Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinbum
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    images.jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Hello,

I need to get a pin shipped from PA to CA, this is the first time I've arranged shipping for one so I gave NAVL a call as it seems to be the go-to. After speaking to them twice, once from a direct call and once from a quote callback, they have both told me they "no longer ship single items."

Can anyone else confirm this or offer me some guidance?

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Try instead calling Michelle Bianchi specifically, at Specialized.
    (630) 352-3312 or [email protected] .

#3 9 years ago

Did you talk to Michelle?

#4 9 years ago

Michelle Bianchi
    Precision Transportation Inc
    Toll Free 877-432-2646
    Direct 630-352-3312
    Fax 866-651-5919

#5 9 years ago

call STI NOT NAVL. 2 different companies. still will be very expensive

#6 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Shot Michelle an e-mail and will give a call on Monday.
    Hopefully I can work something out.

#7 9 years ago

Yeah, this happened to me too. Call Michelle! =]

#8 9 years ago

Just called friday, Arizona to Mass= $470.60 (ouch...but had to)

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yeah, I paid $480 from PA to CA recently, it's gotten pricey.

#10 9 years ago

pilot air is where it's at, provided the seller is willing to drop it off.

#11 9 years ago

try uship or get an actual freight account. there are better shipping rates out there. they are also safer being packed properly.

#12 9 years ago

pilot air doesnt have docks all over is the issue there. closest one to me is 2 hours away.
    now, fed ex freight or ups freight has docks all over the place per state.

#13 9 years ago

Does Amazon offer shipping services (yet)?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Does Amazon offer shipping services (yet)?

Can't wait to see the first pinball machine delivered by drone ...

#15 9 years ago

I don't know why people think this is a lot to ship a 200+ pound machine across the country. I had a moving company want to charge me $250 to move two machines down one flight of stairs to the basement. $470 across the country doesn't even make me blink. I just shipped out a machine to HEP for nearly that much from NJ to NC. Beats the crap out of driving it there myself.

#16 9 years ago

People consider only "cost", instead of "value vs cost".

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know why people think this is a lot to ship a 200+ pound machine across the country. I had a moving company want to charge me $250 to move two machines down one flight of stairs to the basement. $470 across the country doesn't even make me blink. I just shipped out a machine to HEP for nearly that much from NJ to NC. Beats the crap out of driving it there myself.

it's because of what they have historically been charging the last 5 years was significantly less.

with gas prices down this year, their 25% cost increase (compared to new value for that increase) is baffling

#18 9 years ago

They are still shipping single pins, it just feels like you're paying to ship 2.

#19 9 years ago

NAVL sold off their STI division in 2011, and it's STI that does the game shipping (still). Michelle works at Precision, which is a booking agent for STI. Folks who remember using NAVL (back when they still owned STI) sometimes still refer to it that way. But current NAVL is a lot more expensive, if they'll even do it.

3 games from East coast to MN was only $550 (last week) with STI. It's pretty cost effective if you can ship more than one game at the same time (two games is about the same as one). Going full coast to coast is always a bit more (~$100).

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

NAVL sold off their STI division in 2011, and it's STI that does the game shipping (still). Michelle works at Precision, which is a booking agent for STI. Folks who remember using NAVL (back when they still owned STI) sometimes still refer to it that way. But current NAVL is a lot more expensive, if they'll even do it.
    3 games from East coast to MN was only $550 (last week) with STI. It's pretty cost effective if you can ship more than one game at the same time (two games is about the same as one). Going full coast to coast is always a bit more (~$100).

Congrats on the shipping savings! Unfortunately, it always seems that THE game I've been looking for forever shows up as a lone offering. Cha-Ching!

#21 9 years ago

because they are shipping full trucks of merchandise, not just one item....and because it used to be half of what they charge now..... when gas was more expensive..
    lastly, i can ship coast to coast for under $200 with my freight account, and it arrives in 1 to 4 days pending which state.

if you buy a em or SS game for $500..and shipping is also near $500. kills a lot of deals.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

it's because of what they have historically been charging the last 5 years was significantly less.
    with gas prices down this year, their 25% cost increase (compared to new value for that increase) is baffling

Oh...sorry. Didn't know that. Yes, that pisses me off with my Poland Spring "oil and fuel surcharge" which magically got renamed when gas prices dropped.

#23 9 years ago

Considering the service that STI provides compared to traditional shippers, the price is not that bad. You have to consider that normally, freight is wrapped or strapped on a pallet. There is also normally a $50 additional fee if the pickup or drop off is a residence, and another $75 for a lift gate. Sometimes these fees may be combined. A more traditional company only needs 1 driver at pickup, and 1 driver at drop off. STI always has 2 people to move the machine. STI also puts pads on the machine, and it takes considerably more labor at drop off and pickup. Many people have had issues with STI's packing, but I have used them 6 or 7 times without an issue.
    I do remember 1 time when I needed STI to pickup an arcade machine from a location that could not accommodate a 53' trailer, and that came with a $300+ surcharge on top of the regular freight charge. On that occasion, I was not too happy, but other then that, they provide a service that no other freight companies want to.

#24 9 years ago

Worth every penny to me. The guys bring the game around back and carry it in to my basement . Bam it's done. No travel, breakdown of machine etc. just unwrap and play!

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Worth every penny to me. The guys bring the game around back and carry it in to my basement . Bam it's done. No travel, breakdown of machine etc. just unwrap and play!

That is if your machine arrives in one piece.

#26 9 years ago

Out of curiosity, what about shipping from the US into Canada ? Cost ? Anything need to be done to get it across the border ? If anyone has any experience in this situation, please post your story. Thanks

#27 9 years ago

I have always been a fan of NAVL or STI. have used them several times. The price has steadily risen and it's not outrageous and the delivery guys are always nice (which gets them a good tip) but the last couple of times the game was in transit so long (a month) that the games were a but worse for wear. I'm glad I'm out of space so I don't have more games shipped in. Not sure I wouldn't look for a another option.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dricks:

Out of curiosity, what about shipping from the US into Canada ? Cost ? Anything need to be done to get it across the border ? If anyone has any experience in this situation, please post your story. Thanks

Be prepared to pay a hefty customs fee and have lots of headaches with the machine being held up at the border. I'd ship to Europe before I'd ever ship to Canada again. Fill out the actual price you paid and make sure there is a receipt from a reputable source to back it up, or you'll be dealing with them trying to say the machine is a lot more valuable than it is. As far as actual shipping cost, it is about the same as the prices you've seen floating around in this thread (plus customs charges).

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dricks:

I'd be interested also.

Thanks

#30 9 years ago

I purchased a pin in Michigan about 2 months ago and it wasn't too bad bringing it across the border. I had to pay tax ( 13% here in Ontario ) but no duty. I have seen some nice pins that are kinda far to drive ( 10-12 hours away ) so I was wondering if its not much more money just to have it shipped.

#31 9 years ago

I have been quoted prices from STI to and from Canada and I did not think it was bad. I have had tons of other freight shipped into and from Canada. There is just basically 1 page documentation that is needed stating country of origin. In my experience, it is maybe $75 more expensive then a shipment going the same distance within the states. STI generally picks up within a week of being contracted, and delivers in about another week, depending on the distance. It may take a few extra days, or possibly a week longer to or from Canada. STI makes the process easy for you.

#32 9 years ago

Thanks Capitol for the info. Now I just need the Canadian dollar to climb back up against the US greenback. Currently its around $1.28 CAD to buy $1.00 US.

#33 9 years ago

I have shipped several machines through CEVA and never paid more then $200, I drop at depot, they pallet, wrap and tag, they ship and deliver to curb with a lift gate truck. $400-500 is expensive, look around a bit more first

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

That is if your machine arrives in one piece.

Exactly. It's not like they don't have a history of putting forklifts through the sides of the machines. It's happened to a game I received, and to two I have shipped. They also destroyed a Bally Hot Doggin'. They're good when they're good, and BAD when they're bad. (They also make you jump through major hoops for a claim, even if it's obviously their fault)

Understandable for when fuel was higher, but it's a load of crap when ''people'' chime in that the price is just fine.
    If the price was just fine, then you wouldn't be hearing everyone bitch in the for sale threads
    ''wish I was closer, shipping kills it''

#35 9 years ago

Could always try U Ship...

images.jpgimages.jpg
    #36 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

images.jpg

i looked into using them back in 2011, but they were about $75 more than STI.
    haven't tried them recently, but might be worth it again just to compare.
    believe the company is located here in downtown austin. mostly just software & sales, then use indi drivers to bid and do the delivery.

#37 9 years ago

Exactly. It's not like they don't have a history of putting forklifts through the sides of the machines. It's happened to a game I received, and to two I have shipped. They also destroyed a Bally Hot Doggin'. They're good when they're good, and BAD when they're bad. (They also make you jump through major hoops for a claim, even if it's obviously their fault)
    Understandable for when fuel was higher, but it's a load of crap when ''people'' chime in that the price is just fine.
    If the price was just fine, then you wouldn't be hearing everyone bitch in the for sale threads
    ''wish I was closer, shipping kills it''

How is this any different than any other shipper? They're *all* this way. It's not like my Jackbot was magically invlunerable to idiots with forklifts because it was on a pallet...no, it got dumped off, put back on a broken pallet upside down on the head, and filled with glass.. and yes, waiting on the claim sucked.

Stern NIBs show up with holes in the games pretty frequently too, again, on a pallet...

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

How is this any different than any other shipper? They're *all* this way. It's not like my Jackbot was magically invlunerable to idiots with forklifts because it was on a pallet...no, it got dumped off, put back on a broken pallet upside down on the head, and filled with glass.. and yes, waiting on the claim sucked.
    Stern NIBs show up with holes in the games pretty frequently too, again, on a pallet...

Uship is not like this.

I've shipped over 100 arcade and pins combined. Out of all the shippers I used - NAVL was the only one I had issues with.

@James, can't believe that f**cked up that Hot doggin'! *idiots*

Now, you know why I was specific on shipping went I purchased that pin from you.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

images.jpg

I wouldn't let this guy ship my turd to the toilet haha.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Uship is not like this.
    I've shipped over 100 arcade and pins combined. Out of all the shippers I used - NAVL was the only one I had issues with.
    @James, can't believe that f**cked up that Hot doggin'! *idiots*
    Now, you know why I was specific on shipping went I purchased that pin from you.

Hotdoggin' is not the easiest of pins to get as you know, and the buyer had this and a nice Future Spa shipped to him. Future Spa survived, but Hotdoggin' was laying on its side when they opened the rear trailer doors. Backbox smashed, mint backglass smashed. Pretty much check mate as for the glass, and they dragged it on from what I hear.

Maybe their price increase has more to do with hiring incompetents doing serious damage-claims, and less to do with gas prices.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Code_Blue:

pilot air is where it's at, provided the seller is willing to drop it off.

I 2nd Pilot Air. I have used them on several occasions. They are more affordable but it's terminal to terminal, not door to door.

#42 9 years ago

With Pilot, do you need to bring a machine already palleted? Or will they do that at the terminal?

What about the receivng end? Do you need a truck capable of carrying a pallet or can you transfer a machine to a pickup or wagon?

#43 9 years ago

They pallet it for you. The last time I dropped off in Allentown Leigh high Valley Air port they actually supplied me with card board and shrink wrap. When I pick machines up the that location the fork lift it to my truck, remove the pallet and use the fork lift to place it in the bed of my truck. I have used them 4 times to ship and once to pick up.

3 months later
    #44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dricks:

Thanks Capitol for the info. Now I just need the Canadian dollar to climb back up against the US greenback. Currently its around $1.28 CAD to buy $1.00 US.

CEVA told me they do not do personal items, only business

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

They pallet it for you. The last time I dropped off in Allentown Leigh high Valley Air port they actually supplied me with card board and shrink wrap. When I pick machines up the that location the fork lift it to my truck, remove the pallet and use the fork lift to place it in the bed of my truck. I have used them 4 times to ship and once to pick up.

the VA office can ship, even door to door but they do not insure people while the OH office told us they can only ship pin in a create without insurance for a very hefty amount...

always hard to ship a machine cross country

#45 8 years ago

Easy. Call Michelle. Say several prayers. Done. Hopefully, the shipping is done, versus your cabinet, but either way, done.

#46 8 years ago

I am saying my prayers right now...

AC/DC Platinum on its way.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Easy. Call Michelle. Say several prayers. Done. Hopefully, the shipping is done, versus your cabinet, but either way, done.

NAVL ship just fine, they only problem is the cost $490 from VA for one machine, make it quite expensive for a machine unfortunately.

#48 8 years ago

Pricing is all over the place, but ranges from 360-460 IMO

Quoted this morning $414 from Los Angeles to Clearwater, FL.

Typically stairs add $100. Out of area seems to add about $75.

Anything insured over $1500, add $30 per additional $1000 (I believe)

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

I am saying my prayers right now...
    AC/DC Platinum on its way.
    image.jpg

You don't want to ship it with the legs on...

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

You don't want to ship it with the legs on...

Done it over 10 times with Michelle and never an issue.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/navl-no-longer-shipping-single-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.