(Topic ID: 14913)

NASCAR ball accelerator blows fuse every 10-14 days. Why?

By the_pin_family

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Yep, I replace the fuse and 10-14 days later it blows. The last time it blew everything locked up and the sound started repeated itself like a stuck record. Turned the pin off and back on, it booted up and everything seemed fine except the ball accel. Anyone have this problem or have an idea where I should start looking?

#2 12 years ago

Have to ask, are you replacing the fuse with the correct amperage, voltage ratings and whether it's a standard or slo-blo??

#3 12 years ago

Its a feature.

#4 12 years ago

Yep, 4 amp slo-blo

Quoted from pdman:

Have to ask, are you replacing the fuse with the correct amperage, voltage ratings and whether it's a standard or slo-blo??

#6 12 years ago

Does my breath stink or something? B.O. Maybe? I can't buy an answer to this question.

#7 12 years ago

Your magnet optos may be intermittent. If they are, they'll pulse the magnet many more times than they should blowing the fuse. Check the connectors on the opto boards/re-flow the connector pins. It's also possible some optos have become weak and need to be replaced. Remember to always replace them in pairs.

Of course that wouldn't explain the lockup, but perhaps it's a place to start...

#8 12 years ago

Thanks Troz. I hate intermittent problems. It can quickly turn into an expensive guessing game. I own an appliance repair business and run into them on occasion. Optos are not to expensive if memory serves so I'll start there. I guess if I have to I can hook my meter up that tracks and saves data. If I leave it under the PF hooked up maybe next time it happens I'll get something. Now that I look at this on paper it looks like its going to be a pain in the ass. Well I'll order some optos and replace one set at a time and see if I get lucky the first time. As for the lock up I couldn't imaging it being anything but a one time fluke or bad software. That's cheap enough also. What I don't want to replace is the ball accelorator. I haven't priced them but they look expensive.

#9 12 years ago

My wife blows a fuse every 28 days.. heyoooo!

#10 12 years ago

My wife blows me every day.....well, almost everyday.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

My wife blows a fuse every 28 days.. heyoooo!

Ball accelorator.....Insert joke here.

6 years later
#12 5 years ago

Nascar Magnet problem - the pin has three magnets, two together and a single. All three are not working and all fuses are good. Please Help... Dale Jr limited edition 1 of 600........ had it 6 weeks and was all good til now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-ball-accelerator-blows-fuse-every-10-14-days-why?hl=familyguyrod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.