(Topic ID: 65406)

NAVL STI shipping discount for 2 or more at once?

By gtown

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinbum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I've heard that shipping multiple pins doesn't add much to the price of the 1st but haven't heard exactly how much less it is.

Anyone had experience with adding a 2nd or 3rd to know how cheap it is?

#2 10 years ago

Yes, it's not much more - like 10-15% IIRC.

#3 10 years ago

Yes, usually two is $400-$450

#4 10 years ago

Shipping 1 or 2 is the same price.

#5 10 years ago

NAVL adds about 40 bucks for the second

#6 10 years ago

Thanks, everyone that's great news!

#7 10 years ago

For reference, the quote I got for Leesburg, VA to Austin, TX (not counting a surcharge for a stair carry) is:

1-$366.40
    2-$455.60
    3-$637.20

Two other recent quotes for one pin to Austin:

From Palm Harbor, FL: $369.10
    From San Francisco, CA: $397.64

These include wrapping at the start (after the seller folds down the backbox) and carrying out/in at ground level.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

Yes, usually two is $400-$450

STI has really gone up. I've not had a quote from them under $400 for one in a year. I guess it is probably less if you are in a larger city for ease in shipping.

#9 10 years ago

I just shipped one from NC and STI was $442.00

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

I just shipped one from NC and STI was $442.00

Wow I shipping from SC with STI three weeks ago and it was $530.

#11 10 years ago

Yeah, the are getting pricier overall I feel like too. Probably some union dues went up, who knows.

2 weeks later
    #12 10 years ago

Yeah, I'm done shipping if at all possible, it's getting a little too pricey. And to Vector it depends how accessible the city is it's coming from and going to, however, $530 sounds like highway robbery....

#13 10 years ago

Well....and frankly they suck.

I have used them twice, once to ship a game to me and once to pick up Gtown's games.

in the first example, they never showed up when I had taken a day off for them to deliver, then on redelivery the second time, they were 5 hours late.

in the second example, they were to call me an hour before so I could meet them at the house. I got a call from my neighbor saying there has been a truck and guys hanging out near it for 2 hours in front of my house. Well, that was STI...they never called me to tell me they were there.

Will avoid using them in the future, regardless of cost.

Michelle is great with communication when setting things up. Funny how she falls off the face of the earth when something goes wrong.

#14 10 years ago

Just had 2 games delivered for $460 and got a quote for a single game at $419.

Still not thrilled with the idea of having games shipped with the legs on.

#15 10 years ago

I wish I could find two pins at the same location to get a discount.

So far in the last month with STI:

Calbassas CA to Jessup MD distrubution center ~ $510.33

Loveland Co to Jessup MD distrubution center ~ $429.73

Middletown NJ to Jessup MD distrubution center ~ $406.40

Of course those prices include the additional insurance for the game sale value, not minimum coverage.

#16 10 years ago

and beware my brother Skins.....

NAVL organized it, STI in Jessup did the rest. STI in Jessup is worthless. They are the ones that did the delivery and pick up of my games.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

and beware my brother Skins.....
    NAVL organized it, STI in Jessup did the rest. STI in Jessup is worthless. They are the ones that did the delivery and pick up of my games.

Oh trust me I know. I had a small meltdown last week on the office manager. I usually pay by cc for shipping. Never got around to it on my last shipment so I brought cash. Guy was going to give me my pin without me paying. I reminded him I had not paid yet. I proceed to pay. She tells me, I can't break a $20, you have to go down the street and break it or eat $11. Now $11 isn't an issue but considering it was my second trip there in 3 weeks and I live near Winchester (2hr drive) I was incensed. She's going to "mail me a check". Not holding my breath.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Michelle is great with communication when setting things up. Funny how she falls off the face of the earth when something goes wrong.

My recent experience as well--still waiting to hear from Michelle or Judy.

#19 10 years ago

NAVL sucks! I had an AFM delivered from the west coast to Chicago and they broke the trans light glass and dented the side rails. The two guys who delivered said it wasnt there fault. I called NAVL and they said they would email a claim form and they sent me jack sh**. I will never work with them again. Good luck and beware.

#20 10 years ago

It doesnt matter if you call Navl, Precision Transportation,STI,Beltman Group are what ever company to deliver your pinball. The machine still gets handled by the same idiots at all the docks on the way to you ,it could be up to 5 different ones. It seems they are all the same company just different names.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/navl-sti-shipping-discount-for-2-or-more-at-once and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.