• Latest reply 9 years ago by JosiahCox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stargate leds.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Just bought a bunch of Ablaze LEDs to install in the GI on Stargate & they won't fit...too wide...which bulbs work...preferrably non-ghosting.

#2 9 years ago

I use Cointaker frosted premiums myself for G.I., but I am curious about why those Ablaze are too wide. I assume you got the right socket type and it's just the plastic cap that is too wide?

#3 9 years ago

The cap is to wide, I've run into this before. Can't remember who sells the narrow cap bulbs.

#4 9 years ago

commet does I think?

#5 9 years ago

the only frosteds I have found to work, are cointakers frosteds, ... comet, PB wont work=too big, ablaze arent bright enough for me. The 4 led fing brights will work too but dont throw light real well except straight up, I use these in the back of the machine where its dark, one other option too is to use comets led strips, they are 6v and bright as hell for under ramps, etc

#6 9 years ago

These will probably work as well I would assume...need to double check...not frosted but they throw light pretty well

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1174

#7 9 years ago

The cheap Ablaze bulbs won't even work in my Freddy or SG. Be careful and do some research before purchasing the bottom line Ablaze bulbs

#8 9 years ago

The Comet frosted bullets are what I have in mine and they work fine. I ran into the same problem with almost every other bulb I had being too wide, so on certain specialty bulbs husband literally drilled out the hole to make it slightly bigger. (I believe we did it under the lane guides and a couple of the GI where we wanted more light than a single bullet could do.) Art is in the process of getting special "Gottlieb size bulbs" at Comet, and since I've got a Gottlieb he's sending me a few to try out. I don't have them yet, and honestly don't know a timeline.

#9 9 years ago

Indeed, I have now measured 3 different hole sizes on the same title, varying by up to .28mm.

However, if the OP, is inserting through the bottom, and wants only non ghosting, which is not needed in the GI,
then Cointaker would be the only vendor with this product. Do ask for the measurement first, and measure the diameter of the hole.

What we are releasing in the nearest future, are round Diamond Faceted 5050 bulbs.
They will be available at first, in White and Warm white, hopefully in 7-8 weeks. The prototypes, finally have arrived,
and they are a unique new look...a cross between frosted, clear, and faceted. They can be used in any game.
After that, we will check demand for colors....

I have just a few samples, I can send, to anyone who asks with an order, while I have them.

Other wise, you can use any bulb, as others do, with a tear down and install from the top side.....The only exception is some games, same time, varied the length of the socket underneath, and some may need to be bent up.

Oh, and you can grind the plastic rim down, but its a pain.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for that Art,

I have shopped 6-7 Sys 3s now, and I can tell you that the GI through holes are small, and I have tried about every bulb out there that is decent, the 4 smd that Art sells or Ablaze sells will work but you usually have to take the lamp holder out from behind to do it, and they work great but dont throw light.

I use a lot of Arts stuff by choice, especially his normal frosted SMDs due to price and performance, best out there. I find these and CT very similar in performance. CT is the only one that works in all Sys3s (playfield GI holes)in my experience, frosted that is, which is my preference for GI bulbs that the player may see from one angle or another,. also what I use in backboxes so you dont see circles of light on artwork etc...

I would advise against grinding the plastic rim of the bulb down... seems excessive..

#11 9 years ago

I used Comet's ultimate optix in most of my GI. They just fit.
Had to use a flex one for the left sling as to not blind the player. Also added three spotlights with op max bulbs.
Granted LED's photo not so great but here is my example and sorry for the backglass reflection.

Stargate leds.JPGStargate leds.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/narrow-led-bulbs-for-stargate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.