(Topic ID: 220822)

NASCAR Orbit Post Issue (or behavior confirmation needed)

By grantopia

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by grantopia
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Experiencing what I think is an issue with my NASCAR post at the back of the orbit, but I’m admittedly not 100% sure how the game should behave...can anyone confirm for me?

The coil fires fine in test so I’ve ruled that out. In the infield party mode, you shoot the orbits for jackpots. The first two shots cause the coil to fire and the post to divert the ball to the pops. After that the coil doesn’t seem to fire, or maybe will once on what seems like a random orbit hit during the mode. Is this normal, or should each hit in the mode be causing the post to come up? During play when a mode isn’t running, I’ll occasionally get an orbit shot that triggers the post, but again I’m not sure what causes that or if it’s even correct.

I’d love if anyone could let me know how their game behaves so I can figure this out.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Any other owners able to shed some light on this?

1 week later
#3 5 years ago

Help me bump!

#4 5 years ago

I'm babysitting a Dale Jr. at my shop. I've definitely noticed some orbits shots go all the way around during the Infield Party mode. It works most of the time. I don't remember the post going up any other time. I'll play a game today and check it out.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

I'm babysitting a Dale Jr. at my shop. I've definitely noticed some orbits shots go all the way around during the Infield Party mode. It works most of the time. I don't remember the post going up any other time. I'll play a game today and check it out.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. Everything works in coil/switch test. I know the game has a few odd code quirks so I didn't know if that was just one of them.

#6 5 years ago

I pulled the glass and tried it out. The post stayed down occasionally on left orbit shots, but most of the time worked properly. At the start of the mode both orbits are lit. After the first shot only one will be lit at a time. Sometimes when the post failed to fire on a lit shot, it would fire when it hit the opposite rollover. Something confusing is happening there. Software issue? I didn't look at the coil at all.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

I pulled the glass and tried it out. The post stayed down occasionally on left orbit shots, but most of the time worked properly. At the start of the mode both orbits are lit. After the first shot only one will be lit at a time. Sometimes when the post failed to fire on a lit shot, it would fire when it hit the opposite rollover. Something confusing is happening there. Software issue? I didn't look at the coil at all.

Thanks - that makes me feel a bit better. I have a pretty similar situation so I'm thinking it's more on the code side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-orbit-post-issue-or-behavior-confirmation-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.