(Topic ID: 275918)

Narrow Pinball machine options.

By Impzilla

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15983952292651895846917 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 1.05.18 PM (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

I am looking at my pinball machine line up and the game room could accommodate another unit if it was a bit narrower than average.
    Something like the size of Spanish Eyes or Paddock comes to mind as those are the slimmest machines I have seen in person - about 26 inches wide per IPDB.

A few slim games that I can think of that are not really on my list:
    Safe Cracker - $$$$ ow.
    Williams Pinball 2000 Star Wars -Nah.
    Williams Pinball 2000 Revenge from Mars - maybe.

How many other games are out there that are fun and have a slightly slimmer profile ?

Help me squeeze one more game in..

Thx.

#2 3 years ago

There's only one choice, Banzai Run has it all and it's under 24". Or I guess you could go with RFM which is like the same width, either will do in my book.

John

#3 3 years ago

Williams Slugfest

#4 3 years ago

Speakeasy?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

There's only one choice, Banzai Run has it all and it's under 24"

I forgot about this machine, its a contender if I found one at a good price.

Quoted from ericthehalfb:

Williams Slugfest

There was one of these near me at a bowling alley and I played a ton of games.

Not familiar with this one, I need to look into it but first glance looks solid.

Thanks for the ideas - I'm making a list.

#6 3 years ago

Super Mario mushroom world!!!

#7 3 years ago

What are the deminsions of a Bally "LE" series? I know my Centaur 2 seems slim
    Centaur, 8ball deluxe

#9 3 years ago

Wood rails and wedge heads your best bet.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

Super Mario mushroom world!!!

Flyer has 27 width listed, looks bigger but I'll look into that.

Quoted from TheLaw:

What are the deminsions of a Bally "LE" series? I know my Centaur 2 seems slim
    Centaur, 8ball deluxe

Centaur2, pacman and Hyperball (rapid fire) have the same cab but none of the flyers have dimensions listed, the head pieces looks wide??
    8 Ball Deluxe is a solid candidate if its slim.

No dimensions on flyer either but it appears about normal width. I bet its a fun game.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wood rails and wedge heads your best bet.

Never had a game from that era, whats one or two that is a good example. ?

#11 3 years ago

The Bally LEs don't have a head, so they don't stick out horizontally beyond the body like a normal cab.
    Stuck at work dammit

Edit: wedgheads- centigrade 37, abra ca Debra, 2001, jacks open ?

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

centigrade 37, abra ca Debra, 2001, jacks open

2001 and Abra CaDabra look like awesome EM games that would match my rooms vibe.

But,
    The LE Centaur 2 and 8 ball deluxe machines are getting my interest up. I have played a few games of Centaur before years ago but had no idea the options that game has after watching a few videos. That thing is feature packed and if its a slim package....

Thanks for the input so far guys, keep it coming.

#13 3 years ago

Looks like my Centaur 2 is 27.25" (the head does stick out a touch) and my Kings & Queens in 26" at the very top of it's wedge.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks like my Centaur 2 is 27.25

27.25 is going to be my goal, I'll move some games in tighter and confirm the space.

Thanks for the help.

#15 3 years ago

Happy hunting.

#16 3 years ago

Wedge heads and Williams 1 players.

#17 3 years ago

I’ve never tried this but there are some “reverse” or “upside down” wedge heads you could put every other to save some space.

However you’d probably need to do this several times over to gain the space for yet another machine.

Good luck!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Wedge heads and Williams 1 players.

Yeah, my Lucky Strike slides in here at a mere 22.5"

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 1.05.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-25 at 1.05.18 PM (resized).png
    #20 3 years ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

Yeah, my Lucky Strike slides in here at a mere 22.5"

Great pic, Vinyl - Joey Ramone caricature and pinball.

I'll look into that generation of machines, 22.5 is an easy fit.

Thx.

#21 3 years ago

My woodrails are 25 at the legs. Kings plays surprisingly fast as do some others. I like the way they look too, even my wife gave a tiny bit of a wow when I bought it home.

15983952292651895846917 (resized).jpg15983952292651895846917 (resized).jpg
    #22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Impzilla:

Flyer has 27 width listed, looks bigger but I'll look into that.

Centaur2, pacman and Hyperball (rapid fire) have the same cab but none of the flyers have dimensions listed, the head pieces looks wide??
    8 Ball Deluxe is a solid candidate if its slim.

No dimensions on flyer either but it appears about normal width. I bet its a fun game.

Never had a game from that era, whats one or two that is a good example. ?

No, the head is only 27.5 inches wide. Also, the cabinet it 4 inches shorter than a normal length machine. (48 inches)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/narrow-pinball-machine-options and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.