• Latest reply 6 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 36.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Had car replaced on mine
[quoted image]

I really like the orange bands on your game. Tasteful touch.

Ill eventually figure out the car on mine.. until then ill get some decals done..

#1252 2 years ago

Just to let you guys know i closed out taking orders and will be shipping a few out this coming week.

I have a couple extras that are unclaimed so if you are considering a new translite for your nascar, pm me for more details.

Thanks for the comments on it!
20210404_221947 (resized).jpg20210404_221947 (resized).jpg

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Anyone have an led ocd board in their nascar? Any videos?

Have on on the one at my house, night and day difference, with some of the older games you can get away without them but for some reason Stern fliker like crazy without them.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Have on on the one at my house, night and day difference, with some of the older games you can get away without them but for some reason Stern fliker like crazy without them.

I notice a slight flicker when they are on half brightness, with the fade effects mainly... i am in the waiting game as its making its way crossing the boarder...

#1255 2 years ago

Got to both wizard modes

And fumbled them..

#1256 2 years ago

Posting this as its 5yrs old.. if anyone has an extra, let me know.

Its a decal that soapman had made to wrap the vehicle.

Screenshot_20210515-230008_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210515-230008_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1257 2 years ago

Today’s nascar journey was rebuilding the pop bumpers. The brackets were all hacked up, welded together. Replaced those. Ran all of the parts through the ultrasonic cleaner, minus the bodies. Honestly, I hate taking out pop bumper bodies simply due to the need to unsolder the light sockets. But I did clean under the skirts as much as possible, and generally cleaned them.

There were a few dodgy solder jobs that I cleaned up, one diode as basically just wrapped around a coil lug. Of course they all got new coil sleeves.

Now, they play like new. The blue pop switch needs a tad more gap as it activates randomly on occasion. But all in all, my pop action is way, way better. Yeah!

The only major mech left to rebuild is the drop target bank. That’ll be another day....

3296A909-BC6A-496B-AE22-0E5FCDE35D49 (resized).jpeg3296A909-BC6A-496B-AE22-0E5FCDE35D49 (resized).jpegF1183D3F-2F71-4A41-A644-43F5964FCB9E (resized).jpegF1183D3F-2F71-4A41-A644-43F5964FCB9E (resized).jpeg33E1AF69-AFE4-4B97-9C82-CD0E61718513 (resized).jpeg33E1AF69-AFE4-4B97-9C82-CD0E61718513 (resized).jpegC046A8DC-B3DA-47D2-8480-55BB7CABF402 (resized).jpegC046A8DC-B3DA-47D2-8480-55BB7CABF402 (resized).jpeg7CD1C490-1337-45ED-BD8C-2FBB62D2C3AE (resized).jpeg7CD1C490-1337-45ED-BD8C-2FBB62D2C3AE (resized).jpeg

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Guydudebreaux:

Just finished restoring a NASCAR, because I always like the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautifully done.

#1259 2 years ago

anyone else sometimes have their ball caught caught up right here? (yellow circle)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

anyone else sometimes have their ball caught caught up right here? (yellow circle)[quoted image]

That shouldn't happen. Especially if your pops are really snappy and the rubber isn't flat. Try rotating the rubber a bit to get some fresh bounce in there and maybe close the gap a bit on the pop.

#1261 2 years ago

Pops operate great and snappy as u mentioned, skirts are free as a feather.

Ill check the rubber

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Ill check the rubber

Is it the right size? Looks a little loose. Try a size smaller and see if that helps.

#1263 2 years ago

Not my pic, but i will make sure that rubber goes on tight.

Insert magnum joke here*

#1264 2 years ago

Just driven out of the club.

Its a great fun game , really enjoyed having the game for a couple of years .

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

anyone else sometimes have their ball caught caught up right here? (yellow circle)[quoted image]

Funny, this never happened to me until today. My game was just shopped, pops are rebuild and sensitive. In fact, I replaced the spoon on the blue pop and dialed it in. Seems to be one of the potential stall points for the game...

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

On to my next oddity. There’s a pulsing sound coming from under the playfield. One of the LEDs on an opto board flickers in sync with the opto sound. Odd. If I unplug J9 from the driver board, the pulsing goes away. I’m not excited to chase down this gremlin. It doesn’t seem to effect play. Just odd and annoying...

Replying to myself here, ha ha.

My game was still running CPU rom version 1.04. Today, I installed version 4.5. Now, the pulsating is gone. Related? Hope so.

Man, the upgraded rom makes this game much more enjoyable. No more random multiballs. Light show is improved, greatly. Maybe the rest is all setting related, and it went back to factory default. Not sure. But, the game is a blast to play...

The glass for my backglass is missing. Marco is out, not sure who else may have it. Haven’t looked real hard yet to be fair...

#1267 2 years ago

Glass cutters can do it. Just need to provide dimensions. I know a Dino Zorbas handles Toronto.. it probably wouldnt survive the shipping....

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Glass cutters can do it. Just need to provide dimensions. I know a Dino Zorbas handles Toronto.. it probably wouldnt survive the shipping....

I ended up having Lowe’s cut me a piece. Obviously it’s not tempered, but for $13, it’ll work.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I ended up having Lowe’s cut me a piece. Obviously it’s not tempered, but for $13, it’ll work.

It will be worth it

And wow lowes eh damn thats cheap.

#1270 2 years ago

@trueno92, thanks, the alternate translite looks great!!

C4834ECC-BD59-49C9-B3BB-49C03598CB6C (resized).jpegC4834ECC-BD59-49C9-B3BB-49C03598CB6C (resized).jpeg
#1271 2 years ago

Love it!! It looks great!!

#1272 2 years ago

If anyone has a Last Action Hero in their line up, ive stumbled upon some art for that one too.

20210531_214922_resized (resized).jpg20210531_214922_resized (resized).jpg
#1273 2 years ago

Sad to say I left the club this weekend. I enjoyed being in it for two years though. Sold to fund another dream pin.

#1274 2 years ago

Make sure to tell the new owner about us! Its a fun pin.

#1275 2 years ago

I did actually! Very nice guy. It went to a good home. It will be missed though. Only sold it to fund a Star Trek Premium so I can complete the Star Trek quad-fecta.

3 weeks later
#1276 2 years ago

I’m having a problem with 2 coils locking up at start up on my nascar the garage kick out and the trough vuk I changed the drivers with no change anybody have any ideas as to where to look next? Thank you trueno92 for the great trans lite looks great!!!! Def a nice upgrade!!!!

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from Groover88:

I’m having a problem with 2 coils locking up at start up on my nascar the garage kick out and the trough vuk I changed the drivers with no change anybody have any ideas as to where to look next? Thank you trueno92 for the great trans lite looks great!!!! Def a nice upgrade!!!!

Very welcome and glad u like it!!

Re garage, what does switch test report when garage up?

#1278 2 years ago

Hey trueno92 garage up switch test all checks out. Changed the driver and now the garage coil dosent lock up the trough kicker started locking on so I changed that driver and now the garage release coil is locking on. Im starting to think it’s the flip flop chip for those drivers I think it’s U1 but that’s a 20 pin chip and I don’t think I’ve got it in me to remove the chip and install a socket. Might have to send it out to get fixed.

#1279 2 years ago

Damn, flip flop chip? Hmm im going to have to read up on that one as most games ive fixed are not at the ic level of needing repair just yet...

Im thinking it has to be simpler as most pin repairs typically are... but i have been known to be wrong more often than not ...

#1280 2 years ago

Yea apparently it controls the drivers I’m having issues with. I agree I’m stil checkin things hopen for a easy fix but I don’t have that much experience with coils locking on to start with but these newer machines are harder to figure out than my 80’s pins but that’s part of the fun for sure. My driver chase Elliot won the race today so it’s still a good day!!!! Go #9

#1281 2 years ago

Something is grounding the coil on power on. Hmm... hoping bumping this will jump start the thread

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Something is grounding the coil on power on. Hmm... hoping bumping this will jump start the thread

Disconnect J8 from the driver board. If it still locks on, it’s a short on the playfield. If it doesn’t lock on, you have a board issue.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

The garage release coil transistor is Q5. With the game off, check the tab of that transistor for continuity (short) to ground. If it has continuity, the transistor is fried.

#1284 2 years ago

Thanks pinjim I unplugged the connector j8 and the coil dosent lock so I’ll ck the transistor tab in a bit.

#1285 2 years ago

Thx for the bump, pin jim! Awaiting how this will turn out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1286 2 years ago

Well I ckd continuity from the q5 tab to ground and I’m getting continuity but I also get a reading on every transitor on the j8 plug so is it farther up stream on the board? While I was in there I ckd the rest of the transistors to ground and they all seem fine. Def stumped on this one

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from Groover88:

Well I ckd continuity from the q5 tab to ground and I’m getting continuity but I also get a reading on every transitor on the j8 plug so is it farther up stream on the board? While I was in there I ckd the rest of the transistors to ground and they all seem fine. Def stumped on this one

Something doesn’t seem right here. I’m away from my machine so I can’t experiment with it. How about trying this. First and foremost, do this with the machine OFF.

Unplug J8. Test the J8 pins for continuity to ground. Again, none should have continuity.

If any show a short / continuity to ground, I’d expect that could would lock on at power up (with J8 connected). Most of the coils, aside from the truck motor, are fed from the same 50VDC circuit.

I’m assuming you’re fluent with a meter. There could be gremlins beyond what I am working towards here, like a break in the 50VDC circuit under the playfield. But that seems unlikely if things were working before this started….

3F063E88-AF87-40C7-BDDF-59FE23B59DFC (resized).jpeg3F063E88-AF87-40C7-BDDF-59FE23B59DFC (resized).jpegFC98B0B1-5682-4D68-B971-7DE600FCE889 (resized).jpegFC98B0B1-5682-4D68-B971-7DE600FCE889 (resized).jpeg
#1288 2 years ago

Hi all - joining the club in the coming days! I ordered a new 1:43 diecast to replace the test car (that thing is so f'ing ugly...).

Do I need to put any type of protection on the actual car so it doesn't damage the pinballs? I don't care if the car gets beat up, but am worried about the playfield getting chewed up if the balls gets damaged.

I was considering adding clear bumpers or clear tape just to avoid the metal-on-metal contact.

TIA for any advice.

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Hi all - joining the club in the coming days! I ordered a new 1:43 diecast to replace the test car (that thing is so f'ing ugly...).
Do I need to put any type of protection on the actual car so it doesn't damage the pinballs? I don't care if the car gets beat up, but am worried about the playfield getting chewed up if the balls gets damaged.
I was considering adding clear bumpers or clear tape just to avoid the metal-on-metal contact.
TIA for any advice.

Info on car replacement here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-test-car-on-nascar#post-2301997

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

TIA for any advice.

Balls seem to be pretty good. I have a last action hero and believe me, the scoops on that thing see ball strikes at all angles and balls are fine.

There are t nuts on the upper left side of the pf race track that are hardened steel and make sure they are covered with mylar.

Dont worry about a car taking some hits, it wont harm the balls! Oh i should also mention, the car is mounted on a hinge, so even when its stuck, it can absorb the hit.

Its pretty good actually. And i dont find it as unrobust as some ppl say

#1291 2 years ago

So I still haven’t figured out my coil lock on issues so I ordered a new driver board which will be in today. Does anybody think that installing the new board will burn up something like on the old one? I’ve ckd the j8 playfield plug to ground and nothing seems to be grounded out. I’m in over my head on this one so I think I’ll send my old board out to get it fixed then I’ll have a spare.

#1292 2 years ago

Does the coil have a diode on it? Is it loose?

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Groover88:

So I still haven’t figured out my coil lock on issues so I ordered a new driver board which will be in today. Does anybody think that installing the new board will burn up something like on the old one? I’ve ckd the j8 playfield plug to ground and nothing seems to be grounded out. I’m in over my head on this one so I think I’ll send my old board out to get it fixed then I’ll have a spare.

From everything you’ve described, I suspect your new board will fix the issue.

Sounds like U1 may be toast, or a cap is shorted….

#1294 2 years ago

Thanks PinJim i really appreciate your help. i just got home and I’m def gonna take your advice and ck the coil and just change out the diode to be safe. Before I put the new board in.

#1295 2 years ago

Also, press down on that u1... never know!

#1296 2 years ago

I did try that press down on u1 trick earlier. With no luck. I put the new driver in and I’m finally back in action. First game was 89 mil so she’s happy to be back. I’m gonna send the old board back to get fixed and I’ll let everybody know what was wrong just in case somebody can learn from it! Thanks for everybody’s help and trueno92 awesome trans light

7F98BBE5-2871-49D9-976E-5368A948F287 (resized).jpeg7F98BBE5-2871-49D9-976E-5368A948F287 (resized).jpeg
#1297 2 years ago

Damn that translite is SWEET. Now we just need someone to fix the design of the truck in the back left corner. Ugh... so bland.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Damn that translite is SWEET. Now we just need someone to fix the design of the truck in the back left corner. Ugh... so bland.

I think we need more pics of that topper!! Thanks for the shout out to my translight!!! And great score up at 89 mill!! Def happy to be back!

Actually i think a tour of all the mods would be great, colordmd, funky speaker panel, modded car for the garage etc.

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I think we need more pics of that topper!! Thanks for the shout out to my translight!!! And great score up at 89 mill!! Def happy to be back!
Actually i think a tour of all the mods would be great, colordmd, funky speaker panel, modded car for the garage etc.

Ha ha, I did notice that topper but didn't think of it as one to be honest. Great look!

The translite you made is one of the nicest ones I've seen. I am still thinking of getting another NASCAR. It's the only pin I've sold that I've ever really missed. I wish it was easier to get parts for it. Some of the stuff is difficult to find. The garage needs a better design in my opinion too. Where are all the engineers? Ha!

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Ha ha, I did notice that topper but didn't think of it as one to be honest. Great look!
The translite you made is one of the nicest ones I've seen. I am still thinking of getting another NASCAR. It's the only pin I've sold that I've ever really missed. I wish it was easier to get parts for it. Some of the stuff is difficult to find. The garage needs a better design in my opinion too. Where are all the engineers? Ha!

If it helps, ive played the crap out of my nascar for at least 2-3hrs a day for the first 6 weeks of ownership after getting it dialed in. Its been behaving well after getting over the garage latch and hasnt done anything unexpected! Agreed the garage mech should be on rollers but after looking at it closer, the slider should do fine for a long time as mine appears to float between both brackets even tho that magna lube is called for for contact.

I do admit the light show is amazing witb leds and led ocd and the game play really needs to be recognized for how smooth it feels for a fan layout. It makes you really want to shoot for the spinners with how the spinners select the modes and the shots flow so nicely. And when those spinners are rippin, its great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.