Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Brentslane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I recently received a Stern pinball machine that was shipped to me in almost perfect shape but arrived with quite a few bad scratches on the cabinet and the head. I noted the damage on the shipper's forms and took pictures. I sent the pics to a pinball restoration company and since this is a newer machine (2007) he can't do anything for the graphics issues.

I don't see anywhere to buy SM (red) cabinet graphics.

Does anyone have any experience with NAVL claims / any advice on how much to claim? I've never had any problems before so I'm not sure what amount to ask for or if there are any replacement graphics out there in the market (I have not seen any online as of yet).

If you have made a claim that is similar... please let me know and how much you asked for / received.

Thanks
    BSL

#2 11 years ago

i never had an issue. Show them the damage and get a quote to have it repaired. As long as you insured the shipment for at least the cost of the repairs. The cost of the repairs cant exceed the cost of the machine though. (obviously)

#3 11 years ago

Yes, I did insure it. They are asking for me to get a quote (on letterhead) for repairs. The first company indicated it can't be repaired since it's screened not painted. NAVL is asking for a company to put the information that it can't be repaired on a professional pinball company's letterhead. I'm trying that with Chris at High End Pinball... I'm hoping he'll do it even though there is nothing in it for him since it can't be fixed.

#4 11 years ago

Aim high on the dollar amount, be patient, but keep on them as they try to wear you out with the runaround.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks... that's my goal. I've been all over them so far and very detailed with my pictures and claims.

#6 11 years ago

Certain folks can repair it with some airbrushing but they have to be real good.

#7 11 years ago

See if you can get something from Stern stating repair is not available. Maybe they can give you a price for what a new cabinet/backbox would cost (assuming they *were* available)?

Are there any airbrush artists in your area? Possibly get a quote for touch up?

I've only had one claim with NAVL. It involved some cosmetic damage to a non-pin machine. Got a quote for someone to come out, remove the pieces, take them to be repaired, and return for re-assembly. I had pictures of when it left the shipper and when it arrived damaged at my door. They paid in full without any problems.

Post edited by RobertWinter

#8 11 years ago

Good idea on contacting Stern. I'll try that.
    Thanks!

#9 11 years ago

Yes...maybe not repaired, but replaced.

#10 11 years ago

At this point I need a professional pinball company to provide me a quote or a note that says it can't be fixed on their letterhead.. not luck so far.

#11 11 years ago

I swear there's a Spider-Man cab laying around at stern somewhere.

#12 11 years ago

I am using NAVL to ship my first game or Michelle with division of NAVL. I plan on getting the insurance which cost me an extra $35. Also, got needed to get second floor delivery for additional $98. I will let you know how it works and hoping for the best. Let me know if there is anything I need to know. On a side not great picture turbo20lbs above your initials.

#13 11 years ago

Brent,

Maybe I could help, I could give you a quote for what a replacement cab of a more current model would cost, and they would then reimburse you for that. Only way to fix that right would be to replace the cab with another Spiderman cab.

At some point in life there will be decals out there I'm sure of it.. just not at this time.

#14 11 years ago

Honestly, couldn't the art be scanned, printed, and a decal attached to repair it? How bad are the scratches? Are you looking for suggestions on repair or only cost estimates? For like new repair, you'd need a replacement cabinet which probably doesn't exist and the labor costs to move the components into the new cabinet and haul off the old one. Any pics of the damage?

#15 11 years ago

I'd take Gexchange up on his offer. When a pin I bought was damaged during shipping I had no luck getting a repair quote from a restorer (I contacted four of them). I would also write up an overall damage estimate that includes the replacement cab quote, estimated labor, and any other expenses. Document everything thoroughly and clearly, and you will stand a better chance of getting your claim paid.

#16 11 years ago

We have connected! Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/navl-damage-claims-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.