• Latest reply 7 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 36.
#351 8 years ago

Wow, that looks great! I totally miss my NASCAR.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

My decal guy hooked me up with a custom "bash" toy decal. This is on location at the race car museum I run. He said if anyone else wanted a custom decal to let me know and we could work something out.

DSC05857.jpg DSC05858.jpg

That is KILLER!! But how would the decal on the side of the car hold up being bashed all the time.

#353 8 years ago

Paul,
Test stage now. It has a laminate over the decal. I believe he used a 3m vinyl. Will keep posted.

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Paul,
Test stage now. It has a laminate over the decal. I believe he used a 3m vinyl. Will keep posted.

Sounds good cuz that has to be able to take 10's of thousands of hits.

3 weeks later
#355 8 years ago

I just picked up a NASCAR for a friend. It is his first pin, so I am going to do a little work on it before I deliver it to him. The plastic over the accelerator magnet in the lower left apron area is melted. Does anyone know where to get that plastic or a full plastic set? Also, the checkered flag over the hot dog stand is missing. Is that just a decal, or is it a plastic? A close-up shot of what that is supposed to look like would be appreciated.

Ross

#356 8 years ago

Good luck finding the plastics. I never found them and I looked for 6 months including overseas. I even emailed Stern and they replied with "We'll get to them when things have slowed down a bit". That was almost a year ago, and based on the number of pins they are pushing out they will never get to them. Same goes for the ramps. You're better off spending your time creating one yourself using PEGI and water decals.

The checkered flag is a sticker, but it is one of those very thick and stiff stickers that is more plastic than paper. It's the same material as the stickers on the spinners.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Good luck finding the plastics. I never found them and I looked for 6 months including overseas. I even emailed Stern and they replied with "We'll get to them when things have slowed down a bit". That was almost a year ago, and based on the number of pins they are pushing out they will never get to them. Same goes for the ramps. You're better off spending your time creating one yourself using PEGI and water decals.
The checkered flag is a sticker, but it is one of those very thick and stiff stickers that is more plastic than paper. It's the same material as the stickers on the spinners.

Thanks for the info FiftyQuid. If you get a chance some time, could you measure the size of the flag for me? I may try and make one. On the plastic, maybe I will get lucky and someone will part one out or something.

#358 8 years ago

Unfortunately I've sold my NASCAR. I still lurk here though and help out where I can.

#359 8 years ago

The decals are available from Marco's

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Unfortunately I've sold my Nascar. I still lurk here though and help out where I can.

Me too - I still think it's the best Stern bargain out there. I replaced mine with a Bally Medusa - not sure that was terribly smart.

#362 8 years ago

All Done with shop job. Took back to museum yesterday. Have a little light issue but its only 6-gi so I will deal with later. Turned out nice. Comet "sunlight" http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/25-pack-2smd-ct-ft.htm

20151210_195540.jpg20151210_195540.jpg

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I still think it's the best Stern bargain out there.

I completely agree. A great players pin.

#364 8 years ago

Decals are out of stock.

That ramp is the upper part of the right ramp. That piece rarely breaks. It's the main PF ramp on the left and right that crack.

#365 8 years ago

I will measure the flag on mine for you.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I will measure the flag on mine for you.

Hey Grumpy if your ever in the TC some weekend give me a shout, we only have 2 games in common so I think you'll have fun.

#367 8 years ago

First off the flag measures 1 inch high and 2 3/8 wide and it wraps around the wire and sticks to itself. You end up with a flag that is 1 inch high by 1 1/8 wide after wraping.

MustangPaul that is very nice of you to offer, you have a great collection. The next time I need to go to the cities I will give you a PM, Thanks. And the same goes to you, you can play or go fishing, if your in my neck of the woods.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

And the same goes to you, you can play or go fishing, if your in my neck of the woods.

Thanks, I find myself up in that area every once in awhile.

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

First off the flag measures 1 inch high and 2 3/8 wide and it wraps around the wire and sticks to itself. You end up with a flag that is 1 inch high by 1 1/8 wide after wraping.

Thanks Grumpy. I will see what I can come up with for the flag.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I find myself up in that area every once in awhile.

Did you mean lost once in a while.

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I will see what I can come up with for the flag.

Its not a paper sticker, more like a stiff plastic or mylar.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Its not a paper sticker, more like a stiff plastic or mylar.

I apparently bought the last decal set from Marco. It has 2 decals that appear to be for the flag (they are both marked with -36). Is there somewhere else in the game that one of these is used, or is the second one a spare?

Interestingly, I only bought the whole set to get the flag but once I compared the decals in the set to what is on the game I can see that most of what is currently installed is badly faded. I guess I will be replacing much of what is there.

For the plastic that I needed, I bought a set for Grand Prix. It turns out that the two plastics I need are the same in both sets.

Now for some play testing to figure out what I need to work on. Then I will tear the playfield down and shop it.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Is there somewhere else in the game that one of these is used, or is the second one a spare?

There is only the one flag on my game.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

There is only the one flag on my game.

Same with mine.

#375 8 years ago

With two votes it's official, one flag only.

#376 8 years ago

Ohhhh that makes my day.....I'm Official.

#377 8 years ago

Don't get to crazy on the "official thing". Its Nascar, and rules change by the lap.
rimshot.jpgrimshot.jpg

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Don't get to crazy on the "official thing". Its Nascar, and rules change by the lap.
rimshot.jpg

I saw what you did there.

4 weeks later
#379 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

FYI... I am working on making a negative mold to replace my left ramp. I may also do the right ramp as mine is cracked. The reason I'm working on the left first is because I've never done this before and it's the smaller ramp of the two. I am going to attempt to make one out of PETG. My main reason for doing this is because ramps for this game seem to be non-existent. Plus I don't want to pay $120-$150 for another cheap ramp that's just going to break again.
Also, I've contacted Cliffy about making ramp protectors for NASCAR. All I have to do is send him the templates. Stern actually sells metal ramp protectors already, but they cost an arm and a leg from Marco.

Any update on this?

Bought a Grand Prix and the right ramp has a crack on the right and is missing like 1/2 inch on the left side (missing part was found elsewhere in the pin)

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Any update on this?
Bought a Grand Prix and the right ramp has a crack on the right and is missing like 1/2 inch on the left side (missing part was found elsewhere in the pin)

Sorry, no. I sold this game a while back. I wouldn't hold your breath on Stern re-running the parts either. They told me they'd do it when they had time. They're cranking out 3 new pins a year so I doubt they will EVER have time. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

#381 8 years ago

I just picked this up to make a topper.... or maybe a bottomer. A little too big to put on top.

I'll figure something out. Pretty cool pick up though.

20160119_204350_(resized).jpg20160119_204350_(resized).jpg

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Sorry, no. I sold this game a while back. I wouldn't hold your breath on Stern re-running the parts either. They told me they'd do it when they had time. They're cranking out 3 new pins a year so I doubt they will EVER have time. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

Thanks for the prompt answer

Making some kind of ramp protector is the way to go than. It covers up the damage and protects for the future. Unfortunately Cliffy has none and this from Marco are very costly

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is that a light?

No. It is has a plastic shell and tires that are riveted to a cardboard base. The windows and everything else are decals. It is really well made. Must have been a display or promo for a bar or liquor store. Has a date of 2005 on it. It is identical to the Miller Lite car on the bg.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

No. It is has a plastic shell and tires that are riveted to a cardboard base. The windows and everything else are decals. It is really well made. Must have been a display or promo for a bar or liquor store. Has a date of 2005 on it. It is identical to the Miller Lite car on the bg.

Cool.

#386 8 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. First shop it out and than play

Look forward to playing it and share experiences

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#387 8 years ago

Shop job finished

Made some protector for the right ramp. The right side comes from a TOM which I really-used here. On the left side I made one from stainless steel to cover up a missing part. Did bent the from end a little inwards to avoid the ball direct hitting it on the front

#388 8 years ago

This ks a fast pin, exactly the way I like it

Some pictures of the end result

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This ks a fast pin, exactly the way I like it
Some pictures of the end result

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Welcome to the club. That looks really nice. The OCD board is a must for this game same as NASCAR.

#390 8 years ago

Congrats on the Grand Prix, it really is a sleeper, some of the coolest multi-ball modes I have ever seen, an very friendly to non pinheads to understand the rules, the game has a lot going for it.

#391 8 years ago

was grand prix released in Europe only ?

#392 8 years ago

Upgraded the speakers but that didn't really improve the sound quality. I guess the sound samples or audio quality of the electronics itself are just not that great

This is my first white star pin so had to try

#393 8 years ago

Gameplay video on our nascar.

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Upgraded the speakers but that didn't really improve the sound quality. I guess the sound samples or audio quality of the electronics itself are just not that great
This is my first white star pin so had to try

Yeah, about the only thing to do is put a Pinnovators sub board and a powered sub on it.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from luch:

was grand prix released in Europe only ?

No it was released world wide , nascar is a American only sport so the rest of us got the Grand Prix .

#396 8 years ago

Some modding

Topper which still needs to led up and toy cars in pin itself. Think I overdid a little, there is somethings as to much cars ....

#397 8 years ago

I did check to replace the stern car but the replacement was not visible enough. I think I need a yellow or green one for that

#398 8 years ago

I wouldn't be a Modder it there would be no lights in the topper

#399 8 years ago

Added bottom lightning, tail exhaust lightning (plan to swap the redone with a color changing one when I have it) and yellow lightning in the rims

There can't be to much led after all

#400 8 years ago

I'm guessing you're a Ferrari fan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.