8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Anim8ormatt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have a buyer that lives in an apartment that is thinking about shipping a pin. My question is will they carry it up the stairs and into the apartment for him? I will call NAVL later just thought I would ask if anyone knew first. Thanks

#2 8 years ago

I am pretty sure they will say no, I believe they have a no stairs policy. But the right tip for the driver and the answer might become yes. Problem is figuring out how to find out if your driver will be open to bribery before it's sitting in the lobby of the apt complex...

#3 8 years ago

Had a feeling that would be the case...I am going to have the seller contact NAVL to confirm

#4 8 years ago

If they are union, I don't think any amount of tip is gonna get them to break their no stair policy. If such a policy does exist.

#5 8 years ago

Not true. I tipped them $20 and had them take a pin down stairs for me. Maybe they did it because it was down and not up, but it is possible.

Quoted from captainadam_21:

If they are union, I don't think any amount of tip is gonna get them to break their no stair policy. If such a policy does exist.

#6 8 years ago

What did I say that is not true? ^^

I said IF they are union then a tip wouldn't work. But it appears that they are not union from the few seconds of research I did. They appear to be a privately owned company. So, a tip may work.

#7 8 years ago

NAVL can arrange for it, but it's a big extra expense to move it up or down from the ground level. Basically when they arrange the drop off, they'll send a 2 or 3 man crew on the truck, rather than a single driver. The guys that come with the driver will be furniture movers, and they'll probably be working on a $100/hour rate, with an hour minimum charge. Typically it's only 10-15 minutes to move a machine, so it'll probably be $100 extra, but NAVL could choose to mark that price up.

If they won't set that up, your options are always to call movers yourself and have them show up after the delivery to move the machine. If the buyer really wants the game, and they want to ensure that it makes it to the right room safely, it could be worth their time and money to call movers.

#8 8 years ago

With Michelle--of STI, a division of NAVL--the surcharge is $100 per floor per location.

So if your buyer is on the 3rd floor they're going to ding him for $200.

Cha ching.

Also why I've passed on a couple of titles owned by sellers who refuse to bring their games from their basements to their first floors.

#9 8 years ago

Yeah...at that rate you might as well have it delivered to the ground floor and call some local movers yourself.

#10 8 years ago

I helped a friend move a BTTF pin upstairs in his house once. I will never do that again. NEVER.

Johnny

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from thebrave:

I helped a friend move a BTTF pin upstairs in his house once. I will never do that again. NEVER.

Johnny

It's not hard if you have an appliance dolly. If you have one, it's easy going either up or down with a single helper. Moving one by hand without a good dolly is a nightmare, however.

#12 8 years ago

The whole post was a junk post. "If they are union, and I have no idea if they are, they wouldn't break a policy in which I have no idea or knowledge if it exists or not."

Lots of good answers in this thread, a tip worked for me, and we got the official answer.

Quoted from captainadam_21:

What did I say that is not true? ^^

I said IF they are union then a tip wouldn't work. But it appears that they are not union from the few seconds of research I did. They appear to be a privately owned company. So, a tip may work.

#13 8 years ago

Also, check with local hardware stores or equipment rental places. I know the hardware store down the street from me rents motorized stair climbing dollies for $10/hr, $50 max per day.

Also, I loan my Escalera out all the time, check with some local pinheads. I know of 1 or 2 local guys who have one that they would loan out.

Quoted from thebrave:

Johnny

#14 8 years ago

Bribery usually works on humans that like cash, union or no union.

#15 8 years ago

If you can have 2 guys on each end (4 total) it is not crazy. Not fun but not too bad either. Cost is usually few beers for each of them. I have had to do it twice so far but once I get another pin I am being moved to the garage so that will make it a lot easier. Having a good dolly that won't tear up carpet on the stairs may also be an option.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

Also why I've passed on a couple of titles owned by sellers who refuse to bring their games from their basements to their first floors.

I have my pins in a finished basement and there is no way I would let anyone else bring a machine up from there. If I sell one it will be brought up by me. I use an appliance dolly and one helper. More than that just get in the way. Strap it to the dolly and go. I keep looking at the stair climbing dollies and think I could do it alone but they cost too much.

#17 8 years ago

I just love that my pins are in an easily accessible garage

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 14.95
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 6,999.00
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside