3 years ago

That back end of the ramp is for a shot that comes around from the left and wraps around the back of the playfield. It then returns to the right flipper. Happens to start Alley-Oop. There is a gate at the entrance behind to the right of the basket so sometimes the ball is stopped to go in the paint.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

That back end of the ramp is for a shot that comes around from the left and wraps around the back of the playfield. It then returns to the right flipper. Happens to start Alley-Oop. There is a gate at the entrance behind to the right of the basket so sometimes the ball is stopped to go in the paint.

Thanks that makes sense!

#513 3 years ago

For those of you that changed the bulb in the shooter button, what is the process? Do I need to remove the switch from the assembly first? Then what happens?

Plastic seems brittle so I do t want to screw up. Thanks for the help.

71DD9F8F-6EAC-4525-8990-2FE0EB9E9211 (resized).jpeg71DD9F8F-6EAC-4525-8990-2FE0EB9E9211 (resized).jpeg
#514 3 years ago

You just wiggle and pull on the whole thing. I’m always worried it will break but it hasn’t. Snaps back in to replace.

6ED82BD0-C706-4EEF-B444-9FF2360B2FFD (resized).jpeg6ED82BD0-C706-4EEF-B444-9FF2360B2FFD (resized).jpeg
#515 3 years ago

The backglass bottom trim broke when I was removing the backglass from the game. I recently ordered from Marco Specialities a new set with the bottom being measured at 25 3/4" Part # 03-9420 without realizing the bottom Trim currently on the backglass measures 26 7/8". More than 1" longer... So, putting the new trim on will not overlap the Side Trims.

Can someone confirm if your bottom backglass trim is the same length as Part # 03-9420 (25 3/4") and not longer? Perhaps this is why it is tough to get this backglass out... Previous owner installed the wrong one?

Input appreciated.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

The backglass bottom trim broke when I was removing the backglass from the game. I recently ordered from Marco Specialities a new set with the bottom being measured at 25 3/4" Part # 03-9420 without realizing the bottom Trim currently on the backglass measures 26 7/8". More than 1" longer... So, putting the new trim on will not overlap the Side Trims.
Can someone confirm if your bottom backglass trim is the same length as Part # 03-9420 (25 3/4") and not longer? Perhaps this is why it is tough to get this backglass out... Previous owner installed the wrong one?
Input appreciated.

Here is my measurement. It's under 26".

20200627_194227 (resized).jpg20200627_194227 (resized).jpg
#517 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

You just wiggle and pull on the whole thing. I’m always worried it will break but it hasn’t. Snaps back in to replace.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Got it. Then I had an issue putting the piece that holds the bulb back in flush. Had to push pretty hard with a screwdriver to get it to click in.

#518 3 years ago

I was to grease the defender gearbox because of "defender mech is broken" error - at ball search it went to the far right beyond 4 and got stuck, trapping a ball in the lane above. No ball search moved the defender at all. Had to power cycle. Removed the defender altogether, and guess what... the game is better without it. The defender isn't any challenge anyway.

Other thing. Right loop diverter gets stuck in raised position. It feels like it attaches magnetically. A light tap on the cabinet drops it. Suggestions?

#519 3 years ago

Maybe you should just take the diverter out of the game as well? Keep making your game better.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from GroundControl:

Other thing. Right loop diverter gets stuck in raised position. It feels like it attaches magnetically. A light tap on the cabinet drops it. Suggestions?

Cut a piece of business card and put it between the coil stop nub and the plunger.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Here is my measurement. It's under 26".[quoted image]

Thanks for verifying... Guess previous owner put the wrong trim... crossing fingers putting in the exact part number would make the ability to take out the backglass easier.

#522 3 years ago

I was to grease the defender gearbox because of "defender mech is broken" error - at ball search it went to the far right beyond 4 and got stuck, trapping a ball in the lane above. No ball search moved the defender at all. Had to power cycle. Removed the defender altogether, and guess what... the game is better without it. The defender isn't any challenge anyway.

Its relatively easy to take apart the defender and re lubricate. I would think the game is not the same at all without the defender. It's one of the better functions of the game to pass with the flippers and hurry up and take the shot before the defender gets there.

#523 3 years ago

The defender isn't any challenge anyway.

I respectfully disagree. Even on factory settings (medium difficulty), the defender is more challenging after you win your first ring.

Also, there is an "In the Paint" difficultly setting if you think it's currently too easy. Set it to extra hard where the defender moves a quarter of a second after passing the ball.

Screenshot_20200701-181742_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20200701-181742_Drive.jpg
#524 3 years ago

I think my defender is tough. I’d say it blocks me 50% of the time.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You need to hit the gym, watch Klay Thompson film, and work on your quick release jump shot.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You need to hit the gym, watch Klay Thompson film, and work on your quick release jump shot.

Haha. My issue is when I pass it’s guaranteed the ball will circle around the saucer allowing the defender time to get over and block me. Need to work on my hands.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would say I get blocked about 25%... Not a good feeling.

On a side note, putting my initials for the Bulls has become my life mission. I just can't make it to the third ring!

#528 3 years ago

I want to get my name up for the Lakers but every time I play as them I put up a dog and scores over 200 with teams like the Raptors lol

#529 3 years ago

I’m just glad Trent didn’t keep playing mine. He put up 247 with the raptors and EBs off. Haha

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I would say I get blocked about 25%... Not a good feeling.
On a side note, putting my initials for the Bulls has become my life mission. I just can't make it to the third ring!

I dont think it's possible, I'm pretty sure that it won't let you play for a third ring with the bulls.

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I dont think it's possible, I'm pretty sure that it won't let you play for a third ring with the bulls.

How could that be?
It would be like an easter egg from an ostrich.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then I think your defender moves faster than mine because of less friction in the gearbox, and/or earlier due to setting.

#533 3 years ago

How could that be?
It would be like an easter egg from an ostrich.

I guess because it was made in Chicago...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-rigged#post-2784947

#534 3 years ago

I just found that to be false!!
I tried with glass off, playing as Bulls, got 3 rings and 498 points.

And I'm pretty certain what they missed when they tested it...
After 2nd around-the-world MB (where you always are if you won 2 rings) there is a new game rule: You have to be IN THE PAINT to light the 1234 lamps!!
If you just keep dropping the ball in the scopes they never light.

If you think about it, an easter egg like that would have made absolutely no sense, because it would mean the Bulls can never score higher than 2 rings, while every other team could.

ROM version 3.1.

#535 3 years ago

After 2nd around-the-world MB (where you always are if you won 2 rings) there is a new game rule: You have to be IN THE PAINT to light the 1234 lamps!!
If you think about it, an easter egg like that would have made absolutely no sense, because it would mean the Bulls can never score higher than 2 rings, while every other team could.
ROM version 3.1.

Maybe they added it because they couldn’t have won that last ring without Michael and he isn’t in this game lol Seriously though how pissed would you be if you designed a game and your home town teams best player wouldn’t let you put him in there. Is there a rom hack for that? I haven’t checked

#536 3 years ago

Yeah that is weird. His PR people were stupid with that stuff. He should be in NBA jam too.

#537 3 years ago

Favorite quote from the manual.
Page 1-32.

nbafb-special (resized).pngnbafb-special (resized).png
#538 3 years ago

ROM version 3.1.

Maybe this is why I can't seem to get the third ring!

#539 3 years ago

Got two questions

1. The bottom line of my shot clock has gone out. Where would I start to try and fix this? I’m a newbie so please be as specific as possible.

2. My rollover switch where the ball comes out of the pop bumpers doesn’t make a noise upon exit. Seems like it only starts working after I smash the ball into it via the flippers. Switch works fine in test mode though.

What does this switch do anyway?

Below is a pic of the shot lock. Thanks everyone.

3F768460-F708-4B1E-9C65-E473EEFB05FF (resized).jpeg3F768460-F708-4B1E-9C65-E473EEFB05FF (resized).jpeg
#540 3 years ago

So thanks for the suggestion of the rubber stopper. See pic one. I also added a second right at the exit. 100% dead bounce trap from right flipper to left now. Not one SDTM.

81726CA6-4269-48B5-9CD6-9169D03141DD (resized).jpeg81726CA6-4269-48B5-9CD6-9169D03141DD (resized).jpeg

4FDD3F81-20B6-4377-B7D9-3DD6D983B2F3 (resized).jpeg4FDD3F81-20B6-4377-B7D9-3DD6D983B2F3 (resized).jpeg

#541 3 years ago

I have sold a few items so far, so let me know if you need anything. Will be posting to ebay soon.

Quoted from Kredmore:

With my fully restored NBA Fastbreak, I am selling all the extra & removed parts, almost all are in good working condition. See the list below. Looking to help people out and re-coup some of the cost in a fair hobby type way.
I wanted to post here before anywhere else. Pricing (unless otherwise noted) is half of the new price (I can help locate if needed) plus $10 shipping as an estimate. Will go actual shipping cost if lower/smaller parts, slightly more for the bigger heavier items. Or make an offer, happy to help out. Listing out all the part numbers is quite tedious.
PM for prices, pictures, offers, more info, etc. Paypal via friend method (non-credit card so no fee) is the preferred payment method.
Original Lockbar with hole for shoot button
Receiver bar
Replacement shoot button
Player 1 assembly plastic and connector (have 2)
Player 2 assembly plastic and connector (2)
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector, plastic is in two pieces
Player 4 assembly plastic and connector
Player 1 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 assembly plastic
Player 1 coil and bracket assembly
Player 2 coil and bracket assembly
Player 3 coil and bracket assembly
Player 4 coil and bracket assembly
AE-29-2000 coils (2)
AE-29-2000 coils (2) New
Yellow square target switches on right side of playfield (4)
Purple three pointer target switches (3)
Tilt assembly
Left ramp and round to the basket
Center ramp
shot clock glass backboard
red flasher cover
white flasher cover (2)
blue flasher cover (3)
4 legs and levelers
4 yellow cabinet protectors
cabinet interior leg brackets (4)
Side rails chrome
Side rails black glass holders
Original DMD Display
Speaker grills (2)
Wire white/gray 30' 22awg
Slingshot coil and assemblies (2)
Playfield glass receiver under backbox
Magetic post and coil for ball hold under basket
Pop bumper light sockets (4)
Pop bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper coil and bracket assembly (3)
Jet bumper cap red outer and inner
Bracket and coil for diverter
Plastics (4)
Cabinet secure bar holders (2)
Reed switch under right ramp
Main Flippers all parts from complete replacement including buttons and opto switches
Backglass translite (2)
Backbox black frame pieces (4)
Backbox basketball
Backbox old clear pieces
Backbox light sockets
Playfield - $250+$25 shipping
Playfield handles (2)
Playfield hanger (2)
misc small pieces if you're looking for anything in particular....

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

I have sold a few items so far, so let me know if you need anything. Will be posting to ebay soon.

I can attest he's a great seller, excellent communicator, and fast shipper. Don't hesitate to pick up some hard to find NBAFB parts from him.

#543 3 years ago

Anyone using pinblades on your Fastbreak? Was hoping to find some that had fans sitting in the seats or something to that effect but can’t seem to find any. I don’t care for the 1 or 2 pinblades that I’ve seen specific for this game. Was also thinking about mirror blades

Show me some pics of what you got!!

#544 3 years ago

A few lesser known rules I found out. Not that it changes strategy much.
If you get all the way to multiball hoops and then start shoot around mb, multiball hoops is canceled, with the standard grace period.
If you end on the exact same points in trophy multiball, it counts as a win. This is possible since you can score 1 or 3 points in the beginning of trophy mb if you are in some mode.
You can win more than 4 rings, but from the 5th the animation is skipped, so the ball is returned much quicker. Be ready.
Game scores above 999 are presented with only three last digits, e.i. 1037 is presented as 037.
Tested with ROM 3.1.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I can attest he's a great seller, excellent communicator, and fast shipper. Don't hesitate to pick up some hard to find NBAFB parts from him.

Thank you.

#546 3 years ago

Anyone know where this plastic goes? Can you please share a pic?

Thanks

236BE31C-4367-45F4-BF55-B48A947EADF6 (resized).jpeg236BE31C-4367-45F4-BF55-B48A947EADF6 (resized).jpeg
#547 3 years ago

From the red bumper under the center ramp to the left ramp.

nbafb-plastic (resized).jpgnbafb-plastic (resized).jpg
#548 3 years ago

From the red bumper under the center ramp to the left ramp.[quoted image]

thanks!

1 week later
#549 3 years ago

Hi Fastbreak Owners.

I just bought my first fast break and I’m having problems with the ball getting trapped at the left hand side of the shooter lane ramp (at the top). There is something missing and I’m not sure what it is... it was just an empty space with a screw going down through the ramp plastic, and the ball was getting trapped in the area so I’ve Remove the screw and put a post in there with an orange rubber on it, but it hasn't helped, now the ball just gets trapped behind it, against the lip where the ramp ends.

Can anyone offer me some advice please?

880EADCE-A1E0-49BF-941E-892F8CCDD8BF (resized).jpeg880EADCE-A1E0-49BF-941E-892F8CCDD8BF (resized).jpeg
#550 3 years ago

Here’s what the ramp should look like. No post.

Just a nut.

AD968441-4C22-44B2-910E-D6353DE7A348 (resized).jpegAD968441-4C22-44B2-910E-D6353DE7A348 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 1,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/11?hl=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.