• Latest reply 10 days ago by hawkeyexx
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 61 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(102 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#837 4 years ago

Joined the club today! 400 miles, 8 hours, and $1,800 later and it's officially in the house!! Big NASCAR guy, big pinball guy, great deal. That's a win-win-win!

Needs LEDs, a shop job, and I'll have to troubleshoot the test car/garage, but who can complain at that price for an undocumented HUO game?? They weren't pinball people and said they bought it in 2005. I have no reason to doubt them, but who cares? It's in great shape. I'll upload more pics tomorrow.

IMG_20190524_212346 (resized).jpgIMG_20190524_212346 (resized).jpg

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Great price too.

Thanks! Glad to be here.

On a second note, I never want to see another lane guide ever again. Lawlor was trying to kill us when he designed this thing.

IMG_20190527_212255 (resized).jpgIMG_20190527_212255 (resized).jpg

#849 4 years ago

My hauler cars aren't spinning and several other coils aren't firing after a shop job, including the slingshots. Did I blow a fuse somewhere?

4 weeks later
#870 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Picked up a Nascar trailer toy from Walmart for $14 to see if I could improve the bland, plastic, truck hauler area. I was looking for a larger scale truck (this is 1:64) - more like a Hess truck scale, that I could cut in half length wise and cover the truck "artwork" and give it 3D depth.

This is awesome. I actually have a couple of these trucks so I'll do this tonight when I get home.

#871 4 years ago

Has anybody swapped out the T-molding for black? I find the reflective chrome to be distracting.

2 weeks later
#904 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

save your pics, I bought one in many pieces.... might need some references on putting it back together!

No problem! I have all of them saved. Let me know if you need me to dump them on imgur or something for you.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Has anybody swapped out the T-molding for black? I find the reflective chrome to be distracting.

Okay so since nobody answered I took this into my own hands. Took about 5 minutes to swap out the T-molding and WOW does it make a difference. The game looks classier and the backglass actually looks better due to more perceived contrast - the same reason you put a black border around a theater screen.

Very happy with this decision.

MVIMG_20190717_171322 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190717_171322 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190717_171332 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190717_171332 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190717_171336 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190717_171336 (resized).jpg

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Dale Jr. or Grand Prix versions with silver???

If anything Dale Jr. might have looked good with red, but silver mirror? Whose idea was that? Looks like aluminum foil. Grand Prix maybe, but still no.

1 week later
#912 4 years ago

Anybody else get annoyed when the callout "I'd rather be lucky than good" gets cut off early? Bothers me every single time and now I can't unhear it..

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

I can't say I remember it. I'll have to listen for it...

It happens when your multiball start is lit but you don't make it all the way up the ramp to hit the opto at the spinning car. When the ball hits the switch behind the two other locked balls it says, "I'd rather be lucky than goo-GENTLEMEN, START YOooooUR ENGINES!"

3 weeks later
#920 4 years ago

Behold! The world premier of my custom translite featuring my favorite driver Kyle Busch!

MVIMG_20190824_130447 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190824_130447 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190824_130455 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190824_130455 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190824_130512 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190824_130512 (resized).jpg

#929 4 years ago

Two of those autographs are actually Kyle Busch, one is Truex, Denny Hamlin?, Ryan Blaney in the 12?

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Looks awesome. Well done.

Thanks!

#932 4 years ago

Top to bottom:

Kyle Busch
???
Kyle Busch
Brad Keselowski
Martin Truex, Jr.
???

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Kyle Busch
Jeff burton
Kurt Busch
Brad Keselowski
Martin Truex
Denny Hamlin

Most of them match close from a web search.
Thank you.

Yep I believe this is correct. Jeff Burton for sure confirmed and I'm pretty confident the last is Denny.

I never realized how similar the Busch brothers' signatures are.

4 months later
#953 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Recently joined the club, glad to finally have a Nascar machine in the house!

Come on in! The water is fine. I also have an STTNG. Nice collection you have going there!

1 month later
#971 4 years ago
Quoted from Gott1978:

Does anyone know of a reason why it would be removed? Thanks.

It's to keep the ball from getting hung behind the flasher if it gets flung off the wireform. Not sure why it would have been removed, but it's honestly probably not a huge deal. I don't recall ever having a ball bounce on mine.

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

red lights are on

Does it trigger the switch on the switch test?

Quoted from Herk:

Does anyone know what exact size bit those are?

It's probably easier to drill it out and buy a new lock. There may also just be something blocking the left side. It would be unusual for the bar that holds the translite in to be broken.

1 week later
#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from Herk:

I made some art blades and instruction cards today. What a difference!

Amazing! Can you also share the template you used for the side blades? I'd like to do something similar with Talladega, my hometown track.

4 weeks later
#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

And the service bulletin items ...

Is there a list of these somewhere? I haven't done them either.

1 week later
#1040 3 years ago

Got to CHAMP1 on the first game last week:

8 months later
#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

test car is not responding to hits

Easy spot for broken solder. That's what mine was when I picked it up.

3 months later
#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Ill check the rubber

Is it the right size? Looks a little loose. Try a size smaller and see if that helps.

2 weeks later
#1273 2 years ago

Sad to say I left the club this weekend. I enjoyed being in it for two years though. Sold to fund another dream pin.

#1275 2 years ago

I did actually! Very nice guy. It went to a good home. It will be missed though. Only sold it to fund a Star Trek Premium so I can complete the Star Trek quad-fecta.

1 month later
#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Does anyone know how to change some of the extra ball settings?
Somehow my game is set up for an extra ball at 21M and I light extra ball with two right ramp shots (hauler miles?)… I’ve looked through the manual/settings and changed the EB setting to 10% and the settings to hard, still didn’t fix!

Is the replay value set to extra ball instead of free game?

6 months later
#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from Rcrain82:

PinMaster where could I get that translite and custom sound Roms would be epic!!!! Mine already has a translite I have never seen before but it nowhere near as cool!!!

I made this translite because I'm a Kyle Busch fan

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pahuffman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=Pahuffman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.