You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1764 (resized).JPG
IMG_1763 (resized).JPG
nascar (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Picked up a Nascar yesterday. Played the game etc and it then was broken down, wrapped and placed into my vehicle. Have it home and waiting to go into my house later today when I have some help. When getting it out of my van I noticed a flat white loose lead hanging out of the backbox of the game.

Game is shrink wrapped with head folded down until I get it downstairs later today so I can't trace back where this lead originates at the moment. Any idea what this lead is for and where the connector end should be secured ? See photos - white flat lead.

Left a message for the seller but haven't gotten a return call yet. I don't recall him doing anything other than turning the lock and lowering the head when breaking down the game. I didn't see him do anything with a wire unless I missed that.

nascar (resized).JPGnascar (resized).JPG

IMG_1763 (resized).JPGIMG_1763 (resized).JPG

IMG_1764 (resized).JPGIMG_1764 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Seller returned my phone call - he didn't disconnect anything when folding the head down. So this wasn't connected while he had the game.

Looks like it might be some kind of ground ?

Maybe when I get the game downstairs later today and set up I can look inside the head and find the origin.

#3 6 years ago

Looks like the ground that goes under one of the four bolts that secure the display in place.

#4 6 years ago

Thats a grpund for the speakers. Theres also a spare 2 pin connector in the head, Do not connect that. It's 190v for the betabrite.if you connect it youll blow the board. I did the same. There's an alert on the stern site about it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-unknown-lead-connection-from-headbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.