Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

A cool little article that seems to have just hit the wire!:

http://itineraries.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/11/10119035-national-pinball-museum-gets-a-replay

Who's gonna check it out tomorrow (opening day)???

#2 12 years ago

I will be there bright and early! I already purchased my all day pass a few weeks ago at half off when they were having that deal. And that guy in the picture with the white hat and dark green collared shirt is none other than moi The local news station was at the museum promoting its location and we (pinball fans in the area) were welcomed in to be "side art".....for free! And a free one day pass to the museum....only catch for that was you had to be there from 6:15 to 9:45 for all there TV spots. I stayed and played!!!

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I will be there bright and early! I already purchased my all day pass a few weeks ago at half off when they were having that deal. And that guy in the picture with the white hat and dark green collared shirt is none other than moi The local news station was at the museum promoting its location and we (pinball fans in the area) were welcomed in to be "side art".....for free! And a free one day pass to the museum....only catch for that was you had to be there from 6:15 to 9:45 for all there TV spots. I stayed and played!!!

Cool, it looks like you were doing some real old school playin' there!

#4 12 years ago

"Silverman grew up to be an avid pinball player and, eventually, a pinball machine collector. “My first machine was ‘Fireball,’ which was made by Bally, a major pinball company. My wife liked the game, so we kept it lit up in the living room. One game led to another and now I have more than 900 machines.”

Holy Crap! I don't have 900 machines, or a wife, for that matter....

#5 12 years ago

Water street right? Parking will suck big time, get there early and feed the meter often. The city (Baltimore) is well known for it's parking troubles!

#6 12 years ago

I indeed was Bigorange....and I had never played an old wood rail for that matter. They are a lot of fun....the only thing that was weird to me was there was no actually score displayed...it was more like values that lit up on the back glass as you hit bumpers and certain shots. But I got into it!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Water street right? Parking will suck big time, get there early and feed the meter often. The city (Baltimore) is well known for it's parking troubles!

Yeah...but there are garages which are way better than the meters which some only have 2 hour limits on. I think the one I parked in was about $2 an hour...not too shabby. Nothing's perfect....and I am not going to whine about city parking so I can't play pinball. It's reality.

#8 12 years ago

And that guy in the picture with the white hat and dark green collared shirt is none other than moi

You were sportin' wood.

#9 12 years ago

Nothing's perfect....and I am not going to whine about city parking so I can't play pinball. It's reality.

Right you are, hope the out of towners can find the garages...The article didn't mention parking at all.

#10 12 years ago

Nice
    Anyone gona bring a camera ?

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Pinballerchef said:Nothing's perfect....and I am not going to whine about city parking so I can't play pinball. It's reality.
    Right you are, hope the out of towners can find the garages...The article didn't mention parking at all.

Haha...cities have parking garages everywhere...you should get out more I guess the article is "misleading"

#12 12 years ago

the NPM sucked hard when it was in DC..
    We had high hopes when me and my bro went to play some BBB. hot as hell in there, overpriced games, many not working 100% and played weak.

I hope he has a better setup in Baltimore.

#13 12 years ago

If you go take pictures and have fun!

#14 12 years ago

I've sent them a couple donations. I'm always willing to support anybody that tries to keep pinball alive and in the public eye. I sure hope this situation works out better than the last one.

#15 12 years ago

Yeah, I'm with you there, gweempose. Support Local Pinball! Only for us Pinsiders that means all of Planet Earth...
    We don't have a lot of money but we (my wife and I) support pinball when and where we can.

#16 12 years ago

With the only main attractions in the inner harbor area being the Science Center and the Aquarium I'm sure the Pinball Museum will due well.

#17 12 years ago

Anybody go? If so how was it?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/national-pinball-museum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.