10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mg81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4fun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

First lot of David Silverman Collection to be auctioned off at Morphy's:

http://www.morphyauctions.com/auctions/view?id=297

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Caveat Emptor.
    This is not the first auction--back in October, they auctioned off several of his machines, including a Fireball and maybe the same Haunted House that is now lot 75. It's certainly the same set of photos.
    A friend of mine "won" the auction. He received an email stating he won the auction.. By Morphy's own standards (a certain percentage over the opening bid), he had won. According to my friend, the website initially stated that he won, then he received an email stating that he "may have won", then the site stated he "May Have Won" (I have a screen shot of this), then he was told by phone he had won, then he was told by phone there was a phone bidder, then he was invited during a phone call to offer more.
    I don't know what the auction laws in PA are, and they may very well have complied with the law, but it hardly seems like a straight auction and there certainly were no bargains to be had.

Caveat Emptor, I agree...

This goes for any pinball purchase AFAIK, and that's why I hardly ever buy pins sight unseen and always show up in person for auctions.

Having said that however, I also think that this may be a rare opportunity for many seasoned EM collectors/aficionados, especially if their within driving distance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4fun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/natl-pinball-museum-pinball-collection-auction?tu=pins4fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.