• Latest reply 7 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 9 years ago

I just picked one of these up last week and I am really liking it. I did a partial teardown and really cleaned her up good and she's so much faster and more fun than I ever expected. And the clear coat on this sumbitch is outstanding. In comparison to every other Stern I've owned, this deck almost feels like a Bally/Williams a diamond a plate. Totally unexpected.

Rules are solid and keep you on your toes. More here than meets the eye...but ya know what? Speaking of, this machine is very pleasing to the eyes. Artwork (playfield) isn't as good as the classics, but it has a cartoon feel and excellent color and vibrancy. They coulda photo-shopped this one very poorly and didn't. True Lawlor style if not actually classic art. Wonder how many people even realize this?

Playing the game: I'm hoping this thread will have good conversation, and I'll withhold some comments on game play for the time being. Wouldn't want to gush too much in the HONEYMOON phase - -(but I do really like it so far).

Question:
Can anyone please chime in on how they've tweaked their R-A-C-E letter achievement? For MB progress? When I received the game it seemed I could get MB multiple times per game and it was just too easy. But after setting to factory "Hard" with absolutely nothing spotted and having to hit the target banks every time to qualify a letter, I'll now play multiple games without even getting MB. So I'm looking for the sweet spot. I don't think MB should be a gimme, but it should be easier than I've made it.

4 weeks later
#62 9 years ago

I just updated my ROMs (from version 1 to the latest basically) and don't notice that big a difference in gameplay.

I also just finished a full LED replacement and that's a bitch on this game! Looks amazing but seizure inducing in a dark room...and an already too dark playfield is now impossibly dark. This game needs spots and strips bad, so that's next.

#66 9 years ago

The lighting is pretty stunning on this game. I'm considering an OCD controller. I also have invisiglass on mine, which is the best mod ever.

The game is growing on me a lot. I need time to let a game sink in and reveal all it has to offer. Whether I love it or hate it the first 50 plays it takes me at least that long to know. I'm looking forward to brightening up this game.

I think a shaker would be awesome.

2 weeks later
#85 9 years ago

Loving mine! Rules are fantastic and it's a great game for strategic scoring.

The Scanner seems much less interesting though with the latest code. It basically lists the same 4 items on each column of the DMD, and nothing silly anymore. Can anyone confirm?

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Loving mine! Rules are fantastic and it's a great game for strategic scoring.
The Scanner seems much less interesting though with the latest code. It basically lists the same 4 items on each column of the DMD, and nothing silly anymore. Can anyone confirm?

Scanner guys? Latest code? Anything?

#100 9 years ago

What does the scanner show when you hit it? There should be 8 alternatives. I'm getting 4, doubled up.

3 weeks later
#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

* anxiously awaiting NAVL delivery of my Nascar today *

You NAVL from Nanuet? Surely (may I call you Shirley?) you jest. It's like 2 miles!!

What kind of name is Shirley anyway?

Love my NASCAR. It's a weird, small deck that just plays huge.

2 weeks later
#148 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, it kind of shocked me. I'm used to seeing 2 columns of 4 awards that are the same thing. Now I'm seeing things like "Rudd hat" and "Rusty shirt", and every one of the 8 is unique. It's also giving me some pretty good awards - add 5 laps, move up 1 place, etc.

What code version are you on and what settings? Just "factory"? I saw all sorts of truly random awards on the early code but not since I upgraded. I'm on the latest code now. How do I get the two columns to list different awards?

4 weeks later
#220 9 years ago

TECH:
Game doesn't understand a ball drain sometimes. Trough opto issue or sink holes with issue? Or something else?

Haven't checked switch matrix. Never understood them and totally cryptic on this game.

#222 9 years ago

It does occasionally go through the "missing Pinballs" thing.

Is this era of Stern the one with the cheap switches?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.