1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Gryszzz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Who on here lives in or around Nashville? Did you relocate or live there your whole life? How do you like it? I was close to moving there years ago and slight chance the opportunity could come up again soon.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from mandelbloom:

Who on here lives in or around Nashville? Did you relocate or live there your whole life? How do you like it? I was close to moving there years ago and slight chance the opportunity could come up again soon.

Nashville looks like a great place to live from when I visit there. I live in ATL now and have lived in your area previously and loved the switch.

What do you dig about Lake Worth now? Are you married and you have kids?

#3 1 year ago

Was there 2 weeks ago....My daughter moved there with her husband.

Awesome city....Exciting, Young, super Nice and friendly....Id move, except for the weather, for me!

#4 1 year ago

We moved here in 2000 after living mainly in Texas. We love it here so much that I would not move back to Texas given the option. Great atmosphere, lots of incredible musicians everywhere, very family friendly, easy drive to Florida's best beaches, and you get all four seasons. The countryside is absolutely beautiful if you are an outdoorsman. Lots of job opportunities and a lot of large companies are realizing that it is a great location to move. We will see more soon.

P.S. Just to add, you run into famous people occasionally and they are not the stereotypical Hollywood types. We run into country stars and other well-known people at places like Costco and they just seem like every other person. The people in general are one of the best reasons to live here.

#5 1 year ago

I have lived in Nashville my entire life. I obviously take it for granted, because I have never lived anywhere else. Everyone that visits loves it and it is growing by leaps and bounds. I will say in the last 2 years traffic is starting to get nuts and that is my only complaint.

#6 1 year ago

I've lived in the middle TN area since 2002. Nashville is a great safe town with a little bit of everything to do. You get 4 full seasons and can have everything from downtown high rise living to complete country isolation with in less then 20 minutes. The only real negative which is also a positive is that the area is exploding with population. We have over 100 people move to the area every day and the road systems are starting to fall a little more behind. Getting places is not to bad but it keeps getting a little slower to get around. This also means more jobs, more restaurants, more things to do, more business growth, etc. There's and nice small pinball community a several location play options.

#7 1 year ago

Awesome thanks for the feedback, as to your questions.

What do I like about Lake Worth?
    Well really nothing in particular just lived in Florida my whole life so here I am so I’ve some family close by but not a lot so that’s a minor but not major concern . I won’t lie the winters here are very nice for like 3 months and I can golf year round so that’s good .

Family ?
    A wife and a dog

I have been to Nashville area many times , like it a lot almost moved a few years ago . I prefer the rolling hills and more rural areas or at least having them around nothing like that in Florida , and I can deal with some mild winter I think The hard part is I am in a good place with work right now and this would be a step back in some ways . Anyhow may be ahead of myself but great feedback!

#8 1 year ago

By the way statsdoc not sure easy drive to FL beaches is a good selling point it’s like 15 mins for me hahah

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from mandelbloom:

By the way statsdoc not sure easy drive to FL beaches is a good selling point it’s like 15 mins for me hahah

... but, you can go back to Florida with ease.

My wife would gladly change locations with you for the seasons alone.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from mandelbloom:

Awesome thanks for the feedback, as to your questions.
    What do I like about Lake Worth?
    Well really nothing in particular just lived in Florida my whole life so here I am so I’ve some family close by but not a lot so that’s a minor but not major concern . I won’t lie the winters here are very nice for like 3 months and I can golf year round so that’s good .
    Family ?
    A wife and a dog
    I have been to Nashville area many times , like it a lot almost moved a few years ago . I prefer the rolling hills and more rural areas or at least having them around nothing like that in Florida , and I can deal with some mild winter I think The hard part is I am in a good place with work right now and this would be a step back in some ways . Anyhow may be ahead of myself but great feedback!

So would your wife consider moving? Does she have a large support group down there?

Main problem with south FL for me was the folks who move there part time. Most really dont give a flip who you are or if you have been living there a long time. They are in a hurry to do nothing and in a rush to go nowhere so get out of their way! Usually the older the crankier also. My wife grew up down there and liked it, but she doesnt dig it much anymore. She still has family down there and we visit, but neither one of us wants to go back to live. I bet Nashville will be the opposite of South FL with folks being friendly and nice. It will actully be nice to go to Costco during Winter. Ha! We were in Boca though. Lake Worth may not be as bad.

I grew up in Maine and cant do Winters like they have up there anymore. FL was nice, but hot Summers were brutal. I did not dig having no change of seasons down there. Nashville may be a good change for you. With Winter, but not a full on freezing one and Summer but not full on hot one. I dont miss dealing with hurricanes also. South east FL dodged a big bullet a couple of months ago, but may not be as lucky next time. I remember homeowners insurance being brutal also. The rolling hills and variety of trees I like so much better than flat land and strip malls down there. I dont miss zero lot lines either. For me at least.

With work - if you lose you job then are there a lot of other employers around to switch to? My wife is corporate and Atlanta blows away South FL for work opportunites. I would guess Nashville would also depending on what you do.

Also - can you imagine having a basement?

#11 1 year ago

Yea wife is on board this time around and if it worked out I would have a job with the same company but remote with regional travel required and a little lower down the totem pole. Boca is worse than lake worth ... but it’s about to be the same here lotsa new homes and no rooom left . I agre both Atlanta and Nashville more Corp jobs which is what I do at the moment

#12 1 year ago

Nashville, IMO, is right up your alley, Adam!

I am amazed at a City being so full with 20-40 year olds!
    Its an active city without a lot of baggage.

The worst is the Traffic.
    Real Estate can be pricey,

But every exit away from the city, Prices drop, and there are stunning homes just 12 miles out half the price of 6 miles out!
    If you really want a change from Florida Flats, look into Harpeth Hills by Cheekwood....Stunning, and affordable!

#13 1 year ago

I've lived here my whole life. Nashville is a great city and growing like crazy. Lots of great restaurants, live music, events, etc... Safe and friendly city. The traffic is bad and the cost of living is rising...especially real estate.

I don't know anyone that regrets moving here...and about 100 people do everyday now.

#14 1 year ago

I would say to look at Chattanooga, as we're smack-dap between Nashville and Atlanta... but there's literally no pinball here so that might be a deal breaker. lol We do have pretty scenery, big companies, cheap utilities, reasonable real estate, and not Nash/ATL levels of traffic. It is the only city to win Outside Magazine's "Best Town" title twice, so we've got that going for us. Nashville seems nice from the new times I've been there, but I've never really explored the area too much.

#15 1 year ago

Nashville is booming! If you want in get in now. Property value goes up everyday!

#16 1 year ago

Alright I’m sold now we will just see if it’s realistic

#17 1 year ago

LMK if you need any real estate help......

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

LMK if you need any real estate help......

Hey Art , does you daughter do real estate there ? We would likely rent first year , but I did find a home already I like that is more than affordable haha.

My wife’s actually does real estate here , it sure what she would do there ... but way ahead of myself at this point I’m just up for seeing how it goes

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from mandelbloom:

Hey Art , does you daughter do real estate there ? We would likely rent first year , but I did find a home already I like that is more than affordable haha.
    My wife’s actually does real estate here , it sure what she would do there ... but way ahead of myself at this point I’m just up for seeing how it goes

Shes a Speech Pathologist, Her husband at Vanderbilt Hospital.

The only suggestion is what I have used in my Real Estate Investments, which are Pockets of homes, that are below market.

Be happy to chat in private.

#20 1 year ago

I'm delivering Guardians of the Galaxy Pros to customers in Nashville tomorrow. Just to let you know that the pinball scene is getting better in Nashville all the time.

Larry@flipnoutpinball.com

#21 1 year ago

I intend to be in Nashville regularly....You guys better watch out if you get Adam and I invading!
    (We are only good trouble!!! )

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from mandelbloom:

Alright I’m sold now we will just see if it’s realistic

Look into it! Bet you will love it.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Look into it! Bet you will love it.

Yes by realistic I mean I can transfer there and not neee to completely new gig

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Shes a Speech Pathologist, Her husband at Vanderbilt Hospital.
    The only suggestion is what I have used in my Real Estate Investments, which are Pockets of homes, that are below market.
    Be happy to chat in private.

Let me know if you guys need another realtor suggestion. My sister-in-law is a realtor in Hendersonville. I'm of course biased, but I would recommend her.

#25 1 year ago

I’ll let you all know way ahead of myself at this point

#26 1 year ago

Nashville is great man. Decent sized city with good food and you can drive 20 minutes outside of the city and be in the middle of the woods.

Pinball is growing we have a few places that have popped up in the last few years and we have Game Galaxy that has something like over 60 pinball machines at their Smyrna location. We've also been trying to do Spring and Fall pinball league and this year is going to be the first year Tennessee has a State Championship!

#27 1 year ago

Heres a shot outside the kitchen window.
    Behind the trees is Whitebridge, by Charlotte.
    A Jack in the Box and White Castle are 4 blocks away.
    Downtown, and Centennial Park is about 10-12 minutes.

pasted_image (resized).png

1 year later
    #28 3 months ago

Any Pinsiders hittin up Metallica tomorrow night? Wife got us 4th row, pretty doggone excited.
    Lookin for a dingy puke metal bar after show as I freaking hate country music. Any tips Lemmy know!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 0.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside