• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinJer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys,

Attached is a video showing that string 3,4,&5 of my General illumination is not working. It was earlier this morning but I have been messing with the fuses this may be causing it. Not only that, but my opto switch on my left loop does not register, nor the middle ramp, and the shot clock and magnet do not work. They were all working fine a few days ago? Any suggestions?

#2 9 years ago

That's a weird one. It's definitely not a fuse. When a fuse goes, it doesn't come back randomly. I would throw my vote at the motor. Is there a relay board that the motor connects to? It could also be a sticking relay. I've had an issue with an intermittent motor before. It wasn't the motor, it ended up being the relay mounted on the board that the motor connects to. Of course, I found all of this out after I already replaced the $100 motor.

#3 9 years ago

Post edited by PinJer

#6 9 years ago

Williams used EFI controller boards on most (if not all) of their motors ...

These have large copper coils on them, and they're prone to breaking.

First thing you should do is check for cracks where the coil connects to the PCB, and simply resolder it if so.

#8 9 years ago

Can you try to test the defender mech in test mode, and possibly with the playfield slightly raised, to see if it works and if not, what may be holding it up? Could there be a wire shorting?

#11 9 years ago

Someone else will probably have a better idea of what is causing this, but in the meantime, I would try to diagnose the problem by seeing what works in test mode. For the pops, test the coils and then if they work, test the switches. Same for the coils and switches on the shooters (are you sure the shooter coils are popping on startup and not the pass coils?). If coils are dead, check wire connections and fuses to start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fast-break-paranormal-defender-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.