Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a line on a 1500 dollar nascar. Overall in good shape, has a lockdown bar and needs a shop job.

What are people's opinion on this one?

#2 12 years ago

I liked it. I thought a few things got annoying (the the ball constantly looping around the outside of the PF) but overall it is an underrated game.

I have read it needs quite a bit of maintenance due to all the moving parts.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

What are people's opinion on this one?

If you dont buy it, I will. lol.

#4 12 years ago

it is through a friend so good luck finding it =P

Basically what I gather online is that the loop can be annoying after awhile, but the game is pretty solid if you keep it running.

#5 12 years ago

I liked NASCAR as well.Game doesn't get alot of hype but I enjoyed it.Had to do some modifying on the garage.It would consistantly shoot the ball down the middle.I would buy it for $1500.00.

#6 12 years ago

I'd buy it at that price without a doubt even though I HATE the theme.

Just played it the other day for the first time and it's a really fun game. Very simple to understand, has a bash toy up-the-middle-shot and two ramps. The drop targets on the upper right that start multiball are rather cool.

#7 12 years ago

Nascar was the game that restarted my pinball passion. Played it in an arcade in Florida and couldn't believe how far pins had advanced. (The last time I had played was around 1996)

For 1500 I would jump all over it. When you get done cleaning it I will give you 1900!

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

it is through a friend so good luck finding it =P

I didnt say I would buy it out from under you, I said I would buy it if you dont. Please buy it though, I need to stay focused and keep my money for a GnR next week.

#9 12 years ago

Sorry Gorilla, but 1900 wouldn't be worth it. I have to drive to get it. Figure 100 in gas. 50 to shop out. Then the risk that something is broken meaning more money and time.

Best case scenario would be 1650 in it. Not worth the risk for 250.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from brz:

Had to do some modifying on the garage.It would consistantly shoot the ball down the middle.

This really killed the ratings for me. Happened on the three different pins I played. If you can keep this from happening then the game is not a bad one. Esp for $1500.

#11 12 years ago

Amazingly, you can still buy a NIB Dale Jr. version. It just goes to show how unpopular the game is. I agree that it's underrated. For $1,500, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sorry Gorilla, but 1900 wouldn't be worth it

Aww, that's ok, man. Seriously though, I would LOVE to have it for $1500 even with the gas involved.

Good luck with whatever you do!

#13 12 years ago

It's not a bad game, and you can see the original mockup in the movie Special When Lit.

#14 12 years ago

I have owned a Nascar and i rate it a 7 out of 10. Not a bad pinball just not one of the best i have owned. I sold mine for $1,700 so $1,500 is not bad. If you don't have to drive far i would do it.

#15 12 years ago

I called and will be heading out tomorrow. He says it is fully working, but I have my doubts. If it isn't I hope to knock the price down more.

#16 12 years ago

Fun pin. Well worth $1500

#17 12 years ago

We will see. I tend to prefer lawlor pins, but I will be forced to sell something if I want to get something else. I will have 5 machines and if I add anymore I won't have enough space to get between them.

So... I have a large budget left over to buy a game, but no room. So, probably play this for awhile, fix jp and then decide what will go.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

We will see. I tend to prefer lawlor pins, but I will be forced to sell something if I want to get something else.

It is not typical Lawlor. a nice flowing game

#19 12 years ago

Music sucks, but everything else is awesome.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Music sucks, but everything else is awesome.

What?!! You don't like the Sammy Hagar for the multiball? I thought that was the best part of the game!

Sucker shot in the middle (Garage often shoots ball down drain, seems to be universal problem), narrowed PF due to the loop... feel is off IMO. Lawlors experiment in flow pins did not come out very well, it just doesn't seem to be what he does well.

That said, 1500 sounds really cheap. I'd buy it and try to flip it. Clean it up real nice and get it 100% working, and you could make a few hundred off it I think.

#21 12 years ago

$1500 sounds cheap if it works 100%. I have a NASCAR that I put new ramps, power board, and more in. It's listed for $2500, northern cal. It's a fun game, though I find it a little on the easy side.

I think it's a great effort by lawlor -- it feels different than his previous efforts which is nice. The outer ring racetrack design did limit the playfield design so I think that's the major gripe people have.

#22 12 years ago

I've never played one but I can see what you mean about the lane around the track making the playfield smaller.

#23 12 years ago

Its home...

As for the machine I paid 1350. 50v line is out meaning 2/3rds of the coils didn't work. The game was unplayable and quite a few of the expensive parts couldn't be tested.

The display is starting to outgass. It didn't show in test, but while in switch test you could see it flickering on a line of text.

Couple of broken plastics, cab has the usual scrapes, but the playfield and translight are nice.

Almost didn't get it because for one someone on here (I won't name anyone, but I do have your email...) wrote him saying he know who I was, listed my machines and then precoded to tell him 1800 was a steal. I don't know if you were trying to buy it out from under me or just trying to screw me over, but thanks it was a real help....

Lucky for me the guy stuck to our original deal and when it turned out the game didn't work he came down on the price so I didn't leave empty handed. Honestly, even at 1350 I had to think about it because even once I get the 50v coils back i have no idea how many of them work or what caused it to go out in the first place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.