• Latest reply 7 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 9 years ago

And I'm just leaving pit road and coming on track with your car....I mean pin. Thanks for bringing it over yesterday. While sprucing it up last night I broke the mounting point for the "Use left flipper to enter pit road when flashing" sign. It's only mounted to the ramp plastic and it had been broken and reglued at some point. I repaired it with a small stainless steel strip, only took about 20 min. and is now better then new. Replacing all the gi bulbs with frosted led but will leave the inserts as is for the time being. First mod to go on will be the speaker panel decal then the tach then ??? maybe some Comet led strips.

4 years ago on a SWELTERING Florida August day I put 24 laps on Daytona doing the Richard Petty Experience. My car only had a 650hp "B" motor so I was limited to 6300rpm but it was still good enough for a fastest lap of 160mph. Back then you had to follow your instructor and he set your speed but you were still in the car by yourself. Now the instructor rides with you and tells you when to go faster. What a bummer, nothing like being in a race car by yourself. It was soooo hot in the car sweat was poring into my mouth and rivers were running down my sides. I came away with a whole new respect for what those NASCAR guys do.

I bought the 2 camera on board video and added my buddies footage from the infield, did some editing and added titles for lap, time, speed etc. Turned out WAY cool.

IMGA0558.JPGIMGA0558.JPG
IMGA0559.JPGIMGA0559.JPG
IMGA0557.JPGIMGA0557.JPG
IMGA0560.JPGIMGA0560.JPG

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I did the RPDE at Daytona the week before the 2012 Daytona 500, was great except I kept getting the yellow light down the back straight for getting too close to the lead car. Took some restraint to not pass the guy, had to realise I wasn't racing my dirt car.

Fun aint it. How many laps? I did it before they resurfaced the track and in between turn 3-4 there was a dip that jerked my head sideways every lap. I don't know how the drivers in a real race, in traffic and 30-40mph faster then me could handle it. I know they have side head guards on their seats and I didn't but man hitting that just messed me all up.

#52 9 years ago

Hey guys, check out the topic "My Custom NASCAR topper & mod talk". I just finished a light up mod for the 'Saturday Night Short Track Racing" sign. I think it turned out great. Here's a teaser shot.

IMGA0561.JPGIMGA0561.JPG

I told ya it was a teaser. Go see my "How to" post.

Happy modding.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I see how weak that spot is and relocated my pit sign onto the ramp screw with the riser. It only moves it over an inch or so.
Post edited by mbob

Yup I saw that option also.

#55 9 years ago

Been to quiet here so I thought I'd wake you guy up with my new spot light mod. A modified Binballbulbs double spot light.

IMGA0595.JPGIMGA0595.JPG
IMGA0596.JPGIMGA0596.JPG
IMGA0597.JPGIMGA0597.JPG
IMGA0598.JPGIMGA0598.JPG
IMGA0599.JPGIMGA0599.JPG

Before.

IMGA0602.JPGIMGA0602.JPG

After. It really makes a big difference.

IMGA0603.JPGIMGA0603.JPG

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

which set of roms sound better, Nascar or Grand Prix?

I for one don't know what GP sounds like.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from ChubbyRubbers:

cool mod MustangPaul, I put a 7smd blue strip from Comet by the Saturday Night sign and it really shines too !

Well done.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I just updated my ROMs (from version 1 to the latest basically) and don't notice that big a difference in gameplay.
I also just finished a full LED replacement and that's a bitch on this game! Looks amazing but seizure inducing in a dark room...and an already too dark playfield is now impossibly dark. This game needs spots and strips bad, so that's next.

I gotta get that rom, every little bit helps. I've been trying leds in the inserts but it will clearly need the OCD board, the game has beautiful light patterns. I've put 2 double spots on the slings and the one tall double (see above post) spot in that spot and a strip behind the sign (see above post). It would be nice to light up the Test Car scoop but with the way that assembly works it's not possible. Lighting up the flipper buttons (I did in red) looks great with this game.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Nascar is better, Grand Prix guy has a bit of a dodgy British accent.

You can tell it's fake?

#67 9 years ago

The lighting is pretty stunning on this game. I'm considering an OCD controller. I also have invisiglass on mine, which is the best mod ever.
The game is growing on me a lot. I need time to let a game sink in and reveal all it has to offer. Whether I love it or hate it the first 50 plays it takes me at least that long to know. I'm looking forward to brightening up this game.
I think a shaker would be awesome.

I agree on all counts, I just wish it wasn't such an air ball monster and had more car and music sounds.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I found the photo

423104_3411933505221_1483792706_... 101 KB

Very nice. You get the on car vid also? I'll have to dig my plaque out and post a picture.

#71 9 years ago

Anyone have the Hooked tach on their NASCAR? I just put one on and with a good solid shot to the spinner I can only get about 4000rpm out of it. What can you get out of yours? On Mustang I can up to 8000.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I think I got mine higher than 4000 RPM. I posted a video of gameplay and the mod on YouTube
» YouTube video
Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

Looks like you were over 6k a few times.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I found the photo

423104_3411933505221_1483792706_... 101 KB

Found my plaque. In the second picture I added all the run text in PhotoShop, didn't come that way from RPE.

IMGA0610.JPGIMGA0610.JPG
IMGA0611.JPGIMGA0611.JPG

#80 9 years ago

Hi Guys, just put on the speaker panel sticker on my NASCAR so I thought I'd share my thoughts. The graphics look good but the material is not, way to thin and all 3 of the cutouts don't fit worth a damn. All of them are way to small, at least 1/2inch could have been cut off on all 4 sides of each cutout. It was for sale on ebay with a make offer so I offered $20 and they accepted. So for $28 shipped it's OK I guess. Ya get what ya pay for right.

IMGA0613.JPGIMGA0613.JPG

You can see how much should have been cut off on this shot. All 4 sides on all 3 cutouts should have had this much cut off for a proper fit.

IMGA0614.JPGIMGA0614.JPG

#81 9 years ago

Hey guys why so quiet? Anyways, I just put a 12in. blue 12v led strip in the shooter lane and it looks really nice, took about 30 minutes.

IMGA0617.JPGIMGA0617.JPG IMGA0619.JPGIMGA0619.JPG IMGA0618.JPGIMGA0618.JPG
#83 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

I really like what you did with the shooter lane, I may try that in mine once I get it back up and running, hopefully this weekend. I'm going to be putting in LEDs this coming week, any specific suggestions that look good in Nascar outside of just matching insert colors and white GI? Thanks for sharing the pics!

Yeah the strip lit it up nice. I'm getting leds too from Comet should be here Monday. I'll let ya know what I got, can't remember right off hand and they are out of the lcd OCD boards which will be a must have for this game.

1 week later
#86 9 years ago

I just put Comets "Sunlight" frosted bulbs in the 10 sockets of the pf backboard and they give the graphics a much more daylight look. Try um.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I just saw the pics of the routed one that sold. Any tips on keeping my drain scoop looking new and not getting beat up? Just clean balls and clean game?

Yeah, don't play it. Sorry just had to say that. Mine with about 600 plays is still like new so that routed game must have had 1000's of games on it. The only thing to do is put some mylar on it and and roll it over the edge so it is stuck to the bottom of the pf.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

what about something like liquid nails? Mine looks like it came out of the box also.

I wouldn't put that on the pf.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

hey guys I am having a weird issue with my Nascar . weak coil issue in the hauler ! changed the driver on board and still weak seems to fire strongly every so often then it will take 4 or 5 tries to kick out to ramp . any ideas ??

Bad or gummed up coil sleeve, mushroomed tip that makes contact with the ball?

1 week later
#102 9 years ago

A word of WARNING. I took the captive ball plastic off to put a glow ball in and I noticed the plastic looked a little foggy so I used some Novis #2 on the underside to shine it up. That was a BAD idea because it completely clouded up BAD! The only thing I can figure is that when the printed and cleared the back side they cleared the whole thing, printed AND clear part.

To try and fix it I wet sanded with 2000 grit to get whatever coating was on the clear part of the plastic then went over it many times with Novis 3 and 2. It still looks like shit so I dropped Stern a line asking is they had plastic #21 they could sell me. We'll see what happens now.

Anyone have an extra #21 captive ball plastic.

#103 9 years ago

Kevgascan and anyone else here are some pictures of how I mounted the 2nd 30cm blue led strip on the right lower part of the race track buy the apron. The apron fit perfectly by mounting the 3/4in. wide polished stainless steel strip is mounted on. The led assembly is then glued on to the back of the race track metal so the led strip is resting on top of the race track metal using clear silicone which works just perfect when the stainless is bent to follow the curve. I hope all this make sense when you see the pictures. It really looks great along with the shooter lane strip I put on.

As you can see in the last 2 pictures I also added a Comet 6.3v green 7 led strip to the plastic center drain also. Just siliconed it to the back of the plastic drain.

IMGA0660.JPGIMGA0660.JPG IMGA0661.JPGIMGA0661.JPG IMGA0662.JPGIMGA0662.JPG IMGA0663.JPGIMGA0663.JPG IMGA0664.JPGIMGA0664.JPG
#104 9 years ago

OK guys here's my latest light mod. The left upper corner of the race track was really dark so using a Comet 6.3v blue 7 led strip I made a holder from 1/2in. polished stainless steel and stuck the strip to it. It really does a nice job of lighting that area. Total time about 3 hours, total cost about $5.

IMGA0665.JPGIMGA0665.JPG IMGA0666.JPGIMGA0666.JPG IMGA0667.JPGIMGA0667.JPG IMGA0668.JPGIMGA0668.JPG
#107 9 years ago

Just installed the OCD board in mine, took about 15 minutes. Works great right out of the box but will have to tweak it a bit but I can tell it will work as advertised.

IMGA0694.JPGIMGA0694.JPG
#109 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It's a great board. I have one in my CSI, and I wouldn't do LEDs without it.

I put another one in Avatar LE that has Comet Ghostbusters in it and I don't really have to tweak it at all and NASCAR has the Comet .69 cent twin led bulbs which they say to use but I have to tweak it. Very strange.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptP:

Just got off the phone with a seller and hopefully tomorrow will be bringing a HUO one owner machine to join our small collection super psyched to go check it out. Looking forward to putting some led mods on it! Paul bought the machine I had been looking at and was slow pulling the trigger on but turns out this is much closer to home and a lil bit better deal for once in my pitiful life shopping around comes out right hopefully!

Really. The shipping would have been a killer for you that's for sure. Yeah check out my light mods, I think they brighten up the game a lot. Welcome to the club.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptP:

Thanks Jason but I am going to look at this one a couple hours away if the pictures do it justice it's like a NIB and at 2200 it's joining my meager collection... The g/f and I had a blast playing a routed machine that was a real wanker test car didn't go up or down track magnets not working target issues it was in need of some tlc can't wait to play a minty one, had some awesome scores on the crapola one I think my best score was about 95 mil

If you want to see something really funny take the balls out and power up the game. I just goes spazzy.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

It finally came!
Thanks to Rob (Gwaxt72)
Fantastic game in perfect condition!

image.jpg 173 KB

image-359.jpg 267 KB

image-58.jpg 224 KB

image-263.jpg 268 KB

Let the modding begin.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Welcome race fans! Joined the club yesterday.

20150211_142855.jpg 202 KB

Looking goooood.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptP:

Yes a couple of good looking machines there for sure...
Mine the only thing I found wrong was a spring disconnected on 1 drop target! I was a little disappointed it had 1 bung on right side of the head if not for that it would have been CQ
Paul where did you source your OCD and bulbs @? I am thinking of using pinballbulb for my led's I saw there kit has a couple of the spotlights...
Has anyone put a color DMD in there's yet?
Well two days until vacation and NO pinball for two weeks... sad lol only bright spot is I am hitting the FT Lauderdale show on Nova State campus... Never been to one looking forward to it!

Hey Capt ya got time to talk. I pm'd you my number.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptP:

Paul just found your reply buzz you in a bit!

OK, I'm home all Friday evening. Working on pins of course what else.

1 week later
#129 9 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hey all, can anyone tell me if theres a way to find out where the actual CHAMP1 letters are that you need to complete, I have got all my champ letters once an started the mini wizard off the scanner, but the other night I had a great game had all the letters but one, an couldn't work out where it was located on the playfield to get it, I understand you get them through the drops, speed shots, hard racing and the scanner etc.. Question is, is there a way to know you have collected the one from hard racing, and collected the one from speed shots ,but you haven't collected the one at the drops etc,??? hope this question makes sense? any help will be greatly appreciated , cheers..

Sorry, no clue here.

#137 9 years ago

Starting personalization.

20150222_113732.jpg 209 KB

20150223_145441.jpg 215 KB

What ya doin?

#140 9 years ago

Started led's. Added topper, and got a tournment button. Pinram eleminator no more batteries. Thinking about taking old sling shots and adding cars to them. I want to buy that speaker panel graphic also. Led speaker lights.

Yup your busy. Don't expect much for the speaker panel, very thin and fits like crap, the openings are not cut to fit so they are way smaller then the openings of the panel. If you want one he accepts offers, I offered him $20 and he took it.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I made some changes to settings last night that really opened up the game for me. I forgot that I had set it to tournament mode. After doing a Factory Reset and setting the coil strength to "hard":
- Scanner awards are much better, and not duplicated
- Hauler miles EB is much easier to get (only 700 miles)
- My scores have gone up dramatically
- No more track problems
It's probably not right for league play, but it's a lot more fun this way!

Interesting.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, it kind of shocked me. I'm used to seeing 2 columns of 4 awards that are the same thing. Now I'm seeing things like "Rudd hat" and "Rusty shirt", and every one of the 8 is unique. It's also giving me some pretty good awards - add 5 laps, move up 1 place, etc.

Looks like this game is turning out to be pretty deep.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just updated my diagram in post #130 to the original PNG - much better resolution. I need to update the Scanner awards, since they're a lot more varied now.
Here's my Free Play card. I like to give credit to the whole design team; let me know if I missed anyone.
Free Play.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
EDIT: yep, I missed some people:
Dots/Animation by: Adam Rhine, Greg Dunlap
Mechanics by: John Krutsch, John Filz
The mechanical engineering for Nascar is pretty complex. Those guys definitely deserve some credit.

Looks great, now if you could only make um for us Ford guys.

1 week later
#161 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I just joined the club today. The entire PF needs to be stripped. PF looks good, but is way too dirty for my liking. I'm a STERN newbie so expect a bunch of stupid questions over the next few months like how do I take off the lockbar!
I'm hoping to re-energise this club!

Well welcome, sounds like you have your work cut out for yourself, I'll help if I can. Did you read all the posts so far? Some good stuff there.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I've read through every Nascar titled thread on Pinside. Even the stuff as far back as 2012. Based on what I've read the biggest add-on mod is the tachometer which doesn't really seem to work well or at least it is very sporadic. There hasn't been many threads on switching this pin over to LEDs. No conversations about toppers people have made (except for the Budweiser case). There some great stuff on switching out the bash toy with a real 1:43 scale model, but it sort of died out. There's a nice sticker add-on to the DMD area, but the sizing is incorrect. No mods on converting the truck into a real truck???
This pin seems to be hard to find parts for too. I've got a cracked right ramp and everyone seems to be sold out. Cliffy doesn't make any protectors for this pin and it's got one of the largest mouths after the flippers of any pin out there.
I'm a little disappointed. I am a Nascar fan, and want to fix and then bling out my new pin but there doesn't seem to be much out there for it. Am I looking in the wrong places?
Oh, my first newbie question:
1) On the translite I have Rusty in the Miller Lite car, but on the side of the pin the decaling shows the Rusty logo on the car. The Miller logo is no where to be seen. Is this the way all Nascar pins are or do I have a mismatched pin?
2) Oh, and a second question… It this pin wrapped in a decal or is it silkscreened? I'm thinking silkscreened. I haven't looked at it closely enough to tell yet. Thought I'd ask.

I hope you saw my light mods I did to mine in past posts and the ocd board is a must when you put leds in it. As far as the gap between the flippers it's just a little over 2 inches which is very good considering the gap on Mustang is almost 2-1/2 inches and 2-1/4 inches for MET. Your right about the plastics, I've never seen any. Your Rusty and Miller logos are correct. Did you go to ebay and search "Nascar pinball", I thought I saw an alt translite there and you might find some plastics. The cab sides and bb are screened. For this game you pretty much have to make your own mods. I put 3 double spot lights on mine and some blue led strips and lit flipper buttons.

#165 9 years ago

Your gonna love the ocd on NASCAR, the light show is great with the sweeps and fades. If a ramp breaks we're screwed and hope that Freeplay40 comes to the rescue with a new ramp. Never seen that ramp protector before.

#169 9 years ago

The screws should be #6-1/2in. Don't know about the slop, never had a problem with mine so don't know what's inside the slide mech. I'm just guessing here but the bolt is what limits the side slop and that bolt is worn. Pull it apart and post pictures of those inner workings.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks. The #6-1/2 screws are the ones that screw into the T-nuts? There are two of them. Is this correct?

On page 98 of the manual it shows Item #3 (Bracket, Coil (Flipper) & Switch as "secured below the P/F: #8 x 1/2" SHWH (Qty 7). I don't get why it says qty 7 if two of them are #6 x 1/2" and 5 of them are #8 x 1/2". Sorry if that was confusing to read.

Looks like I was wrong, #8-1/2in. hold the bracket to the playfield. I don't understand where you have T-nuts for the bracket. Did you take them off in picture #1?

#177 9 years ago

The screws that help "lock in" the t-nuts like the other t-nuts around them are #6-1/2in.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You will have to make them rollers yourself, I have not found them for sale yet.

Or maybe he could go with a bigger diameter bolt to take up the slop. And put a very light coat of grease on the slide mech.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

So do you guys think the rollers are the root cause of the issue? Do any of you have play like this in your rollers?

The only root cause is that that's the way it was designed, if it were designed better it would have roller bearings. All this talk prompted me to take the plate off and look at mine, just normal slop on mine. I cleaned the old grease off the bearings and plates and put this on. Everyone should have this in their toolbox, great stuff.

IMGA0816.JPGIMGA0816.JPG
#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

If the studs are screwed then I'm thinking of installing a thin piece of plastic the full length of the bracket in between both pieces to keep it straight.

Better be Teflon then.

Quoted from Fifty:

Grease? You had grease on yours? Mine was bone dry.

Yeah, it was old and sticky so I cleaned it off and put the good stuff on that plate, rollers and roller paths.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My right ramp broke on the right side (just above the drop targets). I didn't realize it until the ball got stuck up there! Has anybody used another game's ramp protector successfully there? I don't think Cliffy has done this one yet.
Thanks,
John

What??? let's see a picture. The ball is only coming down the ramp with no real force behind it so a Cliffy wouldn't do anything. I gotta see this break.

#191 9 years ago

I would think that the wires that stick up for the switches are the cause, one or 2 may have to be bent up so they push down further for switch contact. Go into switch test and roll a ball over each one and see if they register.

1 week later
#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I need to do something about this. Has anyone pimped their Nascar with colour?

Just what I've posted so far. I myself don't like the look of white/clear inserts with colored bulbs in them, only 2 of mine have color changers in them and of course lighting up the Saturday Night Racing sign.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I don't like the look of this either. I always colour match inserts with LEDs. The person I bought the pin off of installed white LEDs for everything. It looks terrible. Everything is muted or yellow looking.

I like your mod to the Sat. Night sign. It's the sign that I have a problem with.

The best I can count there are 23 yellow, 13 orange, 18 white and 7 red inserts. I tried color matching them and it looked like crap except for the red and white. I wound up putting Comet 2 smd clear dome bulbs in all except the red which I put red flex's in to really light them up. The white clear dome bulbs let the original color of the inserts shine and they also let the facets of the inserts sparkle like my Mustang Pro and ST Pro. When they designed the game they should have put a few green and blue inserts in to give it more color I think. My game looks more modern now. Hope ya got the OCD board in it.

Maybe you could come up with a better sign mod?

#204 9 years ago

I tried the yellows in the yellow inserts and they were to dark for me so I stuck with the white. If I had the money and the time I'd get the star post lights from that German place (can't remember their name) they are something like $13 each but they fit completely inside the post, I have a couple on my Space Shuttle and they really look great. Yeah that sign above the drops is bad, it needs to be completely removed and something enclosed made so it could be lit would really be custom. Keep us posted with what ya come up with for drop targets. I know another Pinsider that might be able to come up with something for them, he's sending me some custom ones for my T3.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Did you use cool or warm white? I'm thinking warm is the way to go.
Will do about the sign above the drops. Right now I'm focused on tearing everything down.

I use cool, to me it let's the natural yellow color of the insert show. One thing I just did to add another color to the game was to put a few of Comets 2 smd clear dome yellows in a few of the yellow inserts. These yellows are brighter but have a slight orange tint to them. So now I have a few inserts that are inbetween a yellow and an orange. It looks interesting but I wish the pf had a few greens and blues.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Anyone know if this is the proper guide rail for a Nascar Stern? This is the only part number I've been unable to find in the manual. Mine is chipped on both sides. I'd like to replace them.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5017-00

Don't know, give them a call or email. The listing says Stern.

#213 9 years ago

Your game has had a hard life, just look at that coil dust under the apron. When I get a new game that's the first thing I clean. Did the wireform break at a weld? Is so that will be an easy fix but you may have to get it chromed if your OCD kicks in. Good luck finding any of the plastic ramps, I've never seen any for sale. I have seen a pf for sale and the stickers.

#216 9 years ago

If the Newton wireform isn't fixable I wonder if Marco or someone has one. If the outer loop is through the clear that could be a problem. If there's no paint missing maybe you could tare it down, clean it up and have it cleared.

#219 9 years ago

The clear from the factory isn't the best that's for sure. While you can still get one why don't you go all out and buy a new pf and have it professionally cleared. Probably 1k or under total then you'd have a NASCAR that would be worth a lot more. Then sell the old one for a restore.

Bayareaamusements has them in stock for $400. Now THAT'S a deal for a new one.

#221 9 years ago

I would think a trough switch but if it doesn't saw "ball missing" at start up it might not be. Just have to muttle through switch matrix best ya can. I've never really messed with the optos myself.

#224 9 years ago

I totally understand, wow $700 CAD man that's tough. I don't know how you guys can stay in the hobby with that shit. I feel like getting one and light it up just for wall art. Could be worth some good money 10 years from now. I'll be following your progress.

#225 9 years ago

Is this era of Stern the one with the cheap switches?

I don't know but I don't like the sound of that.

#226 9 years ago

It does occasionally go through the "missing Pinballs" thing.

I'd check the switch for the last ball in the trough then.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There was a gorgeous cleared playfield for $500 at the Texas Pinball Festival (HSA or HEP, can't remember the TLA). I seriously thought about it, but I just signed up for a CPR Paragon playfield this week.

Crap, I knew I should have gone. Maybe next year. Do you know any way to contact that person?

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It's actually cheaper for me to ship to my US address and then drive 2 hours across the border to pick it up and pay the duty/taxes.

I don't think so, I've had some pf's shipped and not all that far and it was still $50. How much would duty fees and gas to your US address and the time round trip?

Quoted from Fifty:

Mustang, if you could let your economy tank again it would really help out us Canucks.

Sorry can't help ya, I'm way to busy working on my games and my Mustang to mess around with that crap.

1 week later
#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

I added 8 Dale jr cars and a tach to mine.

dale jr 6.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
dale jr 3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
dale jr 5.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
dale jr 4.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

They be drivin all over the pf now. Looks good. Now ya gotta light up that Saturday Night Short Track sign. That area needs lighting bad.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That isn't the mod add-on tach. Looks like one you did yourself. Am I wrong? It looks great, just curious on the cost. The mod is priced ridiculously. How much did this one cost and did it take you long to wire up?

I've got the same one, it's from Pinsider hooked, www.hookedonpinball.com a little over $100 shipped. Very easy to install, it's plug n play.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Is it a regular car tacho?

Yes but it has been modified by hooked but it's a trade secret as to what he did.

#248 9 years ago

Yeah he researched the heck out of it and found no way to work around it.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm having Nascar withdrawal. The right side of my right ramp broke a few weeks ago, and I haven't found a Cliffy that works there. I need to pull the whole monster ramp assembly out to do a JB Weld repair, and I can't get motivated.

Oh man that's the shits, it's that bad. There has to be a ramp out there somewhere. Put a Wanted to buy ad up. Did you check Australia? You can come and play mine anytime.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Dig the game Minus the MULTI-BALL SONG!
Someone code the sound rom for another song!

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

FYI... I am working on making a negative mold to replace my left ramp. I may also do the right ramp as mine is cracked. The reason I'm working on the left first is because I've never done this before and it's the smaller ramp of the two. I am going to attempt to make one out of PETG. My main reason for doing this is because ramps for this game seem to be non-existent. Plus I don't want to pay $120-$150 for another cheap ramp that's just going to break again.
Also, I've contacted Cliffy about making ramp protectors for Nascar. All I have to do is send him the templates. Stern actually sells metal ramp protectors already, but they cost an arm and a leg from Marco.

Good for you, keep us posted on your progress.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Because that's a much worse system. I hate working on games where you can't pull the playfield forward. This system allows you to pull the playfield out and lean it backwards against the head.

You got that right.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

You basically have to pull the PF out perfectly or you end up digging a line into the cabinet sides.

That's right, practice makes perfect. Same when putting it down. You get the hang of it rather quickly when you have mirror blades on a game.

1 month later
#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Guys do you have a spacer like this installed on both of your slings? I am just putting mine back together and noticed only the left has one. Sorry for the blurry pic. It was on the front most post.
20150328_135246.jpg

Nope I don't. Without it does your sling plastic sit level? For some reason that plastic post looks shorter then mine. Do you have a star post on each sling down by the apron?

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Oh, and could I get someone to take a photo of their right ramp entrance for me? I have two black posts here that I think should be rubber, but they are not. They're just black plastic. This whole area just seems odd to me.

No that's right but the washer on the left post should only be as big as the rounded tip of the plastic that sits on top of the post. I imagine just a little bigger might not hurt but the one you have on is waaaay to big. Are those bulbs the old flat top ones? You really need to toss those and get Comet clear dome led's, they are sooo much better. The OCD board is a MUST for the inserts on this game. Your playfield inserts will fade and sweep like it was designed to do and it works right out of the box with no adjustments.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

***DAYTONA!!!***
Someone code this song as the multi-ball song!!!
» YouTube video

Nah...that's ok, I can do without.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Those bulbs are someone's sick idea of "100% LED'd PF and GI. All of the LEDs are flat top. EVen the flashers are 8SMD flat. All of them are white. They make the inserts sickly and washed out. Of all the things driving me crazy on this machine, the LEDs are the winner.

I have Comet 1SMD (no dome) under the PF of my F-14 Tomcat. Each insert is colour matched. I went through 3 different colour LEDs for the orange inserts until I discoved warm white. The GI is all 1 SMD with frosted domes. I have two LED strips (x7 leds) installed too. One in the Yagov tunnel, and one in the LAUNCH area. It just looks awesome. All of it controlled by a LED OCD. I wouldn't have LEDs without one. Best add-on I ever bought, next to LEDs of course.

Thanks!

Awh you know what your doing, good man.

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks Paul! That means a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to balance the lighting on my F-14. I overspent on LEDs and had a lot leftover after the swap but I am 100% happy with my pin.
One thing I haven't done is the flashers. There is something I just enjoy about the old #89 bulbs. Have you updated the flashers on Nascar or any other pins?

Your very welcome sir. Leftovers leds...I have hundreds of leftovers and for some reason (that I'll never understand) I almost always don't have what I'm looking for when I want to try something new. It's partly Comets fault... they keep coming out with new stuff. Yes I color matched the flashers with the flat 8 led flashers. By using the flat ones it "fills" the flasher domes with color. If I use the tower type I can almost make out the individual leds on the sides of the tower and I can for sure see them on the top because they are so close to the top of the dome. I like the more pure color it gives the pf top side flasher domes. I put reds in the yellow domes and they look nice and orange when they fire and the domes look yellow when they don't. Crazy hugh.

1 week later
#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Guys, did Nascar originally come with incandescent bulbs? I have these sickly white LEDs under the entire PF so I thought I'd switch some of them out to get the true colour of the inserts showing. I put in about 20 and switched on the machine. One word - gross. The yellow inserts looked almost orange. The white just looked dirty. I put the sickly white LEDs back.
This is the first time I've turned on the machine in over 2 months. I had been tearing it down to clean it and make some minor repairs. So the "you are just use to the sickly looking LEDs" does not apply here.

Incandescent's came in the game. You put 20 incandescents in the game? Are the leds the old flat top ones? If so they were the first gen of leds and were really bad. After cleaning the underside of all the inserts I put in Comets 69 cent twin led white clear domes in mine and the facets of the inserts sparkle now like the new Sterns. I love the look. Only color matched the reds.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Yeah, only 20 under the PF. I just wanted to see what the game looked like stock. I didn't like the look of it at all. So then I started playing around with some of the leftover LEDs I have. Trying a warm white here, a cold white there. I even tossed a blue into a few of the white inserts just to see. I'm just experimenting right now. Then I'll place an order with Comet (including the LED OCD).
Anyway, the incandescents looked terrible in it so I took them out. Yes I still have the crappy flat top dome LEDs in the game. They are the main reason I'm experimenting with my leftovers. I swapped out the reds. The reds look great colour matched. The orange needs warm white for sure. I don't know what to do with the yellow inserts. Warm and cool white look sickly. I didn't have a yellow 555 LED bulb that I could try. I'll might just take a battery, connect it to one of the yellow 44/47 LEDs I have and stick it under the PF to see what it looks like.

Are you using the clear dome or frosted?

#292 8 years ago

Yes in the inserts. Well all I can say is that I have the 69 cent Comet 2 led clear domes in my yellow inserts and they are yellow. Are your inserts clean on the underside? That's about the only thing I can think of.

IMGA0926.JPGIMGA0926.JPG IMGA0928.JPGIMGA0928.JPG IMGA0930.JPGIMGA0930.JPG
#294 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Darnit paul!!!!!
You're really making want a Nascar, I think that's the next one I'll get. ...or a Corvette....decisions decisions.

What are Pinsider friends for. Have you seen the pictures of what I've done to my game in the thread?

#296 8 years ago

Mot me, I really don't care for his work.

#301 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Do you have all red LEDs under the Collect R-A-C-E, Speed Shots, 250K, 300K???

No, my camera just makes them look that way. All are Comet clear dome, 2 led .69 cents each, 100k-white, 150k-yellow, 200k-yellow, 250k-yellow, Speed Shot-red, Collect Race-orange and Jack Pot-white. The yellows are brighter then other makers yellows but they have a slight orange tinge to them. You'll just have to get some and see if you like them. You might also try all white in them and see if you like that also. It's just trial and error till ya get what ya like.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I have standard white leds and mine is a greenish colour as well

Are your inserts clean on the underside? Try the clear dome leds. As you can see from my pictures my yellow inserts are beautiful with the clear domes.

1 week later
#312 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I haven't delved into the ball trough yet. Instead I decided to look at the garage. You guys might remember my earlier posts about the "gap" or "play" I had in the garage mechanism. Well I tried ordering new bushings, but I'm limited up here in Canada as far as part shops. Marco is the best place to order but ever since they switched over to that Global Shipping shipping costs are completely nuts for Canadians. I place my orders through Starburst and then split the shipping costs with others. Anyway… long story short I took apart the garage today.
I decided the best way to fix the slop in the garage was to insert a shim on the bearing side. I started looking around work for a piece of metal that would work. I had to try a few different ones before I found one that was the correct width and the proper fit. I inserted the thin metal into the mech, added some teflon spray, and then tightened everything back down (as per the manual warnings). I then decided to resolder the switch that tells the game that the garage is up or down. My garage had been bouncing up/down constantly. Up 3 times after hitting the START button for a game. Start a mode in the Garage and the garage popped up only to go back down and then up again. Needless to say it was annoying as hell. I removed all the crap soldering someone had done, re-stripped the wiring, tinned everything and then soldered everything back in.
I fired up the game and the Garage just sat in the PF. Crap I thought. It's broke. But I decided to start up a game anyway. The ball looped around the track and hit the Test Car as it exited the loop. To my surprise the Garage popped right up! I fired the ball into the Garage and started Bump n' Run. The ball ejected right onto my LEFT flipper! Sweet! I managed to get multiball almost immediately, and two CHAMP letters. Another few Garage modes and my game was done. Just over 78,000,000. My record high!
This game is soooooo enjoyable with a properly functioning Garage. I was having the SDTM problem due to the slop in the mech and it was so bad that I was just not having any fun playing. I ended up playing all evening and managed to finally get my name in lights twice! My son, who is 6, also put up his best game at just over 6,000,000.
I'll try to take a few pics tomorrow of what I did with the Garage slop. My goal is to figure out how to get all the Champ1 letters now. I wasn't able to figure them all out.
*Fifty goes off in search of the hit/mode flowchart for the game*

Hey that's great to hear about the garage. I had a party last night and a few hours in the game went into ball search and said NO balls were in it. CRAP!!! Haven't had time to look at it yet. It's really a pisser to have a game go down to the point of having to turn it off right when your having a great party. I HATE!! that. All other games played perfectly thank God.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Oh, and I noticed a couple spot welds are broken on my Garage mech.

No problem if ya got a buddy that can TIG weld.

#321 8 years ago

Yup if the ball drains between the flippers and the VUK kick's it to the ball trough it's not the VUK switch, it's one of the trough switches. You'll have to drop the trough and go to switch test and manually try each switch. I'm having the same problem but have only had time to test the VUK switch, which does work. It worked without going into switch test because it was kicking the balls up into the trough.

1 week later
#324 8 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I would like to announce I have purchased fiftyquids Nascar and am part of the club. I love buying machines that have the major issues dealt with.
A fun game that fits my auto theme (High Speed, Checkpoint).

Nice to have you here, hope ya keep it for a while. Yeah that's the only way. Hope he didn't scalp ya to bad.

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

My two pin limit

In this hobby are you kidding me.

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm slowly wearing my wife down. I started with one pin. Then two. Next year I'll push three. There is talk of us moving to her hometown. If that happens the floodgates are open!

Ohhhh I see, the age old hobby killer "wife" syndrome. That's why I never got married. Many years ago when the talk got serious with a couple of old girlfriends they "told" me it was either them or the Mustang.......I still have the Mustang.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

My wife still gives me that look when I tell her the longest relationship I ever had was with my Jeep Cherokee (11 years). We have only been married for 8.

Well just a few more years and you'll be out of the dog house. I've had my Mustang 45 years and counting.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I am looking for some ideas for a topper. I have a relative going to the Michigan race so it would be nice to have a few ideas.
Posy some pics of your custom toppers.

Sorry I got nuttin for ya.

1 week later
#333 8 years ago

Hey guys I got some info for ya. My NASCAR wasn't seeing any balls in the trough and I couldn't figure it out so I called my pintech and it turned out that a couple of these guys (see picture 1) were bad. He and I are thinking that these 2 green and 1 white/orange stripe wires (picture 2) were shorting out against the garage pop up mech that they were wire tied to. The solder joint was good and the wire insulation was not broken but as soon as we moved them off where they were wire tied to the metal (picture 3) all was fine and we had continuity. So move those wires off that metal piece is my suggestion to you.

IMGA0076.jpgIMGA0076.jpg
IMGA0074.jpgIMGA0074.jpg
IMGA0075.jpgIMGA0075.jpg

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Just played a few games on my Nascar this evening. I picked one up because the price was right, and it would be: stay for a few months and then move along. But wow -- it is such a fun, deep game. Great rules, great strategy, great stacking, great call outs (and I am not a Nascar fan or even know what the deal is with general car racing), fun mini-wizard mode, and great buildup to the wizard mode. Of course, it did take me a while to get everything dialed in to minimize lame drains. The only lame drain that I still get is from the left orbit where it bounces of the wall on the right side of the orbit and goes SDTM. Probably I need to work on my side cabinet slap skills.
In the end, such an under rated game and great bang for the buck. I'm happy to member of this club.

Welcome aboard.

1 month later
#342 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Just joined. Got it at work.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Nice to see you here and a sit down game too. Is that a real stock car I spy?

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Yes it is. I run The Winston Cup Museum Special Event Center. That is one that was used on RPM tonight. Have 20 +cars in museum.

Can I come work with you....PLEASE. I've ALWAYS have had great respect for those drivers so a few years ago when I was in Daytona I did a 24 lap Petty Experience. It was the year before they resurfaced the track and you had to follow your instructors car. I bought the 2 camera in car vid and edited in footage my buddy shot from the infield. I even added titles showing time and speed for each lap.

IMGA0169.jpgIMGA0169.jpg

IMGA0170.jpgIMGA0170.jpg

1 month later
#348 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Well she broke down. I had the auto plunge coil cook. The Q2 is bad. I brought it home to work on and thought "time for a Soap shop job". This is how it sits now. DSC05817.JPG

Ouch. Was it on location? How many plays did it have before the coil and trans go out? Looks like it's in good hands.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

My decal guy hooked me up with a custom "bash" toy decal. This is on location at the race car museum I run. He said if anyone else wanted a custom decal to let me know and we could work something out.

DSC05857.jpg DSC05858.jpg

That is KILLER!! But how would the decal on the side of the car hold up being bashed all the time.

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Paul,
Test stage now. It has a laminate over the decal. I believe he used a 3m vinyl. Will keep posted.

Sounds good cuz that has to be able to take 10's of thousands of hits.

3 weeks later
#366 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I will measure the flag on mine for you.

Hey Grumpy if your ever in the TC some weekend give me a shout, we only have 2 games in common so I think you'll have fun.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

And the same goes to you, you can play or go fishing, if your in my neck of the woods.

Thanks, I find myself up in that area every once in awhile.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

There is only the one flag on my game.

Same with mine.

#376 8 years ago

Ohhhh that makes my day.....I'm Official.

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Don't get to crazy on the "official thing". Its Nascar, and rules change by the lap.
rimshot.jpg

I saw what you did there.

4 weeks later
#385 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

No. It is has a plastic shell and tires that are riveted to a cardboard base. The windows and everything else are decals. It is really well made. Must have been a display or promo for a bar or liquor store. Has a date of 2005 on it. It is identical to the Miller Lite car on the bg.

Cool.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This ks a fast pin, exactly the way I like it
Some pictures of the end result

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Welcome to the club. That looks really nice. The OCD board is a must for this game same as NASCAR.

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Upgraded the speakers but that didn't really improve the sound quality. I guess the sound samples or audio quality of the electronics itself are just not that great
This is my first white star pin so had to try

Yeah, about the only thing to do is put a Pinnovators sub board and a powered sub on it.

3 weeks later
#411 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So lighted the full car up from the inside with a warm-white 3 mm led. Up to the next mod

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks good but could you put a 7 led strip in there and light it more fully?

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It looks in person a little more filled as on the picture. Pictures of LEDs are Always a PITA
The hole already present in the bottom is just big enough to slide a 3 mm LED in there, a strip is a no go. To insert a strip you would have to enlarge the hole in the bottom in a big way which I was not prepared to do as I like my mods to be reversible

I see.

#416 8 years ago

Now ya gotta light the center subway drain. I did mine in green to add some color using a Comet 7 led strip.

IMGA0663[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0663[1]_(resized).JPG

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Consider it done

Not having a Comet led strip I had to improvise with leds I had lying around. Not the nicest solution but it works

That looks just fine.

Quoted from Rensh:Also this did me notice my cleaning of the pin was lazy style, cleaned the subway but not underside playfield

Yes that IS dirty.

Quoted from Rensh:Thanks for the inspiration. Already have the 12 VDC led strips for the shooter lane but didn't find it my taste. Perhaps a retry is in place

Yes, those 1/8 inch wide strips look a lot better cuz the strip is narrower and there are 30 leds on a 30cm strip not 15 on the wider strips. Beatmasters red shooter housing light up would look great on the game along with the red leg light up.

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'll be officially in on Wednesday.
Now just to find a place to put it.

Good goin Slim.

Yup your fillin up, almost caught up to me.

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yep, had a fun game

image_(resized).jpeg

Nice score.

1 month later
#433 8 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Any tips on rubber replacement? Looks lile the top left by the infield will be a real pain to get at.
I also wouldn't mind lubing the hauler while I am already tearing things down.
Just wondering if there are any been there done that tips.
Not in any hurry right now. Nice weather = yard work. Lots and lots of yard work....

Wish I could help but I haven't had to touch anything on my game yet. Not a very active club is it.

2 weeks later
#438 7 years ago

Just have a new metal tab welded on. No need to buy a whole new scoop just for a screw tab.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

The scoop has been welded in several other places by someone else already and the welds are somewhat poor (they seem to have been too hot and melted a lot of the material around the welds). The screw tab is very small and is one of the ones at the exit scoop. The break is right at the 90 degree bend where the tab attaches to the scoop. With the balls being kicked up against the scoop to eject them into the shooter lane I am concerned that a weld will fail (in addition to being very difficult to achieve in the small 90 degree area that the 2 pieces meet). I may have to do that if I cannot find another solution, but my preference would be to either get a new scoop or modify a new standard scoop.
This is a first pinball machine for a friend of mine who knows nothing about pinball and is not mechnically inclined. I am shopping it and trying to fix everything before I deliver it to him. I would like to get it as reliable as possible for him. I live in Texas and he lives in Florida, so it will not be so easy for me to stop by and take care of any problems he may have.

If you get this one fixed have it TIG welded not MIG.

3 weeks later
#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Here are some pics of a Nascar I just shopped out for a customer. Cointaker premium LED's, Titan Red Competition Rings, Mirror Blades and new plastics, etc. FYI used the Grand Prix Plastics so per the customer request I put on the Grand Prix Slingshots etc but they have the originals to swap out. You can also see in one of the pics "the after" of replacing the stationary targets under the test car.

Looks great....but you really should light up that Saturday Nice Racing sign in back.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

I just joined the club 2 days ago. Havent had much time with it yet. Previous owner put in leds and color matched everything on the playfield. The yellow and orange led colors dont seem to work well with this machine. Ive not had much luck with those led colors regardless. I never use orange. I swapped the orange to warm white and yellow to cool white and looks much better.
Like others have mention wish they used more colors for the inserts esp considering the theme there should be green!

Welcome to the club, which game did ya get? I use Comet 2 smd clear dome in all my inserts, they really sparkle now. The OCD board is worth every penny if you have NASCAR, your insert fades, sweeps and flashing will look perfect. I have it on my NASCAR but don't know if it works equally well on GP.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Nascar, didnt think to mention that since Im in the US but of corse you never know. Ive been looking at the OCD board just hesitent since the leds dont seem bad now. Guess i dont know the difference?
Sounds like even if u could find new plastic ramps they could easily break again. Was looking at this site http://www.pinrepair.com/ramp/ and their idea sounds interesting to make your own protectors. Has anyone tried something like this?

Thanks, that helps to know which game you have. The fades of the leds should be smooth not jerky. Have you looked at the side by side videos of the OCD in action? This game REALLY needs it.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

I'm guessing the OCD smooths them out and makes them less seizure inducing.

It makes the inserts perfect not just less seizure inducing.

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Anyone put mylar on the playfield other than the upper left outer track part that stern recommends? I feel like anywhere the balls drops from a trail takes a betting on playfields.

I didn't.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Green means go

You should think about putting clear washers on your sling plastics, they let the light shine through so you don't have those dark circles from the metal ones.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyo5050:

Did the led tube mod for the backbox. Even with the frosted bulb it is crazy bright. I think it is causing some glare on playfield.

Check out www.arcadeupkeep.com, their dimming backbox led panel is really nice, I have it on my ST Pro, Mustang Pro and NASCAR and really like it. Damn camera, they are white not blue.

IMGA0583[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0583[1]_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#497 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

ok dumb question here. I have a hard time with computers and whatever. so I got a dale jr new in box and I was wondering if I needed to update the code. when I turn on the game it dosent say what code it is. could someone tell me how to make it say what code it is, so I dont have to open the bag that has the manual in it
also is there a big difference between new code if there is one and the original.
If you mock me I will spit on your pf. (like when you are mean to the wait staff)

Ron, BK nailed it....but you really should get your hands on a manual. WOW NIB, how the hell did you find that?

3 weeks later
#500 7 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

any alternate translite, maybe Dale and a lady or not so much red! love the play of this game, but man the Dale one is ugly. and I would be up to help anyone willing to take on the ricky bobby experiment anyway that I can to get it on my game!

Not that I've seen.

1 month later
#503 7 years ago

Your having fun. Do you have the OCD board in yours?

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

No OCD board. There is a nice empty space for one in the bottom left of the cabinet.
I looked some up. I am a bit leery about "should" work.
Epecially when I live hours from the nearest pin parts store.

It's a MUST HAVE for NASCAR, the BEST mod for this game, I LOVE mine. It's no brainer easy to install, just follow the instructions.

2 weeks later
#508 7 years ago

Oh man that's crazy. I wish I could help.

1 week later
#514 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Guys,
I'm having trouble with the ramp switch behind the truck.
It wasn't activating all the time so I tried to adjust it, now it never works.
Any hints on how to adjust this one? It is so hard to get too, I only want to get back into it one more time.
Mark.

You may have broken it.

#516 7 years ago

I see, I've never had to mess with mine so I'm no help. I have a switch like that on my BF and it's a pain too.

#523 7 years ago

Finally got champ 1 and captured it all on stream
» YouTube video

Man that's GREAT!

1 week later
#531 7 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

Champ1 completed and 2 1st places. did it on location! so stoked right now!

1 week later
#534 7 years ago

Yeah I like that blue also, is that candy blue.

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Any problems with the pinblades?
I was considering them. The whole ram the pf forward to get it in makes me a bit leery about narrowing the gap. Plua the whole scratching the crap out of them.

You should put the support rails on it, I did and no more ramming.

1 month later
#553 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Yep, pretty damn hard to find a ramp. There is one for sale at MAD amusements for 500 bucks. What a joke, such greed...

You gotta be shitin me. That guy is a known crook, there's a whole topic about him.

1 week later
#556 7 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Hey folks. New to the club as of last night.
Having some goofy ball-lock issues but I will update when I get the locks drilled out.
Glad to have a new bird in the flock!

Welcome to the club. Buying without knowing what's inside can be exciting. Let us know what you find.

#560 7 years ago

2) My auto-launch isnt working. It works fine if I pull the plunger back out of the way. So, it appears to me the forks are hitting the plunger head. I inspected the launch assembly and it's loose but I really don't see any more play in it than any other coil-arm mechanism I've looked at. Is it possible my shooter rod is bent?

That's a known issue with some Sterns, It's been a while but I think I had to remove the shooter housing from the cab and put a few washers on the opposite side of one of the top threaded screw ins of the housing, that will center the shooter tip. Easy to do but difficult to explain.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

When you pull it back out of the way the ball rolls back and touches the fork, that's why it works then. The ball must contact the forks. The reason your shooter is in to far is because your spring on the outside of the game has compress over time and now needs to be replaced. You can try and stretch it but it might not last very long. It should be around a inch long.

Yup that would do it too. I've never seen that before though.

#572 7 years ago

New rubbers
LEDs
New DMD (had a spare)
Switch adjustments on the stand-ups that were scoring each flip
Velcro in the Test Car scoop (still kicking down the gut but much less often)
Washers added to the shooter to help the auto-launch

But did you get the OCD board for the insert lighting?

That is some steal you got there. I would have done the same thing as you.....and I already have the game.

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamboo27:

Anybody know the part number for these lamp sockets I need 5 of these for my NASCAR pinball they completely came apart when I tried LEDing my machine thanks
Alex L CCPL

Their 44 sockets. Go to Marco and look for pictures of the same ones.

#576 7 years ago

tachyometer mod (at $100+ I'm not sure yet but it looks pretty cool from what I can tell.)

The tach mod doesn't work well with this game, I have it and don't care for it. Mustang yes NASCAR no.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Watched the video.
Definitely NOT getting a tach mod.
Does not appear to match up well with play. Either at 0 or stuck redlined.
Probably better on a Checkpoint but it already has the PF tach.
I am thinking custom painted/skin for the test car is the way to go. Especially if you have a favourite driver.
Maybe, maybe mirror blades for some more flash from leds. (no real added value like leds or a color dmd)
The flipper bat mod just looks cheesy/cheap (imo).

My Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up would look great on the game but not sure what color.

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Did it for mine. Has held up great. Well over 300 plays.
It is a decal.

Damn that looks good. What kind of paint did ya use? Could we get a close up of the ball strike side? Would you do others?

#584 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

That was before I put in game. Not paint, it's a decal. I'll get a photo today of strike side. Would do others.

I see. How much would you charge?

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Here it what it looks like now. I will get with my decal guy on this.

Looks like some smudging or dirt from ball strikes on the white part. Does that clean off?

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Think of it as tire rub....short tracks ftw! Hahaha

But...but...but tire rub goes in circles. I still want one.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Found a really beat up and destroyed Nascar near to me as well as a mustang which had been vandalised while on location, love the way Nascar plays and considering a re-theme as the game is trashed but cant decide which one to buy as a project, anyone here with a Nascar/Grand prix that also owns Mustang? Which is the better game and why? Thanks guys.

I have both and to me Mustang is way better, also about 2k more expensive, but price depends on where you live.

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

how many grand prix's are in the US? asking because i kinda just bought one and would like to know this fun fact when people come over to play it. I understand it is rare here and I see 8 dots on the owners pin map, not very many!

I saw and played one in my area a couple years ago.

#602 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Working with my decal guy on this. Will let ya know when we get it figured out on price. As you all know custom work takes some time to draw out. He is going to get back with me soon. I will keep ya posted.
Thanks

Thanks, I'll be wanting one too.

1 week later
#604 7 years ago

Hi guys, I just finished putting my Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up (both in white) on my game. Combined they light up the cab great. They aren't as blindingly bright in real life. Pinside is doing something weird with my pictures. LOL

IMGA0978 (resized).JPGIMGA0978 (resized).JPG
IMGA0008 (resized).JPGIMGA0008 (resized).JPG
IMGA0975 (resized).JPGIMGA0975 (resized).JPG

IMGA0974 (resized).JPGIMGA0974 (resized).JPG

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Looks good Paul! Nice plane too!

No pictures were showing as I downloaded the game pictures so I tried another picture. They only showed up when I posted. I tried to delete the incorrect ones but they wouldn't delete. Robin must be messin with something.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No pictures were showing as I downloaded the game pictures so I tried another picture. They only showed up when I posted. I tried to delete the incorrect ones but they wouldn't delete. Robin must be messin with something.

and now THAT happened.

2 months later
#612 6 years ago

Kinda quiet in these here parts. Wow was that a wreck or what at Kansas this weekend. Made my heart sink when they had to cut him out of the car.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I'll be getting mine back this weekend, its been at its other part owner's house. I only had it for a week so looking forward to getting it back.

How is the split ownership thing working out?

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Is there any chance Dale jr. Could be added to the title of this thread? Although I don't think there's very many owners in pinside.

Looks like it's already added, look at the top of the page for the games listed. Welcome aboard. Not very many mods available for these games, mine and a couple others.

3 weeks later
#628 6 years ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Joined the club yesterday

I wonder why you have a Getaway type plunger on yours. Never seen that before. Oh and Welcome to the club.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone added spotlights to the playfield? its a very dark playfield at times.

Yeah I have 4 doubles from Pinballbulbs on mine. The first picture has blue bulbs the rest are a combo of purple and natural white.

IMGA0127 (resized).JPGIMGA0127 (resized).JPG

IMGA0128 (resized).JPGIMGA0128 (resized).JPG

IMGA0129 (resized).JPGIMGA0129 (resized).JPG

IMGA0130 (resized).JPGIMGA0130 (resized).JPG

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks Mustangpaul, I was wondering where to place them. What did you connect them to? GI is the obvious place but iirc the reason its so dark sometimes is the GI is off?

Yes, any gi. What is iirc?

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I.f I. R.ecall C.orrectly

That's a new one on me.

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Really? I'm not huge on Internet acronyms but I see iirc all the time. Perhaps I should stop trying to hang with the young 'uns and act my age

2 months later
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The garage on NASCAR can absolutely wreck the game. If the garage isn't working the game is no fun at all. Thankfully the entire assembly is very easily removed from under the PF.
If I ever get another NASCAR back I'm going to put all my new 3D printing knowledge to work to find better fixes for people that have malfunctioning garages. I really enjoyed the game and I know I'll have it again someday.

That would be very nice of you. Mine is working great.....knock on wood.

1 week later
#655 6 years ago

When you power up it's supposed to go up and down 3 times then stay down until you make certain shots to make it go up.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine is a GP if that makes a difference although I doubt it.

Really, I have no idea.

#660 6 years ago

Check the coil to make sure it has constant voltage during operation. That's about all I can think of.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Mine definitely doesn't do that. What version rom are you running?

Well it's not doing that now....I swear it did that. When I start a game the garage is down till the ball is plunged, goes around the race track, comes out and hit's it, then it pops up. These games drive me crazy sometimes.

2 weeks later
#675 6 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Does anybody know if there's a way to manually adjust the number of hauler miles required to light extra ball?
It's auto-adjusted up to 1500 but I haven't found a setting to adjust it back down to the default 550.
I've also figured out how to hack the graphics ROM to replace text. So far I've altered the random scanner rewards (ex: Harvik Jacket -> 24 oz Bud can) and super fan mode:
» YouTube video

That's pretty cool.

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This reminds me of people buying HDMI cables for their TVs. A $100 HDMI cable is no better signal-wise that a $6 cable. It's digital. It's 1's and 0's. On or off.

How about 4k with 3D?

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That ramp protector is a myth! I saw it on Marco for some astronomical price. Cliffy said he'd make me one if I sent him a template, but I sold my NASCAR before it happened. That is probably your best bet.
The right ramp will never be reproduced by Stern again either. Two years ago I asked them about it and they told me in a few weeks. I think the actual email I sent and the reply I got back are within the posts in this forum somewhere.

Sounds like a job for Mark Freeplay 40.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I thought the ramp was to big for his set up. Would love to see this remade though, my Dale needs one.

Might be but he's making a bigger set up to make bigger ramps so we'll just have to wait and see. He's had health issues so that's really slowing him down.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I spoke to him. The current setup is too small for the large right ramp (it's fine for the left one) and the demand for this ramp is not there.

Yup.

7 months later
#710 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Well, that wasn't it. Next is the U2 gate. Makes sense as the garage coil locks and the mech rises with the clock pulse.
Will socket along the way as always.

Bummer. So much for the easy fix.

1 week later
#715 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

After fixing that issue I found the trough vuk overheating by smell, and killed the game asap. I see there is a service bulletin for that exact problem.
It's pretty clear to see what happened here.
Bought for a route... garage problems... hire a guy... guy breaks more than he fixes and doesn't do the service bulletins... says screw it too much trouble... sits on route broken and unplayed...
Its has 2000 paid credits with avg ball times under 45secs. The playfield is dang near perfect, and now the rest of it is. Oh well... all those peoples quarters lost are my gain!!!
This is an exciting pin. It deserves to be rated better than xenon even.

The LED OCD board works wonders on this game when you led it.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey MP, my friend. Seems that everywhere I go on Pinside you pop up! I'm going to have to start calling you "The Cruiser", 'cause you like fast cars and . . . well you should know the rest of that Stripes quote (btw, don't call me Francis, or I'll kill you!)

hahahahahahahahaha yup, I really enjoy reading what other pinball nuts are doing....how do ya think how I got over 21,000 posts. I really appreciate what you do so I'll take those NASCAR cards. PM sent.

3 weeks later
#721 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Joined the club yesterday with a nice HUO from teddyb73 ... and seemingly embarking on another pin project that doesn't seem to have been done yet. Anyone else tried converting their Nascar to a Talladega Nights pin?
Looking into it, my options seem to be Pinsound or Pinball Browser for changing up the audio...

Welcome to the club. Never heard of that being done .

1 month later
#728 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You know what this thread is missing? Some pin moving pics. I joined the club last weekend and finally got it home and setup. Only 254 plays, version 1.02 code. The garage shot shoots it SDTM most of the time. Tweaked it out of level a bit, but that didn't help much. The service bulletins mention it and shows that I need to update the software. Some previous owner installed 4 smd LED bulbs that shine straight up for GI lighting - not good. I read through this entire thread to try to learn what I could. Good info. My list is as follows:
1. Buy the updated EPROMs for CPU, voice, music, video, etc. from Marcos and hope those are easy to change out.
2. Fix the Garage VUK if still necessary (I don't understand how some people use mylar in the scoop to fix it).
*** If I don't like the game at this point - sell it. I have yet to play a good playing NASCAR at a show with everything working, but want to like it ***
3. Replace GI LED bulbs with 2smd frosted bulbs
4. If I like the look, get the LEDOCD board - yes mustangpaul
5. Investigate if any cliffys or mantis protectors can be installed - anybody know?
*** If this is going to turn into a keeper … ***
6. Get the rpm gage and add something electronically to make it slowly go up and down (maybe a capacitor & ???) like a electronic snubber valve. I have someone looking into that.
7. NVRAM - easy plug in and no soldering for this game I read
8. Bug the crap out of soapman for the test car decals (join with me please) - those look fantastic!
9. Crowd side blades - where can I get them? I can't find them.
10. If it is a definite keeper - Pinsound. Anyone do that yet? Changing some sounds and music would probably be a good upgrade.
11. If #10, then upgrade speakers and connect to a sub. I've read it's not worth it otherwise.
I want and hope this game works out to be great![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club. WOW that's like new with only that many plays. I have no suggestions for you except for the OCD board which is a must and my 2 mods.

2 weeks later
#744 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Is this bracket braking on the solenoid to hold the garage mechanism up a common issue. It was working just fine last night. I installed the new roms this morning and the first play on default settings it broke. Is there a setting to turn that down? Also the hauler solenoid to kick it down the ramp isn't strong enough now and the ball gets stuck there an can't find it. Gonna have to see if I can tweak that too after I find and install the other new bracket. Argh!
[quoted image]

Sorry to see that, mine has never broken. I hope you can find that part.

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yep - appears to be a "known" problem listed in a Stern service bulletin. I saw that bulletin when I bought the pin, but the kit includes older software on the ROMs. Marcos has a newer beefier bracket that I can buy separate to fix the known problem. Maybe it was just a coincidence, or maybe newer software than what I had (1.04, but showed 1.02 on screen) would increase that solenoid power and cause the bracket to brake. Unsure, but have the bracket on order now. Another $56 bucks bites the dust … that's pinball.

It's good to hear that the bracket is available but man $56.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Glad I taught myself how to weld!

Yeah I got a buddy that TIG welds.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Here are some comparison pics of the weak broken bracket to the beefier fixed design bracket in the Stern Service Bulletin.
[quoted image][quoted image]
The last pic shows the bracket thickness difference.
[quoted image]

WOW! That will NEVER break. Thanks for posting. A trace on the back of the MPU?

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm lost when it comes to the boards. Might need to call in a pinball repair dude if it's something on the board. One of the black square things with the cooper loop sticking out is green. Just normal cooper discolor? [quoted image]

That's a transistor and it's probably shot, it's not supposed to be green. I wonder what the back of the board looks like. That board is gonna need some work. The board comes off easy just make sure you mark each connector and where it goes when you unplug them. Take pictures too or draw a diagram to be sure. It may look difficult but it's not.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

No reason to think about a new board unless ther is something major hiding underneath. That’s an easy fix on a board designed to be repaired.

What he said. You have to take the board off to give it to Clay so take it off and snap some pictures of the back for us so we can see.

1 month later
#775 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

i am joining the club! i have had my nascar for 4 years but i just haven't joined the club. but here i am

Welcome to the club.....finally.

1 week later
#779 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joined the Nascar club. What a fun, cool game with a lot of ball tricks. I ordered an LED OCD board last night and I can tell that's going to make a huge difference with the inserts. There are inexpensive, ghosting, white LEDs in the inserts and it looks awful due to flickering and lack of lighting effects.
I swapped over my Pinstadium kit last night and it looks terrific. I mainly play in a dark room, so I prefer the playfield well lit and Nascar really benefits from the lighting. The colors pop on the playfield and it's great to clearly follow the ball(s).[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club, I put the OCD board in when I got mine and it makes a WORLD of difference even with the right out of the box settings.

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Excellent! Did you keep the stock settings or make changes?

Stock settings right out of the box.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So. Yeah. An LED OCD board is a must for Nascar. Holy cow! What an incredible difference with the LEDs acting like normal bulbs for all the cool effects, fading and sweeps to properly display.
I can see the handful of non-ghosting LEDs I installed, because those are the only ones showing flickering. All my other LEDs are old, flat top, ghosting LEDs and they work perfectly.
Seriously, before the LED OCD, it looked like every damn insert was lit due to the crazy flickering. Many times I wasn't sure if an insert was legit lit or not.
Value wise, the LED OCD makes perfect sense in Nascar due to how many insert bulbs there are. Buy xx amount of non-ghosting LEDs and you're close to the cost of the board and still don't have the great effects.

Yeah it's great and it works best with regular leds. If you really want to see great pf inserts get the 2 smd clear dome white leds like the ones in ST or Mustang. If the underside of the inserts are clean the facets sparkle like a new Stern. Don't even think of color matching the inserts. I put white Leg Lights and a white shooter housing on mine and I think it looks great. Look how my clear leg bolt washers light up to, much better in real life though.
IMGA0974 (resized).JPGIMGA0974 (resized).JPGIMGA0975 (resized).JPGIMGA0975 (resized).JPGIMGA0977 (resized).JPGIMGA0977 (resized).JPGIMGA0978 (resized).JPGIMGA0978 (resized).JPG

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Interesting … I have a big mix of bulb styles on mine that I want to communize. So … I want the ghosting ones if I go LED OCD? They will dim, but the non-ghosting ones will not? Wouldn't have thought of that. Glad there wasn't any good deals on bulbs at Expo then.

You want the regular led's not the non ghosting. The non ghosting circuitry in the bulbs confuses the OCD board.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

mustangpaul those white leg lights look great. I hope I get to see them IRL some day.

Thanks and It would be great to have you over and play in my 2 gamerooms.

#798 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

My wife took notice of the pinblade art on the Batman 66 we played on the weekend.
I am still on the fence for pinblades.
Was thinking mirror for Nascar to get all that led reflection.
Just not a real priority. Would rather have my $ ready for a color dmd (when it happens?!?).

I wanted mirror blades for mine but I just don't have the clearance.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have that plunger installed (from a previous owner) and I know what you mean about the OCD. When I have a party and I am just walking around checking things, I keep going over after someone plays it and twist it straight so that it doesn't look odd.

I have the Hurst shifter knob and it doesn't bother me if it's not aligned.

1 month later
#806 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Easy fix this time. A wire was off on the main up/down garage coil.

Glad it was an easy fix for you.

#809 5 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

What's the best way to fix the track exit popper bracket? The coil stop on the machine I am looking at broke. I'll see if someone can weld it back together, but is there a better option?

Just buy a few, then you'll have some back-up, buy some coil sleeves while your at it and replace that sleeve.

1 month later
#814 5 years ago

Zip ties are pretty strong so it could be a while.

#821 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

I am joining the club though a bit late - got my Nascar at MGC around 2013 or so. This is a fun pin! Anyone know if there is a cliffy type protector for the ball trough area at the bottom of the playfield?
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Do you have leds in the game?

#823 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Yes, fully LED'd and in fairly decent shape. In a prior life, my pin had been at a Chuck E Cheese joint in the Wisconsin Dells, where it was abused, but I fully restored it and it works well now (at least most of the time).
[quoted image]

Good to hear you fixed it up. Do you have the LED OCD board in it. It's a must have when you put leds in it.

1 week later
#826 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

mustangpaul I've never heard of an LED OCD board. Can you tell me more about it or where I an get some info? What am I missing out on by not currently having one?

Here ya go. It's the best mod (except for my Leg Lights and Volcano LOL) out there for the game. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-led-ocd-tips-tricks-thoughts-and-advice/page/13#post-4850221

2 months later
#830 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Late posting, but picked up a sweet NASCAR at TPF! Pin Stadiums, LEDs, extra Hot Wheels, translite, and more. Very clean and plays great! A unique game I've always enjoyed -- even though I'm far from a fan of the sport.
Spent some time "under the hood" today, and this has GOT to be one of the heaviest playfields ever. All those assemblies... drops, diverters, test car, accelerator magnets, metal guides... the thing weighs a ton![quoted image]

Welcome to the club.

2 weeks later
#842 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Joined the club today! 400 miles, 8 hours, and $1,800 later and it's officially in the house!! Big NASCAR guy, big pinball guy, great deal. That's a win-win-win!
Needs LEDs, a shop job, and I'll have to troubleshoot the test car/garage, but who can complain at that price for an undocumented HUO game?? They weren't pinball people and said they bought it in 2005. I have no reason to doubt them, but who cares? It's in great shape. I'll upload more pics tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Great price too.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Definitely use non-ghosting LEDs in the inserts, or even better, install an LED OCD board. The inserts look crazy with LEDs that ghost in this game. The LED OCD board smooths out all the insert effects and looks great. My eyes were going crazy with all the flickering and ghosting in this game otherwise.

My OCD board worked perfect right on of the box.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

On a second note, I never want to see another lane guide ever again. Lawlor was trying to kill us when he designed this thing.

LOL Just a tad bit heavy.

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Thanks! Glad to be here.
On a second note, I never want to see another lane guide ever again. Lawlor was trying to kill us when he designed this thing.
[quoted image]

Make sure you clean the underside of all the inserts before you install leds.

2 weeks later
#853 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Still on the hunt [quoted image]

Wish I could help ya.

3 weeks later
#879 4 years ago

Welcome to the club. The OCD LED light board does wonders for the inserts light show.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Has anyone seen this marketplace ad? I can't believe it's a legit ad. What is NASCAR selling for in the USA? Up here in Canada it's closer to $4K now so to see one selling in NY at $2K ($3K CAD after taxes) is almost too good to be true.
Anyone know the seller?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81115

I would be VERY careful on that one and go and see it first hand. That price is way to low.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

What's the going rate on NASCAR in the USA?

Mine is mint, bought it 2 years ago local for $2750

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Here in the UK it's a relatively scarce title. I mentioned I had just got one on a UK forum and had 3 people contact me within hours wanting it after me Different markets.

Sounds like you could get more then what you payed for it when you go to sell it.

1 month later
#921 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Behold! The world premier of my custom translite featuring my favorite driver Kyle Busch!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I really like that but would like a Ford one.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I am in the club as of last weekend. Has some autographs on the translite not sure who they are yet.
Loving it so far.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club.

5 months later
#954 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Recently joined the club, glad to finally have a Nascar machine in the house![quoted image]

Welcome. Gonna put any mods on it?

1 week later
#959 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Back lit short track and uv outlane are the only mods so far.[quoted image][quoted image]

I did those 2 mods also. Keep in mind my Leg Lights and cup light. I have white on mine.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Since the test car is a little blah, has anyone put the Grand Prix indy car in their machine? Does it work with the theme or is it weird?

I think it would look weird myself.

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Need a new updated MAGA backglass[quoted image]

That was sooooo cool but man what a bad wreck at the finish on Monday.

1 month later
#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone have any used plastics for sell? Mods?

I have my Leg Lights and Volcano pincup light for sale. I have white on my NASCAR.

6 months later
#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

I just got this machine from someone as a trade. The loop around the outside is a really cool feature. Although no death save possible hahah. I wish they did the same for the new hot wheels seems like a missed opp.
Anyway, It needs all new rubber but they are mostly OK and I just replaced the flipper rubber. and a few of the post rubbers that came with the starter bag. still was all stapled to the inside of the cab. No wear.
Anything I should look for? seems to play fine. I may LED this game. but for now seems OK.
any mods? or cool things I can do with this?

The OCD board is a must for this game and you don't need the more expensive anti flicker leds too.

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

the rpm gauge is a pretty cool mod, just wish we could figure out why it sits on redline when the center drop target is down

It looks nice but he never got it to work right in this game. In my Mustang Pro it works perfectly.

3 weeks later
#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Joined the club today. It is in ruff shape. Audits shows 40152 plays. This thing looks to have been used hard for sure. It does have the tops tournament kit. It is by far the worst shape machine I have bought. It will be my long term project for sure. I don't mind saying I paid 800 for it. It doesn't have a normal coin door. It had a card reader on it I think. It has a broken left ramp so Ill have to find one. Probably replace all of them if I can find them. Both flippers are pretty much gone. It has the flipper basses, and is missing a right flipper coil. Let then fun begin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yup your in for a fun time. Hope it turns out good for you and you don't have to sink to much $$$$$ into it.

4 months later
#1182 3 years ago

Also the OCD board is a must for this game when you are installing leds.

1 week later
#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

The hacks and oddities on my machine continue.
Switch 13 (trough switch #3) was registering as switch #14 (trough VUK Opto). Odd.
I traced the the row 5 wire (white/green) back for switch 13 and found that someone had pulled it from its spot on a Z connector and shoved it into the same spot as the wire for row 6 (white/blue). So at that connector, the wires were tied together, and the white/green wire lost its path back to row 5.
Why. Just why. I struggle to see why someone did that. Bet it’s been that way for a long time...
Anyhow, I pulled the white/green wire from both sides of the Z connector and soldered / heat shrinked it. And boom, my trough switch #3 now works.[quoted image][quoted image]

Dang Jim your a good tech. Keep it up.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Does anyone else have issues with the ball going through hole circled below and getting trapped beneath the ramp? While I don't see where a plastic could mount there, or a post, it seems like an easy place for a ball to get stuck....
Edit: not my machine, I stole that pic from the picture archive.
[quoted image]

No not on mine.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

anyone thinking of changing their translite? ive NOT been working on something and it will NOT be printed on translite material and it will NOT be offered and you can NOT PM me on the pricing.
[quoted image]

Good I will Not be contacting you for one. LOL That looks great.

1 month later
#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Guydudebreaux:

Just finished restoring a NASCAR, because I always like the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautifully done.

1 month later
#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I think we need more pics of that topper!! Thanks for the shout out to my translight!!! And great score up at 89 mill!! Def happy to be back!
Actually i think a tour of all the mods would be great, colordmd, funky speaker panel, modded car for the garage etc.

OK here's my mod white Leg Lights Pincup light-up and beatmasters white shooter housing light up.

IMGA0546 (resized).JPGIMGA0546 (resized).JPGIMGA0547 (resized).JPGIMGA0547 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Just joined the club yesterday. Picked one up that hasn’t seen a lot of plays. The subway is almost spotless! Going to be great next to Mustang, Indy 500 and Grand Prix (EM)
Any recommendations for protectors (plastics, scoops, ramps,etc)
What do you recommend for GI LEDs? Warm vs cold?

If you put leds in the inserts the LED OCD board is a must. I cleaned the underside of the inserts with Windex on a cotton swab and put in clear dome white leds. The inserts just sparkle like a new Stern.

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

MustangPaul, i just sent herg a msg on this, can u let me knoe what settings u are using jn your ledocd?
Ive noticed after a few games, the circular scrolling of the mode inserts dont work along with the CHAMP1 INSERTS. It comes back in gameplay, but for some reason (im guessing matrix scanning), the inserts do not light in attract mode.[quoted image]

I've found that stock settings work good enough for me, try it first. I have no idea what would cause that.

3 weeks later
#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looking to join the club for a re-theme project this winter, looking for a HUO or good condition Nascar
Thanks in advance

My NASCAR is beautiful so I would never sell it to be re-themed.

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not really a re-theme but more of a 'add on'
For the last five years I have wanted to mod a Nascar into a Talladega Nights. Not sure how far I will take it but a fellow pinsider is helping with an alternate translight, and I want to do some custom call-outs, etc. Fortunately the Nascar title has not jumped in pricing like other titles and $3000 seems to be par for HUO and routed machines. Seems like the price has not changed for a decade? I figure why not let Ricky Bobby come home-'If your not first-your last!'
If anyone has a nice Nascar or can help with alternate cabinet art/plastics-please let me know
Shake N' Bake!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh that's not bad then, I was thinking the worst. If you were closer I'd say come and get mine it's flawless.

2 months later
#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have joined the club!
I want to thank MustangPaul(great pinsider) for hooking me up with a loaded HUO Nascar.
Getting started on re-theme winter project-Shake and Bake![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You were a pleasure to deal with Pete. Did you notice I put the HD leg braces on the front legs?

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Best mod ever for pre-Spike modern Stern games - automatic dimming LED backbox light board! It dims when you start a game to eliminate glare in the playfield glass. It evenly lights the trans light. It comes with everything you need, installs using existing mounting locations and is 100% removable without a trace if desired.
https://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/dimming-backbox-panel/
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great mod mine had one in it when I sold the game but my Mustang Pro has one also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.