• Latest reply 5 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#355 8 years ago

I just picked up a NASCAR for a friend. It is his first pin, so I am going to do a little work on it before I deliver it to him. The plastic over the accelerator magnet in the lower left apron area is melted. Does anyone know where to get that plastic or a full plastic set? Also, the checkered flag over the hot dog stand is missing. Is that just a decal, or is it a plastic? A close-up shot of what that is supposed to look like would be appreciated.

Ross

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Good luck finding the plastics. I never found them and I looked for 6 months including overseas. I even emailed Stern and they replied with "We'll get to them when things have slowed down a bit". That was almost a year ago, and based on the number of pins they are pushing out they will never get to them. Same goes for the ramps. You're better off spending your time creating one yourself using PEGI and water decals.
The checkered flag is a sticker, but it is one of those very thick and stiff stickers that is more plastic than paper. It's the same material as the stickers on the spinners.

Thanks for the info FiftyQuid. If you get a chance some time, could you measure the size of the flag for me? I may try and make one. On the plastic, maybe I will get lucky and someone will part one out or something.

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

First off the flag measures 1 inch high and 2 3/8 wide and it wraps around the wire and sticks to itself. You end up with a flag that is 1 inch high by 1 1/8 wide after wraping.

Thanks Grumpy. I will see what I can come up with for the flag.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Its not a paper sticker, more like a stiff plastic or mylar.

I apparently bought the last decal set from Marco. It has 2 decals that appear to be for the flag (they are both marked with -36). Is there somewhere else in the game that one of these is used, or is the second one a spare?

Interestingly, I only bought the whole set to get the flag but once I compared the decals in the set to what is on the game I can see that most of what is currently installed is badly faded. I guess I will be replacing much of what is there.

For the plastic that I needed, I bought a set for Grand Prix. It turns out that the two plastics I need are the same in both sets.

Now for some play testing to figure out what I need to work on. Then I will tear the playfield down and shop it.

2 months later
#426 8 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

So I am doing a Shop out of a Nascar for a customer and several of the clear plastics are missing and others are cracked or have broken pieces. In researching it seems that plastics new and used are hard to come by. Does anyone have any new or used plastics for Nascar they would be willing to part with?

I am shopping a Nascar for a friend and bought a set of plastics for Grand Prix. All of the plastics I needed (including the clear ones) are the same between the two. I think Automated Services had multiple sets when I bought mine.

1 month later
#434 7 years ago

One of the screw tabs is broken on my NASCAR ball trough enter/exit scoop. The manual says the NASCAR enter/exit scoop is modified for this game and gives a different part number (535-7329-01-86). I cannot seem to find one available anywhere.

Does anyone know what the difference is over the standard enter/exit scoop (535-7329-01) and whether I could modify one myself to work in my NASCAR?

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get the NASCAR version of the enter/exit scoop (Marco shows out of stock and I cannot find anyone else that has one)?

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

One of the screw tabs is broken on my NASCAR ball trough enter/exit scoop. The manual says the NASCAR enter/exit scoop is modified for this game and gives a different part number (535-7329-01-86). I cannot seem to find one available anywhere.
Does anyone know what the difference is over the standard enter/exit scoop (535-7329-01) and whether I could modify one myself to work in my NASCAR?
Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get the NASCAR version of the enter/exit scoop (Marco shows out of stock and I cannot find anyone else that has one)?

Still hoping someone can tell me what the difference is in the NASCAR enter/exit scoop over the standard Stern enter/exit scoop. I cannot find a replacement NASCAR scoop anywhere. Does anyone have a NASCAR and another Stern that they could compare the scoops to see if the difference is something that I could mod from a standard Stern scoop? I hate to have to buy a standard scoop to determine it is so different I cannot do anything with it.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from luch:

how bad is your scoop ? can it be welded ?

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just have a new metal tab welded on. No need to buy a whole new scoop just for a screw tab.

The scoop has been welded in several other places by someone else already and the welds are somewhat poor (they seem to have been too hot and melted a lot of the material around the welds). The screw tab is very small and is one of the ones at the exit scoop. The break is right at the 90 degree bend where the tab attaches to the scoop. With the balls being kicked up against the scoop to eject them into the shooter lane I am concerned that a weld will fail (in addition to being very difficult to achieve in the small 90 degree area that the 2 pieces meet). I may have to do that if I cannot find another solution, but my preference would be to either get a new scoop or modify a new standard scoop.

This is a first pinball machine for a friend of mine who knows nothing about pinball and is not mechnically inclined. I am shopping it and trying to fix everything before I deliver it to him. I would like to get it as reliable as possible for him. I live in Texas and he lives in Florida, so it will not be so easy for me to stop by and take care of any problems he may have.

2 months later
#489 7 years ago

I have been shopping a Nascar for a friend and have it mostly back together. I was testing it and the lower magnets seem to not accelerate the ball enough every once in a while. About 2 times out of 10 the ball seems to go a little slow, but it makes it to the upper magnet to get accelerated and make the loop. About 1 time out of 10 the ball is slow enough that it doesn't make it to the upper magnet and falls back down to the drain. I have tested the optic switches (3 on the lower magnets and 2 on the upper magnet) and all the magnets in diagnostics. Everything seems to check out. Anyone have any ideas of what I might look for as the problem?

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Make sure the magnets are properly aligned with the PF and the metal ball guides. Sling your finger over the path of the ball and see if there is anything misdirecting the ball. Test it with a ball. Listen for the sound to change as the ball goes through the magnet and comes out on the other side. It should be perfectly smooth the whole way through.

Thanks. I will take a look tonight and see if there is anything physically out of line in the ball path.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=rviguet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.