(Topic ID: 66708)

Naturally, SkitB's next title should be..........Aliens!

By NorCalRealtor

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by micro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

h493B04C7.jpeg
    aliens9.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I've mentioned this before, but I think it's worthy of its own topic. I hope SkitB considers this license because Aliens would be the perfect follow up to Predator. It's one of the best action/horror/sci-fi movies ever. It's got tons of great material, great call outs "Game over man!", great music, and would look PERFECT next to a Predator. Who's with me? Who else would buy one?

aliens9.jpg
    #2 6 years ago

It would be great, but i think they specifically said that its not Alien(s) somewhere in the predator mega posts

#3 6 years ago

I would love an aliens pin. But it's definitely not their next game. We also brought it up in the predator thread (it's buried in the mountain of posts in there). I may be wrong, but I think Kevin even said he had never seen Aliens.

#4 6 years ago

But yes, yes I would be on that pre-order list as fast as I signed up for the Predator pre-order list, which was minutes after finding out it was a real thing.

#5 6 years ago

Yep found um. Quotes below:

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

This is where the flaming begins: I am sad to admit, as a man, that I have never seen an Alien(s) movie outside of Alien Vs Predator (just the first one). I'll attach my man card to this message if no one else has taken it from me already...

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

spfxted said:

Can you at least verify that it will not be Alien.....

Yes. I will verify that right now.

#6 6 years ago

Bummer! I hadn't read that. That thread is huge.

#7 6 years ago

Hasn't seen ANY Alien movie?!?!?!? ...the horror. ....the horror.

Yeah, I'd LOVE to see some (licensed) Giger art on a pin. I'd be all over that.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Hasn't seen ANY Alien movie?!?!?!? ...the horror. ....the horror

That stunned me too. (That's why I remembered it) I can kind of understand someone not having seen an alien movie. But not if that person was a huge predator fan. Im not sure how you could love one and not even see the other. They kind of go hand in hand.

#9 6 years ago

Yeah they also said Lebowski is a no go for the next pin as well. On a side note any interest in selling your LOTR NorCalRealtor??

#10 6 years ago

My money is on it being Futurama anyway. Im not a big futurama fan, so that's kind of disappointing. I don't have any inside info or anything, but it's what Ive come to believe having read the entire predator thread. There was lots of speculating for awhile in there, and that's the one I came away believing. And it's one of the few that weren't outright shot down.

#11 6 years ago

I was going to say futurama would be the only pin I'd ever buy new. It was a pipe dream. But you say its possible. My pants just got tighter.

#12 6 years ago

No harm in suggesting themes but...finish and produce Predator first, and I will then consider the next pin.
    Tired of Stern selling new machines while the code for the previous oneS (plurial) is not finished... no need to transpose that model to Skit-B...

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

No harm in suggesting themes but...finish and produce Predator first, and I will then consider the next pin.
    Tired of Stern selling new machines while the code for the previous oneS (plurial) is not finished... no need to transpose that model to Skit-B...

I agree, that's why I usually avoid the speculation stuff. I just want them to finish predator. That would be a huge accomplishment in and of itself. I will worry about the next title later.

#14 6 years ago

yep..no aliens from Kevin. wasn`t there a rumor about firefly / serenity?

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

On a side note any interest in selling your LOTR NorCalRealtor??

Just buy a house from him and he has to give it to you!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from xplorer:

We Want Motorhead, Born to Kick you ass!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from xplorer:

if it was firefly I would do so many things to make money to buy that

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from xplorer:

I'm pretty sure that one was nixed too. I would have liked it though.

#19 6 years ago

Motörhead - i`d sell AC/DC for a Motörhead pin

have you seen the movie?

please Kevin...gimme some Motörhead

#20 6 years ago

Yeah they also said Lebowski is a no go for the next pin as well. On a side note any interest in selling your LOTR NorCalRealtor??

Nope. My fiance said, and I quote, "If you sell LOTR I'll kill you". However, you're welcome to buy my TFLE.

I know TFLE gets a lot of flack, but over the course of rotating games in and out, I chose to keep TFLE over Shrek, Xmen Pro, Pirates, and even AC/DC Premium. TFLE has FINALLY been unseated by the TOM I just picked up, and now it must go.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

LOL! Yes, buy a big enough house and I will get you a LOTR.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Nope. My fiance said, and I quote, "If you sell LOTR I'll kill you". However, you're welcome to buy my TFLE.
    I know TFLE gets a lot of flack, but over the course of rotating games in and out, I chose to keep TFLE over Shrek, Xmen Pro, Pirates, and even AC/DC Premium. TFLE has FINALLY been unseated by the TOM I just picked up, and now it must go.

Hahaa, worth a shot. Definitely suggest you keep it then!! Think I saw your TFLE for sale good price I just don't love it enough to own at this point.

Quoted from centerflank:

No more houses for me!!

#23 6 years ago

They appear to be quite busy for a couple of years now on Predator. Its doubtful that they have the time to worry about their "next" game yet.

#24 6 years ago

I'm hoping they are worrying about Predator and not what's next, even though, whenever that comes, its fun to think about!

#25 6 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Big Trouble in Little China.

LOVED that movie, was a little cheesy? Not too much, Kurt Russell was awesome in that! So many villains to put in the pin, the 3 elementals, Lopan, and the fuzzy creature...that would be a great Jpop design if SkitB didn't take it. Would have to be a superwidebody!

#27 6 years ago

Judging by their logo I say The Punisher is on their short list.

#28 6 years ago

He hasn't seen any of the Alien movies?!? Has he been living under a rock for the last three decades?

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

He hasn't seen any of the Alien movies?!? Has he been living under a rock for the last three decades?

No Kiddin, Aliens (part2) was Epic!!! I will own a real pulse rifle before the day I die.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

No Kiddin, Aliens (part2) was Epic!!! I will own a real pulse rifle before the day I die.

The original will always be tops in my book. I wish I could go back in time to see it in the theater without the knowledge that there are sequels with Sigourney Weaver in them. She was an unknown back then and nobody would have expected her to be the sole survivor. Definitely Ridley Scott's finest hour as a filmmaker.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The original will always be tops in my book. I wish I could go back in time to see it in the theater without the knowledge that there are sequels with Sigourney Weaver in them. She was an unknown back then and nobody would have expected her to be the sole survivor. Definitely Ridley Scott's finest hour as a filmmaker.

Blade Runner was his best methinks...but I agree the original Alien at the time was a game changer in sci horror genre.

#32 6 years ago

Then Alien vs Predator

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The original was great. The thing I like is that they are different types of movies. The first is a sci fi horror/thriller, while the second is more of a sci fi action/thriller. I think that's what makes them both so great. I personally prefer the second, mainly because my dad thought it was a good idea to take his 9 year old son to see it in the theater. (It's also why Im a huge original die hard fan too)

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

(It's also why Im a huge original die hard fan too)

Did someone say Die Hard????? Oh yeah!!!

h493B04C7.jpeg

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The original will always be tops in my book. I wish I could go back in time to see it in the theater without the knowledge that there are sequels with Sigourney Weaver in them. She was an unknown back then and nobody would have expected her to be the sole survivor.

When the original came out in '79, I was 14 years old and snuck into the theater to see it (after paying for another movie). It was my 1st R rated movie, and OMG, I was scared to death. The chest burster scene was the most horrific thing I've ever seen, and the tension in the rest of the movie never let up. Here it is almost 35 years later, and this film still holds up strong.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Did someone say Die Hard

That would be awesome!

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Make your own. It's simply a M1 Thompson with a Remington 870 PA shotgun underneath (and some trim bits).

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/(Aliens)_-_M41A_Pulse_Rifle

Or, you could just buy this functional AirSoft replica...

amazon.com link »

Later,
    EV

#38 6 years ago

No more houses for me!!

Good.... I finally moved close to you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.95
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 24.50
    $ 7.00
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 16.00
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside