• Latest reply 7 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#777 5 years ago

Joined the Nascar club. What a fun, cool game with a lot of ball tricks. I ordered an LED OCD board last night and I can tell that's going to make a huge difference with the inserts. There are inexpensive, ghosting, white LEDs in the inserts and it looks awful due to flickering and lack of lighting effects.

I swapped over my Pinstadium kit last night and it looks terrific. I mainly play in a dark room, so I prefer the playfield well lit and Nascar really benefits from the lighting. The colors pop on the playfield and it's great to clearly follow the ball(s).

20181027_093837 (resized).jpg20181027_093837 (resized).jpg20181027_093846 (resized).jpg20181027_093846 (resized).jpg
#780 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club, I put the OCD board in when I got mine and it makes a WORLD of difference even with the right out of the box settings.

Excellent! Did you keep the stock settings or make changes?

#782 5 years ago

So. Yeah. An LED OCD board is a must for Nascar. Holy cow! What an incredible difference with the LEDs acting like normal bulbs for all the cool effects, fading and sweeps to properly display.

I can see the handful of non-ghosting LEDs I installed, because those are the only ones showing flickering. All my other LEDs are old, flat top, ghosting LEDs and they work perfectly.

Seriously, before the LED OCD, it looked like every damn insert was lit due to the crazy flickering. Many times I wasn't sure if an insert was legit lit or not.

Value wise, the LED OCD makes perfect sense in Nascar due to how many insert bulbs there are. Buy xx amount of non-ghosting LEDs and you're close to the cost of the board and still don't have the great effects.

#788 5 years ago

Has anyone used pinblade type artwork on cabinet sides? I have another set of mirror blades but I think side artwork would look much nicer and could tie the entire game together.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I ordered some from Pinball Pro at Expo, but still haven't received them. I order the crowd version. Thanks for reminding me to bug them.

Are these the ones you ordered? I didn't see them listed on Pinball Pro's site. Is there another version available besides the crowd? I think the crowd looks really good and was what I was picturing along the sides.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/nascar-pinball-sideblades/

6 months later
#839 4 years ago

Definitely use non-ghosting LEDs in the inserts, or even better, install an LED OCD board. The inserts look crazy with LEDs that ghost in this game. The LED OCD board smooths out all the insert effects and looks great. My eyes were going crazy with all the flickering and ghosting in this game otherwise.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Have a few spare light sockets

This. The socket mounting tabs love to snap like balsa wood.

1 week later
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

My hauler cars aren't spinning and several other coils aren't firing after a shop job, including the slingshots. Did I blow a fuse somewhere?

I'd test all the fuses in the backbox and can't recall if there are fuses under the playfield. Do the coils work in test mode?

2 weeks later
#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What’s the going rate for a mint HUO, one owner NASCAR with goodies bags still stapled where they left the factory at?

An HUO Nascar just sold last week, asking price was $3k, don't know what it sold for.

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I had High Speed and Checkpoint.
Nascar seemed like the natural progression.
Plus it was available at the time and was on my short list.
Is Mustang next?

I owned a Mustang Pro for a few years and really had fun with it. Best part of Mustang, for me, was replacing all the songs with my own. I had a blast with that. Finally was just time to move on and get another game.

#862 4 years ago

Picked up a Nascar trailer toy from Walmart for $14 to see if I could improve the bland, plastic, truck hauler area. I was looking for a larger scale truck (this is 1:64) - more like a Hess truck scale, that I could cut in half length wise and cover the truck "artwork" and give it 3D depth.

As it is, this trailer looks pretty good and stuck in place with double side tape, no modifications. I have no idea who any Nascar drivers are, I only picked this truck because of the color blending in with the existing artwork.

IMG_0434 (resized).JPGIMG_0434 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0440 (resized).JPGIMG_0440 (resized).JPG
#864 4 years ago

For $14, the trailer at least upgrades the artwork of that backbox too.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Looks good to me. Nice add. And I see your PinStadiums have some separating from their magna-mounts just like mine.

Yeah you're right. A little dab of super glue will do the trick. I have the same issue on my DIY stadium lights and had to start using superglue for the magnet strips.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Just take the light out of the backbox if you're worried about glare. I don't notice much glare.

i replaced the florescent bulb with a LED fixture. Then I mounted the fixture lower and have the bulb shining upwards in the backbox. That really eliminated the glare from the playfield glass because the regular bulb is very bright and made too much glare for my tastes.

Quoted from BMHouze:

I see this pin as a mirror blades candidate.

Yeah, mirror blades do look nice on this game. I didn't have a spare set, so I made graphic "blades" using checkered blade wallpaper border. Looks good enough for me to cover the black walls and give a little visual appeal.

3 weeks later
#911 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Mr_Tantrum helped me transform my Nascar into more of a Brickyard 400 with a 3D printed Gasoline Alley with lit sign, a pagoda, the race standings "pylon" tower, and a sign for the Snake Pit--the infield party area! I had him reduce the size of the hauler plastic replacement by 2.75" so I'll have to find something to fill that small area on the back of the playfield board. I may change the placement of the non-hauler replacement items, but I'm really happy with how this all looks.

Wow! Great job, I dig it!

10 months later
#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Fitted some Sideblades from Retro Refurbs
Excuse the crappy phone photos
[quoted image][quoted image]

Missing the Confederate flag.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
$ 12.95
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.