(Topic ID: 207804)

NAVL / STI: Breach of Contract Yet Again, Beware

By jzdziarski

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180309_172709 (resized).jpg
    unknown (resized).jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

I see what the problem is...

unknown (resized).jpgunknown (resized).jpg

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Call Fast Eddie next time!

I'll second this. Eddie has been delivering games for decades and treats the games like gold. He's also cheaper than shipping companies. He's based in New York and will travel substantial distances. He's probably picked up a dozen games for me, the last being a midway white lightning which is not a small game. His number is 518 366 4569.

#53 6 years ago

they screwed my delivery up called me 2 days before scheduled delivery asked if they could deliver, I told them I was gonna be out of town till scheduled delivery date. 12 hrs later i get a call from driver saying they were at my house with the game when nobody was home. So I sat around all day waiting on them on set date, and they didn't even put game back on the truck. So I had to lay off work and it cost me $900 to get my game. Well driver forgot to collect payment on delivery. Now I'm getting calls from them saying they expect full payment. I ain't paying full payment when contract was broken and I had to lay off work again for their stupidity. they will get monthly payments of $100

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

This. Dallas guys are pretty good

I can vouch for this as well. In fact, two of the three times I've shipped games, it was the same driver in the truck that came to pick them up and he remembered me like 2 years later because of the odd location and it being pinball! Nice guy. I wrap my games before shipment, so I can't speak to that part, but every game I've shipped out has been fine.

#55 6 years ago

My situation was finally cleared , I insisted on a call 2 days prior to delivery bit never happened. But the machine did reach destination in one piece.

Was there a Brian that delivered around the Chicago area and took games along the east coast.

#56 6 years ago

Wow. That's terrible

What really sucks is if they lose your machine...or damage it to the point of a total loss. STI will only pay 65% of the value and not reimburse you for the shipping charges either...this is their 'policy'

I found this out the hard way. Needless to say I don't use them anymore.

They destroy the Genie we bought. Game cost us 1k and 400ish to ship...total $1400. We got $650 because the game was a total loss

Quoted from jzdziarski:

Just called to tell me they can't locate it in the warehouse- how do you lose a 300lb pinball table?

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

I miss some guy named Dennis. If I remember correctly, the last game I had delivered I left an envelope and some soda/water the garage fridge and when I got home that day my new Elvira was there.
    My favorite was several years earlier. Oshkosh Ron parked in the middle of my two lane residential street. Since it was a nice, quiet street he emptied the semi and rearranged his truck for his next pickups and deliveries. There must have been 50 games spread out all over the road while he tried to tie names and games to deliveries. Took him a few hours and pissed most of my retiree-aged neighbors. The truck was much too tall, and took down tree branches as he drove down the road.
    Ron delivered nationwide $100 per game in 1990.

"Ledod''s" Special Delivery may be closed, but he is active on pinside.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Wow. That's terrible
    What really sucks is if they lose your machine...or damage it to the point of a total loss. STI will only pay 65% of the value and not reimburse you for the shipping charges either...this is their 'policy'
    I found this out the hard way. Needless to say I don't use them anymore.
    They destroy the Genie we bought. Game cost us 1k and 400ish to ship...total $1400. We got $650 because the game was a total loss

Insurance COmpaNies are your friend, until something goes wrong......

#59 6 years ago

Have shipped and received with Michele and STI over10 times and she has been fantastic. STI on the other hand has made some of the experiences a pain in the ass. They have missed the pick up date a few times, damaged a couple of my walls, and lost a box with a topper and the coin box in it that was strapped and wrapped to the top and had a matching shipping sticker on it. They just picked up a MET, IM, and SOF and after reading this thread I'll be crossing my fingers until I hear from the recipients.

#60 6 years ago

Eddie doesnt go any further south than VA unfortunately

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

"Ledod''s" Special Delivery may be closed, but he is active on pinside.

Yep, Left that part out so he doesn’t get a hundred emails asking for a shipping quote.

#62 6 years ago

I have used STI a lot (shipped over 30 Games). I always buy insurance. I had them pickup and shipped two pins and a box of toppers, flyers, manuals etc from North Carolina. They lost the box and did not wrap either game. They said when they picked up they would wrap back at their facility. They would not pay anything just years of reviewing. Very bad and unethical company. If you have a problem you are screwed with them. Do not accept. That was my issue even though we noted issues before i signed. My local shipper was even helping trying to do the right thing. Lost my business. CRST is who owns them and does the claims. The amount I paid on insurance has been huge over the years. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!

3 weeks later
    #63 6 years ago

Recently used STI for shipping and the machine has been delayed over five weeks because a complete lack of communication on the part of the local shipping company that picked up the machine in Michigan. I called STI several times to get them to contact that shipper to get things straight and ended up having to contact that company myself. On the day of delivery I receive no phone call so I call them and find out they tried to call twice but kept getting a busy signal the week before. That was odd and it turns out they had the wrong number- off by one digit but of course they didn't try and double check by calling STI/CRST or wherever they got the contract info. I then asked the guy on the phone to repeat back to the delivery address and it too was incorrect.
    Less than impressed.

3 weeks later
    #64 6 years ago

I got my machine on Friday last week damaged, I pointed it the damage to the driver and he said it was already notated. However, what was notated that there was a scratch mark on the front. Long story short, I called STI, now they're saying that I should have detailed it on the BOL. I may get nothing for a dropped cabinet....Frankly, I'm madder at myself, I should have stopped the driver (he was in a hurry) and called STI on the spot. I've shipped over a dozen games with them I figured they would take care of it. Lesson learned.

20180309_172709 (resized).jpg20180309_172709 (resized).jpg

#65 6 years ago

I have a delivery coming tomorrow that I shipped through STI. I've shipped A TON of pinball machines, both in and out over the years. STI is actually pretty good, but the quality of experience that you have depends largely what your local delivery company is like. I've had less than stellar experiences with the final delivery, so I often will opt to pick up at the terminal, but I know that's not always an option for others or even myself.

I have a game coming tomorrow that should be coming today, simply because the person who called to set up my final delivery yesterday called at 7:30 in the morning, while I was showering. I immediately called back and left a message. 3 hours later, I called again (left a second message). I tried calling two more times throughout the day, and could never get the person back on the phone. I finally got a response this morning, and the game *should* be delivered tomorrow.

They also almost always miss their delivery window and they're supposed to call 30 minutes ahead of delivery, but I bet that call actually comes about 1 out of every 5 deliveries. I work about 20 minutes from home, so if they give me a heads up, I can get home and not have my wife need to deal with a game being dropped off. Often I'll get a call, "uh, we're at your house and nobody is here. We can wait a few minutes, but we need to go and get the rest of our deliveries done." So I'm either dashing out of the office or trying to find out if my wife is nearby and can get home. At times they've left and I've had to reschedule for the following day. This drives me crazy, because it doesn't need to be like this.

If you can, always opt for terminal pickup. If you can't, just know that if the final delivery experience is rough, it might not be STI to blame.

#66 6 years ago

sti just plain sucks, piss poor management!

#67 6 years ago

You don't get white glove service with general freight trucking companies as all that pinball machine to them is just another piece of freight and even the best packaged item can get damaged either by a forklift or a hard braking incident while in route where it bangs into other freight etc. Along with noting damage on the bol (bill of lading) before you sign off ask the driver if he has an o.s.d form (overage,shortage,damage) fill that out and have the driver sign it

#68 6 years ago

I've had lots of games delivered by them with no whammies. Just received one yesterday in fact. The quality of delivery is only as good as your local STI endpoint who is usually a subcontractor acting as an agent of STI. If I received a game that looked damaged or beat I'd refuse delivery or I'd open it up on the spot. Driver can wait all damn day at that point.

In my case I have a steep, windy driveway so I always tell them no trucks over 24' and they always send a truck over 24' so the driver has to lug the machine up my driveway on a dolly. Sucks to be him I guess.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/navl-sti-breach-of-contract-yet-again-beware/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.