• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sc93cobra
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0318988C-A462-4156-98D8-013629FAFDC2 (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

A serious note here.. A member of the the Pinside community, Ron Woodard, who goes by Woody76 was in the tornado that ripped through the Nashville area recently. I was at his house purchasing my first EM pin from him recently and he was very friendly and helpful throughout the deal. He had a nice set up in the basement of his house with numerous pins, but unfortunately his neighborhood and house was struck by the twister. I don’t know if anyone in his family was hurt but he did pass on that his house was destroyed. I hope we at Pinside can offer some support to him. If someone on this website is close to him please let us know what we can do to help.

#2 4 years ago

We lost our house in the Newburgh Indiana 2005 F-4.At this point I hope two things,first that nobody was hurt and second that your homeowners insurance was up to date.We stepped into our new home 6 months after the storm.
I hope you and your family are ok.

#3 4 years ago

My son is Ok. He lives 50 miles north of Nashville and saw the storm passing over Clarksville. He said sirens were going off at Fort Campbell where he is stationed in the army. Pretty scary.

#4 4 years ago

My heart just sunk. I consider Ron a great friend and have dealt with him for years.
My prayers are out for his family, friends and neighbor's.
I will try and reach out when appropriate.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

We lost our house in the Newburgh Indiana 2005 F-4.At this point I hope two things,first that nobody was hurt and second that your homeowners insurance was up to date.We stepped into our new home 6 months after the storm.Wooda
I hope you and your family are ok.

It wasn’t me, it was Ron Woodard who was in the storm. I experienced the Marion IL. tornado when I was younger and unless you’ve been through one you really can’t comprehend the amount of devastation they can do. This one in Nashville was particularly deadly.

#6 4 years ago

I hope Ron and his family are alright . I have cousins in Sparta and just north of there Cookeville was hit pretty hard and unfortunately there is a lot of casualties and people they are still looking for in Putnam county .

#7 4 years ago

thoughts for woody in this tragic time. Hopefully he's safe.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

It wasn’t me, it was Ron Woodard who was in the storm. I experienced the Marion IL. tornado when I was younger and unless you’ve been through one you really can’t comprehend the amount of devastation they can do. This one in Nashville was particularly deadly.

My message was for Ron and his family to give him and his family hope that it would all work out.
My back yard after storm

0318988C-A462-4156-98D8-013629FAFDC2 (resized).png0318988C-A462-4156-98D8-013629FAFDC2 (resized).png
#9 4 years ago

he just posted needs someone near bowling green to pick up a game for him, he's safe but lost his home it seems.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

he just posted needs someone near bowling green to pick up a game for him, he's safe but lost his home it seems.

Where did he post, facebook?
I heard the same, lost house, him and family safe.
OP, maybe change title of thread to include woody's name. I'd like more press so perhaps when a go fund me starts pinsiders can help out.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My message was for Ron and his family to give him and his family hope that it would all work out.
My back yard after storm[quoted image]

was this a tornado or that weird horizontal type storm that rolled through about 8 - 10 yrs ago. forgot what they called it now.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

was this a tornado or that weird horizontal type storm that rolled through about 8 - 10 yrs ago. forgot what they called it now.

November 6th 2005 2:05 in the morning.About 13seconds to get my wife and sons into the cast iron tub in the middle of house.Yes it was an F-4 moving at 65 mph and spinning at 195 mph

#14 4 years ago

I'm putting together 15 minutes of Lebanon dash cam footage. I'll post a link when it's ready.

#16 4 years ago

Woodys house was destroyed. If anyone wants to help there is a go fund me set up to do so, this goes to his family. I know they could use any help possible.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/woodard-tornado-relief-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nashville-tornado?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.