Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jeekayjay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMGA0756.JPG
IMGA0754.JPG

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I scored a Dale jr at an auction as one of my first pins. I liked it so much that I sold it and found a NIB. It's still one of my favorite pins and plan to do a playfield swap in the near future.

#52 5 years ago

what

#53 5 years ago

I didn't like NASCAR when I first played it. I'm not a fan of the theme. The more I have played it the more I see how it is a fun game.

#54 5 years ago

I have a HUO Nascar.
I like it a lot !!!!

#55 4 years ago

I have a Grand Prix with NASCAR ROMs and translight, I really like it and gets a lot of play when people visit.

#56 4 years ago

I have both a HUO Nascar & HUO Dale Jr. Bought the Nascar direct from stern when it came out and when Dale Jr came out I bought that as well direct from stern ( just because it's a 'collector edition' ), but then again I'm a NASCAR Fanatic as well...Daytona 500 Tomorrow! Love the game(s)....

I must have been one of the first people to receive NASCAR when it was release because I had issues with the Garage Mech not scorring correctly, so in working directly with stern tech we discovered 3 different software issues with the Garage. Stern was great in working with me to get the software fixed and sent me all the parts & software I needed to get the system working 100%....All software issues had been resolved by the time Dale Jr was released......

#57 4 years ago

I owned one for five or six years and enjoyed it. Best drop target bank in modern era Stern imo. Challenging to hit, just right resistance, and a nice sound/feel when dropped.

Definately a good bang for the buck as excellent condition games can be had for under 2500.

However, as a NASCAR fan I don't think they did the theme justice. The whole dumbass redneck thing leads me to believe the designers weren't truly fans of the sport.(unlike say lotr where the love is obvious) I would have preferred a more serious take of the sport rather than relying on stereotypes.(although truly too many nascar fans are seriously stupid people. I've been to enough races to verify this as fact).

#58 4 years ago

I'm going out on a limb here, and I hate to sound P.C....but I know a few people who sound exactly like the guy in NASCAR. They are not "dumbass rednecks", or even rednecks. Yes, the guy has a heavy southern accent. But please don't assume that he's dumb. To me he's no different that the guy in Whirlwind saying "Return to your homes"...just another dialect to make the game interesting.

I am curious about whether the announcer was really southern, or a guy coached to talk like that. The voices in TWD don't sound very authentic to me, but the one in NASCAR does.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm going out on a limb here, and I hate to sound P.C....but I know a few people who sound exactly like the guy in Nascar. They are not "dumbass rednecks", or even rednecks. Yes, the guy has a heavy southern accent. But please don't assume that he's dumb. To me he's no different that the guy in Whirlwind saying "Return to your homes"...just another dialect to make the game interesting.
I am curious about whether the announcer was really southern, or a guy coached to talk like that. The voices in TWD don't sound very authentic to me, but the one in Nascar does.

I have no problem with the southern accent, it's just that the commentary is a little too stereotypically redneck. The other voice in the game is Allen Bestwick, one of NASCAR's best announcers. More of Bestwick would have been better.

The other issue for me, redneck wise, is the artwork. While overall I like the art, it trades imagination for a few easy stereotypes. The country bumpkin chick could easily have been rendered as a hot southern bell with at least half a brain.

As a racing fan I was really hoping for a pin that would pay homage to a great sport. Instead, we got a game for a silly sport watched by stupid people.

#60 4 years ago

I played NASCAR a few times and thought it was decent. I like car themes but not big on NASCAR. I remember callouts being cheesy and thought they could be better. Grand Prix seems to be the same but never played it. I also played I500 a few times and had the same feeling. Decent game but would love to see a better racing theme. Something where you hit a fast orbit shot for laps, shots to overtake cars, and a pit lane to refuel/tires. You could even use the Stern lockdown button for an overboost/nitrous feature. Problem is I don't think racing is as popular as other themes.

#61 4 years ago

I don't recall this being mentioned yet: For game owners, check out the Technical bulletin regarding the improved/beefier coil bracket for the bash toy. The original tended to get bent and problems with the car ensued. If someone needs one let me know as I believe I have an extra.

#62 4 years ago

Actually a very fun game....stayed at a hotel in Orlando last year that had a Gameroom w 3 pins..TSPP ( trashed), TRON ( trashed), and pristine NASCAR. I figured " probably mint because no one plays it" ...boy was I wrong.....went to the quarter changer 3 times that night...couldn't quit playing the thing. Really had a blast ......

#63 4 years ago

Allan Bestwick is a lot better than the fake British accent the commentator on Grand Prix has.

#64 4 years ago

I am getting ready to sell a nice Dale Jr. if anyone is interested. I'll have an ad and pictures shortly.

Likely listing it at $3,000 OBO.

3 months later
#65 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

would love to see a better racing theme. Something where you hit a fast orbit shot for laps, shots to overtake cars, and a pit lane to refuel/tires.

Not sure if you know this or not but I500 has all these features... and more...

#66 4 years ago

One thing about it....

It sure makes you feel better about your play after getting your ass handed to you on Ironman or TWD.

Fun pin at first few plays but need more time on it for a firm opinion

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Harpers Ferry, WV
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside