• Latest reply 1 day ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 48 votes
    67%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 17 votes
    24%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 5 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    3%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1090339 (resized).JPG
P1090336 (resized).JPG
15619024169921459402517 (resized).jpg
IMG_0440 (resized).JPG
IMG_0435 (resized).JPG
IMG_0434 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
a6328a1ee0faacbb4a388bbc4dd6d5f905c00162 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190527_212255 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190524_212346 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
NASCAR (resized).jpg
IMG_0261 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0258 (resized).jpeg
97DBFB53-5304-48AB-88D6-180020141BF8 (resized).jpeg
38AF23B2-6B7B-4765-BFD4-0C322DCBB317 (resized).jpeg

There are 901 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
#851 45 days ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

My hauler cars aren't spinning and several other coils aren't firing after a shop job, including the slingshots. Did I blow a fuse somewhere?

I'd test all the fuses in the backbox and can't recall if there are fuses under the playfield. Do the coils work in test mode?

2 weeks later
#852 31 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Hi guys
Would anyone have this plastic and help me out ? A decent used one will be fine, doesn't have to be new.
Many thanks race fans ![quoted image]

Still on the hunt

a6328a1ee0faacbb4a388bbc4dd6d5f905c00162 (resized).jpg
#853 30 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Still on the hunt [quoted image]

Wish I could help ya.

#854 29 days ago

Wish Stern would run these again, but they won't. Not enough money in it for them.

You're best bet is to make your own.

#855 29 days ago

What’s the going rate for a mint HUO, one owner NASCAR with goodies bags still stapled where they left the factory at?

#856 29 days ago

2800ish???

#857 29 days ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What’s the going rate for a mint HUO, one owner NASCAR with goodies bags still stapled where they left the factory at?

An HUO Nascar just sold last week, asking price was $3k, don't know what it sold for.

#858 23 days ago

Not much of a range then down to rough and routed--seems like average condition sells for low 2's? There's this too:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80710

#859 23 days ago

I had High Speed and Checkpoint.
Nascar seemed like the natural progression.

Plus it was available at the time and was on my short list.

Is Mustang next?

#860 23 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I had High Speed and Checkpoint.
Nascar seemed like the natural progression.
Plus it was available at the time and was on my short list.
Is Mustang next?

I owned a Mustang Pro for a few years and really had fun with it. Best part of Mustang, for me, was replacing all the songs with my own. I had a blast with that. Finally was just time to move on and get another game.

#861 22 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Not much of a range then down to rough and routed--seems like average condition sells for low 2's? There's this too:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80710

I agree the range isn't much, a friend picked up a HUO dale jr for 2800 recently as well. This game just doesn't seem to get a lot of love.

#862 17 days ago

Picked up a Nascar trailer toy from Walmart for $14 to see if I could improve the bland, plastic, truck hauler area. I was looking for a larger scale truck (this is 1:64) - more like a Hess truck scale, that I could cut in half length wise and cover the truck "artwork" and give it 3D depth.

As it is, this trailer looks pretty good and stuck in place with double side tape, no modifications. I have no idea who any Nascar drivers are, I only picked this truck because of the color blending in with the existing artwork.

IMG_0434 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0440 (resized).JPG
#863 17 days ago

I have no idea what to search for in trying to find such a thing--if I wanted to re-create the Indianapolis Motor Speedway score tower (whatever its actually called) is there a toy or something that would do it? Seems like high-tech Legos would work. It's just a black tower with LED numbers.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/cars-race-past-the-pagoda-during-the-nascar-sprint-cup-news-photo/174734479?adppopup=true

What about the Pagoda? 3D print it?

About the hauler pictured above--I was going to get one too and put it there, but also get a postcard or some sort of decal of the start of a Brickyard 400 race looking from Turn 1 up toward the start finish line and use that to cover most of that metal box. The hauler would be somewhere in front of it, I guess, but somehow I was going to just nix the giant box in favor of making it look more like the main strip at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

#864 17 days ago

For $14, the trailer at least upgrades the artwork of that backbox too.

#865 17 days ago

Looks good to me. Nice add. And I see your PinStadiums have some separating from their magna-mounts just like mine.

#866 17 days ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Looks good to me. Nice add. And I see your PinStadiums have some separating from their magna-mounts just like mine.

Yeah you're right. A little dab of super glue will do the trick. I have the same issue on my DIY stadium lights and had to start using superglue for the magnet strips.

#867 16 days ago

I could see this working (for me) as a printout or printed on a fridge magnet material.
I like to be able to remove mods.
I see this pin as a mirror blades candidate.
Don't forget the glare guard.

15619024169921459402517 (resized).jpg
#868 16 days ago

Just take the light out of the backbox if you're worried about glare. I don't notice much glare.

#869 16 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Just take the light out of the backbox if you're worried about glare. I don't notice much glare.

i replaced the florescent bulb with a LED fixture. Then I mounted the fixture lower and have the bulb shining upwards in the backbox. That really eliminated the glare from the playfield glass because the regular bulb is very bright and made too much glare for my tastes.

Quoted from BMHouze:

I see this pin as a mirror blades candidate.

Yeah, mirror blades do look nice on this game. I didn't have a spare set, so I made graphic "blades" using checkered blade wallpaper border. Looks good enough for me to cover the black walls and give a little visual appeal.

#870 15 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Picked up a Nascar trailer toy from Walmart for $14 to see if I could improve the bland, plastic, truck hauler area. I was looking for a larger scale truck (this is 1:64) - more like a Hess truck scale, that I could cut in half length wise and cover the truck "artwork" and give it 3D depth.

This is awesome. I actually have a couple of these trucks so I'll do this tonight when I get home.

#871 15 days ago

Has anybody swapped out the T-molding for black? I find the reflective chrome to be distracting.

#872 11 days ago

Finally got this set up ...had to wait until 2 other games were shopped and moved first .... so guess I'm officially in the club ! Seemed to make sense to put it next to Fish Tales

Needs some tlc but mostly in good shape. Needed the left ramp opto wire soldered back on. And a little tinker with a couple of other switches. But it's up and running.

Seems a lot of fun so far.

P1090336 (resized).JPGP1090339 (resized).JPG
#873 9 days ago

Anyone looking to sell a Grand Prix? Looking to join the club.

#874 9 days ago

I gotta say I do like the GP playfield art more but the callouts are a bit 'red-neck-y' for a F1 theme.

#875 9 days ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I sold my players condition game for 2600 locally.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/78710

#876 9 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am interested in doing a Talladega Nights conversion to a Nascar. Does anyone have any interest

I still have an itch to do a re-theme with Nascar to Talladega Nights. I am looking for an affordable HUO Nascar and maybe someone who wants to mix some audio with pinball browser, etc. -Any leads appreciated, thanks.

#877 9 days ago

I installed pinsound and have a few samples of Talladega Nights audio on my NASCAR, but I’ve been busy with other stuff and haven’t dedicated the time to it, but it’s on the project list. Hah I chose not to go the pinball browser route because of the sound length and quality limitations trying to fit it in the roms.

Also need to find some place that can do quality translite prints, and maybe stickers... I saw one TN translite sample at a recent pinball show, but it was all washed out and looked pretty bad.

Anyone else interested in working on the sound replacements, I’d be happy to collaborate, maybe via Slack or something?

#878 7 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I gotta say I do like the GP playfield art more but the callouts are a bit 'red-neck-y' for a F1 theme.

I have only watched video of Grand Prix ....but agree the call outs just do not fit the theme.

#879 6 days ago

Welcome to the club. The OCD LED light board does wonders for the inserts light show.

#880 5 days ago

Has anyone seen this marketplace ad? I can't believe it's a legit ad. What is NASCAR selling for in the USA? Up here in Canada it's closer to $4K now so to see one selling in NY at $2K ($3K CAD after taxes) is almost too good to be true.

Anyone know the seller?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81115

#881 5 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Has anyone seen this marketplace ad? I can't believe it's a legit ad. What is NASCAR selling for in the USA? Up here in Canada it's closer to $4K now so to see one selling in NY at $2K ($3K CAD after taxes) is almost too good to be true.
Anyone know the seller?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81115

I would be VERY careful on that one and go and see it first hand. That price is way to low.

#882 5 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I would be VERY careful on that one and go and see it first hand. That price is way to low.

What's the going rate on NASCAR in the USA?

#883 4 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

What's the going rate on NASCAR in the USA?

Mine is mint, bought it 2 years ago local for $2750

#884 4 days ago

Is Nascar a fairly common title in the US ? I have no idea on production numbers

Don't see many around in the UK, and even fewer Grand Prix ...even though that was for the Euro market.

#885 4 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Is Nascar a fairly common title in the US ? I have no idea on production numbers
Don't see many around in the UK, and even fewer Grand Prix ...even though that was for the Euro market.

There's usually more than one available for sale within a reasonable driving distance around here. As far as locations having it to play, more than likely it would be found at smaller pubs rather than large barcades.

#886 3 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

What is NASCAR selling for in the USA?

The poster of that ad is relatively new to pinside, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but you'd definitely want to be cautious. I'd ask for additional pictures so that you can see if they're "hiding" anything. Given that there's only one picture, and it's from across the room, it raises a flag. Perhaps someone who lives in the area could go have a look at it for you and let you know what they see.

Regarding price, I've owned this title three times. The last two I had in 2016 and 2018. I sold the fully working, nice condition game in 2016 for $2300 and the one in 2018 I sold for $2600 but it was very nice and it took FOREVER to find a buyer in both cases. I think Nascar is a really tough sell (at least in my experience) so they tend to sit when they're in the $2500 range and sell quicker at lower cost. While $2000 seems like a good deal, it's what I paid for the one I bought in 2018. It needed a small amount of work and needed to be shopped but otherwise was in good shape. The guy I bought it from had it for sale for a while before I bought it.

So, $2000 doesn't seem that crazy low to me but there are a couple of red flags with the ad (new user, only 1 picture, describes it as a "new" game) but with a bit of leg work you can quickly figure out if it's legit.

Dave

#887 3 days ago

It's a fun game and I like the outer track feature.
If you are serious Fifty I will do you a solid.
3500 just cuz you're the previous owner.

#888 2 days ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I think Nascar is a really tough sell (at least in my experience) so they tend to sit when they're in the $2500 range and sell quicker at lower cost.

Here in the UK it's a relatively scarce title. I mentioned I had just got one on a UK forum and had 3 people contact me within hours wanting it after me Different markets.

#889 2 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Here in the UK it's a relatively scarce title. I mentioned I had just got one on a UK forum and had 3 people contact me within hours wanting it after me Different markets.

Sounds like you could get more then what you payed for it when you go to sell it.

#890 2 days ago

Any leads on this item.? 530-5686-00 plunger latch used in Nascar.

#891 2 days ago

Got a pic? I have a good idea of my spare parts by look.
Plus then I know what to keep an eye out for.

#892 2 days ago

I do not, but let me look at manual. I do know it starts as a plunger, then goes square then chisel like.

#893 2 days ago

In the manual, page 99 item 12c. Also on page 98

#894 2 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Got a pic? I have a good idea of my spare parts by look.
Plus then I know what to keep an eye out for.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5686-00

the only one in the world for sale:
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/stern-parts/grand-prix/530-5686-00.html

#895 2 days ago

My brother is a machinist.
Looks pretty simple if you have a buddy.
Mine tends to bind in the square thru the bracket. I have to grease that area and tab on the other side if the garage bracket.
Could also try reseating the coil stops on the side bracket. If that coil wiggles too much it could cause the binding in the latch.
God knows how many times I have torn the garage apart.

#897 2 days ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

It's a fun game and I like the outer track feature.
If you are serious Fifty I will do you a solid.
3500 just cuz you're the previous owner.

For anyone reading that's $3500 CAD (it case you had not clued in).

bmhouze You thinking of selling for real? That is a seriously nice offer. I know you have had issues with the garage. NASCAR can be soul ripping when it comes to the garage. Any other issues with it?

I am thinking seriously about it. Give me a day or two to get back to you. I need to check my funds. I'll PM you so as not to hijack this thread.

#898 1 day ago

I noticed most Nascar have a car in the test car assembly. The one I am working on has a flat plastic with checkerboard decal on it.
TNT video also has the car. When did they change it?

#899 1 day ago
Quoted from chad:

I noticed most Nascar have a car in the test car assembly. The one I am working on has a flat plastic with checkerboard decal on it.
TNT video also has the car. When did they change it?

My guess is that yours had a car and it was either damage or lost and replaced with the checkerboard plastic.

#900 1 day ago

If you are planning on swapping the car out.
Go with the 1/43 action pewter.
There's a #3 Ernhart available.........

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bountiful, UT
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Skaneateles, NY
3,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Sunbury, PA
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 901 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside