• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121115_152158.jpg
image.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Bought a NASCAR a few weeks ago and it's being delivered tonight, woot!

I know this game doesn't get a lot of love, but it's one of the only DMD games I have gotten a decent amount of play time on, and I really enjoy it.

I don't care for NASCAR as a theme, but it's all just racing anyway. The game doesn't have any detail about specific NASCAR things you need to know, so it might as well be any kind of racing.

This is my first "modern" pin, so I am excited (had to share).

#2 11 years ago

Welcome to the DMD addiction my friend

I'm actually holding a Nascar for a fellow pinsider that got delivered to my garage last night...

I think I'll actually go home and give it a whirl!

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't care for Nascar as a theme, but it's all just racing anyway.

+1 on that.

Quoted from fattrain:

I think I'll actually go home and give it a whirl!

If you have not played Nascar I recommend you do so. The theme is not my cup of tea either but the play is pretty cool...plus, if you break it "if was already like that when it was delivered".

#4 11 years ago

Give it a shot. Based on what I've seen of your pins though, you will probably be underwhelmed comparing NASCAR to some of the ones you have, lol.

I have the advantage of never having played most of the games out there, only about 1/3 of the top 100 list, so I don't know what I am missing yet.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

so I don't know what I am missing yet. []

YET!!...be very careful are you proceed sir.

#6 11 years ago

I used to enjoy watching the races on TV, until they went to cable...and I enjoy my NASCAR pin.

#7 11 years ago

Congrats! Post pics!!!

#8 11 years ago

Here's a score you can try to beat tonight

(JK...this machine was on location and had some serious issues, like it kept kicking out extra balls - I think at least 5 or 6 during this one game, or I wouldn't have even come close to this score, ha! It was still a lot of fun though....)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Sure way to a GC score: get the machine to randomly dump out extra balls.

For everyone else, BadBrick and I played the NASCAR in his picture locally, and the game just kept giving extra balls when you drained. Neither of us are accomplished pinball players, even though BB is better than I am by a lot.

The POTC next to it is in just as bad of condition. I think I broke the ship on it last time we were there. I got a ball stuck under/behind it, and it never moved after that.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Neither of us are accomplished pinball players, even though BB is better than I am by a lot.

Actually I think we are both equally poor players...although I consistently beat my wife* (who has played about 3 games of pinball in her life).

* ...and I usually get higher pinball scores than her, too!

#11 11 years ago

Nascar was the "modern" game that got me back in to playing. It will hopefully be my next title.

Congrats!

#12 11 years ago

Dag yo, I want one.

#13 11 years ago

Got it all set up and adjusted. Woot woot! I can't driiive fifty fiiiivvvveeeee!

20121115_152158.jpg20121115_152158.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Sorry the pic is sideways. Not su're why my phone did that.

#15 11 years ago

it's ok, my laptop is sideways, too, so it all worked out here.

Looks great, brother.

#16 11 years ago

Thanks! I can't wait to LED and pimp this thing out. Time to go get some matchbox cars I think.

#17 11 years ago

I think it a very fun pin ... Played it a lot when it came out (there were several around town then) Within a mount they all had issues ... most had that test/crash car go ka-flooy - flippers not working and that trap door car-wheel thing in the upper left getting stuck.
All of 'em sat a while then disapeared.
I don't care for nascar at all but the pin (in working order) is very enjoyable and I guess if you like "The left trun only nascar gig" it would be more so ...
Congradulations matey!!
Steve Smith
Richmond VA.

1 week later
#18 11 years ago

Just picked one up last week. Definitely an under-rated Pin. Congrats.

#19 11 years ago

Same to you! I am loving it so far. My damn sister, who has played maybe 2 games of pinball in her life, had an amazing game last night and set the current Thanksgiving high score on Nascar. (I reset them for thanksgiving).

#20 11 years ago

I had one for a while and it wasnt a bad game, it just wasnt my theme.

#21 11 years ago

I know it doesn't get a whole lot of love within the pinball community but personally I really enjoy playing my Nascar. It works very well for me in my collection and is great to play for a change. When I do play it I find that I will spend a lot of time on it having fun.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

I know it doesn't get a whole lot of love within the pinball community but personally I really enjoy playing my Nascar. It works very well for me in my collection and is great to play for a change. When I do play it I find that I will spend a lot of time on it having fun.

Yep, I agree.

#23 11 years ago

All I need is Nascar to complete my killer line-up. BBH, Monopoly, Nascar.

1 week later
#24 11 years ago

Blew the trough up-kicker coil last night. Finally got to championship mode for the first time, and the damn coil overheated, lol. I was draining balls so fast it was having a hard time keeping up spitting them back out again.

Had an amazing GC score when most of the solenoids went dead and the fuse blew.

Now I have to wait for the replacement. BAH!

#25 11 years ago

Nascar a super fun game. Congrats!

#26 11 years ago

Welp, I finally figured out what happened.

http://www.sternpinball.com/SB/ServiceBulletin_166.html

I need to replace Q1 now and also upgrade the roms. I guess digging out the burner is in order.

2 weeks later
#27 11 years ago

and how did you make out?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-comes-tonight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.