2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C0EA2194-3F92-4379-A61B-89F076122C37 (resized).jpeg
    31CDB994-8F4A-4099-82B6-FE8858C1FC2A (resized).jpeg
    8883345B-D228-4F57-A6E6-9525EA6828EF (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I recently sold 2 EM machines that were "local pickup". That pickup will be from a shipper where all arrangements and responsibility will be the buyer's from the moment the machine is touched by the shipper. Works for me and the buyer. I believe the plan is Michelle at NAVL. I remember using Michelle 15 years ago, and not sure if or how things changed, but I remember never having a problem. I searched the forum using "NAVL" as the search term and most of what I found was from 4+ years ago.

Perhaps some of you have a recent experience.

I have my machines in a detached finished climate controlled garage. If I were the one doing the local pickup, I would pull up with my sprinter van, a dolly and my pinball dolly and a number of moving blankets and check it out, play it, then load it up.

In this case, as the seller planning for a shipper to be the one to do the local pickup, who I am assuming will not be wanting to first play the machine Haha, I was planning to prepare by detaching the heads removing the ball, removing the legs and wrap the legs, separately wrapping the bolts for the legs and head, and separately wrap the ball in bubble wrap and have the keys and wrapped ball in a zip lock bag.

I assume NAVL will come and they will know how to blanket vs wrap and protect and load the machines if I have them sitting on top of furniture blankets as described above right inside of the front of the garage door.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks.

#2 2 years ago

NAVL ships with the legs on. No need to take the head off either. They will wrap the machine. Normally they do a pretty good job wrapping. I’ve used them quite a few times with no problems, however, anything can happen when shipping a machine. I’ve been lucky but have heard quite a few horror stories.

#3 2 years ago

Fold the head down, and wrap yourself.
    Mixed bag if u let them do it.

#4 2 years ago

I dealt with Michelle last week and had a very good experience. Here is her contact information.

Michelle Bianchi

630-352-3312

877-432-2646

[email protected]

www.beltmannlogistics.com

As far as them shipping it with the legs on or off I believe it's up to whoever is paying for it. I personally am not a fan of legs on transportation and luckily the person I was buying the game from was willing to wrap it up very well and put it on a skid.

She also gave me the option of using my own insurance or theirs. I would definitely add insurance just in case.

#5 2 years ago

"Fold the head down, and wrap yourself."

These are Gottlieb EMs

#6 2 years ago

Michelle was not in today. The person I spoke to said I can choose to leave the legs on or take them off but suggested better for the legs to be off. Makes sense to me as that could leave to issues of stress on the attachment points. It was suggested I not wrap anything because they want to be able to take an inventory of what is being picked up and hard to tell if it is wrapped. They do the wrapping.

#7 2 years ago

I just shipped a couple of Gottlieb EM’s and a Playmatic New World EM without any issues with legs on and ball in the game ready for play. All I had to do was tape the keys for the front and back door to the playfield glass and they did the rest.

31CDB994-8F4A-4099-82B6-FE8858C1FC2A (resized).jpeg31CDB994-8F4A-4099-82B6-FE8858C1FC2A (resized).jpeg8883345B-D228-4F57-A6E6-9525EA6828EF (resized).jpeg8883345B-D228-4F57-A6E6-9525EA6828EF (resized).jpegC0EA2194-3F92-4379-A61B-89F076122C37 (resized).jpegC0EA2194-3F92-4379-A61B-89F076122C37 (resized).jpeg
    #8 2 years ago
    Quoted from jgelman:

"Fold the head down, and wrap yourself."
    These are Gottlieb EMs

You can still disconnect the head, fold it over, and wrap it.

This is my preferred way to ship games but I’ll do whatever the customer wants.

I’ve probably shipped 50 games with legs on over the years, only once was there an issue (a bent leg).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/navl-shipping-when-you-are-the-buyer-or-seller?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.