(Topic ID: 207804)

NAVL / STI: Breach of Contract Yet Again, Beware

By jzdziarski

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180309_172709 (resized).jpg
    unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago

This is why I go get my games myself. Don't have to worry about/deal with any middleman, and I get the game WHEN I WANT IT. Sure, might be a 5-8 hour drive each way, but I know when I'm getting my game, and I know what condition it is before it moves at all. Those peaces of mind are worth it to me.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Do u REALLY think that is always an option? Logistics prevent people from going to get their games(or ANY object) themselves. How far are you willing to travel before shipping is a viable option? (If u say that you will only buy locally then that really don't add to the thread.)

Sure do. I drive 8+ hours each way for each game. When I lived in Ohio, I traveled to Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and to the border of New Jersey. Every machine I've bought has come from a Pinsider, so I could practically give you the names of each Pinsider from each of those states who I have traveled to to get my games.

Hell, WeirPinball even commented on how he is appreciative of my efforts of driving for each game I get (a tongue and cheek way of saying I am nuts for how far I drive for each game) right here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-sale-in-ohio-right-now/page/42#post-3390868

Since I've lived here in Florida, I drove to Louisiana and back - 10 hours each way - for CFTBL.

So, yep, driving each way to get my game(s) works just fine for me. Unless I'm dealing with GEX/Tilt/Gap/LSoG, etc where insurance on the game keeps my wallet safe, I'm making the drive.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

How many children do you have?
    I’ve got two & life is short so I’m unlikely to squander my time on driving.
    To some folks time & leisure is the ultimate currency so shipping is required.
    I agree with you however that it is a risk. One that I too try to avoid.

I am the bonus parent of a 5 yr old who I am calling my son as I wed his mom later this year.

I love dead beat dads that screw and run. Gives those who have their act, life, and shit together the opportunity to make someone else's life better, as well as their child.

I waited 1 month to go get CFTBL because I had to coordinate the timing around when her son would be with his "real father". Guy has 3 kids, each with a different woman, no job, and is a "dependapotomous" to a reserve member that he is now married to. While we were getting CFTBL, we did a FaceTime video chat to her son. His real father was playing video games, making his son sit there and watch him.

So, yep, I work my schedule around my adopted son. Service before self.

Sorry to be preachy. I just loathe people who screw, have a kid, and run from the responsibility and consequences of their actions.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/navl-sti-breach-of-contract-yet-again-beware?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.