• Latest reply 45 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#404 8 years ago

Recently picked up a NASCAR myself. I had a couple questions.

1. Are the metal pieces pictured here supposed to be attached to each other? The larger piece attaches to the plastic ramp behind the playfield, so a shot through the spinning cars hits the plate and drops. The smaller plate is right in front and above the larger one, but is actually attached flush to the back of the playfield backboard. I have my dad welding both trough scoops, the autoplunger bracket and the test car scoop! Lots of broken welds on this one.

2. Where did this broken plastic come from? I'm thinking maybe under the right ramp...? The plastic above the drop targets is also broken. Dumb that they have two long plastics with no support, and the drop targets have another plastic sign riveted to them! Too much weight. Does anyone make plastic protectors? I might be able to have some made for these areas.

3. Are the magnetic turbocharger things difficult to remove? I've seen people take them out to clean, but once I got in there, I was worried about all the wires being difficult to deal with. Is it worth it? I don't think its ever been shopped. You can see the subway before and after. It has several broken tabs too...

Thanks in advance! It played 'fine', but I knew it could play a lot tighter with some repairs and cleaning, so it's in pieces now. Looking forward to playing with it more in a week or two.

IMG_0533_(resized).jpgIMG_0533_(resized).jpg

IMG_0540_(resized).jpgIMG_0540_(resized).jpg

AWUL0646_(resized).jpgAWUL0646_(resized).jpg

#406 8 years ago

Thanks, FiftyQuid! I won't be so scared to remove them then. The opto solder/wires seem very fragile. I've already repaired three that were broken or just barely hanging on.

With the two metal pieces, which one goes 'on top'? Does the larger piece press against the back of the smaller one? The smaller one press against the top of the larger piece? Does it matter? I don't see the point I guess.

Also, the left ramp is split in two, and has two phillips screws holding it together near the backboard (by design). I can reach the screws, but not the nuts under the screws, so I can't seem to fully remove the left ramp OR the right ramp, since they are screwed together through the backboard! Any tips?

#408 8 years ago

I am pursuing having replacement plastics/protectors made for the plastic over the drop targets and the plastic on the left underside of the right ramp (lightning bolts on it, long and thin). They will just be clear plastics, but I thought folks might need them. I don't have pricing or anything yet, but if there is interest I can ask to have a few extras made. Both of mine are broken, but I have the broken parts. I just don't want the ball getting stuck. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=callmesteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.