• Latest reply 5 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 36.
#551 7 years ago

I looked 2 year ago for a new ramp, nothing.... so I made my fix.

#552 7 years ago

Yep, pretty damn hard to find a ramp. There is one for sale at MAD amusements for 500 bucks. What a joke, such greed...

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Yep, pretty damn hard to find a ramp. There is one for sale at MAD amusements for 500 bucks. What a joke, such greed...

You gotta be shitin me. That guy is a known crook, there's a whole topic about him.

#554 7 years ago

You won't find one. I looked for over a year for one and no luck. Stern said they'd start making them when they had time but they are never going to have enough time. What has the world come to when I can buy ramps for a 1990's Williams game but I can't buy a new ramp for a 2005 Stern game? Maybe Freeplay40 would consider making them?

1 week later
#555 7 years ago

Hey folks. New to the club as of last night.

Having some goofy ball-lock issues but I will update when I get the locks drilled out.

Glad to have a new bird in the flock!

nascar (resized).jpgnascar (resized).jpg

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Hey folks. New to the club as of last night.
Having some goofy ball-lock issues but I will update when I get the locks drilled out.
Glad to have a new bird in the flock!

Welcome to the club. Buying without knowing what's inside can be exciting. Let us know what you find.

#557 7 years ago

Hey guys, couple questions here regarding issues I'm having.

1) Ball lock wasn't working. I found a broken wire connection on one of the optos at the top of the left ramp. Resoldered and now it's working great. A fine victory.

2) My auto-launch isnt working. It works fine if I pull the plunger back out of the way. So, it appears to me the forks are hitting the plunger head. I inspected the launch assembly and it's loose but I really don't see any more play in it than any other coil-arm mechanism I've looked at. Is it possible my shooter rod is bent?

3) My left flipper button is giving me points nearly every time I hit it. The right flipper button less often. After a while they give me "checkered flag bonuses". Where to start here? I'm thinking its one of the stand-up targets that needs to be adjusted. Is the checkered flag bonus only from the targets with the flag inserts in front of them?

#558 7 years ago

3) My left flipper button is giving me points nearly every time I hit it. The right flipper button less often. After a while they give me "checkered flag bonuses". Where to start here? I'm thinking its one of the stand-up targets that needs to be adjusted. Is the checkered flag bonus only from the targets with the flag inserts in front of them?

Put the machine in switch test and see which switches are activating when you flip, you should have only 2 switches activating per flipper, the flipper button and the end of stroke switch ( EOS ), anything else should lead you to the switch that needs adjusting ( if its as simple as that ).

#559 7 years ago

Hey guys, couple questions here regarding issues I'm having.

2) My auto-launch isnt working. It works fine if I pull the plunger back out of the way. So, it appears to me the forks are hitting the plunger head. I inspected the launch assembly and it's loose but I really don't see any more play in it than any other coil-arm mechanism I've looked at. Is it possible my shooter rod is bent?

Where is it loose? If the two metal "prongs" that hit the ball are loose or wiggle than they won't hit the ball hard enough there will be too much give. 2 piece Metal sssembly needs to be nice and tight together in one solid piece. Had same prob with mine like the rivets were coming out. I replaced my assembly but I prob could have used wire or something to wrap it back up tight.

#560 7 years ago

That's a known issue with some Sterns, It's been a while but I think I had to remove the shooter housing from the cab and put a few washers on the opposite side of one of the top threaded screw ins of the housing, that will center the shooter tip. Easy to do but difficult to explain.

#561 7 years ago

It works fine if I pull the plunger back out of the way

When you pull it back out of the way the ball rolls back and touches the fork, that's why it works then. The ball must contact the forks. The reason your shooter is in to far is because your spring on the outside of the game has compress over time and now needs to be replaced. You can try and stretch it but it might not last very long. It should be around a inch long.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

When you pull it back out of the way the ball rolls back and touches the fork, that's why it works then. The ball must contact the forks. The reason your shooter is in to far is because your spring on the outside of the game has compress over time and now needs to be replaced. You can try and stretch it but it might not last very long. It should be around a inch long.

Yup that would do it too. I've never seen that before though.

#563 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup that would do it too. I've never seen that before though.

I've had a sticky shooter lane switch cause it to not roll back all the way too

#564 7 years ago

See my thread here for this issue. I had similar difficulties.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-an-auto-kicker-suppose-to-do-this

Check to see if you have 3 washers installed as well. This is the way NASCAR shipped from Stern.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club?tq&tu=Fifty#post-2314649

b5de6f2f03e3d02abf3b7d17f1fb8a44c8987d62.png (resized).jpgb5de6f2f03e3d02abf3b7d17f1fb8a44c8987d62.png (resized).jpg

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Check to see if you have 3 washers installed as well. This is the way NASCAR shipped from Stern.

Mine actually required more washers (6?) to get the plunger tip off the ball. Not sure if someone had replaced the shooter rod and/or spring on mine before.... Just keep adding until the ball rests on the autoplunge fork.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Mine actually required more washers (6?) to get the plunger tip off the ball. Not sure if someone had replaced the shooter rod and/or spring on mine before.... Just keep adding until the ball rests on the autoplunge fork.

ahh. good idea!

Mine has the 3 washers but I will add to the stack until it does this.

Sometimes I love this place!

thanks.

#567 7 years ago

is there an agreed upon solution to adjust the garage to stop from kicking the ball directly to a center drain?

#568 7 years ago

I myself have a felt chair foot pad stuck under the scoop.
I was considering drilling a hole and using a rubber coil stop.
Some have suggested mounting the garage a bit off amd making new holes.

#569 7 years ago

I cut down the "soft" side of a velcro piece and stuck it inside the scoop on one side. Mine consistently kicks to the right now.

#570 7 years ago

Here she is all LED'd after yesterday. ( I fixed the right sling bulb and the flipper plastics)

New rubbers
LEDs
New DMD (had a spare)
Switch adjustments on the stand-ups that were scoring each flip
Velcro in the Test Car scoop (still kicking down the gut but much less often)
Washers added to the shooter to help the auto-launch

Story with this guy is I saw it in a listing of a house for sale, sitting in an empty room. Along with a Mortal Kombat 2 converted to a some hunting game. Got both for $2,000. Stripped and sold the MK2 for a total of $300. I'm pretty pleased with a $1,700, lightly played NASCAR.

20170128_202125_001 (resized).jpg20170128_202125_001 (resized).jpg

#571 7 years ago

Anybody know the part number for these lamp sockets I need 5 of these for my NASCAR pinball they completely came apart when I tried LEDing my machine thanks

Alex L CCPL

IMG_0509 (resized).jpgIMG_0509 (resized).jpg

IMG_0513 (resized).jpgIMG_0513 (resized).jpg

#572 7 years ago

New rubbers
LEDs
New DMD (had a spare)
Switch adjustments on the stand-ups that were scoring each flip
Velcro in the Test Car scoop (still kicking down the gut but much less often)
Washers added to the shooter to help the auto-launch

But did you get the OCD board for the insert lighting?

That is some steal you got there. I would have done the same thing as you.....and I already have the game.

#573 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamboo27:

Anybody know the part number for these lamp sockets I need 5 of these for my NASCAR pinball they completely came apart when I tried LEDing my machine thanks
Alex L CCPL

Their 44 sockets. Go to Marco and look for pictures of the same ones.

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamboo27:

Anybody know the part number for these lamp sockets

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=285
It happened to me too.

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But did you get the OCD board for the insert lighting?
That is some steal you got there. I would have done the same thing as you.....and I already have the game.

I have not. I'm not sure I will either, though it would be nice.

If I get anything it will be the checkered flag flipper bats (a certainty if I can still get them) and the tachyometer mod (at $100+ I'm not sure yet but it looks pretty cool from what I can tell.)

#576 7 years ago

tachyometer mod (at $100+ I'm not sure yet but it looks pretty cool from what I can tell.)

The tach mod doesn't work well with this game, I have it and don't care for it. Mustang yes NASCAR no.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The tach mod doesn't work well with this game, I have it and don't care for it. Mustang yes NASCAR no.

shoot. Oh well, too late. It's already on the way haha

#578 7 years ago

I have not. I'm not sure I will either, though it would be nice.
If I get anything it will be the checkered flag flipper bats (a certainty if I can still get them) and the tachyometer mod (at $100+ I'm not sure yet but it looks pretty cool from what I can tell.)

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/nascar-pinball-tach-mod-install/

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/04/16/video-of-installing-hooked-on-pinballs-hurst-shifter-shooter-rod-and-gear-plate/

#579 7 years ago

Watched the video.
Definitely NOT getting a tach mod.
Does not appear to match up well with play. Either at 0 or stuck redlined.
Probably better on a Checkpoint but it already has the PF tach.
I am thinking custom painted/skin for the test car is the way to go. Especially if you have a favourite driver.
Maybe, maybe mirror blades for some more flash from leds. (no real added value like leds or a color dmd)
The flipper bat mod just looks cheesy/cheap (imo).

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Watched the video.
Definitely NOT getting a tach mod.
Does not appear to match up well with play. Either at 0 or stuck redlined.
Probably better on a Checkpoint but it already has the PF tach.
I am thinking custom painted/skin for the test car is the way to go. Especially if you have a favourite driver.
Maybe, maybe mirror blades for some more flash from leds. (no real added value like leds or a color dmd)
The flipper bat mod just looks cheesy/cheap (imo).

My Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up would look great on the game but not sure what color.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Did it for mine. Has held up great. Well over 300 plays.
It is a decal.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

It is a decal.

Damn that looks good. What kind of paint did ya use? Could we get a close up of the ball strike side? Would you do others?

#583 7 years ago

That was before I put in game. Not paint, it's a decal. I'll get a photo today of strike side. Would do others.

#584 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

That was before I put in game. Not paint, it's a decal. I'll get a photo today of strike side. Would do others.

I see. How much would you charge?

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

It is a decal.

That looks fantastic. I'd be interested in buying if you decide to sell others.

#586 7 years ago

Here it what it looks like now. I will get with my decal guy on this.

20170203_085034 (resized).jpg20170203_085034 (resized).jpg

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Here it what it looks like now. I will get with my decal guy on this.

Looks like some smudging or dirt from ball strikes on the white part. Does that clean off?

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like some smudging or dirt from ball strikes on the white part. Does that clean off?

Think of it as tire rub....short tracks ftw! Hahaha

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Think of it as tire rub....short tracks ftw! Hahaha

But...but...but tire rub goes in circles. I still want one.

#590 7 years ago

If these decals get made, I'd take one too. Looks great!

#591 7 years ago

Found a really beat up and destroyed Nascar near to me as well as a mustang which had been vandalised while on location, love the way Nascar plays and considering a re-theme as the game is trashed but cant decide which one to buy as a project, anyone here with a Nascar/Grand prix that also owns Mustang? Which is the better game and why? Thanks guys.

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Found a really beat up and destroyed Nascar near to me as well as a mustang which had been vandalised while on location, love the way Nascar plays and considering a re-theme as the game is trashed but cant decide which one to buy as a project, anyone here with a Nascar/Grand prix that also owns Mustang? Which is the better game and why? Thanks guys.

Have had grand Prix and played Mustang like 30 games. I would buy Mustang over NASCAR but for sure the NASCAR must be a lot cheaper as Mustang so not honest comparison. So NASCAR should be better bang for your buck and it is a great pin.

#593 7 years ago

I can get the decals for the test car done. Just need to know if you want to apply, or have me apply. Also need to know what drivers car decal you want on it. I will get a price for decals for self install.

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I can get the decals for the test car done. Just need to know if you want to apply, or have me apply. Also need to know what drivers car decal you want on it. I will get a price for decals for self install.

Pm sent

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have both and to me Mustang is way better, also about 2k more expensive, but price depends on where you live.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

pm sent as well....

#597 7 years ago

how many grand prix's are in the US? asking because i kinda just bought one and would like to know this fun fact when people come over to play it. I understand it is rare here and I see 8 dots on the owners pin map, not very many!

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

how many grand prix's are in the US? asking because i kinda just bought one and would like to know this fun fact when people come over to play it. I understand it is rare here and I see 8 dots on the owners pin map, not very many!

I saw and played one in my area a couple years ago.

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

how many grand prix's are in the US? asking because i kinda just bought one

The online auction one?

#600 7 years ago

Look at the bright side.
As Grand Prix was the export model you should actually pay a bit more for spare parts. As they will be coming from all over the globe.

Just love how ipd calls Dale Jr a GP le.

I heard Nascar racing is dying. Just didn't think we were all jumping on the F1 bus...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.