• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by boy141
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2019-09-24_17h39_29 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boy141.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have two issues with this NASCAR project pin that I overpaid.

1) Coils #27 and #28 do not work. Replaced with new coils and made sure the wires were put on right. Ohmed the coils and they are within tolerance. As you can see in the video, when the ball gets put into that lane, I get a coil malfunction. You can see the post is trying to come down. It's only when I push on the switch behind the ball, that the post fully comes down. The reason why it comes down is because the game thinks it's in multiball mode. Video here:

2) The car upkicker doesn't stick. The only time it works, is when the ball is lost. It miraculously works. Other times, it just kicks itself over and over again.

Things I've done:

1) I've replaced the BOTH opto sensors and board. I've cleaned the plastic area where the optos are facing one another. I've replaced BOTH coils. Same issue.
2) I've replaced the plunger (12A) and the spring (14A). No improvement. The car upkicker still kicks up and comes down. It doesn't stay in place. I am thinking of replacing 12B- Solding Plunger and extension assembly.

Any help on this?

2019-09-24_17h39_29 (resized).png2019-09-24_17h39_29 (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

BUMP help plz

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

On the on I repaired, I had to replace item 12c as it was so worn down. No way it would ever latch.

Yup. 12C was def worn down on mine. I replaced it and the car still pops up and down. I have a feeling that 12B has been worn down. I feel like the part that bumps against 12B gets heavily worn/flatten.

2 weeks later
#7 4 years ago

Here's an update guys. The person who sold me the game said that I had a new driver board. After tracing back wires, the driver board has acid all over it. Got a new board put in. The service switch is finally working but I still get errors at #27 and #28 solenoid. Do I need to get a new Rom chip?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boy141.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-issues?tu=boy141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.