• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by roc-noc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello Team,

Considering buying NASCAR, any owners? and what's your thoughts on this one?

Thanks Everyone...

#2 11 years ago

Generally speaking people don't think very highly of Nascar.

However what little following it does have, People LOVE IT.

Too each their own. Spend some quality time with it and if YOU like it then pull the trigger. Who cares what we think anyways? :-p

#3 11 years ago

A friend had one for a while. I only played it for a few hours but the pin was fun. The theme hurt it for me but im sure many others would like it. Great bang for your buck pin. Would own one if I had the chance. Price $2000-$2500

#4 11 years ago

I have played a lot of a local one and I hate it! The callouts are annoying as hell and the bottom half of the playfield looks all cheesy and messed up. In terms of gameplay, nothing special. Typical PL bogus with random multiball modes and worthless modes.

#5 11 years ago

I had one for a little bit. All in all it's a really good game I think. The theme just killed it for me. I honestly believe that if the theme were something different, this game would be in the top 75 for sure. NASCAR has some great shots.....just a terrible theme. That's why people either love it or hate it. If you're into NASCAR it's an awesome game!

#6 11 years ago

It's just a so-so game. If you love the theme, then its worth picking up. The car mech seems to be a problem on lots of them. Compared to the rest of your collection, it would be ranked 11th

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I had one for a little bit. All in all it's a really good game I think. The theme just killed it for me. I honestly believe that if the theme were something different, this game would be in the top 75 for sure. Nascar has some great shots.....just a terrible theme. That's why people either love it or hate it. If you're into Nascar it's an awesome game!

It cracks me up how so few pinheads like sports. It seems that almost all sport related themes on a pin means people are going to say "the theme sucks".

But having a gay theme like CV is cool.

#8 11 years ago

Any owners have some positive aspects for this Pin? And thanks for the comments so far.

#9 11 years ago

I dig it... The loop around the playfield doesn't really add anything to playability, but its a cool novelty. Its very funny to watch it freak new players out since it looks like the ball is heading for a 75mph drain when it loops behind the flippers (I also love that the bell on Taxi scares the crap out of people -I might have problems, lol).

I have never owned NASCAR, only played on location, but I still play it any chance I get. Not a huge NASCAR fan, but the theme doesn't repel me like Shaq.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It cracks me up how so few pinheads like sports. It seems that almost all sport related themes on a pin means people are going to say "the theme sucks".

Really? How can you try to imply that Nascar is even 20% as manly as CV or TOTAN. haha jk. Your post cracked me up. If Stern makes Care Bears or my little pony it will be my first NIB!

Seriously though, I had it and it's really hit or miss on who will like it. Definitely looks nice and it can be fun. Play it a lot first unless the theme is something that you love. Then I'd take the chance.

Edit:
I babysat one for about a month. It sat next to NGG and I played it 5 times. My girlfriend seemed to like it

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It cracks me up how so few pinheads like sports.

I like sports (as probably most do here)..... but this thread is about a NASCAR theme

zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg

I totally went there

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

When did driving a car in circles become a sport? And I never knew the ringmaster was gay...how did you? Drill a hole in his plastic mouth did you?

#13 11 years ago

I have owned 2 Nascar machines in the past year. Both I had to sell for right at or just under 2k. I bought them because I got a good deal on a group of pins.

Honestly, the best part is the race track around the playfield. The rules aren't great and it didn't have any lasting power for me.

Sorry, I know you were looking for positive stuff.....but after owning it twice, I can't give ya any

There are tons of great games around that price point. Be patient and an awesome game will come your way!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does that mean WPT is a sports pin as well? Or what about FT, that game gets tons of love from pinsiders and fishing seams way more a sport then NASCAR.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

When did driving a car in circles become a sport? And I never knew the ringmaster was gay...how did you? Drill a hole in his plastic mouth did you?

Yeah thats all race car drivers do, push the accelerator and turn left. Any moron can do it right. Your ignorance to one of the largest spectator SPORTS in america is laughable. Go to a race in person, tour the garage and pit area during a race and tell me that drivers and crew members aren't in topnotch physical condition to endure what they do for an entire race. Sorry, people who don't classify racing as a sport really bother me.

#16 11 years ago

i had a new in box one and really enjoyed it - small collection it's not the best - 7 or more games and it's a fun game - i sold mine because somebody offered 2500 and i figured i could replace it at 1500 for a route one

haven't found the 1500 one yet - but i would buy it again at that price - or a little more for huo

2500 was too much to pass on when the offer was made

thanks ed

#17 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for comments so far. Owners / Players, please keep your comments
coming.

Regards

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Yeah thats all race car drivers do, push the accelerator and turn left. Any moron can do it right. Your ignorance to one of the largest spectator SPORTS in america is laughable. Go to a race in person, tour the garage and pit area during a race and tell me that drivers and crew members aren't in topnotch physical condition to endure what they do for an entire race. Sorry, people who don't classify racing as a sport really bother me.

OH SNAP! I'm just firing back at RobT bud. Take er eeasssyyyy!!!

#19 11 years ago

Play one recently and found it fun. Thought the loop around the playfield might mean less to shoot for but didn't find that true. I'm not a NASCAR fan but I can think of much worst themes and find the rules, gameplay, and theme go fine together.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Yeah, I love sitting in a frying pan, trying to communicate with my crew, have 20 cars all trying to come after me while doing near 180 mph. I don't really watch much but if Talladega is a smaller track the speed would be slower but that's some intense stuff if you know what's really put in it.

To stay on topic... It's definitely a fun game but next to other pins it might get neglect. Alone I think there's nothing wrong with it other than the fact that a lot of other games in that price range are usually ranked way higher. So imho it comes down to theme and what games you have... or do not have

#21 11 years ago

funny thing is my bro in law LOVES nascar. i've been to the track in vegas and watched one race. for some reason or another though i can't find this machine to play. never have, still would like to. i've seen nice players machines go for 2100 for sure.

#22 11 years ago

Pins owned currently or in the past we have in common - WCS, Whirlwind, Maverick (love that one) and Jurassic Park. I enjoy Nascar more than all of them.

And for the record, I couldn't watch Nascar for 5 minutes...that is a sport I don't understand.

#23 11 years ago

I'm waiting on my NASCAR to be delivered this coming week. I think it's a really fun game.

#24 11 years ago

If you have never tried it, you should not bash it. I raced on a 1/4 mile asphalt oval a while. It is much harder than it looks on TV. I have never been able to find one at the right price but I will buy it when I do. I thnik all pins are fun though, even if I do not like the theme. Not a big golf fan but NGG is awesome.

#25 11 years ago

Thanks again everyone...

#26 11 years ago

I absolutely hate it. That said, it only matters what you think get some play time if you love it then don't hesitate to get it.

#27 11 years ago

I'd go play it for a while before deciding on buying it. I bought one as part of a multimachine buy. I couldn't say no at those prices. However, I quickly learned that themes count a lot for my love of certain games. I couldn't get into Nascar, or World Poker Tour. I did like Austin Powers though, and most people hate that game Theme counts for a lot.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Hello Team,
Considering buying Nascar, any owners? and what's your thoughts on this one?
Thanks Everyone...

Meh...if its cheap, sure. There are better games out there for its price range though.

#29 11 years ago

I had a NIB NASCAR FS earlier this year along with 8 other HUO pins. Obviously, I never played it. But that pin took a long find to find a buyer. Not a lot of love for NASCAR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-should-i-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.