• Latest reply 2 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whisper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

Finally!!!!! I love this game!!!! always have... great to finally see a club for it!!!
Green,Green,Green.... Go,Go,Go!!!!

#9 9 years ago

Yeah I installed the Tach Mod over the weekend, its pretty cool, adds a lot of bling to the table, I read your review on the mod wiggy07 in another thread about the mod, and I can see a few of the same issues you mentioned in your write up, screw holes in the mounting bracket don't line up with the holes on the machine, have to be re drilled, also needing a longer screw to put back the test car sign when you have to over lap the end of the test car sign with the mounting bracket, and mine seems to get caught on 8 rpm's and dosent really come back till the next ball starts, that's something im hoping with time it might iron itself out, but I definatly have to check it out a little more.. all in all its a good mod and really adds to the look of the table.

#16 9 years ago

has anyone here ever got all the champ 1 letters??

#18 9 years ago

Wow that's cool, I played a few games tonight and could only get 3 champ letters, that might be around my average, that's why I was asking, that's a great score Pascal-Pinball, im no where near that, haven't had the game all that long my best is around 88Mil and some change, I like the way this game scores high in certain parts, with fast tracks and hard racing, love mode bonus and how the drops are so important in this game, every one who comes around really gets into it, because every one has a chance, and I love that about the game, coz all my mates are non pin heads and you can tell there not really having that much fun on the other machines, because there not quite sure what to do, but this one a quick explanation on how to advance positions during the race by hitting the hauler truck, and hit the car, and they can figure out more as they go on, and they get hooked!!!! glad theres finally a club, coz this game rocks!!!!!!

1 week later
#24 9 years ago

good luck swampfire , looking forward to seeing the results...

#35 9 years ago

Thanks guys for taking the time to document the rule set!!!

3 weeks later
#36 9 years ago

Can anyone please explain collecting CHAMP letters please???? thanks

#40 9 years ago

what??

2 weeks later
#45 9 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

today I had something "weird"
- I locked the first ball
- I locked the second ball by opening the pit with the left flipper: "good thinking"
- Then, I plunge the 3th ball and the machine opens the pit and locked the ball and say something like this: "you rather be Lucky than good"
- Then multiball starts...
anyone has seen this before?

Just saw this last night for the first time when my mate was playing and remembered you posting about this a while back..

1 month later
#84 9 years ago

I finally collected all my CHAMP 1 letters , the machine was going crazy, what an awesome multi ball, everything maxed!!! what I can understand, that mite be the mini wizard mode?? I played quite well, and guess what.... I TILTED!!!!!!! No bonus, no grand champ..... not happy!!!!

1 month later
#128 9 years ago

Hey all, can anyone tell me if theres a way to find out where the actual CHAMP1 letters are that you need to complete, I have got all my champ letters once an started the mini wizard off the scanner, but the other night I had a great game had all the letters but one, an couldn't work out where it was located on the playfield to get it, I understand you get them through the drops, speed shots, hard racing and the scanner etc.. Question is, is there a way to know you have collected the one from hard racing, and collected the one from speed shots ,but you haven't collected the one at the drops etc,??? hope this question makes sense? any help will be greatly appreciated , cheers..

#131 9 years ago

Thanks swampfire , much appreciate it. Sorry if the question does not make sense because im struggling to word it properly so it does. I will try an break it down using Lord of the rings or an example. so if you collect your characters for FOTR multiball an say you need Aragon for example, you can see his insert flashing and see that that's the one you have to collect. is there any way to tell where your next CHAMP1 letter is on Grand Prix/ Nascar to collect, The game is super quick so I cant exactly pin point which CHAMP1 letter came from where. E.g "I have all my Champ1 letters except the one from the scanner , so im going to keep shooting the scanner till I collect it". is there a way to tell which one has not been collected??... Sorry again If the question is confussing..

#133 9 years ago

That's it Swampfire!!! now where on the same page.. ..Sorry it was hard for me to word it so it made sense, but now you know what im talking about, if anyone can chime in would be very appreciated.. cheers..

#134 9 years ago

Same thing happened again tonight, the first 2 champ letters came out real quick with in around a minute or two, then the next three came out eventually , had the last one left the number #1 played the last 2 balls and couldn't get it, I purposely kept aiming for the 2 inner orbits, hard racing and speed shots, hit them quite a bit but still couldn't get the last letter to get the mini wizard started!!!

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'll try it with the glass off. There have to be at least 6 ways to earn a letter, otherwise you'd be waiting for the scanner award to come up.

That was what I was going to do next if stayed alive for long enough, just keep going for the scanner till the award CHAMP1 letter came up..

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What I really want to see is a 3D hauler mod, done with a scale-model truck.

I agree, would buy one in heart beat...

1 month later
#214 9 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

got champ lit what is suppossed to happen?

Once all champ1 letters start strobing you have to hit the scanner to start the mini wizard mode.

1 week later
#234 9 years ago

hey all, just came back from having my best game on Grand Prix to date scored 255,244,380 got all the champ1 one letters started the mini wizard, can anyone explain final practice? I done all my modes the playfield lights were pulsing so hit the garage an started final practice, an it said a certain amount of pop bumper hits an your there, got the rite amount of hits and the dmd pretty much said the same thing, have any of you guys been there an can explain what to do? an what the game does?, I thought it would be a crazy multi-ball but I mite have drained before that happened. cheers!!

3 months later
#335 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just played a few games on my Nascar this evening. I picked one up because the price was right, and it would be: stay for a few months and then move along. But wow -- it is such a fun, deep game. Great rules, great strategy, great stacking, great call outs (and I am not a Nascar fan or even know what the deal is with general car racing), fun mini-wizard mode, and great buildup to the wizard mode. Of course, it did take me a while to get everything dialed in to minimize lame drains. The only lame drain that I still get is from the left orbit where it bounces of the wall on the right side of the orbit and goes SDTM. Probably I need to work on my side cabinet slap skills.
In the end, such an under rated game and great bang for the buck. I'm happy to member of this club.

glad your enjoying the game, in my opinion an everyone who comes around thinks its a total sleeper, here in oz there arnt to many around, an hard to find on location so not many people get to play it, once they do they find it to be a fun game, with heaps of modes an a great stack once you figure out what to stack , an how...and very friendly to non pinheads to learn how pinball works with hitting the car starting modes..

5 months later
#390 8 years ago

Congrats on the Grand Prix, it really is a sleeper, some of the coolest multi-ball modes I have ever seen, an very friendly to non pinheads to understand the rules, the game has a lot going for it.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from luch:

was grand prix released in Europe only ?

No it was released world wide , nascar is a American only sport so the rest of us got the Grand Prix .

4 months later
#456 7 years ago

Hi guys my car that spins in the hauler is not resisting when hit so no locks are registering when it's time to lock up, was hoping someone might have had this issue before an can guide me in the right direction?? Thanks in advance..

#459 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it, are the opto connectors behind the big hauler truck?? I haven't taken that off yet but will do it tomorrow an have a look, thanks again..

#462 7 years ago

Yes the car spins, an stops when it's meant to so the ball can hit the car an roll into the lock , the problem is when the ball hits the car it doesn't register the hit to either move up places in the race or to lock up the balls.

#467 7 years ago

Thanks guys for all the input, I reset the connectors behind the truck an it's working as it should, problem fixed. Thanks again for all the help!!!

5 months later
#535 7 years ago

Yep I agree, the blue powder coat looks fantastic...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whisper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=whisper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.