• Latest reply 5 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 9 years ago

There is a steel roller on each stud so it can go up and down smoothly, one of yours may be missing.

#173 9 years ago

A photo will shead alot of light.

#176 9 years ago

You will have to make them rollers yourself, I have not found them for sale yet.

#181 9 years ago

I did not know these were the correct parts, hard to tell from the discription. Mine has play too, but not as much as you have. If the studs on your bracket are not worn I would try new rollers.

#188 9 years ago

Yes make sure the ball rests on the kicker fork and not ball plunger rubber. It needs to be touching the fork for a solid hit.

#190 9 years ago

The spring #4 will become compressed over time and allow the plunger tip to move forward. You can adjust it back by adding some washers #6, but there is a limit to how many you should add. Once 3 or 4 washers isn't enough you need to replace the spring #4 and go back to 1 or 2 washers.

1 week later
#217 9 years ago

Marco has the newton wire form.

1 week later
#258 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm having Nascar withdrawal. The right side of my right ramp broke a few weeks ago, and I haven't found a Cliffy that works there. I need to pull the whole monster ramp assembly out to do a JB Weld repair, and I can't get motivated.

Mine had 3/4" piece missing on the right hand side, I cut and shaped a piece of stainless to cover and installed it with double sided tape. Looks and works just fine.

1 week later
#270 9 years ago

Looks better than I can do! Very nice.

7 months later
#359 8 years ago

The decals are available from Marco's

#365 8 years ago

I will measure the flag on mine for you.

#367 8 years ago

First off the flag measures 1 inch high and 2 3/8 wide and it wraps around the wire and sticks to itself. You end up with a flag that is 1 inch high by 1 1/8 wide after wraping.

MustangPaul that is very nice of you to offer, you have a great collection. The next time I need to go to the cities I will give you a PM, Thanks. And the same goes to you, you can play or go fishing, if your in my neck of the woods.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I find myself up in that area every once in awhile.

Did you mean lost once in a while.

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I will see what I can come up with for the flag.

Its not a paper sticker, more like a stiff plastic or mylar.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Is there somewhere else in the game that one of these is used, or is the second one a spare?

There is only the one flag on my game.

#375 8 years ago

With two votes it's official, one flag only.

11 months later
#542 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

20v at the brown wire ).

You need to have voltage on both lugs of the coil, if not the coil has a break in the winding.

1 month later
#549 7 years ago

Just make one out of a piece of stainless steel and install with double sided tape. My right ramp is missing @ 3/4 inch of the right side. The piece I made is about 5 inches long and extends over the missing part of the ramp.

#551 7 years ago

I looked 2 year ago for a new ramp, nothing.... so I made my fix.

1 week later
#561 7 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

It works fine if I pull the plunger back out of the way

When you pull it back out of the way the ball rolls back and touches the fork, that's why it works then. The ball must contact the forks. The reason your shooter is in to far is because your spring on the outside of the game has compress over time and now needs to be replaced. You can try and stretch it but it might not last very long. It should be around a inch long.

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamboo27:

Anybody know the part number for these lamp sockets

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=285
It happened to me too.

4 months later
#630 6 years ago

It could be made to work if you want to.

2 months later
#666 6 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

4) coil Q9 on the side of the mech is somehow becoming energized during play and keeping the mech from locking. My gut feeling.

I think this is Q-5 not Q-9.

2 weeks later
#682 6 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Its acting like open and closed are backwards on the switch.

This is because its wired incorrect. All switches must be wired just like the picture.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#684 6 years ago

The pinouts on switches isn't the same from brand to brand. But you can only wire switches one way . Green wire to NO. Band side of diode to the COM. Non band side of the diode and white wire to the NC. You need to double check all the wires on all the switches on the garage.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I seek the ramp protector that was for sale...

Good luck finding one. I just made my own and it works great.

#701 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Would like to make a set as well.

You need a piece of thin stainless @ .040-.060 thick. I use the long paddle blade off a flow switch just because I have them and there free. I make a paper template to fit the ramp and transfer it to the stainless. Cut it out and file the edges smooth, bend it the shape of the curve of the ramp and install it with double sided tape. My ramp had a hole in it @ the size of a ball and this covered it up and made the ramp 100% usable again.

7 months later
#707 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Not your run of the mill TIP 102

TIP is a transistor, P22NE10L is a mosfet.

Replace it with this.
http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=515

2 months later
#737 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No version number on the sound ROMs, but the date on them of 8/5/05 is prior to the CPU date with version 1.02, so it looks like I need to bite the bullet and replace them all.

No you don't have to replace the sound chip. However you must upgrade the display and CPU roms together to work correctly.

#740 5 years ago

Here are my old set of roms. I didn't change my sound roms, as I didn't think there would be that much difference in them.

IMG_20180806_210649 (resized).jpgIMG_20180806_210649 (resized).jpg
#741 5 years ago

KingBW if your right ramp entrance isn't cracked yet, you should make a protector for it. Mine was missing @ 3/4 inch on the right hand side of the ramp and I took a piece of stainless flat stock to cover the hole. I attached it with double sided 3M tape after cutting and shaping it to fit. Also you should add a piece of lexan under the test car so the ball stops hitting the car and hits the lexan instead. I also opened up the mounting holes of the garage mechanism so that i could twist it slightly to aim it where it needs to be, then drill a new small hole and add a screw to lock it in place after aiming it correctly. Now I only have 1 ball out of 100 go down the middle instead of 1 out of 3 when I got the game.

2 weeks later
#761 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

A DVM meter shows no voltage going to the solenoid. No voltage going to the under playfield connector for the solenoid.

This is your problem, this must be fixed first.

Quoted from KingBW:

I put the DVM across the fuse and no voltage was going through it.

Voltage doesn't flow, current flows. Voltage is present or it isn't. So with DMM set to DC volts and black lead stuck under the ground braid, use the red lead to test for voltage. First check both sides of the fuse, if present on one side then the fuse is bad.
Then check the coil for voltage on both lugs. If only present on one lug the coil is bad.

#762 5 years ago

Oh Yeah don't mess with people from HELL.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

but the garage up solenoid #14 is not working

Solenoid #14 is also transistor #14. The corroded transistor is #5 and is another issue all together.

If you look at page 8 of the manual, follow solenoid #14 to the right and it shows a separate fuse for the garage coils. Its a 3 amp fuse mounted under the playfield to the left of the garage. This most likely blew when the bracket broke and the coil shorted out.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

However … with the new code, the hauler is too weak now

I noticed the same thing with mine after the upgrade. Try replacing the coil sleeve to see if that is enough to fix it.

Quoted from KingBW:

I need to investigate the cooper corrosion on the transistor. Just clean it and see what happens?

Use a Q tip dipped into a mixture water and 10 % baking soda and wash off Q-5 and the board around it. Do this a few times and then rinse with 97% alcohol a few times. Then let dry for an hour before turning on the power.

5 months later
#815 5 years ago

I noticed the car attaches to the garage with two different nuts, one has a raised bushing that fits the hole in the bracket. Should they both be the same? I found it worked better with the bushing nut on the right side

They both need to be the same. You tighten the screws and nuts tight holding the bushing in place and the car will pivot on the bushings.

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

I'll have to look out for another one.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5698-00

Marcos still has them in stock.

1 year later
#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from superpin:

I saw this a common issue an was curious if any of you could recommend a good fix.

I removed the garage from the play field and opened up the mounting holes with a drill. Then I remounted it to the play field and I could move it slightly left and right. After a few slight adjustments it hits the left flipper 99% of the time.

8 months later
#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's a pivot nut 3/8
#530-5698-00

Let me check my parts drawer when I get home tonight. I remember buying a spare, but I don't know if I sent it with the game when I sold it.

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That would be awesome, thank you.

Sorry man, I must have left the parts in the coin box when I sold it.

2 months later
#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Now NOT taking orders. PM for details.
Printed on mylar backlit material, double pass to display color correctly when lit.
It looks a touch dark when not lit, but i think thats all lightbox prints.
To give everyone an idea of how it looks, its beside standard led lit games. My nascar has an LED tube in the backbox.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Since your not selling these and I sold my pin and I would not hang this on my wall. What would the not for sale price be for me not to hang on my wall and throw in the trash?

3 weeks later
#1229 2 years ago

There was an upgraded coil stop and rom update for this issue. Marco's use to have them for sale and they are still in stock.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5043-86

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Interesting as the raise coil actually engages for a fraction of a second while the release coil pulls in.

That is part of the changes when using the updated Rom chip.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Im on 4.20 tho

Your past the 3.40 update. I noticed that a few coils acted different when I updated from 1.02 to 3.40 code. Mostly a bit softer hit. I sold the game a few years ago and my recollection is a bit fussy now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 12.95
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grumpy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=grumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.