Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

so seems like every game i have is having issues right now...

my nascar is giving me issues was playing a game the other day got into multi ball and locked a ball in the semi lock and then it never fired. also the scanner hole wouldn't fire i checked the fuses and F21 is blown.

I replaced the fuse turned the game on and within seconds it blew the next fuse. i tryd one more and the same outcome.

i replaced the Rom with the latest version thinking this might help (i read some issues with coils sticking and blowing fuses on the original rom) this is a home use only game.

any ideas what could be causing this? doesn't seem like any of the coils are stuck on that i can see. everything seems to be in the resting position.

please help
thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago

Bad coil ?

Unplug the coil connector from the board, if fuse blows then board issues like the bridge rectifier for coil power. If it doesn't blow then a bad coil out in the game or a short to coil wiring.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bad coil ?
Unplug the coil connector from the board, if fuse blows then board issues like the bridge rectifier for coil power. If it doesn't blow then a bad coil out in the game or a short to coil wiring.

Thanks a lot this sounds like a great place to start!

Any idea what connector is the coils on the game?

If you don't know off the top of your head no biggie I'll look it up in the manual

#4 9 years ago

so i checked the fuse again with all coils connectors unplugged and it did not blow then i went through one by one connecting the connectors and no issues no blown fuse finally i had J10 left to connect and when i did the fuse popped!

so looks like J10 is my problem connector. i noticed that the 4th pin on the board itself looks a little tarnished just slightly like the problem happened there.

Also i should say that the coils that aren't working are.

the ball plunger
the semi kicker
all 3 pop bumpers
the scanner hole.

basiclly all the coils from high voltage group1 and group2

except for the left and right flipper they are working fine.

what is my next step?

i looked under the play field and the coils look fine to the naked eye.

#5 9 years ago

Measure the resistance across the coil with a multimeter. My guess is one of them will measure less than 4 ohms.

#6 9 years ago

Will I have to have a fuse in F21 to measure it? I thought with the fuse blown the coils are getting no power.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Measure the resistance across the coil with a multimeter.

Quoted from V8haha:

Will I have to have a fuse in F21 to measure it?

Please don't have the game turned on to measure resistance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-fuse-21-blown-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.