• Latest reply 36 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 36.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That isn't the mod add-on tach. Looks like one you did yourself. Am I wrong? It looks great, just curious on the cost. The mod is priced ridiculously. How much did this one cost and did it take you long to wire up?

Here is a link to the blog post of the installation and video of the tach operating on the game

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/nascar-pinball-tach-mod-install/

#252 9 years ago

I'm having NASCAR withdrawal. The right side of my right ramp broke a few weeks ago, and I haven't found a Cliffy that works there. I need to pull the whole monster ramp assembly out to do a JB Weld repair, and I can't get motivated.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm having Nascar withdrawal. The right side of my right ramp broke a few weeks ago, and I haven't found a Cliffy that works there. I need to pull the whole monster ramp assembly out to do a JB Weld repair, and I can't get motivated.

Oh man that's the shits, it's that bad. There has to be a ramp out there somewhere. Put a Wanted to buy ad up. Did you check Australia? You can come and play mine anytime.

#254 9 years ago

Dig the game Minus the MULTI-BALL SONG!
Someone code the sound rom for another song!

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I actually looked into it. Unfortunately, the song is broken up into MANY segments and dispersed throughout the sound ROM. Almost like they didn't want anyone messing with it....
Someone could still do it, but it would be quite a bit of work.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I actually looked into it. Unfortunately, the song is broken up into MANY segments and dispersed throughout the sound ROM. Almost like they didn't want anyone messing with it....
Someone could still do it, but it would be quite a bit of work.

This deserves a Indie-Gogo or KickStarter!

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm having Nascar withdrawal. The right side of my right ramp broke a few weeks ago, and I haven't found a Cliffy that works there. I need to pull the whole monster ramp assembly out to do a JB Weld repair, and I can't get motivated.

Mine had 3/4" piece missing on the right hand side, I cut and shaped a piece of stainless to cover and installed it with double sided tape. Looks and works just fine.

#259 9 years ago

FYI... I am working on making a negative mold to replace my left ramp. I may also do the right ramp as mine is cracked. The reason I'm working on the left first is because I've never done this before and it's the smaller ramp of the two. I am going to attempt to make one out of PETG. My main reason for doing this is because ramps for this game seem to be non-existent. Plus I don't want to pay $120-$150 for another cheap ramp that's just going to break again.

Also, I've contacted Cliffy about making ramp protectors for NASCAR. All I have to do is send him the templates. Stern actually sells metal ramp protectors already, but they cost an arm and a leg from Marco.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

FYI... I am working on making a negative mold to replace my left ramp. I may also do the right ramp as mine is cracked. The reason I'm working on the left first is because I've never done this before and it's the smaller ramp of the two. I am going to attempt to make one out of PETG. My main reason for doing this is because ramps for this game seem to be non-existent. Plus I don't want to pay $120-$150 for another cheap ramp that's just going to break again.
Also, I've contacted Cliffy about making ramp protectors for Nascar. All I have to do is send him the templates. Stern actually sells metal ramp protectors already, but they cost an arm and a leg from Marco.

Good for you, keep us posted on your progress.

#261 9 years ago

Guys, this is my first Stern. Could someone please explain to how the PF pivots work? How do you put mirror blades, or side art, or even a nice new coat of black paint on the cabinet without the pivots gouging the shit out of the sides of the cabinet and scratching everything to hell?

20150329_160957.jpg20150329_160957.jpg

#262 9 years ago

I put felt pads on everything including the edge of the playfield and be very careful. First thing i do for every game that come in the house.

#263 9 years ago

This just seems like a stupid system to me. Why didn't they just stick with the pivot in a bracket?

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This just seems like a stupid system to me. Why didn't they just stick with the pivot in a bracket?

Because that's a much worse system. I hate working on games where you can't pull the playfield forward. This system allows you to pull the playfield out and lean it backwards against the head.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Because that's a much worse system. I hate working on games where you can't pull the playfield forward. This system allows you to pull the playfield out and lean it backwards against the head.

You got that right.

#266 9 years ago

So how do you guys keep the pivots from gouging the sides of the cabinet? You basically have to pull the PF out perfectly or you end up digging a line into the cabinet sides.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

You basically have to pull the PF out perfectly or you end up digging a line into the cabinet sides.

That's right, practice makes perfect. Same when putting it down. You get the hang of it rather quickly when you have mirror blades on a game.

#268 9 years ago

Fixed a hole in my PF that was bugging me. This is my first attempt at something like this. I was inspired by Drano over on Pinball Revolution.

Here's the hole that was bothering me.Here's the hole that was bothering me.

Applying the Bondo.  This is my first time using this stuff.Applying the Bondo. This is my first time using this stuff.

Bondo is dry.  Ready to sand and paint.Bondo is dry. Ready to sand and paint.

Painted.  I still need to seal it with water thin super glue and polish the hell out of it.Painted. I still need to seal it with water thin super glue and polish the hell out of it.

The colour is as close as I could get it. It's a better match in person. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

#269 9 years ago

Pretty much invisible now, especially given the location of the repair. Nice work.

#270 9 years ago

Looks better than I can do! Very nice.

#271 9 years ago

Thanks guys!

1 week later
#272 8 years ago

Installed a ColorDMD into my Nascar Pinball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#273 8 years ago

Very cool. So if ColorDMD hasn't created a specific file for NASCAR you can still use it and just pick any colour from the palette? Are you able to create a colour file yourself? Apparently I don't know as much as I thought about ColorDMD.

Onto another subject…

For anyone needed a left ramp for their NASCAR, here is the official email I received back from Stern regarding this part not being available anywhere.

"Hi Tim. Thanks for getting in touch. We do have these ramps on order to send to our distributors. Since it’s a replacement part these runs get prioritized below our current production runs, but they should be back in distributor stock within 10 weeks, hopefully sooner!"

So 10 weeks. I don't know if I'm going to wait that long. Especially at $100+ for the ramp. Hmm...

#274 8 years ago

Hi, I am a prospective Nascar owner. I have never played one but by all accounts its a great game. What are the dot matrix animations like? Would the game be greatly enhanced if colordmd did a color job on it?
Your thoughts?
Clive

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Hi, I am a prospective Nascar owner. I have never played one but by all accounts its a great game. What are the dot matrix animations like? Would the game be greatly enhanced if colordmd did a color job on it?
Your thoughts?
Clive

I like the game. I have Nascar and Monopoly in my collection. I just installed a ColorDMD into my Nascar and have it set to the blue color that matches the machine. I have it setup in the DotXL mode. Looks good in my opinion. I will make a video soon and post it on my site. Here is a video of Nascar with the Orange DMD I recorded with gameplay and dots on my Youtube channel.

Also here is a tach mod that I installed on my machine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

1 month later
#276 8 years ago

Guys do you have a spacer like this installed on both of your slings? I am just putting mine back together and noticed only the left has one. Sorry for the blurry pic. It was on the front most post.

20150328_135246.jpg20150328_135246.jpg

Oh, and could I get someone to take a photo of their right ramp entrance for me? I have two black posts here that I think should be rubber, but they are not. They're just black plastic. This whole area just seems odd to me.

20150328_144126.jpg20150328_144126.jpg

Thanks!

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Guys do you have a spacer like this installed on both of your slings? I am just putting mine back together and noticed only the left has one. Sorry for the blurry pic. It was on the front most post.
20150328_135246.jpg

Nope I don't. Without it does your sling plastic sit level? For some reason that plastic post looks shorter then mine. Do you have a star post on each sling down by the apron?

#278 8 years ago

Actually have a pic of my sling and cropped a pic of ramp entrance rubber.

20150303_144134.jpg20150303_144134.jpg Screenshot_2015-05-31-23-18-06.pngScreenshot_2015-05-31-23-18-06.png
#279 8 years ago

***DAYTONA!!!***

Someone code this song as the multi-ball song!!!

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nope I don't. Without it does your sling plastic sit level? For some reason that plastic post looks shorter then mine. Do you have a star post on each sling down by the apron?

Yes, there is a star post on each sling closest to the apron.

Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Actually have a pic of my sling and cropped a pic of ramp entrance rubber.

20150303_144134.jpg
Screenshot_2015-05-31-23-18-06.png

For your sling I take it you don't this white spacer either?

I can't tell from your ramp pic if the left and right entrances use black rubber or if it's hard plastic. Are they rubbers? Actually I can't tell anything from your pic because it's too dark and there are too many reflections. Sorry. Do you have the same photo but in the light with the machine off?

[EDIT]
Okay, I looked in the manual. Damn Stern puts together a fantastic manual! The left post for the right ramp is supposed to have a #6-32 in the top. No washer. Both posts get black rubber posts.

For the sling, that spacer isn't supposed to be there. I'm guessing at one point it was accidentally moved from the ball return guides. I'll know for sure when I put those back together.

….

While I'm in posting, does anyone have a spare lightning plastic for sale? It's the long weird shaped one that is along the left side of the right ramp. Mine is busted into 3 pieces. It's no. -17 in the manual.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Oh, and could I get someone to take a photo of their right ramp entrance for me? I have two black posts here that I think should be rubber, but they are not. They're just black plastic. This whole area just seems odd to me.

No that's right but the washer on the left post should only be as big as the rounded tip of the plastic that sits on top of the post. I imagine just a little bigger might not hurt but the one you have on is waaaay to big. Are those bulbs the old flat top ones? You really need to toss those and get Comet clear dome led's, they are sooo much better. The OCD board is a MUST for the inserts on this game. Your playfield inserts will fade and sweep like it was designed to do and it works right out of the box with no adjustments.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

***DAYTONA!!!***
Someone code this song as the multi-ball song!!!
» YouTube video

Nah...that's ok, I can do without.

#283 8 years ago

I think that washer was added to protect the plastic that connects to the post. Well that failed big time.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are those bulbs the old flat top ones? You really need to toss those and get Comet clear dome led's, they are sooo much better. The OCD board is a MUST for the inserts on this game. Your playfield inserts will fade and sweep like it was designed to do and it works right out of the box with no adjustments.

Those bulbs are someone's sick idea of "100% LED'd PF and GI. All of the LEDs are flat top. EVen the flashers are 8SMD flat. All of them are white. They make the inserts sickly and washed out. Of all the things driving me crazy on this machine, the LEDs are the winner.

I have Comet 1SMD (no dome) under the PF of my F-14 Tomcat. Each insert is colour matched. I went through 3 different colour LEDs for the orange inserts until I discoved warm white. The GI is all 1 SMD with frosted domes. I have two LED strips (x7 leds) installed too. One in the Yagov tunnel, and one in the LAUNCH area. It just looks awesome. All of it controlled by a LED OCD. I wouldn't have LEDs without one. Best add-on I ever bought, next to LEDs of course.

Thanks!

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Those bulbs are someone's sick idea of "100% LED'd PF and GI. All of the LEDs are flat top. EVen the flashers are 8SMD flat. All of them are white. They make the inserts sickly and washed out. Of all the things driving me crazy on this machine, the LEDs are the winner.

I have Comet 1SMD (no dome) under the PF of my F-14 Tomcat. Each insert is colour matched. I went through 3 different colour LEDs for the orange inserts until I discoved warm white. The GI is all 1 SMD with frosted domes. I have two LED strips (x7 leds) installed too. One in the Yagov tunnel, and one in the LAUNCH area. It just looks awesome. All of it controlled by a LED OCD. I wouldn't have LEDs without one. Best add-on I ever bought, next to LEDs of course.

Thanks!

Awh you know what your doing, good man.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Awh you know what your doing, good man.

Thanks Paul! That means a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to balance the lighting on my F-14. I overspent on LEDs and had a lot leftover after the swap but I am 100% happy with my pin.

One thing I haven't done is the flashers. There is something I just enjoy about the old #89 bulbs. Have you updated the flashers on NASCAR or any other pins?

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks Paul! That means a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to balance the lighting on my F-14. I overspent on LEDs and had a lot leftover after the swap but I am 100% happy with my pin.
One thing I haven't done is the flashers. There is something I just enjoy about the old #89 bulbs. Have you updated the flashers on Nascar or any other pins?

Your very welcome sir. Leftovers leds...I have hundreds of leftovers and for some reason (that I'll never understand) I almost always don't have what I'm looking for when I want to try something new. It's partly Comets fault... they keep coming out with new stuff. Yes I color matched the flashers with the flat 8 led flashers. By using the flat ones it "fills" the flasher domes with color. If I use the tower type I can almost make out the individual leds on the sides of the tower and I can for sure see them on the top because they are so close to the top of the dome. I like the more pure color it gives the pf top side flasher domes. I put reds in the yellow domes and they look nice and orange when they fire and the domes look yellow when they don't. Crazy hugh.

1 week later
#287 8 years ago

Guys, did NASCAR originally come with incandescent bulbs? I have these sickly white LEDs under the entire PF so I thought I'd switch some of them out to get the true colour of the inserts showing. I put in about 20 and switched on the machine. One word - gross. The yellow inserts looked almost orange. The white just looked dirty. I put the sickly white LEDs back.

This is the first time I've turned on the machine in over 2 months. I had been tearing it down to clean it and make some minor repairs. So the "you are just use to the sickly looking LEDs" does not apply here.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Guys, did Nascar originally come with incandescent bulbs? I have these sickly white LEDs under the entire PF so I thought I'd switch some of them out to get the true colour of the inserts showing. I put in about 20 and switched on the machine. One word - gross. The yellow inserts looked almost orange. The white just looked dirty. I put the sickly white LEDs back.
This is the first time I've turned on the machine in over 2 months. I had been tearing it down to clean it and make some minor repairs. So the "you are just use to the sickly looking LEDs" does not apply here.

Incandescent's came in the game. You put 20 incandescents in the game? Are the leds the old flat top ones? If so they were the first gen of leds and were really bad. After cleaning the underside of all the inserts I put in Comets 69 cent twin led white clear domes in mine and the facets of the inserts sparkle now like the new Sterns. I love the look. Only color matched the reds.

#289 8 years ago

Yeah, only 20 under the PF. I just wanted to see what the game looked like stock. I didn't like the look of it at all. So then I started playing around with some of the leftover LEDs I have. Trying a warm white here, a cold white there. I even tossed a blue into a few of the white inserts just to see. I'm just experimenting right now. Then I'll place an order with Comet (including the LED OCD).

Anyway, the incandescents looked terrible in it so I took them out. Yes I still have the crappy flat top dome LEDs in the game. They are the main reason I'm experimenting with my leftovers. I swapped out the reds. The reds look great colour matched. The orange needs warm white for sure. I don't know what to do with the yellow inserts. Warm and cool white look sickly. I didn't have a yellow 555 LED bulb that I could try. I'll might just take a battery, connect it to one of the yellow 44/47 LEDs I have and stick it under the PF to see what it looks like.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Yeah, only 20 under the PF. I just wanted to see what the game looked like stock. I didn't like the look of it at all. So then I started playing around with some of the leftover LEDs I have. Trying a warm white here, a cold white there. I even tossed a blue into a few of the white inserts just to see. I'm just experimenting right now. Then I'll place an order with Comet (including the LED OCD).
Anyway, the incandescents looked terrible in it so I took them out. Yes I still have the crappy flat top dome LEDs in the game. They are the main reason I'm experimenting with my leftovers. I swapped out the reds. The reds look great colour matched. The orange needs warm white for sure. I don't know what to do with the yellow inserts. Warm and cool white look sickly. I didn't have a yellow 555 LED bulb that I could try. I'll might just take a battery, connect it to one of the yellow 44/47 LEDs I have and stick it under the PF to see what it looks like.

Are you using the clear dome or frosted?

#291 8 years ago

Under the PF? I was using clear dome. Usually I use the domeless but I didn't have any left.

I'm really having a hard time with the yellow inserts. I just don't like the colour. It's a greenish yellow, not a pure yellow.

#292 8 years ago

Yes in the inserts. Well all I can say is that I have the 69 cent Comet 2 led clear domes in my yellow inserts and they are yellow. Are your inserts clean on the underside? That's about the only thing I can think of.

IMGA0926.JPGIMGA0926.JPG IMGA0928.JPGIMGA0928.JPG IMGA0930.JPGIMGA0930.JPG
#293 8 years ago

Darnit paul!!!!!

You're really making want a nascar, I think that's the next one I'll get. ...or a corvette....decisions decisions.

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Darnit paul!!!!!
You're really making want a Nascar, I think that's the next one I'll get. ...or a Corvette....decisions decisions.

What are Pinsider friends for. Have you seen the pictures of what I've done to my game in the thread?

#295 8 years ago

Has anyone though of changing their transight? I'd like to change the cars displayed ( no disrespect to the drivers) to ones I am interested in. I see a guy is advertising on Pinside that he makes translights. Looks like an opportunity to update the cars displayed.

#296 8 years ago

Mot me, I really don't care for his work.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What are Pinsider friends for. Have you seen the pictures of what I've done to my game in the thread?

I have, looks great.

If I sell my black hole, I'll probably pick up that one for sale in the marketplace.

#300 8 years ago

Do you have all red LEDs under the Collect R-A-C-E, Speed Shots, 250K, 300K???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.