Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Do you mind posting a pic of the LCD?

Here you go

#452 3 years ago

If he only knew the future...

Screenshot_20200425-212949_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200425-212949_Chrome (resized).jpg
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

If he only knew the future...
[quoted image]

I have had mine for around 3 years it was the machine I wanted from the start (big nba fan), No one wanted them, I see people advertising for them these days

#454 3 years ago

I have been playing NBA FB for hours daily in my quest to get rings for all the teams. I noticed tonight that most of the time when I pass from 3 to 2...the ball rolls over to the 1 position - occasionally it stops at the 2. Most of the time the ball skips 2 and lands in 1 and then I have to pass the ball back from 1 to 2.

Is this normal? If not, how do I adjust it so that a left pass from 3 will consistently land in the 2 spot?

Thanks for any help.

#455 3 years ago

That’s normal

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

That’s normal

Is that the only one that skips a pass? Or should 2 go to 4 by skipping 3?

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

My machine will sometimes skip from 2 to 4 but not always.

#458 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. It helps to know nothing is wrong with my machine.

#459 3 years ago

I am wondering if my diverter on the right orbit is working right... When in the paint is lit the diverter is down until the opto at the entrance of the right orbit register and pops it up. I am not sure if my flipper are too strong and/or the diverter is too slow but 1 out of 4 shot brick on the diverter before it is up and goes into the pop... is that a common problem?

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

3 to 1 is pretty common [mixes it up a bit ]

1 week later
#461 3 years ago

#462 3 years ago

Anyone have any fastbreak cabinet decals they would sell me? Really need the head decals and if I can't find those I'm going to have to buy the whole set and apply. Thanks

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Anyone have any fastbreak cabinet decals they would sell me? Really need the head decals and if I can't find those I'm going to have to buy the whole set and apply. Thanks

if you contact the guy on ebay he might sell them alone, as he makes them (from Russia i think)

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

You can contact Pete at RetroRefurbs. He would probably sell just the head decals.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

if you contact the guy on ebay he might sell them alone, as he makes them (from Russia i think)

Quoted from PinballTilt:

Reach out to vbobrusev here on pinside.

#466 3 years ago

Thanks guys

#467 3 years ago

Please help

1). Fuse 103 keeps blowing. It’s controls solenoids 1-8.

2). Game resets after the back box flipper shot round happens (also the audio gets really loud right after the back box round concludes)

I do have the pro daughter board installed*

Any thoughts?

44FDBBF1-6AEC-4059-8A5F-0074BDDD2BD6 (resized).jpeg44FDBBF1-6AEC-4059-8A5F-0074BDDD2BD6 (resized).jpeg

#468 3 years ago

For those who have the ColorDMD LED, is it just me, or did they make mistakes on some of the team colors? Why are the Grizzlies green instead of blue on the NBA Team Champion high scores? Why are the Warriors red and yellow versus blue and yellow in the team selection? Same goes for the Knicks - blue and red versus blue and orange?

I'm also seeing a grayed out Bally's for a 1/2 second, then it goes to color.

Do you guys see this too, or maybe my settings are screwed up?

Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Added over 4 years ago:

Worked with ColorDMD to successfully correct team colors. Thanks ColorDMD!

#469 3 years ago

For those of you with linked machines, can you please tell me where I can find detailed instructions how on to create the linking serial connector? Is there any place where I can just buy the it?

Thanks!

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

For those of you with linked machines, can you please tell me where I can find detailed instructions how on to create the linking serial connector? Is there any place where I can just buy the it?
Thanks!

Go to rec.games.pinball and search "nba link cable."

Seems like a good amount of info there.

There's also this. If this link works, scroll down to "how do I link my nba..."

http://web.archive.org/web/20070927201858/http://www.pinrepair.com/wpc/index3.htm#odd

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Go to rec.games.pinball and search "nba link cable."
Seems like a good amount of info there.
There's also this. If this link works, scroll down to "how do I link my nba..."
http://web.archive.org/web/20070927201858/http://www.pinrepair.com/wpc/index3.htm#odd

Thank you for the links. What I don't know is where to buy the "head" of what goes here. Every time I search for Rs 232, it gives me the standard db15 pin layout. Where can I buy a 9 pin connector. I tried searching "molex" but I couldn't find it. Does the "head" go by a different name? If I had the parts, I think I could do it. I just don't know what those parts are called.

Thanks for any help.

rs232 (resized).jpgrs232 (resized).jpg
#472 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Thank you for the links. What I don't know is where to buy the "head" of what goes here. Every time I search for Rs 232, it gives me the standard db15 pin layout. Where can I buy a 9 pin connector. I tried searching "molex" but I couldn't find it. Does the "head" go by a different name? If I had the parts, I think I could do it. I just don't know what those parts are called.
Thanks for any help.[quoted image]

You need a 10 pin housing. Not sure if that's .1" or .156", may want to get both

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=68

#473 3 years ago

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

For those who have the ColorDMD LED, is it just me, or did they make mistakes on some of the team colors? Why are the Grizzlies green instead of blue on the NBA Team Champion high scores? Why are the Warriors red and yellow versus blue and yellow in the team selection? Same goes for the Knicks - blue and red versus blue and orange?
I'm also seeing a grayed out Bally's for a 1/2 second, then it goes to color.
Do you guys see this too, or maybe my settings are screwed up?
Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Grizzlies were an expansion team from Vancouver and their colours were green before switching their jerseys. As for the warriors and Knicks, those seem like mistakes. I see the grayed our Bally’s at the start too.

#475 3 years ago

Hey guys! If you want to watch someone stream NBA Fastbreak feel free to follow me at "JustAnotherPinball" on Twich. Here is a link to me beating the wizard mode last night. I've scored higher but this was the first time I got it on stream. Thanks for the support!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/632251135

#476 3 years ago

Does anyone have the file for the linked championship topper? If there isn't any NOS out there, maybe I could just get one printed. Thx!

#477 3 years ago

With my fully restored NBA Fastbreak, I am selling all the extra & removed parts, almost all are in good working condition. See the list below. Looking to help people out and re-coup some of the cost in a fair hobby type way.

I wanted to post here before anywhere else. Pricing (unless otherwise noted) is half of the new price (I can help locate if needed) plus $10 shipping as an estimate. Will go actual shipping cost if lower/smaller parts, slightly more for the bigger heavier items. Or make an offer, happy to help out. Listing out all the part numbers is quite tedious.

PM for prices, pictures, offers, more info, etc. Paypal via friend method (non-credit card so no fee) is the preferred payment method.

Original Lockbar with hole for shoot button
Receiver bar
Replacement shoot button
Player 1 assembly plastic and connector (have 2)
Player 2 assembly plastic and connector (2)
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector, plastic is in two pieces
Player 4 assembly plastic and connector
Player 1 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 assembly plastic
Player 1 coil and bracket assembly
Player 2 coil and bracket assembly
Player 3 coil and bracket assembly
Player 4 coil and bracket assembly
AE-29-2000 coils (2)
AE-29-2000 coils (2) New
Yellow square target switches on right side of playfield (4)
Purple three pointer target switches (3)
Tilt assembly
Left ramp and round to the basket
Center ramp
shot clock glass backboard
red flasher cover
white flasher cover (2)
blue flasher cover (3)
4 legs and levelers
4 yellow cabinet protectors
cabinet interior leg brackets (4)
Side rails chrome
Side rails black glass holders
Original DMD Display
Speaker grills (2)
Wire white/gray 30' 22awg
Slingshot coil and assemblies (2)
Playfield glass receiver under backbox
Magetic post and coil for ball hold under basket
Pop bumper light sockets (4)
Pop bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper coil and bracket assembly (3)
Jet bumper cap red outer and inner
Bracket and coil for diverter
Plastics (4)
Cabinet secure bar holders (2)
Reed switch under right ramp
Main Flippers all parts from complete replacement including buttons and opto switches
Backglass translite (2)
Backbox black frame pieces (4)
Backbox basketball
Backbox old clear pieces
Backbox light sockets
Playfield - $250+$25 shipping
Playfield handles (2)
Playfield hanger (2)
misc small pieces if you're looking for anything in particular....

1 week later
#478 3 years ago

Can someone post pics of the left ramp diverter in the down position? I’m getting tons of rejects on mine and wanted to make sure mines setup right.

Thanks!

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can someone post pics of the left ramp diverter in the down position? I’m getting tons of rejects on mine and wanted to make sure mines setup right.
Thanks!

Here you go Chuck!

5911C4E8-8613-431B-8A6A-B6B6FB643C92 (resized).jpeg5911C4E8-8613-431B-8A6A-B6B6FB643C92 (resized).jpeg
#480 3 years ago

Thanks. Anyway to get a straight on view of it too? I want to see if mine is sitting low enough. Might have to take the glass off to get that angle. Appreciate it!

#481 3 years ago

My diverter was getting caught on the plastic. Fixed that and it seems to be much better. Thanks again !

#482 3 years ago

Hi guys! Anyone in the MA/CT area looking to sell their Fastbreak?

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My diverter was getting caught on the plastic. Fixed that and it seems to be much better. Thanks again !

So you don't need the extra pic now?

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So you don't need the extra pic now?

Nope. I should be good. Thanks though!

#485 3 years ago

Hello everyone. Joined the club a few days ago. Just a bad diode on player #4 bulb and the ball launch switch was the wrong way so the lockbar wouldn’t fully lock and the switch was shorting sometimes but fixed those and all good. Fun game.
I do have a question I found in the thread that didn’t seem to get a solid answer. When lifting the translite? or whatever it’s called in this case, there is something fighting it getting it up over the speaker panel. The lock is definitely cleared but it feels like maybe near where the flipper solenoid is. I (never again) tried removing with the game on when I first got it fired up and whatever happened back there caused a reset. Lifted again and another reset. Powered down and finally got it out but every time is a chore. Wondering if there is a secret way to get it out I’m missing? I’m a little worried if something is hitting back there I’ll break of a capacitor or something.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Hello everyone. Joined the club a few days ago. Just a bad diode on player #4 bulb and the ball launch switch was the wrong way so the lockbar wouldn’t fully lock and the switch was shorting sometimes but fixed those and all good. Fun game.
I do have a question I found in the thread that didn’t seem to get a solid answer. When lifting the translite? or whatever it’s called in this case, there is something fighting it getting it up over the speaker panel. The lock is definitely cleared but it feels like maybe near where the flipper solenoid is. I (never again) tried removing with the game on when I first got it fired up and whatever happened back there caused a reset. Lifted again and another reset. Powered down and finally got it out but every time is a chore. Wondering if there is a secret way to get it out I’m missing? I’m a little worried if something is hitting back there I’ll break of a capacitor or something.

Can you take a picture of the front and back of your translite? Especially where the molding on the edges meets the translite? I suspect you may have the wrong molding on it. I have had a couple with the wrong molding and the behavior is as you describe.

There is a specific thicker molding that isn't as tall, that is needed for this translite and tub.

#487 3 years ago

So on further inspection after work, the solenoid on the back box flipper has a rubber protector of some sort that is coming against the cabinet audio amp at u6. You can see where’s it’s discolored.
It’s the correct solenoid on the flipper, thought maybe it was changed to larger. So it has to be forced and when I do get it on they are right up against each other. Little scary. I took a picture holding it with the speaker panel down.
Does what I have matchup with standard? Do you guys have clearance?

2C909792-D20C-455C-9DE9-29EA39864EF9 (resized).jpeg2C909792-D20C-455C-9DE9-29EA39864EF9 (resized).jpegB14C292D-9C5D-4A4C-A027-196A4F68DEF2 (resized).jpegB14C292D-9C5D-4A4C-A027-196A4F68DEF2 (resized).jpegE2AA869D-262C-4F1F-98A0-25A51F093664 (resized).jpegE2AA869D-262C-4F1F-98A0-25A51F093664 (resized).jpeg
#488 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

So on further inspection after work, the solenoid on the back box flipper has a rubber protector of some sort that is coming against the cabinet audio amp at u6. You can see where’s it’s discolored.
It’s the correct solenoid on the flipper, thought maybe it was changed to larger. So it has to be forced and when I do get it on they are right up against each other. Little scary. I took a picture holding it with the speaker panel down.
Does what I have matchup with standard? Do you guys have clearance?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't cracked open my fastbreak to compare, but looking at your photos, I would spin the coil 180 so your lugs are up by the middle of the mech.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I haven't cracked open my fastbreak to compare, but looking at your photos, I would spin the coil 180 so your lugs are up by the middle of the mech.

The manual is showing the orientation that I am describing...

Screenshot_20200608-213223 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200608-213223 (resized).png
#490 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I would spin the coil 180 so your lugs are up by the middle of the mech.

Thanks. I hadn’t notice that. I flipped it and it goes in easier. When removing the coil does still hit the amplifier but it’s manageable. Just got to remember to not do it with the game on.

Played a game and nothing blew up. Did have a weird quirk. I got to trophy multiball and I thought it is a timed mode but it just kept going. Stopped kicking balls out but let me keep playing with one. Once it drained it stayed in trophy sounds and lights. Did a ball search but never timed out. Weird. I’ll start it up tomorrow evening and see what happens.

#491 3 years ago

Just finished putting a LED ColorDMD in my Fastbreak. Looks great!

I could do with the clubs help on one issue with my machine. The high power coils tend buzz loudly when they are held on. This is particularly noticeable with the left loop diverter, but loop gate and right loop diverter buzz too.

I guessing this is because the 50V solenoid power is not very well smoothed. My question is this normal?? The 50V solenoid is only smoothed with a small 100uF capacitor. This does not seem a lot for these large coils! Before I start replacing capacitor or rectification diodes I am wondering whether they are in fact at fault or just the physical design of the left loop diverter mean the buzz is easily heard.

What do you all think?

#492 3 years ago

My game does the same thing. No idea If it’s normal.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from dayrover:

Just finished putting a LED ColorDMD in my Fastbreak. Looks great!
I could do with the clubs help on one issue with my machine. The high power coils tend buzz loudly when they are held on. This is particularly noticeable with the left loop diverter, but loop gate and right loop diverter buzz too.
I guessing this is because the 50V solenoid power is not very well smoothed. My question is this normal?? The 50V solenoid is only smoothed with a small 100uF capacitor. This does not seem a lot for these large coils! Before I start replacing capacitor or rectification diodes I am wondering whether they are in fact at fault or just the physical design of the left loop diverter mean the buzz is easily heard.
What do you all think?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

My game does the same thing. No idea If it’s normal.

Sounds crazy but it works,
Replace the coil retaining bracket.
Or swap it with one from the passing coils (they dont get held on as long so they wont hum)
https://www.pinballlife.com/coil-retaining-bracket.html

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from dayrover:

The high power coils tend buzz loudly when they are held on.

On mine I just got there was a loud buzz and could feel it in the lockbar. I noticed it only happened when the right diverter was held. I also noticed that it was short of the coil stop when down. Took the bracket off and it was bent. Not at a 90 with the playfield but was close. Bent the bracket a little so it was straight and it moved easier by hand after that and it went all the way to the stop and no more buzz now.
First time that happened to me but make sure things are straight and tightened down. Fixed it in my case.

#495 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the help guys. I’ll take a look at mine. I feel mine needs a shop job soon so I’ll be getting to know my game a lot better soon enough.

#496 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll take a look at the coil bracket and see if I can stop it buzzing.

#497 3 years ago

Buzzing is just a sign of wear. Most of the time it is the plunger mushrooming I think vid talks about in his flipper guide.

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Buzzing is just a sign of wear. Most of the time it is the plunger mushrooming I think vid talks about in his flipper guide.

The plunger base?
It is a diverter, not a normal plunger.
The base either bends the retainer or wears enough of a ring in the retainer due to being held in that position and vibrating to cause the hum.

#499 3 years ago

So I am having no luck with the ball coming down from the pop bumper.... moved around the ball guides many different way, even redid some screw holes but still nothing consistent. I have tried dead bounce foam strip in different spot but it either get the ball stuck or drop off...

I am surprise no one has made a better fix for it... what's the best recommendations?

#500 3 years ago

I’ve just lived with the fact that about 10% of the time that feed is gonna kill me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/10?hl=y3ag3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.