• Latest reply 34 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 36.
#1351 2 years ago

As other games have gone up, i hoped nascar would as well. I cant believe rocky and bullwinkle is more sought after?! Pinball is weird.

Anyway, nascar is a great tournament game and good pace with even scoring.

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not really a re-theme but more of a 'add on'
For the last five years I have wanted to mod a Nascar into a Talladega Nights. Not sure how far I will take it but a fellow pinsider is helping with an alternate translight, and I want to do some custom call-outs, etc. Fortunately the Nascar title has not jumped in pricing like other titles and $3000 seems to be par for HUO and routed machines. Seems like the price has not changed for a decade? I figure why not let Ricky Bobby come home-'If your not first-your last!'
If anyone has a nice Nascar or can help with alternate cabinet art/plastics-please let me know
Shake N' Bake!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh that's not bad then, I was thinking the worst. If you were closer I'd say come and get mine it's flawless.

1 week later
#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not really a re-theme but more of a 'add on'
For the last five years I have wanted to mod a Nascar into a Talladega Nights. Not sure how far I will take it but a fellow pinsider is helping with an alternate translight, and I want to do some custom call-outs, etc. Fortunately the Nascar title has not jumped in pricing like other titles and $3000 seems to be par for HUO and routed machines. Seems like the price has not changed for a decade? I figure why not let Ricky Bobby come home-'If your not first-your last!'
If anyone has a nice Nascar or can help with alternate cabinet art/plastics-please let me know
Shake N' Bake!

This is actually one of my (backburner) projects I'm working on as well. So far I've got a pinsound installed and some sound bites changed, but have plans to do the translite/stickets/cars/etc as well. PM me details on the translite, I'd be interested in buying one if the quality of the print is good. I've seen one before, it was poor quality when lit.

1 week later
#1354 2 years ago

Lighted flippers in!

C6B9C192-8617-434E-8103-079C01A4195C (resized).jpegC6B9C192-8617-434E-8103-079C01A4195C (resized).jpegFA664F99-7B4B-4C59-88C4-13D5119280BD (resized).jpegFA664F99-7B4B-4C59-88C4-13D5119280BD (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1355 2 years ago

I have joined the club!

I want to thank MustangPaul(great pinsider) for hooking me up with a loaded HUO Nascar.

Getting started on re-theme winter project-Shake and Bake!

GEDC6804 (resized).JPGGEDC6804 (resized).JPGGEDC6809 (resized).JPGGEDC6809 (resized).JPGGEDC6812 (resized).JPGGEDC6812 (resized).JPG
#1356 2 years ago

Are you using the PInbrowser to modify the sounds too? Would love to see this in action.

#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have joined the club!
I want to thank MustangPaul(great pinsider) for hooking me up with a loaded HUO Nascar.
Getting started on re-theme winter project-Shake and Bake![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Pls show more PF pics

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have joined the club!
Getting started on re-theme winter project-Shake and Bake![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is real cool, good luck!

I think Days of Thunder would be amazing too.

#1359 2 years ago

I have had this project in mind for many years and am just getting started on it. I think my plan is to change some call-outs with pinbrowser and add some custom plastics and stickers to playfield. I want to definitely do the sling-shot plastics and I was thinking of having Ricky Bobby staring one way and Jean Girard staring the other way at each other from sling to sling. Also looking for correct scale toys currently.

I was thinking about doing an entire wrap with graphics but the Nascar art actually ties in well with theme and I was fortunate to find a really nice example without a scratch on it(don't want to cover up now).

If anyone wants to join me on this journey and retheme their Nascar to Talladega Nights I would be happy to share ideas and thoughts.

#1360 2 years ago

Wow this is a great idea!!! That translite turned out really nice as well!!!

Ive been wanting to do that hurst shifter shooter rod for a while... ugh, dont want to sink any more coin into nascar tho..

Now it needs a wack load of scene replacements in the dmd using pin2dmd, replacemrnt sounds and bgm using Pinsound and it would be pretty solid.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have joined the club!

You were a pleasure to deal with Pete. Did you notice I put the HD leg braces on the front legs?

#1362 2 years ago

Best mod ever for pre-Spike modern Stern games - automatic dimming LED backbox light board! It dims when you start a game to eliminate glare in the playfield glass. It evenly lights the trans light. It comes with everything you need, installs using existing mounting locations and is 100% removable without a trace if desired.

https://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/dimming-backbox-panel/

080C7A26-F828-4F76-BF88-0E42D5FFDBE8 (resized).jpeg080C7A26-F828-4F76-BF88-0E42D5FFDBE8 (resized).jpeg

9AE5A2C7-DC64-4D35-A366-9EDBCD80FA06 (resized).jpeg9AE5A2C7-DC64-4D35-A366-9EDBCD80FA06 (resized).jpeg

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Best mod ever for pre-Spike modern Stern games - automatic dimming LED backbox light board! It dims when you start a game to eliminate glare in the playfield glass. It evenly lights the trans light. It comes with everything you need, installs using existing mounting locations and is 100% removable without a trace if desired.
https://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/dimming-backbox-panel/
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great mod mine had one in it when I sold the game but my Mustang Pro has one also.

#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great mod mine had one in it when I sold the game

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of light the LED backbox puts out and how it lights up the entire translight evenly. When I installed the alternate translight-I literally took a step back in amazement and thought wow that is really cool. It makes the translight really pop and you don't get the look of the middle florescent that leaves the outside edges dark. Great mod

Pic of non-lit vs lit

GEDC6801 (resized).JPGGEDC6801 (resized).JPGGEDC6803 (resized).JPGGEDC6803 (resized).JPG

#1365 2 years ago

Now we need a plastics set to help round it out!!

1 week later
#1366 2 years ago

PinMaster where could I get that translite and custom sound Roms would be epic!!!! Mine already has a translite I have never seen before but it nowhere near as cool!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1367 2 years ago

I just created these custom apron cards for the Dale Jr. NASCAR pin. Please PM me if interested in purchasing a set for $10 ($12 outside of US).

http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/nascar-dale-jr

IMG_6883 (resized).JPGIMG_6883 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#1368 2 years ago

I'm curious. I know there are games out there with flipper cheat codes. Are there any 'cheat' codes built into NASCAR?

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm curious. I know there are games out there with flipper cheat codes. Are there any 'cheat' codes built into NASCAR?

Here's a compilation, not sure if any are missing (no NASCAR):

https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Easter%20Eggs/CowsEaster.htm

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from Rcrain82:

PinMaster where could I get that translite and custom sound Roms would be epic!!

Just sent you a pm with info for the Pinsider who helped make the alternate Talladega Nights translight for me(wanted to make sure he was ok making more).

Does anyone have a set of the Nascar sling plastics laying around they can possibly scan for me-want to work on getting those made as well for re-theme.

Also looking for the Talladega Nights #26 matchbox and I do not want to spend $100+ -any leads appreciated

26-ricky-bobby-diecast-64-scale_1_a3d1ab365fe0aca742efa11cfbb58567 (resized).jpg26-ricky-bobby-diecast-64-scale_1_a3d1ab365fe0aca742efa11cfbb58567 (resized).jpg
#1371 2 years ago

Hello,

I bought a Grand Prix, so guess i'm a member.
This is the second machine i have owned, after an old Zaccaria.
I enjoy it very much.
Just a problem with the left plastic ramp that was worked on with polyester and sometimes the ball gets stuck... Need to shake the machine to set it free...
But anyway, a great game. Love it.

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from Rcrain82:

PinMaster where could I get that translite and custom sound Roms would be epic!!!! Mine already has a translite I have never seen before but it nowhere near as cool!!!

I made this translite because I'm a Kyle Busch fan

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from Maartentje:

Hello,
I bought a Grand Prix, so guess i'm a member.
This is the second machine i have owned, after an old Zaccaria.
I enjoy it very much.
Just a problem with the left plastic ramp that was worked on with polyester and sometimes the ball gets stuck... Need to shake the machine to set it free...
But anyway, a great game. Love it.

Ramp-O-Matic has a replacement left ramp. I got one and it's great.

https://rampomatic.com/collections/data-east-ramps/products/stern-nascar-left-ramp-515-7434-00

#1374 2 years ago

Thank you so much. Just ordered one

2 weeks later
#1375 2 years ago

Hey guys I am working on a Dale jr game for a friend. The game plays fine but is have some weird sound issues and distortion. The background music and most sounds fx are ok but all the car sounds sound like static. U7 sound rom has been changed with a new chip from Marco. I pulled the rest of the sound roms and tried reseating.

-Is there a way to go through and test each sound sample in the sound test? I seem to only get one sound per rom in test.

1 week later
#1376 2 years ago

Working on a Nascar for my friend. The lower two ball accelerators aren't working. When I run a track test, the display shows L2 missing.20220304_004819 (resized).jpg20220304_004819 (resized).jpg

Also we found this inside the cabinet and we aren't sure if its an extra or something that may have fallen off the playfield. Can anyone identify it?
20220304_004900 (resized).jpg20220304_004900 (resized).jpg

Lastly, I'm missing what the manual shows is the display power supply board in the upper left corner of the backbox. Im assuming the display that is in it is an LED display and doesn't need it. But we can't figure out how to get the odd letter shadowing to go away. 20220304_004549 (resized).jpg20220304_004549 (resized).jpg

#1377 2 years ago

Looks like your part in the bottom of the cabinet is part of the auto plunger assembly. Here is a picture of one from pinball life for reference.

0EEC6523-C095-47B4-9CC1-7D42E647C3B6 (resized).png0EEC6523-C095-47B4-9CC1-7D42E647C3B6 (resized).png
#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Working on a Nascar for my friend. ....

Lastly, I'm missing what the manual shows is the display power supply board in the upper left corner of the backbox. Im assuming the display that is in it is an LED display and doesn't need it. But we can't figure out how to get the odd letter shadowing to go away. [quoted image]

Ok, the display in there IS a stern 5v, and yes you notice the shadowing. I had the same problem when i plugged in a 5v stern dmd to my data east machines.

Surprisingly, there is no shadow when plugged into a wpc game.

I was never able to figure out why the shadowing exists on DE games but not wpc or the era of stern titles that work correctly with that 5v dmd but you can be sure that both the dmd and the driver are not defective... they just have a weird incompatibility.

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Working on a Nascar for my friend. The lower two ball accelerators aren't working. When I run a track test, the display shows L2 missing.[quoted image]
. [quoted image]

*Solved*

Found the solution to this problem. Turns out I had a column transistor out on the board. So all of the switches in that column were not registering. Replaced the associated transistor (Q5) and everything is working again.

#1380 2 years ago

man alive, LOVE when problems are easy fixes. nice work.

in other news, i have a couple of SECONDS of my nascar translite. I don't really want to see them doing nothing, OR in a landfill, so if you shoot me a PM i'll send these out at a special price.

Demolition Man and Last Action Hero are available as well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

man alive, LOVE when problems are easy fixes. nice work.
in other news, i have a couple of SECONDS of my nascar translite. I don't really want to see them doing nothing, OR in a landfill, so if you shoot me a PM i'll send these out at a special price.
Demolition Man and Last Action Hero are available as well.
[quoted image]

These are super nice. Wish I get a NASCAR again, but it isn't in the cars right now. I need to finish a garage edition.

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

These are super nice. Wish I get a NASCAR again, but it isn't in the cars right now. I need to finish a garage edition.

thanks for the stamp of approval! its a great game and fun layout, if only fixing the sounds were as simple as swapping a translite!

still got 2 more seconds!

1 month later
#1383 1 year ago

Designed some cards for Talladega Nights and had a fellow pinsider help put them together...I think they turned out sweet.

Shake and Bake!
DSC00260 (resized).JPGDSC00260 (resized).JPGDSC00262 (resized).JPGDSC00262 (resized).JPGDSC00270 (resized).JPGDSC00270 (resized).JPG

#1384 1 year ago

What’s the limit on diecast cars under glass? I’ve been having a good time hunting for them . One of the best $5 mods out there IMO

Haha

9C50AF61-5010-40C8-912E-801667BE90EE (resized).jpeg9C50AF61-5010-40C8-912E-801667BE90EE (resized).jpeg
#1385 1 year ago

THULL85 please let us know when you maxed out how many cars fit lol.

What i really want to do is make a good flag waver stand for the diverter on the right..

#1386 1 year ago

I'd say you're almost there.

#1387 1 year ago

I made some some plastics and added a bunch of cars to mine, I don’t think it looks too cluttered or anything. I’ve got most of them nicely set up like a racetrack. I decided to use 1/64 scale cars and I only went with 2005 drivers and color schemes. I was able to get a combination of Action and team caliber die cast to field 20 cars in my game. I’ve got 13 cars currently and I plan on adding a “backstretch” on the left hand side of the machine to put the rest on.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1388 1 year ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

I’ve got 13 cars currently and I plan on adding a “backstretch”

He who dies with the most toys (diecast cars) wins

You are leading the race with 13 vs 12 -tight race but the backstretch could be a game changer!

#1389 1 year ago

I wish someone would 3D print a mod for the tower. The existing one always made me think that Stern ran out of time. It's so bland.

#1390 1 year ago

I need some of them nice apron cards

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

He who dies with the most toys (diecast cars) wins
You are leading the race with 13 vs 12 -tight race but the backstretch could be a game changer!

I've been meaning to do the backstretch for awhile now, your motivating me to want to get it done lol

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I wish someone would 3D print a mod for the tower. The existing one always made me think that Stern ran out of time. It's so bland.

Yup, thats the diverter im talking about, too.

Ill find something...

2 weeks later
#1393 1 year ago

Been thinking about possibly putting Pinstadium lights in my Dale Jr, has anyone here done it on one of these (NASCAR/Dale Jr/Grand Prix)? Was curious if someone had pictures or video of one in action.

#1394 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Been thinking about possibly putting Pinstadium lights in my Dale Jr, has anyone here done it on one of these (NASCAR/Dale Jr/Grand Prix)? Was curious if someone had pictures or video of one in action.

I don't have any pictures handy but I put the standard Pinstadium on my NASCAR and it makes a world of difference.

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I don't have any pictures handy but I put the standard Pinstadium on my NASCAR and it makes a world of difference.

By chance, if you get the time, you think you could take a quick picture or video just for viewing's sake? Good to hear though that you like it!

#1396 1 year ago

I did the diy pin stadium ($30) and i do prefer it. The pf is a lot more visible with them.

#1397 1 year ago

By chance, if you get the time, you think you could take a quick picture or video just for viewing's sake? Good to hear though that you like it!

Here's a picture with my pinstadium lights on.

IMG_20220525_184619800 (resized).jpgIMG_20220525_184619800 (resized).jpg
#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Here's a picture with my pinstadium lights on.
[quoted image]

Wow that looks great! how do you have the diecasts secured? Doublesided tape or velcro or something of that sort?

#1399 1 year ago

Wow that looks great! how do you have the diecasts secured? Doublesided tape or velcro or something of that sort?

I used a product called Zots. You can find them at an office store or online. They're gummy adhesive dots that I just attached to each of the wheels. They come off fairly cleanly afterward if you want to remove them. All of the cars have held in place pretty good except the #29 rear tires bumps up every now and then when the ball kicks out.

#1400 1 year ago

Built my own set and installed them on a Nascar, it looks awesome, especially if you like to play in the dark.

20200316_202338 (resized).jpg20200316_202338 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.