• Latest reply 5 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Have you reached Champion Challenge?”

• No, but I will some day! 62 votes
    60%
  • Yes, and it was like kissing Danica Patrick with Journey playing in the background 32 votes
    31%
  • Yes, pretty good but could have been better 7 votes
    7%
  • Yes, and I was disappointed 2 votes
    2%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4505 (resized).jpeg
395318953_302141939305935_9197749323100653698_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7828 (resized).jpg
IMG_7830 (resized).jpg
Nascar-Pinball-Machine-9 (resized).jpg
20230712_194745 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 36.
#501 7 years ago

Big massive pile up/crash translight is the way to go...

1 month later
#502 7 years ago

I am having some trouble finding an era specific Rudd plate (Rusty is pretty easy) so I am using a Harvick plate for a glare guard until I can get all 3 plates for a topper.
Did a flipper coil cleaning today.
I may have to re-adjust the angle a little as I am crashing (what I call airballs on Nascar) a whole lot more than before the cleaning.
The left flipper was just filthy.

20160930_100337 (resized).jpg20160930_100337 (resized).jpg

#503 7 years ago

Your having fun. Do you have the OCD board in yours?

#504 7 years ago

No OCD board. There is a nice empty space for one in the bottom left of the cabinet.
I looked some up. I am a bit leery about "should" work.
Epecially when I live hours from the nearest pin parts store.

20161004_171009 (resized).jpg20161004_171009 (resized).jpg

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

No OCD board. There is a nice empty space for one in the bottom left of the cabinet.
I looked some up. I am a bit leery about "should" work.
Epecially when I live hours from the nearest pin parts store.

It's a MUST HAVE for NASCAR, the BEST mod for this game, I LOVE mine. It's no brainer easy to install, just follow the instructions.

1 week later
#506 7 years ago

I have these new and used nascar/grandprix plastics for sale on ebay or best offer here
ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#507 7 years ago

Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for your help and advice.

I've had my Nascar for about 1 1/2 years and a few months ago it started randomly tilting. I'll be playing it and then it starts with "Danger" and then shortly after that, it tilts.

It also "automatically" launches the ball each time, and it seems to tilt when there is more than one ball on the playfield

Any ideas?

- Deron

#508 7 years ago

Oh man that's crazy. I wish I could help.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from PeoriaKid:

I've had my Nascar for about 1 1/2 years and a few months ago it started randomly tilting. I'll be playing it and then it starts with "Danger" and then shortly after that, it tilts.
It also "automatically" launches the ball each time, and it seems to tilt when there is more than one ball on the playfield
Any ideas?
- Deron

Sounds like a switch matrix issue

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from PeoriaKid:

Any ideas?
- Deron

yeah, mine had a transistor go bad at Allentown pinfest, started triggering tilt, tournament, slam tilt and whatever else was on that particular switch matrix.

#511 7 years ago

Thanks for your replies - if I put it into test mode, will it tell me anything? Is it something physical (a disconnect, loose wire etc) or something electronic? Any way to isolate the problem?

#512 7 years ago

Test mode would be the first step. Test all the switches.

1 week later
#513 7 years ago

Guys,

I'm having trouble with the ramp switch behind the truck.

It wasn't activating all the time so I tried to adjust it, now it never works.

Any hints on how to adjust this one? It is so hard to get too, I only want to get back into it one more time.

Mark.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Guys,
I'm having trouble with the ramp switch behind the truck.
It wasn't activating all the time so I tried to adjust it, now it never works.
Any hints on how to adjust this one? It is so hard to get too, I only want to get back into it one more time.
Mark.

You may have broken it.

#515 7 years ago

Sorry I wasn't more detailed.

No the switch works, it's the shape of the metal trigger, or whatever it's called.

I bent it to try to get it more consistent but now the ball doesn't activate it.

Saw this on another NASCAR but it wasn't bad enough to deal with.

Was reaching out to see if anyone had a good bulletproofing fix for it.

#516 7 years ago

I see, I've never had to mess with mine so I'm no help. I have a switch like that on my BF and it's a pain too.

#517 7 years ago

Well I spent way too much time on the issue this morning, but I got it working.

I hate this pf because I could never get to the back of the ramps and this switch/coil. I figured out how to get to it, but I'm sure most people have already done it before.

I pulled out the pf and placed the end of the rails in the notch under the lockdown bar. Then I lifted the rear of the pf straight up and slid a roll of shrink wrap underneath and across the side rails. I placed it under the drop-down target assembly so I wouldn't bend anything. This was a little front heavy, but it worked great to get to the rear of the pf.

With this easy access, I was able to adjust the switch and get the coil tightened up too. The ball wasn't always ejecting on the first try, so I cleaned up the plunger and tightened the ramp mounts.

#518 7 years ago

Thanks.
My hauler coil doesn't always fire every tme and I was wondering how the heck you get into that area a bit easier.
Even when I had the area torn down for a rubber swap it wasn't readily accessible.

#519 7 years ago

It worked out well. You can then take the back black piece off with four screws and one connector. Then you can lift the entire ramp assembly out to clean or work on that switch & coil.

Of course I figured all this out after putting my ramps back in.

I got it all back together after my cleaning waxing and rubbers. Worked on a few other switches to get the pit road/ multi ball working correctly.

Banged out a few dozen games and man it is fun. I've not ever played one this nice and it makes a difference. It is fast, fun, and deep.

I actually have two machines now, the other is out for board repair and is a reg NASCAR. Need to figure out which one to sell.

IMG_2131.JPGIMG_2131.JPG

#520 7 years ago

been playing the crap out of this game to get it to break again.

The only thing I have notices is that rear coil is inconsistent. Sometimes it doesn't eject the ball, 10-20% of the time, and other times it shoots it so hard it flies out of the ramp and onto the playfield.

When I shopped it, I didn't replace anything on it, but tore it down and cleaned the plunger, sleeve, spring etc. made sure all the mounting screws were tight.

Now it is exponentially better and acceptable, but still annoying that its not perfect. Does everyone else see this?

#522 7 years ago

Finally got champ 1 and captured it all on stream

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

» YouTube video

Man that's GREAT!

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

» YouTube video

Nice work!

#525 7 years ago

Two years of casual play and still not there yet.....
Good for you.

#526 7 years ago

I am interested in doing a Talladega Nights conversion to a Nascar. Does anyone have any interest or can someone help with pinball browser, etc. There was word that someone was working on it? I could get the translight made and find some die cast cars, etc.

Anyone interested? This would be an awesome conversion! -Make it happen

thKDTJQ3H7.jpgthKDTJQ3H7.jpg

thUQXXNNOG.jpgthUQXXNNOG.jpg

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The only thing I have notices is that rear coil is inconsistent. Sometimes it doesn't eject the ball, 10-20% of the time, and other times it shoots it so hard it flies out of the ramp and onto the playfield.
When I shopped it, I didn't replace anything on it, but tore it down and cleaned the plunger, sleeve, spring etc. made sure all the mounting screws were tight.
Now it is exponentially better and acceptable, but still annoying that its not perfect. Does everyone else see this?

This is exactly what mine does as well, though it never flies off the ramp. It almost always gets out on that second eject.

#528 7 years ago

I would definitely be interested in a Talladega Nights conversion. I didn't think I'd keep Nascar that long, but with the conversion I think it would stay a while.

#529 7 years ago

I have a Nascar for sale in Milwaukee. Here's the link to my ad:

Machine - For Sale
Nascar Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Game is in decent condition and is fully working. Test car registers hits correctly and the race track seems to work correctly as well. I have the keys to the coin door and head ...”
2016-11-10
Muskego, WI
Archived after: 41 days
Viewed: 754 times

#530 7 years ago

Champ1 completed and 2 1st places. did it on location! so stoked right now!

nascar Highscore (resized).jpgnascar Highscore (resized).jpg

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

Champ1 completed and 2 1st places. did it on location! so stoked right now!

1 week later
#532 7 years ago

Powder coating and pinblades added to my Nascar. Who's up for some racing?

20161112_121852 (resized).jpg20161112_121852 (resized).jpg

20161112_121843 (resized).jpg20161112_121843 (resized).jpg

#533 7 years ago

That blue is fantastic! Great choice!

#534 7 years ago

Yeah I like that blue also, is that candy blue.

#535 7 years ago

Yep I agree, the blue powder coat looks fantastic...

#536 7 years ago

Any problems with the pinblades?
I was considering them. The whole ram the pf forward to get it in makes me a bit leery about narrowing the gap. Plua the whole scratching the crap out of them.

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Any problems with the pinblades?
I was considering them. The whole ram the pf forward to get it in makes me a bit leery about narrowing the gap. Plua the whole scratching the crap out of them.

You should put the support rails on it, I did and no more ramming.

#538 7 years ago

I just joined the club with a Grand Prix. I have a few questions about the popup post above the pop bumpers in the inner orbit. Mine doesn't seem to work at all, not in game and not in test. I haven't spent any time diagnosing yet except for making sure there are no wires off the coil and testing voltage at the coil ( both ok, 20v at the brown wire ). I can't see an option in the settings to disable it, is there one? when/how often does the post pop up? as it is the ball rarely gets to the pop bumpers unless a weak shot only makes it half way round the loop and dribbles in. This possibly makes for a faster more flowing game but I'd rather it play as it should.

#539 7 years ago

Yeah fast shots will be by before it deploys.
I would guess that the right spinner during infield party mode is the trigger to deploy.

#540 7 years ago

I don't think the spinner deploys it, I believe it is up whenever you are in infield mode plus some other times.

If it doesn't work during the coil test, then there is an issue somewhere.

#541 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I just played through most if not all the modes, its not working at all. I'll get to it in the next few days.

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

20v at the brown wire ).

You need to have voltage on both lugs of the coil, if not the coil has a break in the winding.

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to have voltage on both lugs of the coil, if not the coil has a break in the winding.

A quick test last night before bed, I grounded the thin wire tab of the coil and coil fired so coil ok. Checked continuity of this wire back to connector, all good. Quick test of Q23 Tip122 with DMM gave different results to other nearby transistors ( although not shorted to ground, obviously ) so it looks like I have a transistor to change unless problem is further back.

#544 7 years ago

This non working up post has lead me a merry dance. After removing the board and testing Q23 all seemed fine but it still wasn't working. Scratching my head I decided to change Q23 anyway. Still the same. A friend recommended trying a factory reset which I did and all of a sudden it was working. I changed a few standard settings to my liking and it stopped working! Turns out if I set coil pulse power to hard ( I always do that, maybe not any more ) it stops working. Coil pulse power back to normal and it works again, very strange.

Anyway, it seems to be working mainly off the right spinner, but sometimes off the left spinner too which doesn't seem right because a left orbit shot mostly activates the coil as the ball hits the right spinner on leaving the orbit. There is nothing wrong with my left spinner or the switch after it, they register every time just don't activate the coil very often. Can someone check their machine for me please and confirm whether a left orbit shot activates the post as often as a right orbit shot?

My game and display version aren't upto date ( I will change that ) but I see nothing in the version notes mentioning the up post.

#545 7 years ago

Last damn mode to come on.....
The switch in the pf above either spinner activates the post during infield party.
Tried both sides. Both activate the up post/infield diverter.

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Last damn mode to come on.....
The switch in the pf above either spinner activates the post during infield party.
Tried both sides. Both activate the up post/infield diverter.

Thanks BMHouze, that's very different to how mine is working. I'll get the software up to date and take it from there.

thanks again

Kev

2 weeks later
#547 7 years ago

Ok I need to put this subject to bed as its driving me crazy. I have replaced the cpu rom and display rom with up to date versions ( which needed doing anyway ) but the up post in the inner orbit still behaves the same. The 4 switches in the orbit all work correctly, i.e. Going clockwise left spinner, left orbit, right orbit, right spinner. Through most of a game in most modes the right spinner and right orbit switch activate the up post, the left spinner and left orbit switch do not but a left orbit shot will activate the up post as it leaves the orbit on the right side ( obviously doesn't look correct as the post is popping up after the ball has long gone ). The only time my left spinner/left orbit switch activate the up post is during infield party mode when they alternate with the right side. If this is not how it behaves on everyone elses machine I have no idea whats wrong with mine.

Can anyone please confirm that this is or isn't how its supposed to be? Is it just poorly coded ( why would you have the post pop up as it leaves the orbit? ). To confirm this is a Grand Prix not a Nascar or Dale Jr not that it should make a difference.

Thanks

Kev

1 month later
#548 7 years ago

Hey does anyone know where to buy the RIGHT ramp entrance protectors for nascar? Also looking for a new or used right ramp - condition of ramp not super important as it must be better than what I have now. Thanks

#549 7 years ago

Just make one out of a piece of stainless steel and install with double sided tape. My right ramp is missing @ 3/4 inch of the right side. The piece I made is about 5 inches long and extends over the missing part of the ramp.

#550 7 years ago

Was hoping for an after market solution but if I need to make it so be it.

Quoted from GRUMPY:Just make one out of a piece of stainless steel and install with double sided tape. My right ramp is missing @ 3/4 inch of the right side. The piece I made is about 5 inches long and extends over the missing part of the ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascargrand-prix-owner-and-fan-club/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.