• Latest reply 2 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What code version are you on and what settings? Just "factory"? I saw all sorts of truly random awards on the early code but not since I upgraded. I'm on the latest code now. How do I get the two columns to list different awards?

Do a factory reset, or pull the batteries.

1 week later
#158 9 years ago

I played Champion Challenge tonight... what a blast! Ended up with 178M.

2 weeks later
#210 9 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

got champ lit what is suppossed to happen?

You have to light "CHAMP1"... then it goes nuts.

2 weeks later
#250 9 years ago

To be perfectly honest, that tach mod does nothing for me. Not interested at any price.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Dig the game Minus the MULTI-BALL SONG!
Someone code the sound rom for another song!

I actually looked into it. Unfortunately, the song is broken up into MANY segments and dispersed throughout the sound ROM. Almost like they didn't want anyone messing with it....
Someone could still do it, but it would be quite a bit of work.

5 months later
#339 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I switched mine over to white rubber last year when I got it but I keep burning through the little ball bumpers near the garage as they split. Should I just give in and use black?

Same deal here. I put black back on the posts where the white ones split. I suppose you could try the polyurethane mini post rubbers (http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3358).

8 months later
#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

I also booted the dale jr roms and noticed they are version 5.0 vs nascar's 4.5. Stern has no record of the ROMS on the www page, I got mine from pinmame.
question to anyone who has a dale Jr is the software or animations or game rules any different? when your dale jr game boots it say "nascar"?

I've always wondered if Dale Jr ran different software... apparently so! I too would like to know what the differences are. One curious thing I noticed is that the sticker sheet for Dale Jr has an "Install 5 Balls" sticker, and NASCAR has "Install 4 Balls". Does Dale Jr really have a 5-ball multiball mode?

3 weeks later
#481 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Can i just replace the AA alkaline batteries with regular lithium AA? I assume that should be much safer?

You could. But this is a Stern Whitestar system... super easy to put a NVRAM in. Take the 6264 RAM out (it's socketed) and put the NVRAM chip in. The NVRAM chip should cost you ~$10.

6 months later
#565 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Check to see if you have 3 washers installed as well. This is the way NASCAR shipped from Stern.

Mine actually required more washers (6?) to get the plunger tip off the ball. Not sure if someone had replaced the shooter rod and/or spring on mine before.... Just keep adding until the ball rests on the autoplunge fork.

1 year later
#724 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I could use some input on what is compatable with this...

Any 74HCT273.

2 weeks later
#747 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's good to hear that the bracket is available but man $56.

Glad I taught myself how to weld!

1 year later
3 months later
#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Anyone know where I could find a NASCAR decal set or specifically the following decals in a parted set (“NASCAR” Apron Decal, 2 Cars decals on the back truck rotating piece, and the grandstand on the back right above the play field?
I missed out on the one above.

I have the 2 cars if you still need those.

4 months later
#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Any ideas on why my Q15 and Q16 (for the Flippers) go bad on a new board? Brand new flipper mecs, but I think they wen bad as soon as I hooked up the new driver board. Could my coin door switch's have a short? The bottom switch doesn't need to be pushed in for the game to work "IE doesn't cut power when door coin door open". The 50 volt switch does need to be pushed in or pulled to get the coils to work. I tested Q15&16 and get a continuity tone on all three posts when I test on each, and I don't get that on any other of the Mosfetts, so I'm pretty sure they are bad. I'm thinking that's why the flipper 3Amp blows as soon as the 50 volt is pushed in.

Sounds like you wired the flippers wrong and blew the transistors. Or there could have been a short somewhere to begin with. Happy hunting.

5 months later
#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Hi all - joining the club in the coming days! I ordered a new 1:43 diecast to replace the test car (that thing is so f'ing ugly...).
Do I need to put any type of protection on the actual car so it doesn't damage the pinballs? I don't care if the car gets beat up, but am worried about the playfield getting chewed up if the balls gets damaged.
I was considering adding clear bumpers or clear tape just to avoid the metal-on-metal contact.
TIA for any advice.

Info on car replacement here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-test-car-on-nascar#post-2301997

3 weeks later
#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Just found these at a local flea market. Unfortunately it came a little too late as I just sold my NASCAR.
lmk if anyone interested. 1:43 scale. Same as test car.

The test car is more like 1:50 scale. Fitting a 1:43 in there can be challenge, and usually involves removing a post. Many people do that, since 1:43 is a common size.

1 month later
#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

My very low play game which I believe has original rubbers has black rubbers everywhere. The manual calls for white. Which color is original?

White is right.

9 months later
#1423 1 year ago

Does the Dale Jr version use 5 balls? Reason I ask is because I had a decal set for Dale Jr and it had an "Install 5 Balls" sticker (for under the lockdown bar). Regular NASCAR has 4 balls.
If so, I wonder if you can enable a 5-ball multiball mode on NASCAR if you install the Dale code. You may have to install another switch/opto in the trough if it's not already there.

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Mine pin says install 4 balls. If you would like to see a photo of the lockdown receiver can take one. The one I purchased has been hardly used from the original owner.

Thanks for checking. I wonder if the 5-ball was just an error in the decal sheet or they had originally planned to do something extra for the Dale Jr version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattosborn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=mattosborn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.