Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AMSNL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kevin-bacon-pinball (resized).jpg
    BEA970F9-4AE3-4494-BD4D-D8CF5FD86943 (resized).jpeg
    A22B3F7E-0FBF-467B-BCE2-9F0973039443 (resized).jpeg
    tenor (2).gif
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/110920137_nancy-cartwright-s-custom-the-simpsons-pinball-machine

The hammer price was $10k, the buyer's premium was 21%, so the full total was $12,100.

(Data East, 1990) A vintage The Simpsons pinball machine by Data East Pinball from the personal collection of the voice of Bart Simpson, Nancy Cartwright.

[...]

This piece was gifted by Data East directly to Cartwright, and contains an engraved metal plaque under the playfield glass reading, "Made Especially for Nancy Cartwright (The Voice of Bart Simpson) and her family." Additionally, the backglass retains a gold ribbon sticker noting that the game won the 1990 AMOA Best Pinball Machine award. The electronics have been tested and are in working order. Measuring 87.5" tall, 27.75" wide, and 51.5" long, the machine is in very good condition. Two bowling pin targets have broken off inside the machine, but the sensors still register contact. There is minor rubbing to the side art and general wear from use by Cartwright and her family.

This auction house didn't seem to publish their prices, but I did grab a screenshot while the auction was underway.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

Captain's Auction just ended, this is just adding insult to injury. Cmon man, we've seen enough high prices!!!!!!
    tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif

#3 2 years ago

Interesting to see even this one has playfield damage!
    10k for a game with a nice history but with some work to do as rubbers are worn out, from targets broken off,…
    At least nice to see that they did play it a lot apparently

#4 2 years ago

EDIT wrong thead!

#5 2 years ago

It’s official every game with the word pinball is now worth $10,000

#6 2 years ago

Games that are owned by celebrities will always command high prices, it’s not indicative of the value of all DE Simpsons.

The Porsche 928 driven by Tom cruise in risky business recently sold for $2million. A typical 928 can be had for under $20k.
    https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1076105_porsche-928-from-risky-business-sells-for-almost-2m-at-auction

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Games that are owned by celebrities will always command high prices, it’s not indicative of the value of all DE Simpsons.
    The Porsche 928 driven by Tom cruise in risky business recently sold for $2million. A typical 928 can be had for under $20k.
    https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1076105_porsche-928-from-risky-business-sells-for-almost-2m-at-auction

Yes, 1.8 million when the hammer dropped

#8 2 years ago

Speaking of Tom Cruise, I used to own the Mercedes he drove in the movie “The Firm”. It was traded in to one of the dealers we do work for and when I was servicing it I found all the paperwork in the trunk. Wish I had pictures.

#9 2 years ago

Games like this will always seem overpriced to pinball hobbyists.

Pretty unique collectible - price seems reasonable given the crazy amount of cash floating around at the moment.

6 months later
    #10 1 year ago

I worked on this one today,very nice shape.Fixed the broken drop targets and new rubber.Easy fix on this one.

A22B3F7E-0FBF-467B-BCE2-9F0973039443 (resized).jpegA22B3F7E-0FBF-467B-BCE2-9F0973039443 (resized).jpegBEA970F9-4AE3-4494-BD4D-D8CF5FD86943 (resized).jpegBEA970F9-4AE3-4494-BD4D-D8CF5FD86943 (resized).jpeg
    #11 1 year ago

Def the nicest original DE Simpsons I’ve seen

Hope you replaced all 3 of the bowling pin drops or you’ll just be back there in a month or two replacing the 3rd one.

But then, that’s return business!

#12 1 year ago

oh yeah, I replaced all three,they’re so easy to replace on these games and these three are so commonly broken that it doesn’t make sense to do it any other way.btw,the third WAS also broken,just hanging by a thread lol.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Def the nicest original DE Simpsons I’ve seen
    Hope you replaced all 3 of the bowling pin drops or you’ll just be back there in a month or two replacing the 3rd one.
    But then, that’s return business!

#13 1 year ago

What about the display? Looks wonky.

#14 1 year ago

Displays strobe and frequently look wonky in photos. This is true of all digital displays prior to LCDs.

#15 1 year ago

For sure,the displays are very sharp and bright, and you’re correct,it’s tough to get a good photo of them.Much like myself,they don’t photograph well.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Displays strobe and frequently look wonky in photos. This is true of all digital displays prior to LCDs.

#16 1 year ago

I wonder how much this Apollo 13 is worth... Kevin Bacon actually touched it!

kevin-bacon-pinball (resized).jpgkevin-bacon-pinball (resized).jpg
    #17 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I wonder how much this Apollo 13 is worth... Kevin Bacon actually touched it![quoted image]

I believe there was one that was signed by tom hanks or bill Paxton on the playfield . It sold a few years ago

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nancy-cartwright-s-de-simpsons-sells-for-10k?hl=pinballemporium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.