(Topic ID: 50020)

Nascar- This game is fast and stupid fun!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by NYP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-2.jpeg

#1 10 years ago

Just picked one up at Allentown (thanks to Eric Bundy hooking me up/trade)
    The theme, eh
    The game, is great! l can't think of a faster pin i've ever owned. lt whips so quick around those spinners, and multiball can payoff huge with it's unique way to score Super Jackpots via the drop targets (which btw the right drop is very tricky to hit)
    One of my favorite modes is TEST CAR, where you keep bashing the car. lt also puts a smile on my face when you hold the left flipper to auto lock a second ball off the plunge and it goes ''good thinking!'' voice and dmd.

Tricky right ramp too. lt has so many good shots going for it. Waxed and brutal!
    Pat Lawlor. Gets a so so, and lets face it, not too exciting title to work with compared to todays newest pins, and shows his innovative and unique style even with this one.
    Okay, l'll lay off the praise. Some with say ''hey, it's only NASCAR''
    l've been having good times with it though

Anyone know what the captive ball does? l hear a noise when hit, but l don't see (or it's too quick) any dmd animation/scoring for it? hmmm

#2 10 years ago

It is a fun pin that's affordable due to the theme.

#3 10 years ago

I enjoyed that game at Allentown. Was pretty fun!

#4 10 years ago

bought my grand prix (nascar's european verson) last month and i love it. great speed and fun.
    when you shoot the spinner loop twice in a row, in a combo, the ball goes so fast you can't even see itlol
    i think the captive ball also has jackpots when lit.

#5 10 years ago

It's what I have been saying. Definitely an under-rated Pin and valued very well. Now folks, get out there and get yours and don't think about the theme...

Congrats to the new owner...

#6 10 years ago

The bash car is the only thing that looks kind of crummy, to nit pick. Everything else is great, a real fun game. Would love to own one.

#7 10 years ago

I dig the bash car a lot-
    Those double spinners are so crazy fast, it's insane if you can get two or three combo loops going on them

I know captive ball is for Jackpots, but any other points or bonus x?

#8 10 years ago

$5k by Daytona.

#9 10 years ago

this is one of my guilty pleasure pins for sure...my wife wants to get one and retheme it to a speed racer.

#10 10 years ago

Hu hu hu.... Thanks!

th-2.jpegth-2.jpeg

#11 10 years ago

I have played this pin, it is fun. The looping track is nifty. The oval looping ball lane has been done on a 1930's or 1940's pin. The ball plunger sends the ball around the playfield to drop in at the top of the playfield. NASCAR reference to the big oval racing track is what the designers were going for.
    Bashing the car with the ball, shooting the ramps is all good. I never got to the ramp below the sky-box announcer booth part. I was able to rack up free games and left games on the pin. The replay score was set to low. There are 2 different translights. I liked playing it.

#12 10 years ago

I still have my Nascar for sale. All LED out from Cointaker. $2500obo Here are the pictures:

http://s716.photobucket.com/user/ted_1776/media/Nascar/DSCF4633_zpsee732fa1.jpg.html

Thanks,
    Ted

#13 10 years ago

Still one of the 'Best bang for the Buck' Pins. But like everything else, this one is on a little rise as well...

#14 10 years ago

i have the Grand prix version, pretty rare in North Amercica...it s reimported it from Italy...
    very fun game and fast!!! i love the sousnds of jackpots and SUUUUPPPEEERRR jackpots!!!
    definately a good game to own...

#15 10 years ago

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could find it near me for the right price. I don't even mind the theme too much. It'd fit right in with my Fish Tales.

#16 10 years ago

If the next machine that came out had this designed playfield it would be a major hit, people would be drooling all over it. It came out at the wrong time and maybe the wrong theme, a true sleeper.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-this-game-is-fast-and-stupid-fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.