Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Colsond3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

We sold a Nascar last year, and the guy recently contacted me and said when the ball goes into the garage scoop, it's not registering every time. Some days 5/10 times, other days 9/10 or even 10/10 times. At times, the ball will go down in the garage, and I suppose not trigger the switch or actuator. It won't kick back out until a ball check occurs.

I went out and played the game several times. Sometimes it was perfect, other times it got stuck down there maybe 1 out of every 20 times. I tinkered, replaced the Y switch with a brand new one from Little Shop of Games, bent the arm up slightly, etc. Everything seems to be working properly and no other errors or credit dot. Doesn't seem to have any board issues.

Anybody else have this problem? Any solutions or suggestions that worked for you?

#2 7 years ago

I'd pull the whole assembly out. Go over all the wiring for breaks and shorts. Especially breaks inside the wire casing you can't see.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Don't overtighten the switch. Just barely snug them in. Seen too many overtightened and ruined.

#4 7 years ago

When mine had issues it was the garage bushings. Replaced and greased them up.
A good cleaning and re-greasing should be step 1 no need to remove the assembly.
Then move on to the Y switch.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the input fellas. I don't think I overtightened it. I'll go out and take another look...already replaced the Y switch though as noted in 1st post. Switch itself seems to be working properly, just not sure if the ball is sitting correctly on the arm each time it goes down, or fully depressing the actuator. When I test it manually, it seems the ball is just not seated right sometimes, and it's finding a blind spot of some kind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.